Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Bullshit. I invented Matt Clonepenter, I should get him. You are all late to the this gravy train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Dunn in the outfield is going to be one hell of an adventure.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Don't forget to draft Old Man Inbanez in left zodiac

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
The Chosen Dunn can brook no interlopers in his 'old-man-terrible-defense-mash-taters' game. Unless I could draft 2014 Manny Ramirez, in which case my plan to completely eliminate outfield defense would be complete.

edit: I am fairly sure it is not possible to draft ManRam. If it is, I guess I will edit his name out to be Nick Punto or something.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Trade with whoever already drafted Matt Holliday. Dickshots and Dunn.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zodiac5000 posted:

The Chosen Dunn can brook no interlopers in his 'old-man-terrible-defense-mash-taters' game. Unless I could draft 2014 Manny Ramirez, in which case my plan to completely eliminate outfield defense would be complete.

edit: I am fairly sure it is not possible to draft ManRam. If it is, I guess I will edit his name out to be Nick Punto or something.

I think Manny still technically has to serve his suspension if he wants to play, right?

Speaking of which, I'm not going to edit any current suspensions, so don't draft those guys (unless you don't care about them missing however much time they're going to miss). If the game tries to auto one of them to someone I'll just edit their ratings to be terrible so it won't bring them up.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

I think Manny still technically has to serve his suspension if he wants to play, right?

He already served it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Laderhan posted:

He already served it.

Ok, well I can check to see if he's draftable when I get home then.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

HAL9100 hasn't posted since Friday, hopefully that doesn't mean he's MIA! He's got about two hours left, though.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Ok, well I can check to see if he's draftable when I get home then.

He's retired in the game but I don't think he's actually officially retired in real life.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

IcePhoenix posted:

HAL9100 hasn't posted since Friday, hopefully that doesn't mean he's MIA! He's got about two hours left, though.

Will he be replaced? That'd be 2 auto-picks in the first 4 rounds, for gently caress's sake.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Infidel Castro posted:

Will he be replaced? That'd be 2 auto-picks in the first 4 rounds, for gently caress's sake.

I've been strict on following the rules I set, so no, he has to miss two consecutive picks.

Granted, if he gets skipped and Pander picks quickly then it'll happen basically instantly.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I appreciate you following the rules.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

IcePhoenix posted:

I've been strict on following the rules I set, so no, he has to miss two consecutive picks.

Granted, if he gets skipped and Pander picks quickly then it'll happen basically instantly.

When's his turn over?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Actually, because you can technically define skipped as "having someone after you making their pick" it would have to be after washington picks.

So Zodiac stay around because if Pander picks while HAL is skipped from the previous round, it'll be your pick that skips him.

Pander posted:

When's his turn over?

Zodiac picked at 11:03 EST, so he will be out of time at 3:03 EST (a little more than one hour from now).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Pander, you're up.

:siren: Reminder that the pick clock is now three hours! :siren:

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Nobody has taken me up on my offer for consultation. I'm bored at work and just want to help!

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
After changing my name and deets, and I'm sure being skipped and reassigned, I'd just like to make the official announcement:

This is super fun but my computer broke and my phone was right behind it so I currently have no way to post outside of the little windows I get during the work day.

I hope that whomever the Pirates have been contracted to does them right, and sorry for throwing a wrench in the gears!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dr. Tommy John posted:

After changing my name and deets, and I'm sure being skipped and reassigned, I'd just like to make the official announcement:

This is super fun but my computer broke and my phone was right behind it so I currently have no way to post outside of the little windows I get during the work day.

I hope that whomever the Pirates have been contracted to does them right, and sorry for throwing a wrench in the gears!

Did you change it this morning? Because I swear when I looked earlier to see your last post you were still HAL9100.

Anyway, mentholmoose has 24 hours to claim the Pirates.

Zodiac if you could give him an hour to make picks if Pander makes his before moose has a chance to I would appreciate it.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Should I hold on for my picks? I pretty much know who I'm picking.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pander posted:

Should I hold on for my picks? I pretty much know who I'm picking.

Nah, go ahead

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I'm leaving for a doctors appointment in like 10 minutes, so I wont' be able to pick until like 530 when I get home. I'll be cutting it close.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Zodiac5000 posted:

I'm leaving for a doctors appointment in like 10 minutes, so I wont' be able to pick until like 530 when I get home. I'll be cutting it close.

PM your pick to me or something; I won't be up for another 25 or so slots so it's highly unlikely I'd be poaching your dude.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

So I'm picking Alex Gordon and Hunter Pence to shore up my COF. Why is hunter turning green? he's also doing it in my team page.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

So how awful were my picks? I spent a lot of time picking between several puntos before settling on this mix of offense (both are good hitters) and defense (Gordon good, Pence bad).

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Eh, I think they're okay. Might be a little early for either of them, simply because corner outfield isn't a terribly scarce postion, and I dunno if either of these guys are really elite enough to be worth taking over some other puntos on the board. Part of that is me not being much of a fan of Alex Gordon though.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Pander posted:

So how awful were my picks? I spent a lot of time picking between several puntos before settling on this mix of offense (both are good hitters) and defense (Gordon good, Pence bad).

It's not so much the picks you've made, but rather the ones you have not made. I know you're in Colorado and pitching there is gonna be a crapshoot, but pitching is going to get pretty thin pretty fast.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I like Alex Gordon a lot.

I did not think he would go this early.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
I guess that was a little unclear, yes. The name change and 4th/5th pick were meant to be this weekend after I had this avatar commissioned, and then the technological apocalypse befell my household.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I'm trying to be a good-hitting-while-solid-defense-and-zero-pitching Rockies team. Like Rockies teams SHOULD be.

I wouldn't draft pitching if I literally didn't have to.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Projection systems love the gently caress out of Gordon for his defense. I think he's actually the "most valuable" LF in BP 2014. I kinda wish I knew where my copy was now.

I don't know if anyone who's seen a Pence AB can call him a "good hitter," but he is quite productive on offense!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

The Merry Marauder posted:

Projection systems love the gently caress out of Gordon for his defense. I think he's actually the "most valuable" LF in BP 2014. I kinda wish I knew where my copy was now.

I don't know if anyone who's seen a Pence AB can call him a "good hitter," but he is quite productive on offense!

Yeah, I just felt like RF was kinda weak.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

The Merry Marauder posted:

Yeah, he's one of the most valuable left fielders over the last several seasons. He's a good pick.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I just saw Pence getting 25 HR a season or so and thought "he's still near his prime, let's see how he likes Colorado."

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
The joke is that Pence has an extremely silly stance/swing. I'm sure he'll do fine for you.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hunter Pence was a terrible pick because you didn't post batflip.gif to go with it

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Hunter Pence was a terrible pick because you didn't post batflip.gif to go with it

Can I edit it real quick?

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Gordon and Cespedes were my LF targets for round 6 gently caress everything

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Alright I made my round 4 pick for the Pirates. I know who I'm going to take in round 5, but before I do, you're both turning off injuries and healing all previous injuries, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
cot for choice

• Locked thread