Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Elderbean posted:

The people who post this stuff violently defend cutting all of those welfare programs. I don't get it.

When they say "helping our own" they mean "helping me specifically"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Jesus was a pretty decent prophet, but a lousy economist. That's why Judas.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
He'll never miss a trick just like a magician.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

TinTower posted:

He'll never miss a trick just like a magician.

Something tells me that the water there isn't fresh at all.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
Because "Michelle Obama suggests calling your racist relatives out on their bullshit" wouldn't outrage as many conservatives as pretending it was the start of The Government Monitoring For Thoughtcrime.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

STERRRNNNN!!! Burnin's too good for him! Hangin's too good for him!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

theironjef posted:

STERRRNNNN!!! Burnin's too good for him! Hangin's too good for him!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

OKComrade is my favorite source for idiots on social media right now. Just pile on the word salads when describing yourself, that's how you get the love

Kaiju Cage Match has a new favorite as of 17:38 on May 21, 2014

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

OKComrade is my favorite source for idiots on social media right now. Just pile on the word salads when describing yourself, that's how you get the love

ReasonTheRevolutionWillNeverCome.jpg

Alpacalips Now
Oct 4, 2013

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

OKComrade is my favorite source for idiots on social media right now. Just pile on the word salads when describing yourself.

Self-described communists throwing the word "purge" around like it's LOL or some poo poo, that's rich.

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

That's no English dialect that I recognize...

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

He had me at "25 year old unemployed nihilist". :allears:

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

ScarletBrother posted:

That's no English dialect that I recognize...
It's best known as a South Welsh dialect :eng101:

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Aphtonites posted:

It's best known as a South Welsh dialect :eng101:

Obviously not, as there are vowels present.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Atmus posted:

Obviously not, as there are vowels present.

I thought Welsh was nothing but vowels?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I love that the Nihilist-Communist's interest include Anime and video games, the majority of which are produced primarily for consumption, and Cartoon Network, which is part of Turner, one of America's biggest corporations. Unless it's just a troll and I'm being obviously dense.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I love that the Nihilist-Communist's interest include Anime and video games, the majority of which are produced primarily for consumption, and Cartoon Network, which is part of Turner, one of America's biggest corporations. Unless it's just a troll and I'm being obviously dense.

The only moral exchange of goods and labor is my exchange of goods and labor.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

You got tumblr in my facebook!
You got facebook in my tumblr!

Two great tastes going great together.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004
"anarcho communist" is an adorable phrase.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

I would date this person if only to try to get them to renounce either leftism or pop culture.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Blind Pineapple has a new favorite as of 19:04 on May 21, 2014

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004
I semi-agree with not eating preservatives-laden food, but fungus != bacteria.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

ScarletBrother posted:

I semi-agree with not eating preservatives-laden food, but fungus != bacteria.

Wasn't that whole 'happy meal never gets moldy' experiment debunked pretty hard and it shown that McD's food will happily go moldy, anyway?

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

SybilVimes posted:

Wasn't that whole 'happy meal never gets moldy' experiment debunked pretty hard and it shown that McD's food will happily go moldy, anyway?

Pretty sure this is also true. The bacteria being named and fungus being pictured was what stuck out to me though.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Her life sounds exhausting.

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

You were expecting...Sandy Claws?

Fun Shoe

Vriess posted:

I thought Welsh was nothing but vowels?

Nope, just the normal ones (Y a whole lot more often) and W which is a sort of drawn-out 'oo'.
Also, 'Ch' 'Dd' and 'Ll' are letters.

The obligatory ridiculous Welsh place name that is dragged out to illustrate the language is this one from Anglesey - Llanfairpwllgwyn­gyllgo­gery­chwyrn­drobwll­llanty­silio­gogo­goch.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

SybilVimes posted:

It probably means something that the number of and positioning of the fries changes, and that the hamburger and bun are obviously different as well.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Atmus posted:

It probably means something that the number of and positioning of the fries changes, and that the hamburger and bun are obviously different as well.

Well could you have fries laying around for all that time without being tempted to eat one?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

SybilVimes posted:

And a home-cooked burger, left in a cool, dry location, will just as happily desiccate like the McD food in the picture.

Water content and the environment make a big difference in how something rots.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
I'm not sure if it fully fits in this thread but it's given me quite a few chuckles.

UKIP a racist party in the UK (kinda somewhat similar to the TeaParty in the US) asked twitter followers to post why they are voting for them in this upcoming election. Needless to say nearly everyone who is replying are putting up sarcastic jokes.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhyImVotingUkip?src=tren

I also have a pretty funny leaflet pushed through my door by these guys today that I can scan in. It reads like some crazy rambling conspiracy thing if anyone wants to see more of this.

Darkhold has a new favorite as of 19:54 on May 21, 2014

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

MisterBibs posted:

I'm sick of the media treating wrestling fans as rubes! Wrestling is awesome! I can't wait for Wrestling Founded By Toby Keith, Lucha Libre, and Japan Wrestling!

This is somehow even more baffling than the usual slew of comments about "Danil Brain" and "Stapnie McMohan". What is their point, even?

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

You were expecting...Sandy Claws?

Fun Shoe

Darkhold posted:

I also have a pretty funny leaflet pushed through my door by these guys today that I can scan in. It reads like some crazy rambling conspiracy thing if anyone wants to see more of this.

I think there was a raving pro-UKIP 'leaflet' posted in the UKMT in D&D a couple months back. It was a couple of pages of lined A4 with utter mad rambling about YUROP :argh: vomited all over it - in pencil.
Scan yours in, i'd like to compare. :haw:

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Two questions related to posts:

-I don't know much about UKIP, but I did see photos from some of their recent things and some of their politicians are black. Can a brit explain that to me?

-What's with the massive hatred for Romanians in the UK? Is it just because of Roma, or what?

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

SteveVizsla posted:

Two questions related to posts:

-I don't know much about UKIP, but I did see photos from some of their recent things and some of their politicians are black. Can a brit explain that to me?

-What's with the massive hatred for Romanians in the UK? Is it just because of Roma, or what?

UKIP are basically a single-issue party, the issue being xenophobia leaving the EU/closing the borders. Plenty of minority ethnic people define themselves as British, and think that both of those things will be good for the country. As the party has gained prominence, it's also accumulated a lot of racist baggage thanks to the demographic it's pursuing (people who can be convinced to blame everything on immigrants) and the significant proportion of its candidates who are turning out to be bigoted shits, but they're not so unpalatable (unlike the British National Party) they can't get some token black people on their platform.

The hatred for Romanians is a pretty recent thing - Romania joined the EU recently, and the right wing was stirring up a lot of poo poo about an invasion of Romanians that never happened. This in turn got mixed up with increasing anti-Gypsy sentiment thanks to some much-publicised conflicts involving traveller communities. The term Roma has only really become recognised in Britain in the last few years.

e: see below. They've got a lot of gently caress-the-poor conservativism sneaking in under the radar, but the dirty foreigners are their main public platform.

Gato has a new favorite as of 20:40 on May 21, 2014

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Some guy said something that wasn't true I guess. That's enough to disregard everything he says about everything. YOU CANNOT TRUST SNELL!

Pretty boring front page. Your typical 'don't give money to other countries. Also pretty hypocritical as they want to slash most of the social net but bitch about the cost of living, but it's the back that's pretty hilarious.

loving SNELL again what horrible lies is he willing to say to keep his £22,000 a year job?!?!? Also what is Labour doing putting things out with gold fringe blue when we all know that's Tory colours?

Also what is up with penguins flocking together? I'm not expert but I thought it was flying birds that 'flocked' penguins are in colonies or something?

Darkhold has a new favorite as of 20:41 on May 21, 2014

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011
Here's the wonderful BNP leaflet we got:

In particular, note the 'UKIP aren't racist enough!!' and 'vote for us to protest the real parties' points

silencekit
May 1, 2014

Yo who's trying to chill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

SybilVimes posted:

Here's the wonderful BNP leaflet we got:

In particular, note the 'UKIP aren't racist enough!!' and 'vote for us to protest the real parties' points

http://www.bnp.org.uk/banned-bnp-2014-party-political-broadcast

This is a real thing, on the BNP's official website. I know they must be doing it for attention at this point, but :psyduck:.

• Locked thread