Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
No parent has ever not been able to blab about their kids' silly crushes. Anyway it's clearly fine because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoH9iI-HYnk&t=5s

Parts Kit posted:

Morbi has pulled the plug on the comments for Poppy as they have been predictably terrible. This is a good thing.

Do I even want to know what this was about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Renaissance Robot posted:

Do I even want to know what this was about?

The last bad comment I remember amounted to someone saying they were quitting the comic because a fight was hardly a fight at all. As if every fight had to be as intense as a boss fight and last more than a couple of pages.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
There were a few here and there where it seemed like the people were stopping just short of saying they wanted to gently caress a character too. But that big stupid rear end slapfight was the most recent thing.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Operant posted:

We have a little more learning to do about just what is up with angels in the KSBD universe. For instance, it's best not to confuse an angel with their body :smug:.

I had a feeling he/she was something more than the body when it was kinda normal for him/her to crack through his/her body when agitated.

Guessing it still hurts, though.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Hey! There's a new episode of Crow Cillers up for free! Plus another one if you are supporting the patreon!

You should read Crow Cillers.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Well Alison if you had sent the full message I bet he would have made time in his schedule for you

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I've kinda lost interest in Derelict since the boat sunk and there's a city with all these people I don't really care about. I really dug the lonely, desperate feel the comic had and it lost it for me lately.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
http://www.octopuspie.com/2014-05-22/668-playing-the-tough-guy/

Will for God's sake SHUT UP

YOU'RE GOING TO GET loving FROGSTOMPED

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I've kinda lost interest in Derelict since the boat sunk and there's a city with all these people I don't really care about. I really dug the lonely, desperate feel the comic had and it lost it for me lately.
Haven't read it since the end of part one... feels kinda standalone, with the boat gone.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ironic Twist posted:

http://www.octopuspie.com/2014-05-22/668-playing-the-tough-guy/

Will for God's sake SHUT UP

YOU'RE GOING TO GET loving FROGSTOMPED

Will's employers are probably going to have some unkind words for the Bro Brigade if he gets out of this in one breathing piece.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Will has dug himself in a whole lot deeper, but wow, these guys are stupid to try and beat up a weed delivery boy and steal his product. Like, wow.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
http://www.astralaves.com/comics/255/

I'd like to think that the enemy pirate ship was going to challenge Pippa to some sort of silly game like roshambo or beer pong. Why must you always fight Pippa?

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Jackard posted:

Haven't read it since the end of part one... feels kinda standalone, with the boat gone.

I'm hoping now that we're following Dang around again there may be some momentum and I'm doubtful that she's likely to just live the rest of her life in Arbutus -- city life does not seem to suit her.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

RandomPauI posted:

http://www.astralaves.com/comics/255/

I'd like to think that the enemy pirate ship was going to challenge Pippa to some sort of silly game like roshambo or beer pong. Why must you always fight Pippa?

Maybe it was a contest to see who could wear the most fashionable earrings? Because that pirate guy has an edge but I think Pippa could pull out ahead if she tried.

Edit- Also, no one is going to mention how Blackheart totally just admitted to loving Goldenloin in a recent page of Nimona? I know it was obvious to most people but still.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 12:01 on May 24, 2014

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Zach Wiener just released one of his books in French. Boulet wrote the introduction and remade one of SMBC's cartoons.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That is a beautiful collaboration right there :allears:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Edit- Also, no one is going to mention how Blackheart totally just admitted to loving Goldenloin in a recent page of Nimona? I know it was obvious to most people but still.

I was half convinced he was just completely bitter and totally over him, but I was delighted to be wrong about that. Hopefully they'll end up repairing their relationship and nobody will die in the process. :ohdear:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Alopex posted:

Hopefully they'll end up repairing their relationship and nobody will die in the process. :ohdear:
More like

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I was thinking to myself that the current "Dang cringes" arc is getting a little tedious, but that's just the nature of weekly comics. It's why I hate finding a new comic with a nice archive and then catching up to find out its weekly.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

SlothfulCobra posted:

It kind of is unironically at points, like when it's doing Ayn Rand quotes.

Last I saw of the comic he was making more "I'm so great everyone is trying to keep me down because they're jealous" comics. This time he was misappropriating Jim Henson's words, who could not possibly deserve it less.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Alopex posted:

I was half convinced he was just completely bitter and totally over him, but I was delighted to be wrong about that. Hopefully they'll end up repairing their relationship and nobody will die in the process. :ohdear:

More like hopefully they won't. :unsmigghh:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
A thing of beauty:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I hate the song Rock Lobster with a passion but goddamn if that comic isn't a perfect creation :allears:

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Latest update proves Octopus Pie is the greatest comic ever made

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

snucks posted:

Latest update proves Octopus Pie is the greatest comic ever made

Here's the update on question.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
"STOP THAT WHITE DUDE!" is my new go-to phrase.

For all situations.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Not knowing the characters, all the characters being printer paper white made that strip slightly confusing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wittgen posted:

Not knowing the characters, all the characters being printer paper white made that strip slightly confusing.

I assumed that was the joke on top of the joke.

It made it even better.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Looks like Alison's roommate got impatient and left the scene in SFD.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I assumed that was the joke on top of the joke.

It made it even better.

It does work, doesn't it?

Regarding SFP, I think Alison's first normal friend is not a very good friend at all.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
I don't think I "get" OP.

Why are hamfisted moral messages good again

Ironic Twist fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 27, 2014

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Ironic Twist posted:

I don't think I "get" OP.

Why are hamfisted moral messages good again

The moral message is "Don't let yourself get distracted while beating up your drug dealer"

Or maybe it is going to end up "get paid before you send the whole situation to hell". Lord knows Will could use some learning

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fried Chicken posted:

Or maybe it is going to end up "get paid before you send the whole situation to hell". Lord knows Will could use some learning

Those guys were never going to pay him.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Jackard posted:

Looks like Alison's roommate got impatient and left the scene in SFP.

I like how Paladin looks right at the reader in the last panel.

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.

Wittgen posted:

P. Sure they're all supposed to be white dudes

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
For those keeping track, thunt is apparently going to a psychiatrist now so hopefully he'll be back to producing goon disapproved comics soon(ish).

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thunt (to psychiatrist): "I'm sad."

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

(source)

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

http://www.monster-pulse.com/

Mindflayer Deer.

What's up with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Wittgen posted:

Check your privilege.

The moral of OP is that Will doesn't need to be a hero. All he had to do was say "whatever" and never deal to those guys again (and spread the word that they're assholes) but now he's in a dick waving contest he can't win.

SoupyTwist fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 29, 2014

• Locked thread