Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

He also once released a split album with GG Allin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Is the $25 GC deal still going on for this? If so someone send me an invite.

Edit: Got it.

Malt fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 21, 2014

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Malt posted:

Is the $25 GC deal still going on for this? If so someone send me an invite zwyant@gmail.com

If I can find my e-mail with the link, I will send.

E: Link found, and e-mail sent.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 21, 2014

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

TheJoker138 posted:

If I can find my e-mail with the link, I will send.

E: Link found, and e-mail sent.

Thank you!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Malt posted:

Thank you!

Thank YOU. Gonna buy me a retarded rasslin shirt with my gift card.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

TheJoker138 posted:

Thank YOU. Gonna buy me a retarded rasslin shirt with my gift card.

Let me know if you get your voucher. I think it didn't go through and I need to contact support.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Malt posted:

Let me know if you get your voucher. I think it didn't go through and I need to contact support.

Do they go through immediately, or does it take some time? That's the link they sent me to post on Facebook, not the e-mail one, but they should both work the same, right?

E: If you have to contact them, the e-mail I sent it from is the same one that I'm signed up to the network under. If you need more info from me just let me know via it.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 21, 2014

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

TheJoker138 posted:

Do they go through immediately, or does it take some time? That's the link they sent me to post on Facebook, not the e-mail one, but they should both work the same, right?

E: If you have to contact them, the e-mail I sent it from is the same one that I'm signed up to the network under. If you need more info from me just let me know via it.

Will do. Not sure on a time frame with it since there wasn't a mention of it before or after signing up. Which is why I'm wondering if it worked.

Hopefully their CS is decent if not.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Malt posted:

Will do. Not sure on a time frame with it since there wasn't a mention of it before or after signing up. Which is why I'm wondering if it worked.

Hopefully their CS is decent if not.

I just got my code.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Man, Vince sure does use the term "kisser" a lot in 1994. I don't I've ever heard him say "face" or "mouth."

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

TheJoker138 posted:

I just got my code.

Got mine too. Thanks again!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Certain terms like that and 'bread basket' you hear so often that you forget that they're really bizarre.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

flashy_mcflash posted:

Certain terms like that and 'bread basket' you hear so often that you forget that they're really bizarre.

I prefer the usage of "external occipital protuberance"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Bread basket is embedded into my vocabulary that I naturally say it when referring to the stomach and nobody understands what I'm talking about. I grew up thinking that was just a normal, every day alternative name for the stomach. I guess I was wrong.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Phenix Rising posted:

Bread basket is embedded into my vocabulary that I naturally say it when referring to the stomach and nobody understands what I'm talking about. I grew up thinking that was just a normal, every day alternative name for the stomach. I guess I was wrong.

I'll admit it, I call any move involving jumping off the top rope a 'high risk maneuver'. Thanks Vince.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Phenix Rising posted:

I use bread basket all the time. Also if someone gets hit in the mouth it's "right in the mush". But I don't remember if that's wrestling related.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

The American Dream posted:

I use bread basket all the time. Also if someone gets hit in the mouth it's "right in the mush". But I don't remember if that's wrestling related.

It's Dusty Rhodes related.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Phenix Rising posted:

It's kind of weird how quickly certain sayings can phase out even between one generation. I remember watching Hannibal a couple weeks ago and the preview's tagline was "Will he get his just desserts?" and a few people in the thread were asking what the hell that meant, while the rest of us :psyduck:ed that was even a question.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Phenix Rising posted:

It got used a lot in the Hardy Boys books.

Frank and Joe, not Matt and Jeff.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
He hit him in the grape basket

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

fatherdog posted:

It got used a lot in the Hardy Boys books.

Frank and Joe, not Matt and Jeff.

In retrospect, it's kind of amazing Russo never turned the Hardy Boyz into a tag team of detectives.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I enjoyed Countdown this week outside of the number 1 position.

Also I think that's about all I watch on the network atm outside of the ppvs. Still waiting for the Monday night wars to start up. Not too long now. :)

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

freeranger posted:

I enjoyed Countdown this week outside of the number 1 position.
Same here. Saw Jericho at 3, Taker at 2, and thought to myself "Who the hell had a more memorable debut?" Then the countdown stopped at Cena and I said "Oh go gently caress yourselves WWE" before closing the vid. Seriously, I know WWE loves to push Cena down our throats, but this just so drat blatant, cheap and ridiculous, just annoying.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Germansimp posted:

Same here. Saw Jericho at 3, Taker at 2, and thought to myself "Who the hell had a more memorable debut?" Then the countdown stopped at Cena and I said "Oh go gently caress yourselves WWE" before closing the vid. Seriously, I know WWE loves to push Cena down our throats, but this just so drat blatant, cheap and ridiculous, just annoying.

It boggles my mind that Jericho's epic debut somehow lost out to Cena coming out as a generic CAW and losing. While we're at it, how the hell did The Rock make the list?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If fan voting really did play into this, you probably had a bunch of people who were under 5 or not even born at the time of Rock's debut voting because they saw his name without any idea of how or when he debuted.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The Countdown list is actually just the 10 things they post on WWE.com and the fans vote just puts them in the order they came in. The number 1 is always miles ahead of everyone else.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Phenix Rising posted:

Pretty sure "bread basket" was supposed to refer to the solar plexus, not the stomach. I refer to it in daily conversation as "upper abdominal taint" and everyone seems to get it

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I was trying to think of notable WCW debuts they left off the list, and I can't think of one... most of them were somebody just showing up and putting on an nWo shirt. Maybe Lex Lugar could have worked, but

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The bread basket is your stomach, go look at a god drat copy of children's game Operation if you need any more help.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Mob posted:

The bread basket is your stomach, go look at a god drat copy of children's game Operation if you need any more help.

can confirm

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Astro7x posted:

can confirm

Not to get off topic, but "Mac repair tool"?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Traced the image back to an Operation themed cake. Must've been an injoke, there is an Apple multi function tool that they use for eeeeverything and I guess it slightly resembles that.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Astro7x posted:

I was trying to think of notable WCW debuts they left off the list, and I can't think of one... most of them were somebody just showing up and putting on an nWo shirt. Maybe Lex Lugar could have worked, but

Lugar, Giant, shock master.

Gotta say, flair showing up with the title on WWF tv should have been on there. You honestly can't make a bigger debut then that.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Countdown ruled but I probably would have reversed The Outsiders and Cena. The Outsiders debut was the spark for the madness of the Monday Night War and the nWo, so it felt kind of silly to have it at number 10.

I also felt like Jericho could have been number one. His debut was pretty great.

It's a bummer that they threw things like The Rock and Cena in there; their debuts weren't really that hot, they just turned into big stars.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I really wish they would stop ruining every episode of Countdown in the first 2 minutes with the clips.

Why do they do this? Who thinks it's a good idea?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I just watch it for the nostalgia. I can't believe people get this pissed.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

It's not anger more amusement at the relentless machine of WWE's "John Cena is literally the greatest thing to ever happen to wrestling" marketing.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It's fan voted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I've always thought Countdown was probably the worst thing on the entire network (aside from maybe Souled Out) because it feels like an infommercial.