Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey posted:

As much as I like Octopus Pie, sometimes it's hard for me to read because, Goddamn, I've known these people.

This is probably why it is successful. Most people that age know someone like someone in the comic.

He'll be fiiiiiiiiine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Dating is pretty hard for Alison.

Come to think of it, I bet Rich is an Innate too. So he's probably not considered chromosomally stable anymore.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Pretty sure Allison doesn't swing that way (Paladin's a she).

Dang, I thought that was the case, but couldn't remember and didn't have time to check the archives so I went with an assumption of narrative tropes. SFP pretty firmly rejects those so I should have known better

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

RandomPauI posted:

Yes I already know that Satan Fridge was killed off several years ago by Sam's girlfriend Claire which eventually lead to Sam taking control of the Ninja Mafia.

Wait, Sam & Fuzzy is still running? :psyduck:

I quit after Sam hosed up being king/Fuzzy turning out to be an alien robot clone or some poo poo, are we still on that or what?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Renaissance Robot posted:

Wait, Sam & Fuzzy is still running? :psyduck:

I quit after Sam hosed up being king/Fuzzy turning out to be an alien robot clone or some poo poo, are we still on that or what?

Yep and nope respectively. Right now Sam is a burlesque dancer infiltrating the lair of a pair of grotesquely rich/generally grotesque cat-people, and Fuzzy hasn't been seen in months.

(Also, Fuzzy's not an alien robot clone. He has an alien robot clone. Very different!)

MagnesiumB
Apr 13, 2013
God that comic went to a weird place.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Fried Chicken posted:

SFP: Man, I got a sexual frustration vibe out of the last one, but figured I was reading too much into it. Nope

Definitely not reading too much into it. I mean, do you remember when Allison tried to have a moment with Patrick back at the hotel and got denied?

Girl is repressed, specifically for telepath boy.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
There's also the time when Feral(?) kissed Allison, who then reflexively punched Feral out of the window of the diner/pub/whatever they were in. Allison was very apologetic about it afterwards but I get the feeling that she prefers to have girl friends rather than girlfriends.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
That guy also looks similar to Patrick

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Jackard posted:

That guy also looks similar to Patrick

I was gonna say that but I wasn't sure if I was imagining it.

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey
May 15, 2013

Eldercain posted:

This is probably why it is successful. Most people that age know someone like someone in the comic.

He'll be fiiiiiiiiine

Oh definitely. It's also why I have a hard time watching Girls.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if there's enough interest in a Monster Pulse thread?

I suppose there's only one way to find out :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did it!

I sure hope Abel is okay :ohdear:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I had a visceral reaction to "'Idiot' is English for 'baka', by the way". I find whomp to be between regular and underwhelming taken at face value, but the alt text steps it up a few levels. It's like octupus pie, except for all the cringy high school people I knew/was instead of the post-college years.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Oh no, please don't be cosmic-dead, K6BD's by-the-book universal genderless angel stone cop :ohdear:

e: We didn't even get a scene where they're in a spiritual car and Allison wants to set the galactic mind-radio to bubblegum pop but 82 White Chain will only tune to the religious chants station! this is bullshit :mad:

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 21, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well that was abrupt.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
So then, that brings us up to what, 9 or 10? ~5.99e6 to go.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
drat you, 23 Liminal Blossom Punctures the Heart of the Unrepentant, Deliciously! 82 White Chain Born In Emptiness Returns To Vanquish Evil just got done with the exposition! You can't just show up and stab him from behind, it doesn't matter what Preem Vash's orders are!

Come to think of it, we've got Preem Vash and 23 Liminal Blossom showing up in what is very much Preem Nand's territory to kill one of his guests (albeit one that was deceiving him for some purpose). Somehow, I don't think Preem Nand is going to take this particularly well.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do you know their names?

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
Preem Vash is from here, but I don't remember where the other guy is from. Guess I need to reread.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

23 Liminal Blossom was recently posted on Abaddon's tumblr. Preem Vash is a member of the Golden Pearl pleasure guild, and was the gangster whose operation 82 White Chain was busting at the start of the comic. Presumably this attack is vengeance for what 82 White Chain did earlier.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Hey speaking of K6BD, back a while ago the author asked for suggestions for fighters in the big battle. I'm assuming this was for the flashback battle in the last few pages. Has anyone been able to connect any of the combatants to the suggestions? I tried, but no luck.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Pavlov posted:

Hey speaking of K6BD, back a while ago the author asked for suggestions for fighters in the big battle. I'm assuming this was for the flashback battle in the last few pages. Has anyone been able to connect any of the combatants to the suggestions? I tried, but no luck.

I think that's still upcoming, actually. If there's going to be that many suggestions taken, it's going to amount to more than a single (albeit large) panel. (Also I'm still holding out hope for seeing Ingvsld actually pop up).

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
Oh my god, why have I not been following the tumblr?:

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong princess ~ ~
~ ~ ~ who kidnaps all the princes ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ and lays the kingdom in smoking ruin ~ ~
~ ~ and bends the throne to her immortal will ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Operant, if that's the last we see of Kung-Fu Angel I am going to be super upset.

On an unrelated topic, we never did follow up on what happened with the creator of Goblins. He eventually posted an eight-thousand word blog post that conveyed the following information:

Tarol Hunt, the short version posted:

I usually get anxious when I miss a deadline, and stay away from the Internet. This time that snowballed into full-on panic attacks that happened every time I worked on or even thought about the comic. I spent weeks so mired in guilt and anxiety that I was not able to think coherently, talk to other human beings, or go outside. Eventually I started losing track of reality a little bit. My wife, who is clearly some kind of saint, got me to draw something, which helped relieve the pressure. I'm going to try to feel less guilty about missing deadlines and less anxious about reader criticism from now on.

Regardless of how you feel about the comic, that's a super-lovely place for a guy to be in.

idonotlikepeas fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 22, 2014

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS

Pavlov posted:

This is about to happen in about ~5 pages so hold on to your hats. I'm then going to ask for suggestions again! I originally wanted to kick off this part of the comic about 10 pages earlier, but I realized I needed to move some exposition a little earlier than I originally planned to. Now that we sort of know what is actually going on, I am going to blow my ridiculous action sequence budget.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Operant, if that's the last we see of Kung-Fu Angel I am going to be super upset.

SexyBlindfold posted:

Oh no, please don't be cosmic-dead, K6BD's by-the-book universal genderless angel stone cop :ohdear:

We have a little more learning to do about just what is up with angels in the KSBD universe. For instance, it's best not to confuse an angel with their body :smug:.

(wouldn't count 82 out yet)

If you follow my tumblr you'll probably get all kinds of KSBD character designs thrown at you, so if you don't mind being mildly spoiled on at least the appearance of a few upcoming people in the comic, you can follow it for an even broader appreciation of how weird I am.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Operant posted:

This is about to happen in about ~5 pages so hold on to your hats. I'm then going to ask for suggestions again! I originally wanted to kick off this part of the comic about 10 pages earlier, but I realized I needed to move some exposition a little earlier than I originally planned to. Now that we sort of know what is actually going on, I am going to blow my ridiculous action sequence budget.

We have a little more learning to do about just what is up with angels in the KSBD universe. For instance, it's best not to confuse an angel with their body :smug:.

(wouldn't count 82 out yet)

If you follow my tumblr you'll probably get all kinds of KSBD character designs thrown at you, so if you don't mind being mildly spoiled on at least the appearance of a few upcoming people in the comic, you can follow it for an even broader appreciation of how weird I am.

You're awesome and your art is amazing and your story telling is equally amazing.

Your comic is mediocre-to-blah is what I'm saying here. (Lies lies lies it is also amazing)

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Operant, your angel names are amazing.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

What am I even looking at

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Something beautiful.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Captain Oblivious posted:

What am I even looking at

A complete and utter lie because no one gets excited for women's matches

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

It's superior in every way to the original.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

:golfclap:

You can find the original on the Zen Pencils site if for some reason this version is not everything you ever needed and wanted in your life.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

You should really make your own comic based around quotes terrible people we idolize say.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

You should really make your own comic based around quotes terrible people we idolize say.

I'd actually like Zen Pencil if it was this.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you're taking requests I'd like to see what you'd juxtapose with a passage from Mein Kampf, Atlas Shrugged, or Battlefield Earth.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Zerilan posted:

I'd actually like Zen Pencil if it was this.

It kind of is unironically at points, like when it's doing Ayn Rand quotes.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Morbi has pulled the plug on the comments for Poppy as they have been predictably terrible. This is a good thing.

Also this week's update was good, as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
That's not how you keep a secret, Poppy!

• Locked thread