Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So is Lasogga any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

ephex posted:

ok so i made a thing

:D

payback

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.
So, uh, Darmstadt just scored to make it 3-1 in the second leg against Arminia Bielefeld and put it 4-4 in aggregate.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

SporkOfTruth posted:

So, uh, Darmstadt just scored to make it 3-1 in the second leg against Arminia Bielefeld and put it 4-4 in aggregate.

poo poo thanks for that, I skipped the game assuming Bielefeld was through. Gonna turn on the stream.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

jfc Darmstadt had the 4-1 right in front of them like 3 times in the last 10 minutes

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.
Darmstadt has basically looked unstoppable since they exchanged goals in the 51st and 53rd minutes.

e: Also, Bielefeld have gotten away with two pretty obvious handballs in the box in the last 20 minutes.

e2: aw piss, Bielefeld score in the 109th minute.

e3: DARMSTADT SCORES AGAIN IN THE 122ND! WE'RE TIED ON AGGREGATE AGAIN!

SporkOfTruth fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 19, 2014

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

SporkOfTruth posted:

e3: DARMSTADT SCORES AGAIN IN THE 122ND! WE'RE TIED ON AGGREGATE AGAIN!

Darmstadt's going through on away goals, brother.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.

Katana Gomai posted:

Darmstadt's going through on away goals, brother.

Haha, I just realized that. Even better. Welcome back to the 2. Bundesliga, Darmstadt 98!

The stream I was watching cut out just as the last Bielefeld attack headed towards the net, so I had to scramble to figure out what the gently caress.

SporkOfTruth fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 19, 2014

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Wtf Bielefeld, I was convinced Darmstadt was garbage. Why oh why could we not be in this relegation :(

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Just saw a bit on TV about the flood in Bosnia and Mandzukic is right in the middle of it. Realpost, that's a good lad. Lotta respect for that.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Katana Gomai posted:

Just saw a bit on TV about the flood in Bosnia and Mandzukic is right in the middle of it. Realpost, that's a good lad. Lotta respect for that.

I wish he would stay in the bundesliga, maybe play for Dortmund and score all the goals in a sick reversal of fortune.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Management news:

Thomas Tuchel is no longer managing Mainz as of last week, both sides agreed to dissolve the contract and Tuchel is free to roam (though transfer fees apply if he goes to a club before summer 2015).

Also Schaaf will be managing Eintracht Frankfurt according to Kicker.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Healbot posted:

Also Schaaf will be managing Eintracht Frankfurt according to Kicker.

Also according to Eintracht Frankfurt:

http://www.eintracht.de/aktuell/45719/

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Holy moly, I thought it'd take until friday.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Heh, Bernd Schuster was practically begging for that job.

Good deal for Frankfurt though. I hope they're ready to concede All The Goals though.

Also, Calhanoglu has stated that he wants to join Leverkusen.

Dunban fucked around with this message at 11:02 on May 21, 2014

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Dunban posted:

Also, Calhanoglu has stated that he wants to join Leverkusen.

Leverkusen's only a stepping stone to world domination it seems. How can a person be so full of himself after this season? He sucked in both relegation matches and still thinks he's made for something better? Of course he's a nice player, but take it down a notch, will you "Prinz Hakan"?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Reminder that he just extended his contract with Hamburg a couple of months ago, getting rid of a buy-out clause.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Çalhanoğlu, the Righteous posted:

Ich möchte noch lange für den Verein in der Bundesliga spielen und in den kommenden Jahren zu einem festen Bestandteil der Mannschaft werden. In unserer schweren Situation möchte ich auch ein Zeichen setzen.

Çalhanoğlu, the Honest posted:

"Ich bin mit großer Hoffnung hierhergekommen", sagt Çalhanoğlu, "aber ich habe sie verloren." Sei ja auch alles nicht so schlimm, er bringe dem Klub ja eine hohe Ablösesumme ein.

I'm not even a fan and actually hoped HSV would get relegated (they deserved it and everybody knows) but :fuckoff:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

AlexF posted:

Leverkusen's only a stepping stone to world domination it seems. How can a person be so full of himself after this season?

I think many young professional footballers have to have this kinda unrealistic goals, otherwise they might get really lazy and complacent. It's probably really easy to get distracted from trying to improve yourself as a young player when you already have celebrity status in your home town and earn more than all your family combined at 20.

I sometimes read interviews with young players in 3.Liga or whatever who say they want to play in the national team one day and be in a top club in the Bundesliga etc and everyone that has seen them play knows it's just a pipe dream. But it is a real good motivation and sometimes players even improve a lot kinda unexpectedly so idk keep dreamin I guess.

And then there's that point in the mid 20s when a player has to get real and accept mabye he is not good enough to play Bundesliga...

Edit: haha these quotes though :D

elbkaida fucked around with this message at 11:52 on May 21, 2014

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

WM Kicktipp, yay or nay?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Sure, why not.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
This is gonna be the year.

If you don't tipp Germany to win every game you're probably a terrible person btw.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 21, 2014

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Just thinking about a possible starting XI:

Neuer
Lahm - Boateng - Hummels - Schmelzer
Kroos - Schweinsteiger(Khedira?)
Özil - Müller - Reus
Klose/Schürrle

What do you guys think? Sounds pretty good in offense, but in defense there is a CB pairing where both partners are prone to the odd gently caress-up, which might be enough to lose a semifinal or final match.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Tippen der kicken ja! (sign up if you wanna play). Maybe we should pimp this one in the WC2014 thread/subforum/whatever, whenever that happens.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

elbkaida posted:

Just thinking about a possible starting XI:

Neuer
Lahm - Boateng - Hummels - Schmelzer
Kroos - Schweinsteiger(Khedira?)
Özil - Müller - Reus
Klose/Schürrle

What do you guys think? Sounds pretty good in offense, but in defense there is a CB pairing where both partners are prone to the odd gently caress-up, which might be enough to lose a semifinal or final match.

Lahm and Neuer are injured :ohdear:

It seems Lahm is set to begin full training at the end of next week, but Neuer's injury might be more serious. I don't like this at all.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
They aren't injured for the WC as far as I know, it's not anything serious.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Even in top shape, semifinals are a pipedream. The game has evolved in the last decade, Yogi has not.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Katana Gomai posted:

Even in top shape, semifinals are a pipedream. The game has evolved in the last decade, Yogi has not.

No shut up, this is The Year.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Katana Gomai posted:

If you look at the bracket, the semis are probably the first time our team will come up against an opponent that I would really expect to beat us. Until then it's teams like Belgium/Russia/Korea (1/8) and France/Switzerland/Bosnia (1/4). Definitely possible to win there.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Uh Belgium has a stupidly good team right now though so I wouldn't write them off.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

This team could make it to the finals despite Löws insistence on nominating crocks. As long as Italy crashes out in the group stage.

Katana Gomai posted:

That's supposing other teams have developed at all during the last couple of years which, as it turns out, is patently untrue.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Well, Spain has a striker now so that's pretty different.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

hopterque posted:

Well, Spain has a striker now so that's pretty different.

Costa is a trophy striker just like Torres, another human victory cigar to sub on when the opposition has been demoralised sufficiently.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

AlexF posted:

I'm not even a fan and actually hoped HSV would get relegated (they deserved it and everybody knows) but :fuckoff:

hehehe

quote:

Karl Gernandt, designierter Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender der Hamburger nach einer möglichen Umsetzung der Reforminitiative HSVPlus, geißelte Calhanoglus Verhalten, öffentlich einen Wechsel einzufordern.
"Wozu machen wir Verträge, wenn acht Wochen später alles wieder Schall und Rauch ist?", sagte der Vertraute des HSV-Mäzens Klaus-Michael Kühne der Hamburger Morgenpost: "Das ist eine charakterliche Schweinerei, es klingt nach einem unerzogenen Jungen."

So ein Schlingel, der Hakan :D

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
When are the fixtures for next season due out? Mid-June as with last year?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

ICHIBAHN posted:

When are the fixtures for next season due out? Mid-June as with last year?

yeah

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I was halfway done with the Germany thread when my PC bluescreened on me and now I have nothing. :negative:

Someone else do it before I kill myself tia.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
If I make it it's just gonna say Germany: We are the best and we're gonna win and nobody wants that.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Healbot posted:

I was halfway done with the Germany thread when my PC bluescreened on me and now I have nothing. :negative:

Someone else do it before I kill myself tia.

Try posting itt and beneath the post window thing might be a text about a previous post and there you could click on append and maybe it's all there again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

ephex posted:

Try posting itt and beneath the post window thing might be a text about a previous post and there you could click on append and maybe it's all there again

Suicide averted for now (thank you!).

• Locked thread