Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO

TaurusOxford posted:

Because it's a DW game with a Zelda skin. No female Zelda character has ever looked or dressed like that before.

The main villain of Oracle of Ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

TaurusOxford posted:

Because it's a DW game with a Zelda skin. No female Zelda character has ever looked or dressed like that before.

Great Fairies
Twilight Fairies
Adult Midna
Veran

Technically, Ruto was totally naked too, although you can't sushi anything inappropos.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

BottledBodhisvata posted:

post="429939989"

you can't sushi anything inappropos

BOOOOOOOO

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Great Fairies
Twilight Fairies
Adult Midna
Veran

Technically, Ruto was totally naked too, although you can't sushi anything inappropos.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Twilight Princess fairies. They were just wearing halfassed pants. They had no tops on at all.

Purple D. Link posted:

Well, nevermind then.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Purple D. Link posted:

I honestly thought they were naked as a kid. I don't think I was that far off.

There's also Pinkle.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 21, 2014

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

None of those examples even come close to being as bad as what looks like a twelve-year-old girl with huge breasts wearing nipple covers. :confused:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

JordanKai posted:

None of those examples even come close to being as bad as what looks like a twelve-year-old girl with huge breasts wearing nipple covers. :confused:

I'd say EVERYTHING about the OoT great fairies are worse than everything else.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Legend of Zelda is full of debauchery. Navi is naked for christ sakes.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Purple D. Link posted:

My god, don't let the children see.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

JordanKai posted:

I don't know what 12-year-olds you have in your area.

But those probably aren't 12-year-olds. Also stop looking at 12-year-olds.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

JordanKai posted:

So what does she look like in full view? Because she doesn't look like 12.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

So what does she look like in full view? Because she doesn't look like 12.

Her entire lower half is just a state ID with ??? where age should be. The internet tussles.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I have a pretty simple criteria: if my mom walked in and saw what I was playing, would I be embarrassed?

That character would make the answer "very yes."

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lemming posted:

I have a pretty simple criteria: if my mom walked in and saw what I was playing, would I be embarrassed?

Grown rear end men do not need to be concerned with tings like these.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lemming posted:

The great thing with the Wii U is that you can switch to the gamepad :v:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I guess his mother would not be a fan of Game of Thrones then.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Lemming posted:

Pfft, it's thinking like that that cause people not to play Bayonetta.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Big E3 Announcement: Star Fox X Senran Kagura

Also, Urban Champion X Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm gonna be honest I like boobs I'm very ashamed

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Taint Reaper posted:

Well they do, only it's with your wife.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I would be pretty embarrassed if someone walked in on me looking at that character because it's the weakest character design to grace Legend of Zelda since the CD-i games.

I can't be seen playing sub-par looking Zelda games. I have a reputation to uphold. :colbert:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

Well they do, only it's with your wife.

Then just remind your wife that you're not going to be pummeling her with a sword and shield later.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Lemming posted:

I have a pretty simple criteria

Criteria is plural

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Taint Reaper posted:

Then just remind your wife that you're not going to be pummeling her with a sword and shield later.

Oh I'm gonna pummel her with my sword and shield later if. you. get. my. drift.

I am going to murder her.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lemming posted:

If your mom walked in and saw you were playing video games she would probably tell you to get a job

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Lemming posted:

My god, don't let the children see.

To be fair, it was in the instruction manual

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Woah there they just said Princess Zelda is a symbol. Way to objectify women Nintendo.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

I hope Tingle's in Hyrule Warriors. :unsmith:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I hope Tingle's in Hyrule Warriors. :unsmith:

I hope his entire gameplay style involves hiring mercenaries and fighting mobs in a giant cartoony dust cloud.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Oh I'm gonna pummel her with my sword and shield later if. you. get. my. drift.

I am going to murder her.

Go on...

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Utnayan posted:

You would think Nintendo would wisen up and start having a line up of killer IP games to play on launch day of a console.

Can you imagine if the next console launched with the following:

1) New Animal Crossing
2) New Zelda
3) New Metroid
4) New Mario
5) Super Smash Bros

2-3 of any of the games above, hell, even one, that isn't a rehash remake would sell so many systems it is ridiculous what they could do.

I am curious who makes all their bone headed decisions over there and who doesn't realize software sells the system and they have the best IP's in the market.

Utnayan posted:

You would think Nintendo would wisen up and start having a line up of killer IP games to play on launch day of a console.

Can you imagine if the next console launched with the following:

1) New Animal Crossing
2) New Zelda
3) New Metroid
4) New Mario
5) Super Smash Bros

2-3 of any of the games above, hell, even one, that isn't a rehash remake would sell so many systems it is ridiculous what they could do.

I am curious who makes all their bone headed decisions over there and who doesn't realize software sells the system and they have the best IP's in the market.

Yes if only Nintendo would have pushed those same few original IPs harder. That's the problem that they're having :rolleyes:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Nintendo should probably make more types of action games since action games are popular.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Man who cares about that lady check this dude out:

It's like someone imported Volvagia into Monster Hunter and made gear out of him.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Metroid is now reimagined as a third-person shooter where you hide behind chest-high walls and shoot heads. There's zombies and 50-hours of cutscenes. If you aren't shooting heads from cover you are moving ladders around.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper posted:

Nintendo should probably make more types of action games since action games are popular.

Platinum Games announces it's developing the next Zelda game.

Every character has huge tits, and Link rides around on a motorcycle, which also has tits. Bosses include giant floating tits that you shoot with arrows, tits whose magic you reflect back at them, and a giant spider.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mercury Crusader posted:

Metroid is now reimagined as a third-person shooter where you hide behind chest-high walls and shoot heads. There's zombies and 50-hours of cutscenes. If you aren't shooting heads from cover you are moving ladders around.

Other M 2 confirmed.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

It's like someone imported Volvagia into Monster Hunter and made gear out of him.

I'll get you next time Gadget!

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO

Oh wow it does look like that. I like it.

If they're just gonna pull characters from any point of the series, I want to see Onox playable. http://zeldawiki.org/General_Onox He just looks made for this.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Mercury Crusader posted:

Last of TheM!

Platinum Games announces it's developing the next Zelda game.

Every character has huge tits, and Link rides around on a motorcycle, which also has tits. Bosses include giant floating tits that you shoot with arrows, tits whose magic you reflect back at them, and a giant spider.

That sounds like a GotY contender to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I would laugh so hard if most of the characters in the game are just human versions of Zelda bosses.

• Locked thread