Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Ah the old record the villain as he rants plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Why do I get the feeling Cas is gonna burn the last of his grace on Dean.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

"I'm proud of us."

That was just bad.

e: ^^^ that too.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Labyrinth: starring Doctor Who.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Found it, Genesis 4:15

But the Lord said to him, “Not so; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him.

Metatron is in deep poo poo.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
...WELP. I did not see that coming.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Sooooooooooooooo I guess that vision Dean had back in season 3 was right.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
:stare: So loving cool.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

If next season is Dean and Crowley bro'ing out for the first few episodes season 10 will be pretty close to 5 is shear goodness.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
This is probably the most interesting thing they could've done.

The best part is, for once it wasn't (directly) caused by them doing a boneheaded decision.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I love Crowley bringing up the fact that getting one of them ressurrected is routine now, like casting a D&D spell.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
So this sets up costing the gates of hell nicely.

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012
That's kind of exactly what I was expecting to happen, but I'm not complaining because it was cool as hell :dance:

The look Cas gave when Metatron told him Dean was dead was more heartbreaking than the 9.03 puppy eyes though.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Really happy by this turn of events. Also glad Crowley hung a lantern on Sam selling his soul to revive Dean.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Finally, the first genuinely interesting twist since they introduced the Leviathans. It'll make for a great season 10, probably the final season unless the CW throws insane amounts of money at them.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn.

When Dean kinda stared off into the distance when Sam was helping him I thought for sure Death was going to be standing there.

Did NOT see that ending coming.

Some clunky dialog, kinda a weird judo flip of the narrative this season. All in all though, holy gently caress.

I was wondering how they were going to clear up the heaven closed, gates of hell spell, Metatron/God and every other big plot hole they had this season, but it never occurred to me they'd just say "gently caress it, we've done 8 solid years of one year arcs with no hold overs, LET'S GO MULTI SEASONAL UP IN DIS BITCH!

Still so god damned pissed Metatron didn't get beaten up more though, but I don't know if that's because I hate him as a villain (as any good villain should be) or if it's because he's kinda nerdish and it just feels like someone should be giving him atomic wedgies.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

pentyne posted:

Finally, the first genuinely interesting twist since they introduced the Leviathans. It'll make for a great season 10, probably the final season unless the CW throws insane amounts of money at them.

If season 10 indeed is the final season, you think Jeffrey Dean Morgan will honor his word and came back as John for a last hurrah?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
"nebbish-y"

* edit - vvv - Ackles, you glorious bastard.

isk fucked around with this message at 05:43 on May 21, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dunno whether to laugh or cry at the dad jokedness of this.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Basebf555 posted:

Ah the old record the villain as he rants plan.

All I could think of during that scene was the episode of American Dad, where the same thing happens to Snot (also voiced by Curtis Armstrong/Metatron).

"I make the announcements! I am the second coming! I speak for God Now!" *Begins speaking in tongues*

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Crazy formerly possessed dude in season 7 did a ritual at some point in the episode, but he mostly did everything by normal means and was just a seriously deranged bloke. I think there were others, but right now it escapes me.

There was the one where the inbreed girl was living in the walls.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Nine years and they still somehow pull me back in. :tviv:

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

First Bass posted:

Nine years and they still somehow pull me back in. :tviv:

Yeah, they always have amazing finales. Now just wait until Dean is cured of his demon-issues halfway through the season 10 premier so that they can get back to the status quo.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Is this really that surprising to anyone? I mean, we all know Cain was a human and supposedly died, yet he was somehow still hanging out as the loneliest, strongest demon. I don't know, this is like the most boring Supernatural finale, they should've just let him die. On the other hand, it's less silly than selling your soul, fighting your way out of limbo, or dying hundreds of times only to be brought back to life by angels in business suits.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They still have quite a few plot points to cover. The heaven lockdown, Dean's meeting with Cain, if turning Dean BACK counts as the final trial for Sam and ends him and closes the gates of hell (plus killing Sam in the mean time), possibly flipping the prophet switch in heaven to get a new one, what Abbadon was doing with those soul catcher things earlier in the season, Cas and his missing grace. It's going to be a hell of a season.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
Apparently in NYS baseball takes precedence over regular programming. The finale wasn't on at all last night, and for some reason TWC doesn't have the CW on demand so I have to watch it online (which is fine, just less convenient than watching on my TV). I didn't get to watch last night and I'm stoked to watch it now.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Also I *really* liked how Metatron was doing his best to ape Jesus, even when he wasn't explicitly going for it. The example I have is when he's yelling about the angels and he says "I'm different because I've walked with them [the humans]".

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I liked the finale. The only problem is I don't see them writing this out in a way that won't disappoint me. If they have Dean turn human again it will be kind of lame. I don't really want to watch a season of just following around Sam either though. Sam and demon Dean working together also seems really lame so I'm not really looking forward to the conclusion.

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
Demon Dean will have been worth it if we get to see him go all Lucifer on the monsters in Chicago.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Is it weird that one of the things I look forward to the most is the gag reel?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Writer Cath posted:

Is it weird that one of the things I look forward to the most is the gag reel?

I really want to see Dean open his eyes at the end and he's wearing smiley-face contacts.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Saw the entire thing of Cas broadcasting ole Marvs speech a mile away. Thats what you get for giving him so much pop culture knowledge! You doomed your self to failure!

Rest of the episode though was pretty drat kick rear end. Still a little on the fence about Crowley saying he kicked the blood thing. Why else would he try to make such a point about him not lying about the mark. Almost and I mean almost want to make a bet he is actually trying to find a way to have Dean replace him as the big ole head man down stairs.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Darth Freddy posted:

Saw the entire thing of Cas broadcasting ole Marvs speech a mile away. Thats what you get for giving him so much pop culture knowledge! You doomed your self to failure!

Rest of the episode though was pretty drat kick rear end. Still a little on the fence about Crowley saying he kicked the blood thing. Why else would he try to make such a point about him not lying about the mark. Almost and I mean almost want to make a bet he is actually trying to find a way to have Dean replace him as the big ole head man down stairs.

Next season is Crowley, Cas, and Sam hunting demons while Dean is in control of Hell.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Darth Freddy posted:

Chewbacca. It's from a popular film.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
I'm kind of wondering if Dean is going to be as powerful as a Knight of Hell - I mean, wasn't it Cain that chose/trained the knights in the first place? And basically was the first Knight of Hell?

Not saying that he'll immediately be super evil (think hippy-cain of the current times) he knows he's 'evil' but he also remembers he was human a week ago and can rationally think about the difference. Not to say he'd want to be cured, I'm sure that's going to be the Abaddon thread of next season though and they're going to try to cure him (probably not close hell, though, just a good old fashioned demonic cure).

I know that (?)Tim Omundson is otherwise occupied, but I wonder if he'll guest star as someone who is unhappy with the turn of events meaning that there's a new Knight of Hell.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

mcswizzle posted:

Not saying that he'll immediately be super evil (think hippy-cain of the current times) he knows he's 'evil' but he also remembers he was human a week ago and can rationally think about the difference. Not to say he'd want to be cured, I'm sure that's going to be the Abaddon thread of next season though and they're going to try to cure him (probably not close hell, though, just a good old fashioned demonic cure).

I anticipate it will be like the "soulless Sam" plotline from a few seasons back. Dean will assert he's still "himself," until it becomes clear he isn't anymore. Someone should take bets on whether or not he tries to hide the fact he's a demon from Sam. "Dean! I smell brimstone; was Crowley here?"

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Xealot posted:

I anticipate it will be like the "soulless Sam" plotline from a few seasons back. Dean will assert he's still "himself," until it becomes clear he isn't anymore. Someone should take bets on whether or not he tries to hide the fact he's a demon from Sam. "Dean! I smell brimstone; was Crowley here?"

I think he'll suspect something's up when Dean is back from the dead.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Xealot posted:

Oh god, I'm gonna kill myself* if they pull that poo poo. Dean straight told Sam about the murderlust and turning into something "he didn't want to be", and they know Cain became a demon after he died, all the cards are on the table here. I can't take another season of *~stoic bro secrets~*, I just can't.

*not a :toxx:

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

McSpanky posted:

Oh god, I'm gonna kill myself* if they pull that poo poo. Dean straight told Sam about the murderlust and turning into something "he didn't want to be", and they know Cain became a demon after he died, all the cards are on the table here. I can't take another season of *~stoic bro secrets~*, I just can't.

I don't think Sam knows. He wasn't there when Cain explained it to Dean and Crowley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

McSpanky posted:

It's still funny that people don't realize that Winchester Brother Secrets are actually a bigger component to the show than all the monsters. I means it's the main theme of the show and will be until the end. It's been nine years now and it's time for people to accept that.

• Locked thread