Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I, Dr. Red Ranger, oath these 5 Chaos Cultists(GW, 28mm) for the month of May

The Oath looks fine, but for consistency's sake, could you take a photo with the time set to American Samoa? It's okay if you've already started painting them for that pic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

I, Laika the Space Dog, do hereby oath these three fine, stout Ogryns/Obliterators/Mutilators (28mm, Games Workshop with some Maxmini guns and Dragonforge power cables.)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Signal posted:

To clarify, I'm mostly just wondering if there are any prize drawings that are dependent on the actual model oathed that month. ;)

EDIT: Fuckit, Oathing one Dystopian Wars French Battleship from Spartan Games in 1:1200 scale
Accepted!

Also Corvus Belli/Infinity are the only ones with a prize for their brand/model line - other brands are either too small to expect someone to paint a model from them every month, or nonresponsive to communications.

Red Shoe posted:

:siren:Additional oath: Lord Carver, 2 Gun Boars, a Razorback Crew, and 6 Farrow Brigands:siren:
These are Privateer Press
Accepted!

Illudere posted:

I, Illudere, oath Skabrus from the Dreadfleet boxed set from Games Workshop.
Accepted!

ijyt posted:

Sweet, thanks. I tried looking it up on the wiki but the "click here" to learn more about oath additions bit didn't have anywhere to click. :shobon:
Work in progress! It's all a work in progress :)

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

I, Laika the Space Dog, do hereby oath these three fine, stout Ogryns/Obliterators/Mutilators (28mm, Games Workshop with some Maxmini guns and Dragonforge power cables.)
Accepted!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I, Dr. Red Ranger, oath these 5 Chaos Cultists(GW, 28mm) for the month of May
As Iris of Ether already pointed out, the time zone in your time stamp needs to be American Samoa - can you re-take the picture with whatever progress you've made so far?

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Ah dang, I knew I'd miss something. Sure, I can retake the photo later today when I get back from work.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

My lack of taking part in the oath thread last time meant that when the 5 marines I ordered from FW turned up, I got so excited about painting them that I made, sprayed, aibrushed, washed and started the metallics before realising I'd forgotten to take a drat picture of them :downs:. Oh well, looks like I might be missing this month after all (or ordering a Praetor...)

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Ok, hopefully everything is correct this time. I officially RE-OATH these five Games Workshop Chaos Cultists, 28mm.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
To kick off the new season I oath these 5 GW 40k Gretchin

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Just to make sure: the deadline for completing oaths is the 21st, or just to submit them? Thanks in advance! :shobon:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

bhsman posted:

Just to make sure: the deadline for completing oaths is the 21st, or just to submit them? Thanks in advance! :shobon:
It's for submitting.

BTW, what additional points are tracked every month for normal minis (i.e. not achievements nor judgements)? Do we still get extra points for themed groups?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Ok, hopefully everything is correct this time. I officially RE-OATH these five Games Workshop Chaos Cultists, 28mm.
You're all good! Accepted!

Deanut Pancer posted:

To kick off the new season I oath these 5 GW 40k Gretchin
Accepted!

Pierzak posted:

BTW, what additional points are tracked every month for normal minis (i.e. not achievements nor judgements)? Do we still get extra points for themed groups?

There's no additional points for doing a themed group, but you get entered into a quarterly themed group contest that is run separately by Ineptmule:

quote:

All you have to do is make an oath that includes a group of models painted and/or converted to follow any theme. They can be an army unit, sports team, a group of same-race monsters, the crew of a ship, etc. For each group you complete, you’ll get an entry into a bi-monthly (once every two months) prize draw, with the lucky winner getting £25 / US$38.50 / €29.50 / AU$36.50 / CA$39.00 worth of models!

If you win, you are ineligible for the following prize draw, but you’ll be entered for future prize draws.

Minimum qualifying number for different scales:
<15mm - 10 models
15-25mm - 8 models
28mm - 5 models
large, 28mm and upwards - 3 models

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: SPONSOR UPDATE! :siren:

Wayland Games is on board with us again! The UK-based online retailer will again provide a £75 voucher (that's, like a million dollars*) to the Grand Prize pool!

I know not everyone has Wayland at the top of their retailer list, but they are a valued supporter for the Oath Thread for the second year running.

*not really

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I need to actually take a photo of my additional oath then. And then start painting because my ordered and long awaited airbrush part wasn't right and my original plan is scrapped.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Clarification needed on the themed groups: I can do any number of them and it doesn't matter if I do them all in one month, as long as they maintain the minimum size limit and are done within the 3 months? Also, are Infinity Yu Jing remotes (pic #1 pic #2, they're on 40mm bases for size comparison) human size or larger size for themed group purposes? I have to do some this month anyway and I'm wondering if I should oath them as themed.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Should be the same as last time around, the only change is that instead of picking the best every 2 months, Ineptmule will be picking them every 3 months to coincide with the Quarterly prize rounds.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: SPONSOR UPDATE! :siren:

The Troll Trader is ALSO on board with us again! The UK-based online retailer and prolific eBayer will again be providing a variety of prizes - once I get them I'll divvy them up the best I can (I have no idea what I might be getting!). I'm a big fan of Troll Trader and have gotten many of my used models through their eBay store.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Nice! The Troll Trader has been the source of a lot of my old Marines.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

Should be the same as last time around, the only change is that instead of picking the best every 2 months, Ineptmule will be picking them every 3 months to coincide with the Quarterly prize rounds.

Last time, Ineptmule's themed prize was a random draw; goons got one entry into the draw for each month they completed a themed group.

You might be confusing this with the previous thread's Manifest's Best Conversion contest, in which Manifest picks his favorite conversion from among all conversions done for the thread during each quarter.

Neither of these side-contests involved points.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

I am fully aware that this oath is a bit lame but I'm already working on 30k Salamanders that I can't oath :(. With that in mind I figure I'll probably try and speed paint this little blighter, so without further ado,

I, Fuegan, oath this solitary Hormagaunt from the Games Workshop model range.

I'll make a better one next month, honest!

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

The Troll Trader is a good shop; I have got supplies, models and such from them without any hassle.

Wayland used to be my go to place for large orders but I haven't used them in over a year. Didn't have a problem with them either.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15, have another addition to my oath:

3 Savage Orc Boar Riders

These guys are a test for both savage orcs and boars. This has been a remarkably productive month.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Congrats on the sponsors, that's really impressive! Seconding the recommendations for the Troll Trader: I've bought from them in the past and they've been great. Now they're oath sponsors and I need things to oath, it's a great excuse to get more stuff from them soon.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I, Korwen, oath for the month of May this unit of Shifting Stones from Privateer Press

Time to get painting.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
:siren:OATH COMPLETE!:siren:

First my WIP pictures for the Jurnal:

I laid out the shoulder pads first because I thought I might do the gold areas with drybrushing. This worked in the past on the very fine detail of Kaya and Morvahna but proved not so ideal on these larger details and curved surfaces. I ended up lining the gold on manually. If I had to do it over again I'd probably do the gold later.

Here most of the areas have had flat color laid down and some preliminary highlights. Ready for washing.

Basing material has also been painted and most of the washes have been applied. The second round of highlighting, as well as other touchup work, remains.

The completed oath!

I went for Box Art on this one; here is the reference pic

Doing the jurnal and a one-time bonus gets me Double The Fun

And, of course, almost by default these are a Themed Group

See you next month :tipshat:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Seconding (thirding or fourthing?) everything said about troll trader, they're good guys. Had trouble with two recent orders turning up and they did everything they could to get it sorted, I'll definitely be using them throughout the year for oath models :)

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Gonna post my actual :siren:additional oath:siren: of three Mantic Elohi. The other three are to show they're in addition to my original.

I should get started, huh? Especially with fractured legs and not much else to do. :v:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

Last time, Ineptmule's themed prize was a random draw; goons got one entry into the draw for each month they completed a themed group.

You might be confusing this with the previous thread's Manifest's Best Conversion contest, in which Manifest picks his favorite conversion from among all conversions done for the thread during each quarter.

Neither of these side-contests involved points.

Right, OK - both of these are still going, except the Theme Prize is quarterly, not bi-monthly now!

Fuegan posted:

I am fully aware that this oath is a bit lame but I'm already working on 30k Salamanders that I can't oath :(. With that in mind I figure I'll probably try and speed paint this little blighter, so without further ado,

I, Fuegan, oath this solitary Hormagaunt from the Games Workshop model range.

I'll make a better one next month, honest!
No worries, I need to oath something soon, too! Accepted!

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15, have another addition to my oath:

3 Savage Orc Boar Riders
Accepted!

Korwen posted:

I, Korwen, oath for the month of May this unit of Shifting Stones from Privateer Press
Accepted!

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Gonna post my actual :siren:additional oath:siren: of three Mantic Elohi. The other three are to show they're in addition to my original.
Accepted!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Hope this qualifies since this is my first oath evah.

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Cygnar Charger warjack from Privateer Press.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Pyrolocutus posted:

Er, not sure if the date is readable so here's a link to a bigger image.

http://imgur.com/WMOsUB6

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I, Thundercloud, am going to try not to crash and burn again this year.

In honour of the release of 7th edition 40k, I will be painting 4 bases of Destroyers, 6 bases of Scourge infantry, 3 Marauder Dropships, 9 Hunter Grav Tanks and 3 Reaper AA tanks in 10mm scale from Dropzone Commander by Hawk Wargames.

Alternate universe oath:

This year I will paint over 1000 points of -

Scourge for Dropzone Commander
UCM for Dropzone Commander
At least four forces for Deadzone and a pile of terrain
Over 1000 points of Heresy era Deathguard
A couple of thousand points of something 40k.
The Mars Attacks Boxed game
At least two Dreadball teams.

Thundercloud fucked around with this message at 11:33 on May 22, 2014

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Having a lovely month so I don't really feel like painting, but I know I'd regret not participating again. Therefore,

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath this Reaper Bones ghost and Reaper Bones angry doggie

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pyrolocutus posted:

Yay, another new oather! Thanks very much for the link to the larger image! :) It was just readabale so you would have been OK but thanks all the same. (You could have also just edited your post)
Accepted!

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, am going to try not to crash and burn again this year.

In honour of the release of 7th edition 40k, I will be painting 4 bases of Destroyers, 6 bases of Scourge infantry, 3 Marauder Dropships, 9 Hunter Grav Tanks and 3 Reaper AA tanks in 10mm scale from Dropzone Commander by Hawk Wargames.

Alternate universe oath:

This year I will paint over 1000 points of -

Scourge for Dropzone Commander
UCM for Dropzone Commander
At least four forces for Deadzone and a pile of terrain
Over 1000 points of Heresy era Deathguard
A couple of thousand points of something 40k.
The Mars Attacks Boxed game
At least two Dreadball teams.
Hmmm this is an interesting oath! We're not actually doing the Alternate Universe oath thing this time but this is interesting all the same. I wonder how we can remember this in a year's time...? Iris of Ether, perhaps a column or page in the spreadsheet where participants can make 'off the wall' type oaths like this? This being the first one of the sort I have trouble imagining what we might possibly get but this could be an interesting thing for the thread...

But anyway... Accepted!

Schmetterling posted:

Having a lovely month so I don't really feel like painting, but I know I'd regret not participating again. Therefore,

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath this Reaper Bones ghost and Reaper Bones angry doggie
Yay, another returnee! Accepted!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Iris of Ether, my points aren't showing in the spreadsheet even though there's a link to my completed oath :(

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

krushgroove posted:

Hmmm this is an interesting oath! We're not actually doing the Alternate Universe oath thing this time but this is interesting all the same. I wonder how we can remember this in a year's time...? Iris of Ether, perhaps a column or page in the spreadsheet where participants can make 'off the wall' type oaths like this? This being the first one of the sort I have trouble imagining what we might possibly get but this could be an interesting thing for the thread...

Sure, I'll think about how we can best implement it, then probably go do it on the weekend. On that note...

Icon Of Sin posted:

Iris of Ether, my points aren't showing in the spreadsheet even though there's a link to my completed oath :(

You're correct. I won't be able to fix it up until later today, though, as Google Drive doesn't seem to want to play nice with the Intranet at my new office. :ohdear:

On that note, I'm near guaranteed to miss a lot of the Season 5ivers, especially for folks who didn't do any other Achievements. I'll try to remember to do cleanup at end of month. :)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

To offer some unsolicited advice, this is exactly how rules get bloated. Make a spreadsheet footnote if you'd like, but until it involves points or prizes there's no need to codify fun.

Edit: or just leave it to Thundercloud to remember, he probably will!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Where's the link to the S5 spreadsheet? I don't see it anywhere in the OP.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
My bad, I've forgotten to add it in - for now look up Iris of Ether's past posts by clicking the '?' in any of her posts.

moths posted:

To offer some unsolicited advice, this is exactly how rules get bloated. Make a spreadsheet footnote if you'd like, but until it involves points or prizes there's no need to codify fun.

Edit: or just leave it to Thundercloud to remember, he probably will!

I hear ya, I just got it in my head that that it might be a fun way to get more prizes out to people (not points). It might not work but if it can be worked out somehow it'd be good to keep track. Besides the rules are much more simplified than they were last time around so there may be something we can do with it.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Icon Of Sin posted:

Okay, I fixed it for you. I think what happened is I gave you your Achievement points, but I didn't go back and fill in your standard Oath points after I did that. :downs:

JerryLee posted:

Where's the link to the S5 spreadsheet? I don't see it anywhere in the OP.

It's here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhbAQSD-C_25dFcwTGtXeWJpNG9Ob18yclJKYUhQMkE&usp=drive_web&pli=1#gid=1

FYI, the Grand Total sheets and the Quarterly Prize sheets aren't properly hooked up right now, but the May sheet should be working fine.

krushgroove posted:

My bad, I've forgotten to add it in - for now look up Iris of Ether's past posts by clicking the '?' in any of her posts.

I hear ya, I just got it in my head that that it might be a fun way to get more prizes out to people (not points). It might not work but if it can be worked out somehow it'd be good to keep track. Besides the rules are much more simplified than they were last time around so there may be something we can do with it.

Yeah, I'm not going to hook it up to points or anything, but maybe I can keep a notes sheet for just in case people want to throw bonus prizes at people doing particularly wacky things. :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Not really important, but all of the sheet names still say 2013

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

NTRabbit posted:

Not really important, but all of the sheet names still say 2013

Whoops, it's fixed now. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

I, koreban, oath one Veteran Space Marine from Games Workshop (28mm).

First oath, so off we go.

• Locked thread