Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Gatts posted:

I think we can still get some comedy out of the corpse. Just beat it a bit more...to the left.

Necromancer: CORPSE EXPLOSION!

*splurt*

You could have made all kinds of Magus jokes about ignition and the cancerverse and other crazy cosmic poo poo and you splurt this?

Bring back Love Bug!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

coconono posted:

if Rider comes back and Bendis scripts it like a scene from Cheers, I'm done with this comic. Maybe. Dammit.

NOVA: Hey, everybody!

The GUARDIANS: Nova!

MANTIS (simultaneously): Richard!

DRAX: What'll you have there, Nova?

NOVA: Draxy, I've been trapped in the Cancerverse for two years, stuck in a dimension where everything that is good and holy has been perverted into a sick mockery of itself. And my only companion was a monster who is literally in love with death. What do you think you could possibly offer me that would help restore me after such a terrible ordeal?

DRAX: A beer?

NOVA: Two beers!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Speaking of, I stopped reading Avengers/New Avengers right when Infinity started (I was reading on Marvel Unlimited). Will I miss any of the main story if I end up skipping everything from Infinity?

Avengers (12-23)
New Avengers (7-12)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Flameingblack posted:

Speaking of, I stopped reading Avengers/New Avengers right when Infinity started (I was reading on Marvel Unlimited). Will I miss any of the main story if I end up skipping everything from Infinity?

Avengers (12-23)
New Avengers (7-12)

I do think so at least for New Avengers. That storyline is the main focus of Hickman. Avengers maybe not as much.

I bought the 75 dolla complete Infinity thing on Marvels site and it is awesome.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Avengers and new avengers are just important to the storyline as the main mini. There is a reason they stuck a chart telling the reading order.
Also Secret Avengers is really good. It's worth catching up on the three issues already released

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

Avengers (12-23)
New Avengers (7-12)

Infinity is the end of the first act of Avengers/New Avengers. Skipping it is no different than skipping the beginning of each of those series.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
ANGR continues to be awesome. I like how Robbie-as-Ghost Rider doesn't talk or anything; it just makes him come off like a single-minded instrument of vengeance and it's awesome.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This panel best describes my emotions towards ANGR

I literally yelled in hype over the knee thing near the end. This book's just too loving sick.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

This panel best describes my emotions towards ANGR

I literally yelled in hype over the knee thing near the end. This book's just too loving sick.

That entire sequence was awesome and that next to last page was beautiful.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I haven't noticed before just now, are his eyes supposed to be different colors?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Senor Candle posted:

I haven't noticed before just now, are his eyes supposed to be different colors?

Yeah, his eyes changed colors after the first time he Ghost Ridered.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
Ever since he became Ghost Rider, yes -- and to make things funnier, he initially mistook it (the differently-colored eyes) for having come down with something, I think pinkeye?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Iron Man was really good again this month. Malekith doesn't realize that Tony has fought the Mandarin too many times to not be able to counter his rings. Not to mention Malekith lacks the Mandarin's skill in using them.

I really want Captain Marvel to go somewhere, because I'm really enjoying the character stuff, but the story isn't there.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, I checked the preview and Pissed Off Tony Vs Elves + Mandarin Ring Corps pulled me back in. Pretty rad stuff, Tony's super loving pissed off.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I loved the Fascist Man Alive.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

Suben posted:

ANGR continues to be awesome. I like how Robbie-as-Ghost Rider doesn't talk or anything; it just makes him come off like a single-minded instrument of vengeance and it's awesome.

He's like a horror movie slasher antagonist, only he's good, it's great!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ghost Rider and Moon Knight are very good comics :)

radlum
May 13, 2013
I love the art on Ghost Rider; so far the plot has been OK, but the art is so dynamic, it really makes the book stand out more and fits the character and the plot perfectly.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Picked up the first 3 secret avengers, and drat do I enjoy that book. Love the art, the jokes, everything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nevvy Z posted:

I loved the Fascist Man Alive.

That was awesome. And Tony just loving up the elves without giving a poo poo is amazing.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Edge & Christian posted:

But you know, loving Bendis. It could be anything. It's probably some lovely What If?

How long does it usually take before someone else takes over?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

How long does it usually take before someone else takes over?

For Bendis? It could be a decade.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Chortles posted:

Ever since he became Ghost Rider, yes -- and to make things funnier, he initially mistook it (the differently-colored eyes) for having come down with something, I think pinkeye?

gently caress how did I even miss that. I'll go back through and reread it when the arc finishes.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I liked Secret Avengers; felt more interesting than the previous series, but there's something off about the book, it feels like it's trying to be endearing and funny, in a too evident way. It's good and I'll keep reading it, but it still feels a bit off.

Marvel is going to bankrupt me, too many good books now.

Golden Lumber
May 30, 2013
What are good starting points for each of the main series? I just got marvel unlimited and I'm at a loss as to where to start.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Golden Lumber posted:

What are good starting points for each of the main series? I just got marvel unlimited and I'm at a loss as to where to start.

Most recent volume of the book you want to read, issue #1. They relaunched basically everything so that you'd be able to jump in at the first issue.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

You'll want to start with Thor: God of Thunder #1, tho. Trust me.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Golden Lumber posted:

Most books have recap pages. Many of the main ones either recently relaunched between 4 months and 16 months ago. Just start reading and use BSS QA or Wiki to look up back issue #s if you get lost.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I do not get why people give Bendis' Guardians praise, aside from new members joining the team, nothing ever happens.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

E the Shaggy posted:

I do not get why people give Bendis' Guardians praise, aside from new members joining the team, nothing ever happens.

Plenty of stuff happens.
Star-Lord has hissy fits with his dad, Drax talks about stabbing things, Angela and Gamora les-out, Special avenger guest-of-the-day occupies space, and Rocket denies his species and last name and shouts hilariously witty catchphrases 24-7.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
All I remember from the Bendis Guardians trade I read is Tony dissing Captain Britain.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

E the Shaggy posted:

I think most of the praise was when it still felt like it was building towards something instead of spinning its wheels.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's not building to anything. Bendis read the DnA stuff and said "I want to do that." And since he's the golden boy and there's a film coming he got to do it. I like the guy and the bulk of his work but he's notorious for this, he did it with the Hood, the Sentry and now he's doing it with the Guardians. I just don't think there'd be a current GotG comic if not for the film.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I thought Guardians had a fun Infinity tie-in.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Rhyno posted:

It's not building to anything. Bendis read the DnA stuff and said "I want to do that." And since he's the golden boy and there's a film coming he got to do it. I like the guy and the bulk of his work but he's notorious for this, he did it with the Hood, the Sentry and now he's doing it with the Guardians. I just don't think there'd be a current GotG comic if not for the film.

But now they've announced that we're going to have at least three Guardians ongoing's come September and a million tie-ins and one shots all following Bendis' lead. :getin:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Waterhaul posted:

But now they've announced that we're going to have at least three Guardians ongoing's come September and a million tie-ins and one shots all following Bendis' lead. :getin:

Uh-huh. I'm sure it will be all very ground-breaking. A Rocket Raccoon ongoing is pretty much the worst idea ever.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

He's just called Rocket, now, apparently. Somebody thinks that's funny or something.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

Uh-huh. I'm sure it will be all very ground-breaking. A Rocket Raccoon ongoing is pretty much the worst idea ever.

Yeah, that Skottie Young guy has no talent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

Yeah, that Skottie Young guy has no talent.

I'm not saying that. But I give next to no fucks about the current BLAM MURDERED YOU bullshit and I expect that's what he has to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Thankfully, they stopped that.

• Locked thread