Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Risket
Apr 3, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Jesus Christ, the "super amazing thing" is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmL8f24BGFE

To be honest, it's pretty hilarious.

Risket fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
Bryan Callen sure loves to educate.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

oh by the way

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
War of nutrition

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Joe eats pickles and watches fights with the guys. CRUNCH

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
Episode #500 with Doug Stanhope and Tom Rhodes was my favourite in a long time, mainly because Rhodes and Stanhope obviously get a kick out of winding Rogan up. Especially Stanhope, who basically says the kind of stuff this thread says about Joe and his hobbies. When Stanhope said Rogan was just like a plantation owner who owned his opening acts, Joe was literally speechless. It was loving hilarious. Much love to Doug Stanhope.

Edit: Kettlebell Boulevard.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

ZeroDays posted:

Episode #500 with Doug Stanhope and Tom Rhodes was my favourite in a long time, mainly because Rhodes and Stanhope obviously get a kick out of winding Rogan up. Especially Stanhope, who basically says the kind of stuff this thread says about Joe and his hobbies. When Stanhope said Rogan was just like a plantation owner who owned his opening acts, Joe was literally speechless. It was loving hilarious. Much love to Doug Stanhope.

Yep, it was a good one. For some reason I went into this episode thinking Doug wouldn't really be with it but he's about as quick as they come.

Also, I'm always amazed by how thrashed Tom can get and still be a great conversationalist.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

ZeroDays posted:

I know they go way back but for some reason Doug is the only guy who busts Rogan's balls on a regular basis without really giving any fucks. I remember getting a kick out of Stanhope calling him "peanut head" on the podcast shortly after Rogan finally shaved his head.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

Yeah, Rogan can't bring Stanhope to heel which he tends to do with other comedians on his plantation, and it's so refreshing to hear. He'll go places you can tell Rogan is uncomfortable with.

"How much are you worth?"

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

ZeroDays posted:

Yeah, Rogan can't bring Stanhope to heel which he tends to do with other comedians on his plantation, and it's so refreshing to hear. He'll go places you can tell Rogan is uncomfortable with.

"How much are you worth?"

Once you hear the awkward pause in conversation that happens every time Joe complains about rich people or 1%ers when a somebody is on who is aware of how well off he is, you will never not hear it.

It's especially easy to notice with his buddies like Duncan or Ari.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

A Keg posted:

Once you hear the awkward pause in conversation that happens every time Joe complains about rich people or 1%ers when a somebody is on who is aware of how well off he is, you will never not hear it.

It's especially easy to notice with his buddies like Duncan or Ari.

To be fair, Joe's fortune--and indeed, most of the fortunes of any celebrity--are drops in the pan to the actual richest 1%. I remember in Middle School actually learning about this wealth distribution and the rich were divided into three categories, which may as well have been "rich" "super rich" "holy loving balls rich".

Although it does get sort of annoying whenever Joe talks about how people should hunt and how he's taking a moral stance in taking control of his food and it's like "well yeah, you have millions of loving dollars you can spend on setting your mansion estate up with grass-fed cattle ranching and archery ranges. Us plebians have to be satisfied with dollar menus and convenience stores." I like the podcast, but there are times when I kind of wish that Joe put more of his money towards some of the high-minded concepts he pontificates about.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
The Joe Rogan Experience: the only podcast where experts in a field talk about fields completly outside of their expertise for 3 hours.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I enjoyed the Cenk episode.

Where have all the fringe crackpot guests gone? The last one I really remember was the guy who though HIV and AIDs were not connected. These guests tend to be my favorite, but seems like there is a lot less of them lately.

Joe always talks about being friends with Alex Jones, but as far as I know he has never appeared on the podcast.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Where have all the fringe crackpot guests gone? The last one I really remember was the guy who though HIV and AIDs were not connected. These guests tend to be my favorite, but seems like there is a lot less of them lately.

Joe always talks about being friends with Alex Jones, but as far as I know he has never appeared on the podcast.

Jones keeps refusing to go on, possibly because he's a insane charlatan old-fashioned fellow who doesn't trust Podcasts. I know Joe has even appearaed on his own show. He interviewed Doug Stanhope and concluded by naming him the Enemy.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Duncan Trussell is on like three times a month.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

He interviewed Doug Stanhope and concluded by naming him the Enemy.

I have to see this.

Is Doug Stanhope the closest thing we have to a truth-to-power jester comedian?

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

I agree he should do the podcast, but Joey Diaz and Rogan on Alex Jones' show is one of the classics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9p6jRHDZ0E

STOP WITH THE CUSSING COCKSUCKA I DON'T GIVE A FRENCHMEN'S gently caress

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Piquai Souban posted:

I have to see this.

Is Doug Stanhope the closest thing we have to a truth-to-power jester comedian?

Doug Stanhope is a relatively reasonable, if quite bleak, human being. Alex Jones is an insane man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk4-xeAvWqs

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin

Doug Stanhope is a relatively reasonable, if quite bleak, human being. Alex Jones is an insane man.

Wow, this is great. I always knew Jones was a little crazy but he is out of goddamn his mind.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Dip Facial posted:

Wow, this is great. I always knew Jones was a little crazy but he is out of goddamn his mind.

I actually remember when I first watched that video, I was off a big Rogan marathon and was thinking "Man, you know, if I'm getting into all this weird crackpot conspiracy poo poo, maybe I should listen to Alex Jones, I'll probably like him a lot now." And it takes...five minutes, maybe, tops, to figure out that he isn't just into conspiracies or fringe news, he's legitimately an insane person. When he starts getting on Stanhope about him not having children, my eyes just kept getting wider and wider. The world he thinks he lives in sounds like the most insanely stressful place.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

This is one of the greatest youtube videos I've ever seen.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

Holy poo poo, thank you for alerting me to this video's existence. I loving love Stanhope.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I'm only six minutes in and I'm enthralled.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Just letting you all know that Joey Diaz was on the latest Doug Loves Movies if you wanna hear Joey play some movie trivia games.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
The standhope alex jones thing was great.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin
Just finished listening to Doug Stanhope on Bert Kreischer's podcast and it's pretty loving great. I highly recommend it.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Dip Facial posted:

Just finished listening to Doug Stanhope on Bert Kreischer's podcast and it's pretty loving great. I highly recommend it.

Glad to hear! I've got both parts queued up for work tomorrow.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
The moment where you can essentially hear Doug decide whether or not to ruin Santa Claus for Bert's kid is pretty classic.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
It was worth listening to for Doug, but super-deep philosophical Bert is a bit much. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he was drunk, but every single thing has to be this profound and deep statement. Every story Doug tells is met with something like "That's such an defining moment in the mind of a comic..." He's taking on that Rogan-like thing of just blowing his own dumb mind with his own babble.

EDIT: At one point Bert says "Joey Diaz is one of the funniest human beings I've ever known." That's just straight-up stolen verbatim from Rogan. Really douchey.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 23, 2014

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
I hate Bert the way you guys hate Joe. Rogan has his things he goes back to over and over (which I really don't mind) and Bert has his: the Machine story, his wife and kids, the mancave, Travel Channel, Trip Flip, the documentary, and his book. For some reason Bert is infinitely more annoying to me.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Yeah Burts annoying as gently caress. I listened to the one where he had rogans buddhist buddy on there, bryan callen maybe? Amd they did a guided meditation, burts head exploded. It was so loving dumb.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
"There's guys like Rogan where you go 'you know a lot of poo poo, but I don't feel dumber than you though.'" - Doug Stanhope when referencing Mitch Hedberg while on Bert's podcast.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

I've never listened to Squirt Burt's podcast enough to be annoyed by him, so totally subscribing and starting with the Stanhope ep's because I've always liked him on the JRE. I have no doubt I'd be irritated by him if I listened to him as much as Rogan. The idea that...people are basically listening to a free-form conversation...y'know, people just talking without any rules...it's nutty poo poo man. Things are changing...the world is changing so loving fast. Imagine what it's like for kids today growing up with the internet. Can you imagine? Phwwwooof.

Edit: the only satellite podcast I've jumped to from the JRE that I've found thoroughly disappointing and hit unsubscribe with is Ari Shaffirs. Sweet loving Christ, Ari, don't try to interview people.

ZeroDays fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 22, 2014

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I listened to something woth redban last week, dysentery, awful. I do like fitzsimmons though. He rocks.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

Does Redban have his own podcast now? I'm not sure if you meant that, but you saying it reminds me of redban promoting his podcast on a JRE (I think?) a month or so back :confused:

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

ZeroDays posted:

Does Redban have his own podcast now? I'm not sure if you meant that, but you saying it reminds me of redban promoting his podcast on a JRE (I think?) a month or so back :confused:

I found it on my phone in the beyondpod app. Give me a minute and ill paste the feed link in here. I think it was some deathsquad link.

e- yeah, https://www.deathsquad.tv/feed/podcast

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin

always be closing posted:

I listened to something woth redban last week, dysentery, awful. I do like fitzsimmons though. He rocks.

+1

Dysentery is the absolute worst and Fitzsimmons is awesome.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Joe is so sick of Redban.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Lampsacus posted:

Joe is so sick of Redban.

Was there a recent flare up or something? I love me some drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

-Atom- posted:

Was there a recent flare up or something? I love me some drama.

No, the Internet just likes to come up with new reasons why Joe is actually hated by/hates his friends and podcast coworkers and guests and everybody in his life. You can see this clearly on the Joe Rogan subreddit, which I would never ever reccomend anybody actually go see because, my god.

I mean, unless they actually loving fight in the most recent episode, I haven't seen, but "Joe hates Redban" "Ari hates Joe"--this poo poo pops up all the drat time.