Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

crazyfish posted:

This looks pretty cool: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/433436998/brewjacket-immersion-lager-beer-without-a-refriger?ref=thanks

Expensive, but if space is at a serious premium, it might help you out.

That's...really not a bad idea. I'm tempted to build one of my own. A less professional looking one should be doable for less than fifty bucks plus spare parts. Threaded stainless rod, cork, flat plate, thermoelectrics, controller, old PC power supply/fan/heat sinks.

In fact, I've got enough drat thermoelectrics lying around that I could overbuild the heck out of it and make an immersion wort chiller...probably no way it tops just running water through copper, but might be worth looking into for sake of getting closer to or below ambient groundwater.

Anybody know where I could find a flat-walled 10 gallon cooking pot?

eviltastic fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

eviltastic posted:

That's...really not a bad idea. I'm tempted to build one of my own. A less professional looking one should be doable for less than fifty bucks plus spare parts. Threaded stainless rod, cork, flat plate, thermoelectrics, controller, old PC power supply/fan/heat sinks.

In fact, I've got enough drat thermoelectrics lying around that I could overbuild the heck out of it and make an immersion wort chiller...probably no way it tops just running water through copper, but might be worth looking into for sake of getting closer to or below ambient groundwater.

Anybody know where I could find a flat-walled 10 gallon cooking pot?

It seems really awesome, wish I had the know-how to build something like that.

Is there any other nice options for chilling that don't take a lot of space? I would get a modded freezer or whatever in a second if I had the space.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

crazyfish posted:

This looks pretty cool: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/433436998/brewjacket-immersion-lager-beer-without-a-refriger?ref=thanks

I wouldn't want to be a first adopter - I've noticed that everyplace that sells thermoelectic camping coolers has lots of expensive replacement parts on the shelf right next to them. Compare to a dorm fridge: honestly not much bigger than a fermenter at half the price, built to go ten years minimum with zero maintenance, and can get down to 32F in any environment. Fully enclosed and insulated TEC wine coolers and camping coolers can't do better than about 35-40F lower than ambient, with efficiency really bad at the cool end of the range. Might be okay for fermenting with lager yeasts but lagering itself works in timeframes of months near freezing.

Imaduck
Apr 16, 2007

the magnetorotational instability turns me on
The one thing that had me concerned about the BrewJacket was this:

BrewJacket posted:

...allowing you to achieve cold crash temps in the mid 30s in just a matter of days.
If it really chills that slowly, aren't you risking getting some off flavors early in the process?

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Imaduck posted:

The one thing that had me concerned about the BrewJacket was this:

If it really chills that slowly, aren't you risking getting some off flavors early in the process?

You don't typically drop down to cold crash temps early in the process. But still, ouch.

I personally found that a chest freezer doesn't take up nearly as much room as you might expect. My freezer has a floor footprint of about 3 carboys and will comfortably hold 2 fermenters plus storage for other random stuff like hops. I don't drink enough to make a bigger freezer worth it as a fermentation chamber (and of course they do make smaller chest freezers for the floor space constrained).

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Anybody have a good berliner recipe? Would like something with a nice "american style" tartness.

Jacobey000
Jul 17, 2005

We will be cruising at a speed of 55mph swiftly away from the twisted wreckage of my shattered life!

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Anybody have a good berliner recipe? Would like something with a nice "american style" tartness.

This is my go-to technique and link for sour mashes. Really comes out nice, you want something more sour? Let it sit longer. Don't forget, fermentation drops pH too. e: Forgot link: http://anarchylane.com/blog/?p=1442

Jacobey000 fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 22, 2014

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Here's mine, which is probably one of the best beers I've made. The recipe is straightforward but it's very process intensive.

Mash as usual, run off, and boil for a minute or two. Cool it down to 115ish and pitch the lacto. You're going to need a kettle with a lid because it needs to ferment for 4-5 days in the kettle before you boil it again. Try to keep the temperature around 115-120. You need it warm to speed up the souring process and keep any potential bad bugs from becoming active. It also helps if you have some way to flush the kettle with CO2. Insulate it as best you can if you don't have some kind of temperature controlled space.

From there it's business as usual. Boil for 15 minutes, chill, and ferment with your favorite clean ale yeast. I had a 4 day lag before fermentation started, probably from the low pH of the wort.

Mine came out pretty darn tart. Definitely more tart than Bell's Oarsman. It also had a really doughy kind of malt character which I liked but was too much for some people. I made some raspberry syrup for it too which completely hid the doughyness and balanced the tartness nicely.

internet celebrity fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 22, 2014

Cointelprofessional
Jul 2, 2007
Carrots: Make me an offer.

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I do extract, but I'll use 2# each of pilsner and wheat DME with 0.5 oz of low alpha hops like hersbrecker or hallertau. Boil for a while, then I add Some straight lactobacillus to it and put it next to a heater for a week, trying to get temps around 100 degrees. Then I pitch a Berliner mix to finish it out. If you want some more complexity, pitch some jolly pumpkin dregs.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
I'd been having issues getting US-05 to dry out a beer like I was accustomed to from when I started using it. Finally it took my most recent DIPA from 1.085 to 1.012 (with imo a decent amount of adjuncts). I credit my stirplate, a big starter, and a healthy dose of nutrient. Since I've built some non-awful pipeline, I also decided to try racking to secondary after a lengthy (for me, a lush) primary onto a bed of dry hops to squeeze out every last bit of goodness that I can.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Forgot to open up the airlock a couple times during this last cold crash. Opened up the freezer last night and one of my better bottles had taken on some Lovecraftian geometries. :cry:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

fullroundaction posted:

Forgot to open up the airlock a couple times during this last cold crash. Opened up the freezer last night and one of my better bottles had taken on some Lovecraftian geometries. :cry:

ooHHhh Pics please.

So... you wanna be a home brewer huh?
Well first you better learn a few things
First things first, Relax, uh, don't worry,
Second, uh,
USE A loving BLOWOFF TUBE

I had to search my pantry for the stopper and airlock. And a bunch of pots and pans need to be washed for no good reason. It's a strawberry Lemon JAOV in which I took must off to make more head space (going to add it later as a top off) to avoid this crap... Happened anyways,

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 22, 2014

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
Just put this beer in the keg and I'm really proud of it: http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/132190/next-level-hoppy-thing

First time doing purely whirlpool hops, none in the boil, and ended up being the first beer I got under 1.01 despite having 4.2% carapils and 5% crystal. The hops don't taste grassy at all and there's tons of flavor, which is good because I put 10oz in a 5 gallon batch. I might also dry hop it later.

My volumes are weird because I use a homemade spreadsheet to determine how much trub will be at the bottom of the kettle and I'd rather spend ~$4 extra on ingredients to not have to feel like I need to suck up the trub.

more falafel please posted:

Yeah, it looks like they're sending me a new one. They also basically said "don't submerse the cord in a mash", I wonder if that applies to wort as well.

Ohhhh I was assuming you had the "needle" probe. That one is waterproof, the other one is not. Basically any normal thermocouple will eventually crap out if you submerge them. I use the needle one for putting in a mash and the other one (with a clip) for boil and chill temperatures.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Feelin' good. My Belgian Dark Strong (brewed 3/23) is down to 1.010 FG, 11.68% abv, with 89% apparent attenuation. Theres some plum, slight clove, bread, some peppery alcohols, you cant really taste the alcohol at all, it comes across as spiciness. This one will get bottled and age for awhile, totally stoked.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Glottis posted:

Ohhhh I was assuming you had the "needle" probe. That one is waterproof, the other one is not. Basically any normal thermocouple will eventually crap out if you submerge them. I use the needle one for putting in a mash and the other one (with a clip) for boil and chill temperatures.

Oh, I do, that's why I was pissed. It's waterproof, but it's apparently not "wort-proof":

Tanner Wheadon, the Most Mormon Name Ever posted:

falafel,
I’m sorry to hear you are having problems with your Pro-Series Needle Probe. The immersible mini-handle/transition on your needle probe seals the probe against moisture and water. Other chemicals may or may not cause problems to the seal in the molded transition. Mash can have a very corrosive nature. I have placed a link to a website that has information about the corrosive nature of mash here. The probe itself can be immersed into the mash, but we do not recommend submersing the transition or silicone cable because of the corrosive nature of the mash. Your ChefAlarm will work perfectly for this application as long as the cable isn’t exposed to the mash. I will have a replacement probe tested and shipped to you today. Could you reply with the address you would like your replacement probe shipped to? Once I have this information, I will have the order processed. If you have any questions or need anything, please let me know.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

more falafel please posted:

Oh, I do, that's why I was pissed. It's waterproof, but it's apparently not "wort-proof":

Lame. I guess I should stop doing that with mine, or stick it in a plastic bag or something.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Glottis posted:

Lame. I guess I should stop doing that with mine, or stick it in a plastic bag or something.

The funny thing is I've never had a problem with it in the mash, only in the kettle during chilling. Last batch I just used the stock probe and didn't keep it in the kettle, just took readings every so often. That worked fine. When I get the new one they're sending me, I'll probably just keep using it in the tun but not submerge the cord, and only use it for a few seconds at a time in the kettle.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

crazyfish posted:

I've been sorta following this for a number of months now. Good to see they've gotten funded, and hopefully they can finally bring it to market.

To me, it seemed like a good way to do temp control on indivdual batches without having to get everything on the same schedule or throw off the serving temp on your kegs or whatever. If you only ever have one batch at a time that would needs specific temp control, than this should be cheaper than a dedicated fermenting fridge or freezer(unless they've raised the projected price since I last checked- edit: yeah, it looks like it's gone up quite a bit), but any more than that and you're probably better off with a temp controlled chest freezer(assuming you have the space).

I may or may not get one when they come out...I want to start doing lagers again, but I also want to get back into kegging, so I don't know...is what I would have said if it was still $200 or whatever it was originally. Now the freezer seems like the obvious choice, since you can do a lot more with it at once.

BLARGHLE fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 23, 2014

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
For those of you who watch or listen to the Basic Brewing video/podcast, I just had this painting commissioned to hang above my keg freezer:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152217326038401&set=a.10151704957173401.1073741832.247562328400&type=1

(linking to the artist's FB who just posted the finished product)

I'm so excited to put this up. Also getting drunk and paying random dudes on the internet to paint me stuff is apparently a thing I do now.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I still use Beer Smith and love it, but they really get on my nerves with their inflated pricing for what should be inexpensive products. First it was Cloud storage at a 1000% markup, and now they are going circa 1995 with $25 DVDs. What the hell?

http://tinyurl.com/q53ukgu

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I've always considered Beersmith to be a study in terrible UI and feature creep. There are about 6 billion buttons and menus and poo poo that I don't need or want. Brewtoad does all the stuff I need although I'm waiting for them to paywall more stuff behind "Brewtoad Pro"

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
My only beef with Brewtoad is it gives you different OG/FG/IBU measurements sometimes depending on how you're viewing it (editing, public link, in a list, etc). As a web programmer I have to assume it's because they're rounding different numbers at different times depending on the page, but it's really frustrating to see "1.058 OG" while editing and then "1.060 OG" once it's saved (and not know which one is right).

Other than that I love it.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
My beef with brew-toad is lactose etc doesn't effect the gravity, other than that I like it. As far as #s. I NEVER hit my numbers so I don't care.

Jo3sh
Oct 19, 2002

Like all girls I love unicorns!

Syrinxx posted:

I've always considered Beersmith to be a study in terrible UI and feature creep. There are about 6 billion buttons and menus and poo poo that I don't need or want. Brewtoad does all the stuff I need although I'm waiting for them to paywall more stuff behind "Brewtoad Pro"

Even people I know who like Beersmith have issues with it. One of my brewing buddies tells me he has issues with different results depending on which computer he uses it on - he thinks there may be some wonkiness with the equipment profiles, although he hasn't been able to track it down so far. For me, the UI gave me the heebie-jeebies and I stuck with Hopville and now Brewtoad. I don't like the paywall either (and haven't bought the "Pro" service), but they have to do something to monetize the darn thing.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Oh and Brewtoad's Yeast db/search is suspiciously bad.

Jo3sh
Oct 19, 2002

I found it pretty frustrating when I input a custom hop profile and had to re-enter all the info for every time I wanted to use it. And they don't have GigaYeast in their db yet.

Jacobey000
Jul 17, 2005

We will be cruising at a speed of 55mph swiftly away from the twisted wreckage of my shattered life!
I've found brewtoad to give too wonky of estimates and have already been "living" in beersmith this long anyway.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Jacobey000 posted:

I've found brewtoad to give too wonky of estimates and have already been "living" in beersmith this long anyway.

I've been using Brewer's Friend and really like it. The main problem I have is that it doesn't allow me to calculate strike water the way I like to: I like to assume my mash tun is preheated, which BeerSmith lets me do by putting in a specific heat of 0. So I build my recipe in Brewer's Friend and then just put the grain weight in a recipe in BeerSmith to calculate strike volume/temp.

The main thing I like about Brewer's Friend is that I can work on it from multiple computers and my phone. The "cloud" stuff in BeerSmith is terrible, and it doesn't let you do any funnystuff like putting your folder in Dropbox.

ScaerCroe
Oct 6, 2006
IRRITANT
My last two Decoctions mashes have gone something like this:

Acid Rest: 95F
Protein Rest 130F
First Sach: Goal = 148, maybe hit 140F

So I rush and boil a bunch of the decoction hurriedly, and get it to mid-150s as a compromise. But its always that same rest that comes in way too low. I have used calculators, traditional 1 qts/pound of grain, whatever, but I always seem to miss .

Has anyone ever had this?

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

ScaerCroe posted:

My last two Decoctions mashes have gone something like this:

Acid Rest: 95F
Protein Rest 130F
First Sach: Goal = 148, maybe hit 140F

So I rush and boil a bunch of the decoction hurriedly, and get it to mid-150s as a compromise. But its always that same rest that comes in way too low. I have used calculators, traditional 1 qts/pound of grain, whatever, but I always seem to miss .

Has anyone ever had this?

Always. I usually pull about 20% more than I think I need just in case. Better too much than not enough.

Mayor Poopenmayer
Feb 15, 2006

Mayor of Pooptown
Just dumped in the whirlpool addition for this

Butterball Pale Ale (American Pale Ale)

Original Gravity (OG): 1.049 (°P): 12.1
Final Gravity (FG): 1.012 (°P): 3.1
Alcohol (ABV): 4.81 %
Colour (SRM): 9.6 (EBC): 18.9
Bitterness (IBU): 45.9 (Average - No Chill Adjusted)

87.21% Pale Ale Malt
4.84% Munich I
4.07% Torrified Wheat
3.88% Caraaroma

0.7 g/L Galaxy (14.8% Alpha) @ 40 Minutes (Boil)
0.4 g/L Citra (11.1% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Boil) Whirlpool addition
0.4 g/L Galaxy (14.8% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Boil) Whirlpool addition
0.4 g/L Citra (11.1% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Aroma) Cube addition
0.4 g/L Galaxy (14.8% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Aroma) Cube addition
0.4 g/L Citra (11.1% Alpha) @ 5 Days (Dry Hop)
0.4 g/L Galaxy (14.8% Alpha) @ 5 Days (Dry Hop)

0.4 g/L Whirlfloc Tablet @ 10 Minutes (Boil)

Single step Infusion at 66°C for 60 Minutes. Boil for 60 Minutes

Fermented at 20°C with Safale US-05

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

Smashed my efficiency for the second time after a long run of 60-ish% efficiencies
was expecting 70% post boil but I hit 82%, so it should end up around 5.8% ABV
Also decided to up the dry hop amounts to 15g/15g instead of 10g/10g (too lazy to updated the recipe)
All Galaxy was super fresh first harvest pellets I won from Stone & Wood Brewery (they gave me 1kg), they smell AMAZING

Jo3sh
Oct 19, 2002

Early trip report on GigaYeast:

On 5/10, I grabbed a GoldPitch packet of their Vermont Ale yeast, aka Conan. I'm sure it was pretty fresh then, since my FLHBS had just brought it in. It's been sitting in my beer fridge since then, and today I made a starter with it. Yes, it's 200+ billion cells, but I'm pitching to ten gallons, so I wanted to step it up.

It's a foil pack like Wyeast (sort of), but it's not a smack-pack, just a lot of yeast. Squeezing the pouch, I could feel that the yeast had sedimented pretty well (I had stored the pouch upright), so I was careful to shake it up well before opening. I boiled up 1800mL of starter wort (180g DME, water to 1800mL), then added the yeast. Only a few hours later, it's active in the flask.

I'm brewing tomorrow, so I will report back on how quickly it takes off, how destructive the blowoff is, etc.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan
Hey, Marshmallow Blue, do you have links to your mead recipes? I'm planning on cooking up the other one you sent me next week, and I want to get at least one more small(or large) batch going at the same time.

Also, I only have either 1 gallon jugs or 5/6 gallon carboys or buckets, and currently no room to buy 3 gallon carboys. If I wanted to do 3 gallon batches of things, could I just fill the headspace in one of those other carboys with co2 to get around oxygenation issues?

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

BLARGHLE posted:

Hey, Marshmallow Blue, do you have links to your mead recipes? I'm planning on cooking up the other one you sent me next week, and I want to get at least one more small(or large) batch going at the same time.

Also, I only have either 1 gallon jugs or 5/6 gallon carboys or buckets, and currently no room to buy 3 gallon carboys. If I wanted to do 3 gallon batches of things, could I just fill the headspace in one of those other carboys with co2 to get around oxygenation issues?

I don't even think it's an issue without filling it with co2 yourself. I have made all my beer in 30 litre buckets and I make 15 litre batches, as soon as the yeast starts working, the heavier co2 is going to push that air out.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Anyone have a good Wit recipe they'd like to share? I'm doing one this weekend to split into a couple experiments and need a solid base to start with.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.

Toebone posted:

Anyone have a good Wit recipe they'd like to share? I'm doing one this weekend to split into a couple experiments and need a solid base to start with.

50% pils, 45% wheat, 5% oats. Coriander and orange peel. Amounts depend on if fresh or dried.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

BLARGHLE posted:

Yes, I'm on vacation at the moment but ill post it up when I'm back tomorrow or monday!

How is that bochet going?

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Sistergodiva posted:

I don't even think it's an issue without filling it with co2 yourself. I have made all my beer in 30 litre buckets and I make 15 litre batches, as soon as the yeast starts working, the heavier co2 is going to push that air out.

I think it's more of a problem when bulk aging or secondary fermenting with a lot of headspace. I don't know, the wine stuff I've read has all talked about leaving as little headspace as possible to avoid oxygenation.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Yes, I'm on vacation at the moment but ill post it up when I'm back tomorrow or monday!

How is that bochet going?

As far as I know it's plugging along just fine. I was going to take a sample to measure and taste earlier, but I got called out to make a honda key instead. Maybe I'll do then if/when I get home this evening...

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cointelprofessional posted:

Just siphon out the mold. Measure the gravity, then in a week or two measure again. If it remains the same, you shouldn't have to worry about gushers.

Ok done this, hopefully it will be fine! :)

Also bottling Jo3sh's recipe for a Best Bitter today (only change was the hops). Will report back in 3-4weeks Jo3sh on what I think, think it's going to be great!

Toebone posted:

Here is a strong wit recipe I've brewed before (I've scaled it down to 5gallons/19liters for you, normally do 40liters), tastes good!

code:
Recipe: Walter White's Wit
Brewer: Fluo
Style: Witbier
TYPE: All Grain

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size (fermenter): 19 l  (5 US Gallon) 
OG: 1.084 SG
Color: 4.8 SRM
IBU: 15.4 IBUs
Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amt                   Name                                     Type          #        %/IBU         
0.24 kg               Rice Hulls (0.0 SRM)                     Adjunct       1        3.2 %         
3.20 kg               Pilsen (Dingemans) (1.6 SRM)             Grain         2        45.2 %        
2.30 kg               Pale Wheat (Dingemans) (1.6 SRM)         Grain         3        32.5 %        
0.90 kg               Vienna Malt (Weyermann) (3.0 SRM)        Grain         4        12.7 %        
0.45 kg               Oats, Malted (Thomas Fawcett) (2.0 SRM)  Grain         5        6.4 %         
14.00 g               Perle [8.50 %] - Boil 90.0 min           Hop           6        12.8 IBUs               
20.00 g               Celeia [3.13 %] - Boil 5.0 min           Hop           8        1.3 IBUs      
20.00 g               Bobek (Styrian Golding B) [3.45 %] - Boi Hop           9        1.4 IBUs
12.50 g               Chamomile Flowers (Dried) (Boil 5.0 mins Herb          7        -         
28.00 g               Coriander Seed (Boil 5.0 mins)           Spice         10       -             
28.00 g          (Dry)Orange Peel, Bitter (Boil 5.0 mins)      Spice         11       -           
1.5   g               Grains of Paradise (Boil 5.0 mins)       Spice         12       -             
1.0 pkg               Belgian Golden Ale (White Labs #WLP570)  Yeast         13       -  
You can play around with the hops, any European low alpha for the last 5 minutes is good. Also throw a teaspoon of flour if you want the traditional starch haze. That base malt though is great and the IBU is kind of what you're aimming for. You can always scale it down if you want it to be weaker etc!

Edit: A friend linked me this, reminding me to never super overcarb beer:

Fluo fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Was wondering if anyone had a good base recipe for a pale ale? I'm getting my hands on quite abit of Sorachi Ace in wholeleaf form and pellets (will use the pellets to dryhop). But I don't think I have a tested base recipe yet for a hoppy pale ale, not an IPA type deal just 4-6% type recipe?