Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Alliance finished 14th. Time to redeem that sweet sweet single Nick Fury purple cover that might be used as an essential character node in PVE one day!

I was 26th for Season 1. Tried to make a push in the simulator to get into 25 and got crabbed the gently caress down to 29th. If it makes you feel any better we probably just missed out on 5 additional bagmen and moonstones!

You're probably right about getting nothing worthwhile anyway. The most useful thing I've gotten from any token recently is a blue Panther cover. I also got a blue IW for whatever that's worth.

Now we get to deal with Spider-Man becoming Bagman Sr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I ended up in the top 50 for S1. I guess I neglected training for the last couple weeks and didn't do well in the last 3 events. I hit 2200 this morning, but not enough to put me back in the top 25.

This is seriously worse than WoW. At least I can lay in bed and play it so I don't pull Wife aggro.

Gregorio
Aug 9, 2010
I put a 3 hour shield on KRAKADOOM! with 3 and a half hours to go, I was seasonally ranked 44 or something and had been top 50 the entire time...

I lost 199 points in that last half hour and ended up rank 51... that is heartbreaking :(

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

LorneReams posted:

I've sold so many Invisiable womens that I could probably have a maxed out one by now :(

As bizarre as it is you're actually more likely now to get a four star character from a heroic token than any individual three star. That means that if you can't rank high enough in events and just rely on tokens for advancement (which at this point is probably most of the playerbase), you're more likely to end up with a maxed four star character before you max out a three star. Seems very odd to me since four star characters are supposed to be super-rare and powerful.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Joshlemagne posted:

As bizarre as it is you're actually more likely now to get a four star character from a heroic token than any individual three star. That means that if you can't rank high enough in events and just rely on tokens for advancement (which at this point is probably most of the playerbase), you're more likely to end up with a maxed four star character before you max out a three star. Seems very odd to me since four star characters are supposed to be super-rare and powerful.

Given that they are neither, you mean?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Joshlemagne posted:

Seems very odd to me since four star characters are supposed to be super-rare and powerful.

Makes sense to me with the current trends. "Here have some lovely characters with high iso requirements! Dump tons of iso into them because 4 stars is more than 3!"

JBones
Aug 21, 2002
Spider nerf is in

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

JBones posted:

Spider nerf is in

What's the opinion on the guy? Still useful, or sell for boosted ISO?

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Bruceski posted:

The last time they nerfed dudes and offered boosted iso, they ran back to back (to back?) tournaments requiring the nerfed dudes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Still useful but not team crippling if you let him have blues.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

haha the whale tears are pretty awesome over at the official forums.

quote:

Thanx for crippling my game play method guys,I just felt the blunt of new spidey in PVE, got wiped.This move will probably singlehandly kill my addiction to MPQ along with my 8+ hours a day.Please change spidey back before its too late.Im 200ish days straight and would mourn as I start browsing the AppStore again, cuz im constantly leaving my amount of play tyme on chance,...

This guy plays a bejeweled game eight loving hours a day.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Syrinxx posted:

This guy plays a bejeweled game eight loving hours a day.

That would make him a casual player. :colbert:

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Bruceski posted:

I don't know is he still one of only two healers in the game and the only one that doesn't die to a stiff breeze?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Bruceski posted:

Now that he's "balanced" you're probably going to see more of him as tournament drops and possibly as the featured tournament hero.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

20 pack reward came through. Got Patch, Magneto and Steve Rogers. Also a red Rag that I cant use. The rest are 2* guys I maxed long ago.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

His healing is arguably better than it ever was, the only difference is now you can't sit behind a wall of stuns before doing it.

Despite his additional HP I think OBW is a superior healer now that he has virtually no stun ability. Her AP denial is better than protect tiles, and she's not competing for AP against direct damage abilities with her heal.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002
6 bagmen, a hulk I didn't need and a Loki was all I got in my 20 pack

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

SynthOrange posted:

20 pack reward came through. Got Patch, Magneto and Steve Rogers. Also a red Rag that I cant use. The rest are 2* guys I maxed long ago.

Only got a 4* Wolverine from my 5 Heroic cards.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

My 4 heroics gave me another Falcon yellow cover. I think the guy's really useful, but I have trouble slotting him into teams since everything else has usually gelled for me. His standing's kinda "if it were 4-person teams he'd be a great addon".

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Ghostlight posted:

His healing is arguably better than it ever was, the only difference is now you can't sit behind a wall of stuns before doing it.

Despite his additional HP I think OBW is a superior healer now that he has virtually no stun ability. Her AP denial is better than protect tiles, and she's not competing for AP against direct damage abilities with her heal.

OBW is still hard to replace since her match damage is higher than a maxed 3*, coupled with healing and AP stealing/lockdown.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I didn't get anything above a 2 star from my 10 pack. Isn't that swell? For a month's work you can get the same poo poo covers that you get from random matches. If this game didn't have Marvel involved, Season 1 would be the death knell for the game. Hopefully it will be Season 2. This game has truly reached 3D Realms-level developer idiocy.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

I got a blue spiderman and black psylock out of my 5 heroic covers. I'm tempted to try my roommate's strategy of waiting 10-15 days to join, he managed to get top 5 in his bracket with less points than I had for top 1500 in my bracket.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Not bad for my 10-pack plus 3 from my alliance rewards. I really wish IM was his yellow cover though.

Did they boost the sell price for Spider-Man? I only have one purple cover, and the sell price is 500 ISO for him.

Slowly transitioning to 3*; I got my Punisher to level 128 (his current max). The Hulk cover will let me push him to 128 too (only 51481 ISO!).

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 22, 2014

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

chrisf posted:

I got a blue spiderman and black psylock out of my 5 heroic covers. I'm tempted to try my roommate's strategy of waiting 10-15 days to join, he managed to get top 5 in his bracket with less points than I had for top 1500 in my bracket.

He also missed 4-6 tournaments (or 12-18 possible 3* covers, tons of iso, and HP). If you hate playing that might make sense to do but if that was the case why bother with the season at all?

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

He also missed 4-6 tournaments (or 12-18 possible 3* covers, tons of iso, and HP). If you hate playing that might make sense to do but if that was the case why bother with the season at all?

He plays on steam and was on a work trip for the start of the season, so it wasn't an intentional strategy on his part. I'm tempted to copy it because I'm assuming that the 3* rewards are going to be poo poo I don't need like loki/doom/rag/etc again this season, and I honestly don't care as much as people who are willing to spend cashmoney on shielding between every fight, and 25 days of using obw/punisher/forced char against obw/thor/forced char was tedious as gently caress after the first week.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sentry is dumb as a brick.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Seems people in my alliance are burning out as expected. Any effort goons want me to put in a good word for getting into a top 50 alliance for season 2?

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
First card I got out of 7 was an Invisible girl! Then came a bunch of moonstones and Modern Hawkeyes, with one Black Widow. Welp, back to the grind I guess.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

LOL nothing but 2*'s I don't need in my 10-pack. Welp...

As for the new Spidey, him being respeced at 5 yellow wil still be a good choice for prologue healing. As for taking him into combat though I feel an initial 1 turn stun for 5ap is too much. If the stuns went something like 2-3-4 he would still see some use. But 15 blue AP just for a 1-2-3 stu n means an end to Spideys reign of terror.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
6 heroic tokens and only got red IM40. :argh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spidey isnt the only person throwing web tiles around. I will have to test out how well Venom and Spidey work together now.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Sentry is dumb as a brick.

"Everyone else is EVIL and trying to use me? Sure I'll believe you people who are in no way villains known for manipulating others!"
Also how do you work on the same as Venom of all people.

You know people poo poo all over Moonstone but I kinda enjoy using her. I wanna say she's not that bad but I know better. I maxed Photon Blast through luck and it does good damage now with as little as 5 reds on the field.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
5 tokens: purple Modern Mags, Green M Storm, Red M Thor, Black Bullseye and a Bagman :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I agree that Moonstone is underrated. Her abilities are a bit of a wildcard. Her red can do minor or lethal damage. Her purple either throws damage or shuffles a tile around. Black can steal or stun. Her max hp used to be top tier, but all the new 3* guys have diluted it to the point that 5k hitpoints is 'average'

Gregorio
Aug 9, 2010

Largepotato posted:

6 heroic tokens and only got red IM40. :argh:

I got a daily reward + the 5 from coming 51st + 3 from alliance. I got a green punisher (already at 5) and a green hulk (already at 5). The rest were worthless 2 *s too.

Totally killing the vibe.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Seems people in my alliance are burning out as expected. Any effort goons want me to put in a good word for getting into a top 50 alliance for season 2?

We're losing a few too and there's only one deluded fool who thinks the devs actually know what they're doing and all is well. Thankfully, he's not leader.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
I'm really curious what their overall numbers look like now in terms of active players. It seems like a lot of people were toughing it out till the end of season 1 then jumping ship. Including me!

But before I go there's something I just gotta know: Is there some particular reason the Hulk is wearing what seems to be a robot diaper?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Maybe from this:
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100316163208/marveldatabase/images/9/90/World_War_Hulk_Vol_1_5_Variant.jpg

Look at Senty boy doing his sacrifice move.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Gamma-powered Irritable Bowel Syndrome is no joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
All SHIELD agents/lackeys apparently do modeling as their day jobs.