Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've seen Sankersizzle and scott playing PS3 BF4. I haven't played since the beta and I think Chalupa Joe is on PC now, but everyone else must be on PS4 by now.

I am, and I hate it: Knifing is broken as gently caress, I keep getting shot through walls and the only maps everyone ever plays are Locker or Metro... I also got kicked from a flood zone server last night for using the airburst on the admins, who were sniping from a rooftop :negative:

Whenever :dice: FIX THE drat GAME release a Premium version with all the dlc (or christmas comes, or whatever) I'll move to PS4.

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

yellowcar posted:

I think I'm literally the only one left on the PS3krew.

hey bro i play like once or twice a month ok

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Chalupa Joe posted:

I am, and I hate it: Knifing is broken as gently caress, I keep getting shot through walls and the only maps everyone ever plays are Locker or Metro... I also got kicked from a flood zone server last night for using the airburst on the admins, who were sniping from a rooftop :negative:

Whenever :dice: FIX THE drat GAME release a Premium version with all the dlc (or christmas comes, or whatever) I'll move to PS4.

Why are you under the impression console BF4 is any different?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I had to laugh when I read that because that sounds perfectly par for the course on consoles.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
For maximum realism BF5 is going to require boring as gently caress classes on cold weather injuries and the history of JAG / the Hague Conventions before you can start playing, and god help you if you're not up to date on your anthrax boosters...

I'll have some screenshots up in about a week

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

Why are you under the impression console BF4 is any different?

I'm not, it's :dice: all the way down. But console has the "buddies talking about random poo poo" feature built in, which apparently is also in the PC version, except no one uses it in favour of farting about with Teamspeak/Mumble like it's nineteen loving ninety seven still... At the moment I'm mostly just playing the commander app anyway.

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 21, 2014

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah but Xbros have to deal with all of the horrible people that configured their Kinects improperly so that you have to listen to 7 years olds fighting over a dead rat while babies wail in the background Then you hear the guy sleeping on the couch farting in a cavern. Oh, and you get to listen to all of the sounds you previously heard a second earlier again. Well, at least on 360. Did they make the Kinect any better for the Bone?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Yeah but Xbros have to deal with all of the horrible people that configured their Kinects improperly so that you have to listen to 7 years olds fighting over a dead rat while babies wail in the background Then you hear the guy sleeping on the couch farting in a cavern. Oh, and you get to listen to all of the sounds you previously heard a second earlier again. Well, at least on 360. Did they make the Kinect any better for the Bone?

Yes, They enabled chat via Kinect by default, so now everyone is broadcasting their domestic arguments!

(the trick is always be in your own party.)

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Guys, I'm not sure this gaming in the 21st century thing is all it's cracked up to be...

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Chalupa Joe posted:

I'm not, it's :dice: all the way down. But console has the "buddies talking about random poo poo" feature built in, which apparently is also in the PC version, except no one uses it in favour of farting about with Teamspeak/Mumble like it's nineteen loving ninety seven still... At the moment I'm mostly just playing the commander app anyway.

Are you for real complaining about having to double click a thing to talk to people? I get some of the complaints about PC stuff, and I won't pretend some things aren't annoying, but mumble is painless after you spend ten seconds setting it up and the conversation is more or less the exact same stuff as I experienced on Xbox.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

whaley posted:

So what PS3 Krew is on PS4? Nobbin Hood just got me a PS4 today and a copy of the shoot man's simulator and want to know who to kill/kill with now.

I'm on PS4 too, and I haven't even started using the Spas very much either. :radcat:

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

Are you for real complaining about having to double click a thing to talk to people? I get some of the complaints about PC stuff, and I won't pretend some things aren't annoying, but mumble is painless after you spend ten seconds setting it up and the conversation is more or less the exact same stuff as I experienced on Xbox.

No, I'm just using hyperbole because this game annoys me, yet I am unable to stop playing it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Errrrrrrr'body just needs to push out the jive, and bring in the love.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Scob posted:

hey bro i play like once or twice a month ok

i'm at that point myself.

job hunting sucks! :smith:

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

Look at this guy who isn't in party chat 100% of the time on Xbox Live.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

yellowcar posted:

i'm at that point myself.

job hunting sucks! :smith:

open a maple syrup farm bro

Chemmy posted:

Look at this guy who isn't in party chat 100% of the time on Xbox Live.

look at this guy who bought an xbone

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Paid $399 for it and got it at launch. Titanfall rules.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

Real talk, mumble kinda sucks. It's not hard to use or anything though, I'll grant you that.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Pudgygiant posted:

For maximum realism BF5 is going to require boring as gently caress classes on cold weather injuries and the history of JAG / the Hague Conventions before you can start playing, and god help you if you're not up to date on your anthrax boosters...

I'll have some screenshots up in about a week

24/7 Metro/Locker Max Tickets - Geneva & Hague Conventions or kickban tia.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
So I had a weird and new error yesterday. I was revived in game, came back to life with no HUB, was invincible and only died after I killed myself.

This game is horrible sometimes.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

sbaldrick posted:

So I had a weird and new error yesterday. I was revived in game, came back to life with no HUB, was invincible and only died after I killed myself.

This game is horrible sometimes.

I actually love it when that glitch happens. I just charge at the enemy and confuse their ranks. I couldn't kill anyone and they couldn't kill me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

*7 new notifications*

Battlefield 4-online save data (cannot upload)

When are they going to fix this garbage?

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

NESguerilla posted:

*7 new notifications*

I get that for every game or streaming app I use each day, so for once it's :sony:, not :dice:.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

I've finally started playing support and I unlocked the mortar. Decided to test it outside on Locker and was lobbing rounds an entire round getting tons of hit markers but no kills other than "assist counts as kill" s. At the end of the round though, I check the score board and I have 20 kills. Anybody have this
happen too?

Also my LMG bipod never ever deploys when I lie down.

ARACHTION fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 21, 2014

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Apparently they buffed nuclear eject

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lgCc4fryRg

I want to try suicide bombing now.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

NESguerilla posted:

*7 new notifications*

I've never gotten it that bad. For me it's like to tries to upload the save twice so one works and then immediately after there's a failed upload.

It happens with pretty much anything so VVVV

DopeGhoti posted:

I get that for every game or streaming app I use each day, so for once it's :sony:, not :dice:.

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I saw a hilarious bug for that game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOsqMJlegIc&hd=1) that seemed like it would be fun to gently caress around with until they patch it out, the only downside is you'd need to become a pc sperglord to experience it. So probably not worth the risk..

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

ARACHTION posted:

I've finally started playing support and I unlocked the mortar. Decided to test it outside on Locker and was lobbing rounds an entire round getting tons of hit markers but no kills other than "assist counts as kill" s. At the end of the round though, I check the score board and I have 20 kills. Anybody have this
happen too?

Also my LMG bipod never ever deploys when I lie down.

Assist counts as kill is exactly what it sounds like, it gives you kill credit even if it doesn't show up on screen with the name of the guy you killed, it's much nicer than getting assists of 99 or 100 in BF3. The mortar does that anyway, i dont think you can get a 1 hit kill even if you land it on the guys head, you have to do 2 shots on the location to get a kill.

Bipods are a liability I've found, they dont deploy when you want them to, and do deploy at the worst possible times. Just use the stubby grip, especially if you use the RPK-12, the best LMG.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

keyboard vomit posted:

Assist counts as kill is exactly what it sounds like, it gives you kill credit even if it doesn't show up on screen with the name of the guy you killed, it's much nicer than getting assists of 99 or 100 in BF3. The mortar does that anyway, i dont think you can get a 1 hit kill even if you land it on the guys head, you have to do 2 shots on the location to get a kill.
I'm quite certain I've gotten some Mortar multikills; I've also been one-shot-killed by mortar once or thrice, but you do pretty much need to drop the shell right on the target's face; the drop-off is pretty sharp for the mortar's splash damage.

Teaming up a mortar team with a Recon running with MAVs and well-hidden TUGSs is fantastic fun. I did that with some Goons a couple days ago on Locker, and despite having one kill (MAV + dorito C4 :getin: ) and a passel of deaths, I was in the top three on my team from spot assist points.

keyboard vomit posted:

Bipods are a liability I've found, they dont deploy when you want them to, and do deploy at the worst possible times. Just use the stubby grip, especially if you use the RPK-12, the best LMG.
Bipods are extremely situational; I will equip them if I'm expecting to be able to overwatch a kill zone more often than not (e. g. Metro, some areas in Dawnbreaker), but most of the time, rocking a Potato or Stub grip is where it's at for LMGs.

Big McLargeHuge
Jan 2, 2001

Lebanon LOL

NESguerilla posted:

*7 new notifications*

Delete PS+ online saves, choose upload now afterwards, then future background PS+ uploads should work without error.

Apparently PS+ thinks pre-1.70 data is from a different console.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ah cool. Thanks, I'll have to do that. Those notifications are annoying as hell.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I really think this was a dumb buff. If anything it should be nerfed. Lately I've been running the Atlas chassis but I might switch back to the Stryder so I can dash away if it proves to be really loving annoying.

Also, the Ogre is a piece of poo poo. Too slow, only one dash that takes forever to recharge without the quick recharger, and it's really loving ugly. The shield core is poo poo compared to the Styder's ability to dance all day and the Atlas's ability to dunk on everything with damage core (you ever tried Atlas with core accelerator? Really bad loving news for other Titans).

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I applied for the 360 platoon, if whomever is in charge of that still reads this thread. I could use some friends who play at night (East coast timezone) so I can escape the teams full of people who refuse to even try to get the objectives.

I make no claims of greatness, but I'm always down for teamwork and tossing out those health packs n poo poo...and fun. Gamertag "BAROM3T3R".

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008

ah, didnt even think to check battlefieldgoons. thanks beelz.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

thenicko33 posted:

I really think this was a dumb buff. If anything it should be nerfed. Lately I've been running the Atlas chassis but I might switch back to the Stryder so I can dash away if it proves to be really loving annoying.

Also, the Ogre is a piece of poo poo. Too slow, only one dash that takes forever to recharge without the quick recharger, and it's really loving ugly. The shield core is poo poo compared to the Styder's ability to dance all day and the Atlas's ability to dunk on everything with damage core (you ever tried Atlas with core accelerator? Really bad loving news for other Titans).

I played around with an ogre dash quickcharger build. Wasn't worth it. Only thing an ogre is good for is long range railgun sniping on LTS.

Try the strider with dash quickcharger. Unless it's a team that really has its poo poo together, you can stay alive be a long time.

Speaking of, I'm on titanfall now if anyone wants to mirdserq

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 22, 2014

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
I tried stryder with the dash recharger and I kind of thought it was a bit redundant. With three dashes, plus dash core I kind of felt it wasn't really optimal, so I usually use the regen booster so that way you can get shields recharging quicker as you're dancing around.

edit: dat wingman. best sidearm.

thenicko33 fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 22, 2014

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

thenicko33 posted:

Wasn't the buff to nuclear eject just visual to match the actual damage it did already?

Atlas with core accelerator is my jam. You can use damage core so often I manage to avoid the "well I should save it in case..." mindset.

Not looking forward to gen 9, you need to get ogre executions. Going to eat so many nuclear ejects with that single dash. It's easy with 3 (or even 2) to dash in for the execute and then back out it they are nuking, but I guess with the ogre I'll have to use big punch and save my dash for a get away.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
I hit fiddy sometime last week and I haven't bothered doing the regening stuff. my only concern is that I'll eventually stop earning burn cards if I don't regen at some point.

According to the patch notes on the Titanfall website, it was a damage buff.

Nuclear Eject - Now does more damage against Titans. Previously an Atlas with full health could survive a close range Nuclear Ejection. Given the long "tell" that Nuclear Eject has, we decided it is appropriate for it to decimate Titans that are within the blast radius.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Good news, titanfall jihads are tough to pull off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Man it sure is unfortunate there is no Titanfall thread for you guys to discuss this stuff in.

• Locked thread