Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

PrinnySquadron posted:

Has this been posted yet?
http://www.gameswelt.de/magic-duels-of-the-planeswalkers-2015/news/exklusive-premium-karte-enthuellt,221462

Soul of Zendikar {4}{G}{G}
Creature - Avatar (Mythic)
Reach
{3}{G}{G}: Put a 3/3 green Beast creature token onto the battlefield.
{3}{G}{G}, Exile Soul of Zendikar from your graveyard: Put a 3/3 green Beast creature token onto the battlefield.
6/6

I feel like this card should have Trample for being a 6 CMC Mythic. The art looks a bit like the original Force of Nature to me, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

Earlier this page, dude.

Can anyone spot the problem:

Is there some subtlety that makes their names different? Because knowing gently caress all about Japanese, those names look exactly the same. I mean I get that's the problem. I'm just curious how deep it goes.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Yeah, it doesn't feel very mythic. Hell, the Selesnya guild-mage made 3/3s for a similar cost and that was an uncommon.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

While we're on languages, here's my collection of every language Magic has ever been printed in:

I'm still looking for a foil Portugese Graceful Adept, a Korean Serra Angel, and a Russian Golgari Grave-Troll.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

While we're on languages, here's my collection of every language Magic has ever been printed in:

I'm still looking for a foil Portugese Graceful Adept, a Korean Serra Angel, and a Russian Golgari Grave-Troll.

Jace, Anime Adept

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Is there a rhyme or reason for the particular cards in languages? I think I might have a serra too.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is there some subtlety that makes their names different? Because knowing gently caress all about Japanese, those names look exactly the same. I mean I get that's the problem. I'm just curious how deep it goes.

No there is nothing subtle. Falkenrath Noble and Falkenrath Aristocrat are translated to the exact same name in Japanese.

Same issue in chinese:

Because y'know, Noble and Aristocrat basically have the same meaning when you're looking at localizing in other languages.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

You need a Phyrexian-language Elesh Norn now too. Good luck. (I like that you included Pig Latin)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Was there errata or something about it? Run a 52 card deck by discarding one of them and Surgical Extracting it. (I get this is not good, but it's a thing you could do!)

Sever the Bloodline one and exile both!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Was there errata or something about it? Run a 52 card deck by discarding one of them and Surgical Extracting it. (I get this is not good, but it's a thing you could do!)

Sever the Bloodline one and exile both!

English card name is the one that is relevant for all rulings.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Entropic posted:

Yeah, it doesn't feel very mythic. Hell, the Selesnya guild-mage made 3/3s for a similar cost and that was an uncommon.

I assume it means that Kalonian Hydra is out in M15. Of course, I'd rather have Kalonian Hydra every single time since this card is not exactly playable.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Lit: Until you puke.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
That's what Ad Nauseum means as well. Maybe it's just not a commonly used Latin phrase in German-speaking countries?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Lit: Until you puke.

They'd use "Bis zum Kotzen" if they really mean puking. Like whydirt said, it is just a literal translation of a latin phrase that doesn't make sense in German.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
Is there a place that has an up to date spoiler with sources for everything that's been spoiled so far? I'm seeing stuff that I'm interested in picking up foils of like Altar of Dementia and Reflecting Pool listed on spoiler sites but can't find anything to confirm that they are actually a thing.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

BXCX posted:

Is there a place that has an up to date spoiler with sources for everything that's been spoiled so far? I'm seeing stuff that I'm interested in picking up foils of like Altar of Dementia and Reflecting Pool listed on spoiler sites but can't find anything to confirm that they are actually a thing.

Like this?

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/spoilers/139-conspiracy

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
For whatever reason, the MTGS spoiler only includes new cards and not reprints. Try the Mythicspoiler site for the whole set list: http://mythicspoiler.com/cpy/index.html

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

whydirt posted:

For whatever reason, the MTGS spoiler only includes new cards and not reprints. Try the Mythicspoiler site for the whole set list: http://mythicspoiler.com/cpy/index.html

Yeah, that's where I was looking when I saw that Altar and Pool were on there, but there's no sourcing and the only stuff I could find with some quick google searches were comment threads on random sites where people are saying "it's so cool that x is going to be in Conspiracy!!!!1"

Salvation does a good job of showing the sources, it is weird they're skipping covering the whole set.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

BXCX posted:

Yeah, that's where I was looking when I saw that Altar and Pool were on there, but there's no sourcing and the only stuff I could find with some quick google searches were comment threads on random sites where people are saying "it's so cool that x is going to be in Conspiracy!!!!1"

Salvation does a good job of showing the sources, it is weird they're skipping covering the whole set.

They only put up the new cards when a set has a high enough percentage of reprints.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I wonder if there's a good enough two-card combo draftable in Conspiracy for it to be worth running multiple Advantageous Proclamations. :getin:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Rollie the Guar posted:

German Hammer of Purphoros makes 3/3 Golem-verzauberungsartefaktkreaturspielstein.

Quoting Family Guy is blasphemous, but all I can hear in my head right now:

If you're going to be in the Los Angeles area und would like tickets to Hitler, call 213-DU WERDEST EINE KRANKENSCHWESTER BRAUCHEN!

In all seriousness, this is my next custom token project. I need to find the angriest Golem art in existence.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Apparently naming things is hard:

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004
German is the Rube-Goldberg device of languages.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

ScarletBrother posted:

Oh, we have words for that thing. [Jams six nouns together]

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Everblight posted:

You need a Phyrexian-language Elesh Norn now too. Good luck. (I like that you included Pig Latin)

That's a great idea, I'll just head over to Ebay and... and... wish I had four hundred dollars.

Snacksmaniac posted:

Is there a rhyme or reason for the particular cards in languages? I think I might have a serra too.

Just cards I like, or have good memories of. Shelkin Brownie is one of the worst cards ever, and it's from Legends, which was printed more in Italian than in English. I want the Portuguese Graceful Adept because it's misprinted with some English text, so it would make a nice 9th foil. I want a 4th edition Korean Serra Angel because that card got Magic censored in South Korea - the classic Serra Angel art was considered too provocative. I want the Russian Golgari Grave-Troll because I like Dredge.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

whydirt posted:

Actually I was wrong and switched the card number gap in my head. Yeah, there should be plenty of room for some more green cards.

Signs point to core sets no longer having duals unless they split a cycle between the core set and the fall set, which is possible, but seems unlikely.

They probably won't do that anymore because the fall set will be in print a little longer than the core set and it throws things off.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

PrinnySquadron posted:

Has this been posted yet?
http://www.gameswelt.de/magic-duels-of-the-planeswalkers-2015/news/exklusive-premium-karte-enthuellt,221462

Soul of Zendikar {4}{G}{G}
Creature - Avatar (Mythic)
Reach
{3}{G}{G}: Put a 3/3 green Beast creature token onto the battlefield.
{3}{G}{G}, Exile Soul of Zendikar from your graveyard: Put a 3/3 green Beast creature token onto the battlefield.
6/6
Man, I just can't get over that frame. I thought I would have gotten over it by now. It just looks so lopsided. The left part of the frame looks both shorter and narrower than the right part. Ugh.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm sorting a collection I just nabbed (anyone need a bunch of pauper all stars or an all foil rebel deck :/) but when I get to my foreign box I'll look for Serra.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ScarletBrother posted:

That's pretty much it. A specific thing should have a specific word that describes it. So you've got your Golem-verzauberungsartefaktkreaturspielstein, a Golem enchantment artifact creature token; since 'enchantment artifact creature token' is a specific kind of thing, it gets its own word. (And then farblosen is colourless.) They could even have written Golemverzauberungsartefaktkreaturspielstein, but they probably wanted to split out Golem as the creature type.

English does it in a few cases, like daylight and sunlight are one word rather than being day light and sun light, but German does it more often and with more elements.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.

Bonus posted:

Man, I just can't get over that frame. I thought I would have gotten over it by now. It just looks so lopsided. The left part of the frame looks both shorter and narrower than the right part. Ugh.

I hate you...now all I see is a difference in width on the sides of the card! :catstare:

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

OssiansFolly posted:

I hate you...now all I see is a difference in width on the sides of the card! :catstare:

I didn't notice it before, but now it's going to haunt me and slowly consume my soul every time I look at a card.

I wonder if they'll ever change up the frames to remove the Web 2.0 swoopy curves of the 8th edition design, anyway.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Was anything significant ever made out of Allies from the Zendikar block? Are there any popular Ally designs?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Revitalized posted:

Was anything significant ever made out of Allies from the Zendikar block? Are there any popular Ally designs?

There was a really fun RW allies deck but I don't think you could have even called it tier 2.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

mango sentinel posted:

There was a really fun RW allies deck but I don't think you could have even called it tier 2.

There was a tier 2 allies deck when they were in Standard with Shards block. I think it was Naya colors.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Brownhat posted:

There was a tier 2 allies deck when they were in Standard with Shards block. I think it was Naya colors.

It was really fun and had allies cascading in with violent outburst + bloodbraid. Like everything else it lost to jund.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

OssiansFolly posted:

It's there on the old frame. It's just that the new frame draws attention to it by having the two sides curve in in the same way, causing one to end further up on the card than the other.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

There was a pretty fun Bant Allies-Pod deck in Zendikar-Scars, but like everything else, it lost to Caw-Blade.

Man, Standard got a LOT better recently. :unsmith:

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

Chill la Chill posted:

It was really fun and had allies cascading in with violent outburst + bloodbraid. Like everything else it lost to jund.

Not always, since it had much better mana than Jund. However, it lost hard to Day of Judgement.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Revitalized posted:

After listening to Maro's podcasts on Zendikar cards I'm pretty sure Heroic and Constellation are both better realized implementations of the actual mechanics behind Allies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

UberJew posted:

After listening to Maro's podcasts on Zendikar cards I'm pretty sure Heroic and Constellation are both better realized implementations of the actual mechanics behind Allies.

I was pretty sure Allies was supposed to be a tweak on slivers but wasn't tuned properly (or was, depending on how you look at it).

• Locked thread