Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Astro7x posted:

To be fair, it was in the instruction manual

dick shoulders and lady boob are characters in the newest title in the zelda series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

To be honest since it's a spinoff I really just want Hyrule Warriors to be ridiculous Zelda fan fiction where I can play as all the different Links and maybe Beedle/Groose/Tingle

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Help Im Alive posted:

To be honest since it's a spinoff I really just want Hyrule Warriors to be ridiculous Zelda fan fiction where I can play as all the different Links and maybe Beedle/Groose/Tingle

If Groose isn't playable there is no justice in the world.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

/\/\/\ I see you arent familiar with anime. Keep it that way

You would think that Nintendo would have some sort of approval over stuff like this.

Well, yeah, but what I'm saying is that sometimes it's actually the people at the top who make these choices.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Chernabog posted:

Well, yeah, but what I'm saying is that sometimes it's actually the people at the top who make these choices.

Sakamoto sticks his filthy hands into another project

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

The Taint Reaper posted:

Nintendo should probably make more types of action games since action games are popular.

I too want three video game consoles with near-identical libraries.

BingeHooligan
Dec 24, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

The thing about the Musou series, though, is that the more focused games have been the weakest. They've been doing these smaller games based on properties lately and none of them have been well received even among people who like the Musou games. I want Hyrule Warriors to be good, but I'd definitely hold back from getting it immediately.

Actually, to my knowledge only the first Fist of the North Star game was actually received poorly. The sequel improves in nearly every way, and both the One Piece games were very popular. If anything I'd say that One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 was more liked than Dynasty Warriors 7. I have no idea how the Gundam games were or how they did, but at a glance they only seem to be considered a touch worse than regular Musou games.

Don't say that, I don't wanna play F-Zero Nintendoland part 2
vvv

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Monkey Fracas posted:

We're going to have to play holding the Wii-U tablet vertically aren't we?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

The Taint Reaper posted:

We're going to have to play holding the Wii-U tablet vertically aren't we?

Turn the gamepad upside down and rest a wiimote on the curve of the gamepad to create a wobbling steering wheel for the gunship

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BingeHooligan posted:

Actually, to my knowledge only the first Fist of the North Star game was actually received poorly. The sequel improves in nearly every way, and both the One Piece games were very popular. If anything I'd say that One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 was more liked than Dynasty Warriors 7. I have no idea how the Gundam games were or how they did, but at a glance they only seem to be considered a touch worse than regular Musou games.

I thought that most people were very unhappy with the One Piece games. The Kamen Rider and St. Seiya games also weren't very popular.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

If Groose isn't playable there is no justice in the world.

Groose was the real hero of Skyward Sword. He didn't have any stupid magical powers or fate or whatever, he was just some random guy who saved everyone by being a sweet dude.

Groose forever.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope Groose is playable in this game, and also has a gigantic codpiece

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

mabels big day posted:

I hope Groose is playable in this game, and also has a gigantic codpiece

I smell a double standard. :colbert:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Zack_Gochuck posted:

I too want three video game consoles with near-identical libraries.

Battalion Wars is reimagined as a gritty military sci-fi FPS. You have drones at your disposal and also all the levels are hallways. Mash "A" during a QTE to prevent yourself from being stabbed by a cyber-terrorist. Also your CO is actually the bad guy.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

so another warioware then?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

BingeHooligan posted:

Don't say that, I don't wanna play F-Zero Nintendoland part 2
vvv

Both Fist of the North Star games are still slow, clunky, poorly made trash and Pirate Warriors 1 is a shameless prototype cash grab that never approached anything decent until they tore down half the game mechanics to make the sequel. Dynasty Warriors 7 is the current gold standard for Musou, hell even DW8 fails to beat it on multiple fronts.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Bread Set Jettison posted:

dick shoulders and lady boob are characters in the newest title in the zelda series

Oracle of Ages came out 13 years ago.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

Kurtofan posted:

I honestly thought they were naked as a kid. I don't think I was that far off.

There's also Pinkle.

If the silicone-lady was bad, this is worse. As in, endless nightmares -type of worse. I'm going to wake up screaming tonight, aren't I?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Here, you should see her in motion!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g06-b_dlcJY

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

TaurusOxford posted:

I would laugh so hard if most of the characters in the game are just human versions of Zelda bosses.

In his defense at least that was the back-story for the Shadow Temple boss in Ocarina; who looking at this scan is totally going to be in the game as well.

Also if that lady is the purple ghost sister from the Forest Temple I hope she and her sisters fight the same way they did in Ocarina.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

Too be fair, while a little odd, these weren't obvious masturbation fodder like that design from hyrule warriors.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Zack_Gochuck posted:

Too be fair, while a little odd, these weren't obvious masturbation fodder like that design from hyrule warriors.

That's obvious masturbation fodder? I mean...that's pretty tame by video game standards, or any standards really. Is all cleavage now just masturbation fodder?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Zack_Gochuck posted:

Tell that to 13 year old me.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
The camera zoomed in on her, spun around her entire body, and she posed in midair bent down showing off her polygon tits. Totally wholesome.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

TaurusOxford posted:

I would laugh so hard if most of the characters in the game are just human versions of Zelda bosses.

There aren't that many Zelda villains so that'd be cool honestly.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I love all titties regardless of polgon count.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Kurtofan posted:

There aren't that many Zelda villains so that'd be cool honestly.

Ya. Like you walk into this bar in the new future Zelda and theres a man sitting at a table in a dimlit corner and you walk up and take a puff from your ecig and then blow it in his face and he dies and then someone is like "you killed him... you killed Dodongo"

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Impa looks pretty cool, at least!

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

In his defense at least that was the back-story for the Shadow Temple boss in Ocarina; who looking at this scan is totally going to be in the game as well.

Also if that lady is the purple ghost sister from the Forest Temple I hope she and her sisters fight the same way they did in Ocarina.

Since I don't speak Japanese and all, I imagine there's some flavour text on who those villains might be an their abilities, but based on the aesthetic alone, the dynamic ends up rather... curious.

I mean, one's a fiery warrior, armoured up and everything.

Then you have the femme fatale jester.

And then... hooded spiritual figure.

The first two fit fairly obvious archetypes, especially given anime trends for villain sets, but the third is... potentially more open. Depends on whether they would play up the ambiguous appearance for strange and exotic powers, or have it be hiding some monstrous 'true form' beneath (glowing red eyes and Zelda have a history and all).

JordanKai posted:

What I find interesting is they don't seem to be sticking to just the obvious ninja route they could go with her. Seriously, that sword is some Bleach levels of oversized.

Astro Nut fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 21, 2014

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

JordanKai posted:

When they said Skyward Sword Impa I was hoping they meant the old lady version with the crazy braid.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
The Great Fairy in Twilight Princess was completely topless except for her hair that conveniently fell over her chest.

Changing the subject, I got to play the demo of Mario Kart 8. It handles well. They only had 8 tracks and there were mostly "simple tracks" so I didn't get to try anything neat like Rainbow Road.

Trip Report:
Played on the Wii U game pad. The A button and the right thumb stick can both be used for acceleration/gas/make vechicle go. Right trigger is hop/slide/trick and left trigger is the use item button. You can use either the left stick or the d-pad to steer. Touch the middle of the gamepad touch screen to honk your horn.

It seems doing wheelies for bikes (Mario Kart Wii Feature) is gone. Both bikes and karts can powerslide and earn blue sparks and then orange sparks.

I was able to do the "out of gate speed boost" by holding down the A button when "2" was disapearing. It wasn't much of a speed boost so maybe if you time it better you get a better blast or maybe they nerfed it.

All in all, it feels like a "wide" Mario Kart. The tracks are very large. This might be to accomidate multiple players in multiplayer, but the roads seem very wide, it felt a little weird.

Press the right trigger to do a "trick" and get a speed boost when you leave a ramp like previous games had.

The bikes can really cut corners sharp.

Pink Gold Peach was fun to play. I think she said something like "I came in first!" when she won the race.

Graphics are nice. Was focused mostly on racing instead of visuals. It's got to be a solid 60 frames per second.

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 21, 2014

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Astro Nut posted:

What I find interesting is they don't seem to be sticking to just the obvious ninja route they could go with her. Seriously, that sword is some Bleach levels of oversized.

It's bit of a weird decision, yeah. A giant sword seems like it would fit Ocarina of Time Impa better than Skyward Sword Impa.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Spectacle Rock posted:

The A button and the right thumb stick can both be used for acceleration/gas/make vechicle go.

Thats an interesting way to get around no analog triggers.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Astro Nut posted:

Since I don't speak Japanese and all, I imagine there's some flavour text on who those villains might be an their abilities, but based on the aesthetic alone, the dynamic ends up rather... curious.

I mean, one's a fiery warrior, armoured up and everything.

Then you have the femme fatale jester.

And then... hooded spiritual figure.

The first two fit fairly obvious archetypes, especially given anime trends for villain sets, but the third is... potentially more open. Depends on whether they would play up the ambiguous appearance for strange and exotic powers, or have it be hiding some monstrous 'true form' beneath (glowing red eyes and Zelda have a history and all).

I wouldn't have immediately pegged her as Meg if it wasn't for the fact that aside from the helmet looking like the face she has in Ocarina, she's even holding the purple flame torch.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Hyrule Warriors looks pretty cool.

SKBasis
Oct 27, 2007

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a hamster balancing Kirby on a parasol -- forever.
College Slice
The names of those two guys seem to be Valga (pretty much confirming the Volvagia relation) and Wizro (as in Wizrobe).

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh man, must be some big news!

Nope, just a bunch of goons tripping over each other to see who can pretend to be offended the fastest over virtual tits.

Kabanaw posted:

And all of a sudden it becomes clear why Nintendo is hesitant to loan its IPs to outside studios.

Totally man, clearly Nintendo just took one of their biggest IP's, dumped it on Omega Force's door and said "have at it, call us when its ready." :iamafag:

The design is clearly meant to appeal to the japanese crowd first where DW sells the most, on top of that Aunoma was working with the team and I'm fairly confident in saying that Nintendo had some final say over the final designs of many of these characters.

I personally don't give a poo poo about her design, I just wanna play the drat game.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Alteisen posted:

The design is clearly meant to appeal to the japanese crowd first where DW sells the most, on top of that Aunoma was working with the team and I'm fairly confident in saying that Nintendo had some final say over the final designs of many of these designs.

Especially since she's bound to be the last unlockable challenger in SSB4

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Alteisen posted:

Oh man, must be some big news!

Nope, just a bunch of goons tripping over each other to see who can pretend to be offended the fastest over virtual tits.

:rolleyes:

If there's gonna be a bunch of playable characters in Hyrule Warriors, I really hope they actually make Zelda playable. It's a little ridiculous she has never been playable in a game series that has her name in the title (with the exception of the weird CD-I games)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Macaluso posted:

If there's gonna be a bunch of playable characters in Hyrule Warriors, I really hope they actually make Zelda playable. It's a little ridiculous she has never been playable in a game series that has her name in the title (with the exception of the weird CD-I games)

I don't really have much in the way of specific wishes for characters, with the exception of Fierce Deity Link. I really hope he gets to be Hyrule Warriors' equivalent of Lu Bu.

That's all I want Nintendo. Please don't disappoint me! :ohdear:

• Locked thread