Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Yeah, he's not BSing about that. A few years ago he put that the promoter must pay Gary Goodridge $500 into his contract at least once, and nobody would have known if Goodridge didn't thank him in public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

While I consider Bob Sapp more of an entertainer than a fighter, he seems like a pretty cool dude.

And smart to not become Gary Goodridge...poor dude...

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
That quote on accountability is like the PhD version of "The enemy is the inner me" Kimboism. Good for Sapp.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bob Sapp is the best.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
from reddit: amateur mma fight ends when a fighter stops wanting to beat the poo poo out of a guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyBZQlJ8VeA

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vinny Magalhaes is going to fight Jason Brilz for the inaugural titanFC LHW belt.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Bob Sapp is kind of a cruel joke of a fighter, but probably not coincidentally that's better financial planning than 99% of fighters.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Vinny Magalhaes is going to fight Jason Brilz for the inaugural titanFC LHW belt.

This isn't a sentence I thought I'd come up with in my life, but man, Jason Brilz is gonna fuckin' kill that dude.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

Cage Warriors Fighting Championship can today confirm that it has signed a terrestrial TV deal with British broadcaster Channel 4.

I'm told by some UK guy that Channel 4 is an actual real channel and not Fuel TV w/ shittier teeth so good job for CWFC

They also implemented a 60% purse penalty to fighters that miss weight

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yuriy posted:

I'm told by some UK guy that Channel 4 is an actual real channel and not Fuel TV w/ shittier teeth so good job for CWFC

Paul Daley gonna be eating lots of ramen after his next fight, then.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Marching Powder posted:

from reddit: amateur mma fight ends when a fighter stops wanting to beat the poo poo out of a guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyBZQlJ8VeA
This is pretty cool. It was clear that the main outcome of this would be brain damage for the guy getting beaten up. It's amateur, they're not getting paid, and the real outcome isn't in doubt. A Good Fighter.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

mike_hackler posted:

Mirko CroCop meets Satoshi Ishii in Inoki Genome Fight this summer.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Yuriy posted:

gently caress yes. Channel 4 is the equivalent of a major network channel in the US, albeit not the biggest. I don't understand why they're not showing live fights, which would be unique in the UK (proper channels) due to UFC/Bellator/WSOF timezone problems.

Cagewarriors was the most professional UK promotion for a long time despite being smaller than CageRage, and has played host to some greats fights in the past, including Dan Hardy vs. my BJJ instructor.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I love that because it is in IGF I have no clue if it will be a work or not. I imagine it won't be.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

I love that because it is in IGF I have no clue if it will be a work or not. I imagine it won't be.

it doesn't matter because it will be 15 minutes of awkward fumbling and then Ishii wins.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

I was honestly kind of conflicted regarding whether to post it in here or go see if there's a general puroresu thread

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
is the band playing dun dun dun or dumb dumb dumb

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fatherdog posted:

I was honestly kind of conflicted regarding whether to post it in here or go see if there's a general puroresu thread

I wanted to post the news that Aerts is making 25K per pro wrestling match but had no idea if it should be there, here or in the kickboxing thread. IGF is a magical place.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Fight of the century is off again

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/21/5739362/jake-shields-out-of-wsof-debut-fight-against-jon-fitch-due-to-injury

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

There is no god.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

I asked the guy who FatherDog quoted

quote:

@mike_hackler 2h
@YMazyar It's their MMA promotion so it's legit. Not a puro event.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Man, I love OneFC but I feel robbed of a potential Fitch/Askren fight right now

Senor P.
Mar 27, 2006
I MUST TELL YOU HOW PEOPLE CARE ABOUT STUFF I DONT AND BE A COMPLETE CUNT ABOUT IT

Grifter posted:

This is pretty cool. It was clear that the main outcome of this would be brain damage for the guy getting beaten up. It's amateur, they're not getting paid, and the real outcome isn't in doubt. A Good Fighter.

I disagree (And I say this as a hobbyist)

I don't feel the amateur athletes are at any risk of brain damage or even injury.

One one hand the video seems in favor of the guy in the white trunks.

However here are some other points:
1. We're only seeing a few limited clips of the video.
2. This stops in the first round, after 2 minutes.
3. The defending guy in black trunks does not appear to take any really heavy hits. Except maybe the hit at 21s in the youtube video. Even then, he does not stagger like he has been momentarily knocked out.

Now that isn't to say the guy in black trunks is without fault. He does do something dumb, twice, turning away exposing his back to his opponent. But this is an amateur event, dumb poo poo happens. He walks it off and gets back in there, and his opponent lets him do this.

Now if the guy in black trunks spent the whole time covering up and defending or walked away repeatedly, I could understand the guy in white just going 'gently caress it'.

I think the statement them getting seriously injured or going to the hospital in this specific instance, is overstated.

If the guy in white trunks wanted to end this 'gracefully' he should have just choked the guy out. Or just pecked away at him the second round with jabs and a simple combo and win by decision.

To me his actions end up with a bad taste for both of the athletes and his explanation does not make a whole lot of sense either.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Senor P. posted:

I disagree (And I say this as a hobbyist)

I don't feel the amateur athletes are at any risk of brain damage or even injury.

anyone else preparing to read that can stop right here

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Here's the full fight video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamWcOX4hfM

Dude gets taken down into mount within like 20 seconds (he does sweep soon after). There have certainly been worse beatings that have been allowed to continue.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Matt Riddle's facebook, according to BJPenn.com posted:

“So I’m pretty sure my wife cheated on me, she got a text last night from a guy named Gavin saying” hi sexy Lisa” then I made my wife call him and when she did he was acting like they knew each other, until she mentioned I was listening then he changed his tune said he doesn’t talk to married women, so I asked what the girl looked like and he described a brunette with fake boobs, which is my wife, she says nothing happened and that her friend got the number and texted him from her phone. I wanna believe her but I don’t and I work to hard to be treated like this” Phone Post 3.0

poor, poor matt riddle

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

poor, poor matt riddle

:(

nooooo

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I love that pro wrestling belts are defended in mma fights

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
good thing matt riddle smokes all that weed to keep him from beating his wife

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

good thing matt riddle smokes all that weed to keep him from beating his wife

Weed is to stop him beating his kids. His wife's safety will require percocets.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

LobsterMobster posted:

Here's the full fight video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamWcOX4hfM

Dude gets taken down into mount within like 20 seconds (he does sweep soon after). There have certainly been worse beatings that have been allowed to continue.

I dunno how it is in whatever state that is, but I'm pretty sure locally that amateur fights are stopped way quicker than any pro fight. Not that there was any turtle-ing or thing warranting a stoppage, but just saying that judging them on the same scale as a pro fight is a total misnomer.

(I think. I might be totally loving wrong)

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 22, 2014

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

LobsterMobster posted:

poor, poor matt riddle

tommy "gavin" wiseau has gone too far

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Solomonic posted:

Awesome.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Solomonic posted:

based on his striking i dont think matt riddle has the coordination to play catch nearly that well

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Marching Powder posted:

anyone else preparing to read that can stop right here

I should have taken that advice.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I bet even his wife can hit him with a counter shot as he whiffs 1-2's in her general direction.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Jon Fitch vs. Josh Burkman 3 booked for WSOF 11

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Thompson isn't good enough for Bellator

U fuckin wot m8

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

fatherdog posted:

My favorite Rumina Sato anecdote is after getting his first professional loss against Joel Gerson, he flew to Canada specifically and solely for the purpose of entering the Canadian Jiujitu Championship tournament because Gerson was competing in it and he wanted his win back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbSQFvZRa9M

Forgot I had this - highlight of Sato's run thought the whole tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlPi9hpnlGU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

willie_dee posted:

U fuckin wot m8

Eric Prindle vs. James Thompson to headline Bealltor 121 June 6

Waffle Conspiracy fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 23, 2014