Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Where's my Blue Sentinel summon gif

YOU ARE BEING SUMMONED TO AID AN APOSTLE IN DISTRESS

JUSTIIIIIICE :byodood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My own rat killed me. He held me in place so the invader could finish me off. Thanks rats.

Also I threw ten corrosive urns at a guy and nothing happened, so that was a waste of 7000 souls.

e: I didn't know you can't roll through sunlight spears like you can lightning ones. That's a bit poo poo.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 20, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The mages in Tseldora are waaaaay better than the ones in Amana in that you don't actually have to deal with any of them. Just use the first cable and go through the door to the left and you're past all of them. The bonfires are all really stupid though.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
I thought after the first thirty or so invasions I would get tired of defending the bell. But I just want to defend it more. I thought ganging up on poor lost souls and doing terrible things to them would feel mean, but never letting them near the bell is the best thing ever.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Kaldaris posted:

Or you can just beat the Belfry Gargoyles for the Key. :unsmigghh:

I did Belfry Luna offline. Not ashamed.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

DSauer posted:

I thought after the first thirty or so invasions I would get tired of defending the bell. But I just want to defend it more. I thought ganging up on poor lost souls and doing terrible things to them would feel mean, but never letting them near the bell is the best thing ever.

Look, the first thing they're told when they enter the bellfry is to gently caress off. If they weren't looking to die, they wouldn't have come here. They brought this on themselves.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh boy, hackers now. I just want five more rat tails so I can (not) get some twinkling titanite from these drat crows.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kaldaris posted:

Or you can just beat the Belfry Gargoyles for the Key. :unsmigghh:

I always forget there's a locked door to the blacksmith, because its pretty obvious that you can open it with the barrel even if you screw it up once or twice.

I should kill sentinels first on my next run, just to see the "proper" order.

Strikes me as like laddersmith gilligant helping you down the pit in that its the "intended" path, but because it takes so long, most people take the "shortcut" instead. (Cat's ring / slowfall)

Flytrap posted:

Look, the first thing they're told when they enter the bellfry is to gently caress off. If they weren't looking to die, they wouldn't have come here. They brought this on themselves.

I kinda wish beating the gargs didn't help with Lost Sinner so the bellfry would be more optional.

I don't mind endless invasions in Belfry Sol because I only go there if I want ultraviolence :black101: but sometimes you just wanna fight Gargs and the drat bellbros won't let you :smith:

Trying to fight Gargs co-op with a friend is annoying as hell.

Luckily there's no shortage of other bosses to co-op.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh boy, hackers now. I just want five more rat tails so I can (not) get some twinkling titanite from these drat crows.

Can't you just use the Small White Sign Soapstone? (Since its reward is Smooth and Silky Stones)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Volt Catfish posted:

Can't you just use the Small White Sign Soapstone? (Since its reward is Smooth and Silky Stones)

I can, but I also want to hit rank 2 for the 10 extra ones since I'm almost there. Except no one's showing up except sunlight spear guys and hackers. :argh:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sunlight Spear is ridiculously easy to dodge, just roll to the side 3-5 times until the guy runs out.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Sunlight Spear, great for PVE.

PVP?

Yeah not really.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Shindragon posted:

Sunlight Spear, great for PVE.

PVP?

Yeah not really.

Save it to punish estus flask use.

Zaphod42 posted:

Strikes me as like laddersmith gilligant helping you down the pit in that its the "intended" path, but because it takes so long, most people take the "shortcut" instead. (Cat's ring / slowfall)

My last run where I farmed the lion warriors for the axe I used the lion set to cushion my fall :smug:

Iretep fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 20, 2014

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Manatee Cannon posted:

Sunlight Spear is ridiculously easy to dodge, just roll to the side 3-5 times until the guy runs out.

Not in tight tunnels its not (when it lags to hell too).

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Not in tight tunnels its not (when it lags to hell too).

Switch to the Doors of Pharros or don't sit in a narrow hallway then. There was some spell people were using to cheese the Grave of Saints summons, too but I forget what it was.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Manatee Cannon posted:

Switch to the Doors of Pharros or don't sit in a narrow hallway then. There was some spell people were using to cheese the Grave of Saints summons, too but I forget what it was.

That makes it even worse because you're in water! I learned that against the lightning spears. Though I don't usually have a problem dodging those. Sunlight spear just seems like a crapshoot to me.

e: I'd be less annoyed by both this and the hackers if guys showed up more than every twenty to thirty minutes. Still better than the belltowers past SM 800k though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sunlight Spear is literally the same but stronger.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Manatee Cannon posted:

Sunlight Spear is literally the same but stronger.

I guess they're just lagging then, though, thinking about it lag or no I can usually dodge spells that aren't emit force. I don't like that much better.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

RBA Starblade posted:

That makes it even worse because you're in water! I learned that against the lightning spears. Though I don't usually have a problem dodging those. Sunlight spear just seems like a crapshoot to me.

e: I'd be less annoyed by both this and the hackers if guys showed up more than every twenty to thirty minutes. Still better than the belltowers past SM 800k though.

After you trigger an invasion, quit to the menu and load up your character again. I find this resets the internal summon cooldown window.

At least it works for me when I'm wanting to be summoned into a Rat Bro's world, I imagine it works the other way around too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Crusher posted:

After you trigger an invasion, quit to the menu and load up your character again. I find this resets the internal summon cooldown window.

At least it works for me when I'm wanting to be summoned into a Rat Bro's world, I imagine it works the other way around too.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I usually just sit at a bonfire, come back, and toggle the ring anyway.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

I don't mind endless invasions in Belfry Sol because I only go there if I want ultraviolence :black101: but sometimes you just wanna fight Gargs and the drat bellbros won't let you :smith:

Unless you suck, this scenario doesn't really exist. After your first invasion(s) the invasion timer is more than enough to get to ring the bell, and once you do that sprinting to the door is trivial before you even get invaded.

If you're trying to co-op though... :getin:

You asked for it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Crusher posted:

If you get invaded/challenge someone quit buttons and bonfires are disabled. Alt+F4 or disconnecting your net is the only way out, which can legit gently caress up saves.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bobnumerotres posted:

If you get invaded/challenge someone quit buttons and bonfires are disabled. Alt+F4 or disconnecting your net is the only way out, which can legit gently caress up saves.

I think he means after the fight's over.

e: I wish my character would stop putting on blackface every other time I sit at a bonfire.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Yeah that's what I mean. Tried it just now and was summoned as a grey spirit 3 times in about 10 minutes.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Is DEX really as gimped as people say? Any pointers of weapons/builds I should aim for? I think this will be my next character.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

VisAbsoluta posted:

Is DEX really as gimped as people say? Any pointers of weapons/builds I should aim for? I think this will be my next character.

ka-ta-na

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

VisAbsoluta posted:

Dual falchion blender.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Bluebro sparring ignores SM and SL so it's completely unbalanced. The only wins I'm getting is when I get the stage with the bottomless pits and I just lure them into one

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

VisAbsoluta posted:

From what I can tell, DEX is only useful if you intend to max out your poison damage. There's so many ways to poison people, though, and infusing weapons does more damage than the DEX scaling ever will. They should have made DEX figure into your agility. As it stands, all you really need in DEX is enough to meet whatever stat requirement your weapon needs, it seems like anything past that is a waste.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Go rapiers, poke people to death. About the only thing that made my dex run fun. Ascetic for Flame Weapon and turn the rapier into an automatic shishkebab.

Blacksteel katana was OK too I guess.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

killstealing posted:

Bluebro sparring ignores SM and SL so it's completely unbalanced. The only wins I'm getting is when I get the stage with the bottomless pits and I just lure them into one

Dickwraith sparring works the same way, as it turns out.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The crows didn't give me a single drat piece of twinkling titanite. I need another 11 for the BKGS, and 15 for avelyn. And 15 more if I want to use santier's spear at all. I have a lot of bleed stones now though! :downs:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 20, 2014

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

From what I can tell, DEX is only useful if you intend to max out your poison damage. There's so many ways to poison people, though, and infusing weapons does more damage than the DEX scaling ever will. They should have made DEX figure into your agility. As it stands, all you really need in DEX is enough to meet whatever stat requirement your weapon needs, it seems like anything past that is a waste.

Is poison effective in PvE too, though? Or is it only useful in PvP?

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I really, really hate the gargoyle fight and I don't know why. It feels like I'm playing Dynasty Warriors where both gargs are just staring at me but the moment I go to attack one the other gets inspired and makes a bee-line for me. Also the whole "call-back fan-service" aspect of them irks me but that's all on me really, not the game.

I have more fun fighting the grey phantoms in the belltower than I do this boss. Fighting Shrek, Goku and dapper cestus gentlemen are at least entertaining.

RBA Starblade posted:

The crows didn't give me a single drat piece of twinkling titanite. I have a lot of bleed stones now though! :downs:

Shrine of Anama drops TT like mad. Walked out of there pretty much set for the rest of the game.

Actually now that I think about it every upgrade material has some sort of break-point where once you reach a certain part you start drowning in it.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
It's nice being backstabbed from the front in a tight corridor with no possible way for the enemy to run around you.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

It's nice being backstabbed from the front in a tight corridor with no possible way for the enemy to run around you.

And people thought this game would be different than Dark Souls 1!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Red Mundus posted:

Shrine of Anama drops TT like mad. Walked out of there pretty much set for the rest of the game.

Actually now that I think about it every upgrade material has some sort of break-point where once you reach a certain part you start drowning in it.

Guess I'll be wading around in there for an hour or two later then. I need like 40 to fully upgrade the avelyn (once I get it), the santier's spear (at 0) and the BKGS (at 2). It'd be nice if Chloanne just sold infinite of them.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

RBA Starblade posted:

fully upgrade the avelyn

Avelyn uses regular titanite.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

VisAbsoluta posted:

Mirrah Greatsword. If you don't give a poo poo about Lucatiel, you can murderize her to buy it from the hag. (Which may be something I did.)

A Scaling on dex, decent moveset, both with 2hand and 1hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Avelyn uses regular titanite.

Oh great, that's a lot less tight then.