Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Steampunk iPhone posted:

It got shut down because some guy started talking about his fetish for cooking and eating women.

It got shut down because it had become such a hug box that when a guy started talking about his cannibalism fetish, instead of "WHAT THE gently caress SEEK HELP", the response was "Have you tried incorporating ham into your sexy time?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Wasn't there one guy in a recent mock thread who derailed the whole thing to drone on about his quicksand fetish?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I remember that one of the old Minecraft threads had a crazy fairy-torture-fetish guy in it.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

DoctorWhat posted:

I remember that one of the old Minecraft threads had a crazy fairy-torture-fetish guy in it.
I remember that too. I'd dig it up, but the archives and search don't seem to be working right now. :confused:

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

The kink thread was where Rooder got his favourite probation, IIRC.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
There was also the super creepy dude who used to post in Games and desperately attempt to incorporate his fetish for giant anime girls into everything like it was totally no big deal and not a creepy fetish of his at all. It was a lot of "Just posting this here update about the game I am making, it's a really cool concept about giant anime loli catgirls the size of godzilla wrestling." *insert awful screenshots of glass eyed terrorbeasts made in poser*

He alternated between feebly trying to defend it as some sort of "funny joke that doesn't give me boners" and ignoring pretty much every post people made and pretending that people really wanted updates about his awful project.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

El Estrago Bonito posted:

There was also the super creepy dude who used to post in Games and desperately attempt to incorporate his fetish for giant anime girls into everything like it was totally no big deal and not a creepy fetish of his at all. It was a lot of "Just posting this here update about the game I am making, it's a really cool concept about giant anime loli catgirls the size of godzilla wrestling." *insert awful screenshots of glass eyed terrorbeasts made in poser*

He alternated between feebly trying to defend it as some sort of "funny joke that doesn't give me boners" and ignoring pretty much every post people made and pretending that people really wanted updates about his awful project.

That guy still posts dumb poo poo on some Youtube videos of a guy I follow, and he has this really strong vendetta towards anime-style fighting games. Now that I think about it, though, I haven't seen him in a while. Probably mellowed out?

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

EDIT this is not Who Greenlighted

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

There was also that one time where the guy who created a FF6 hack that was played through bought up out of nowhere that he masturbates to MLP.

So yeah, Goons are hardly paragons of virtue.

purple_sammich
Feb 3, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

That was OddOne.

OddOne posted:

Never would've pegged SA as prudish on literature. Oh well.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

quote:

You called fairy torture fanfic that you wrote "literature". Let's pull up a chair for a Leper's Colony Book Club reading of some samplings of your "literature":

"Every now and then she’d get tired of standing there looking aggravated or puppy-eyed and would try something. Sometimes it was yelling in whatever language she spoke, other times it’d be some sort of physical effort, and I think she tried magic a time or two since fairies are known for that sort of thing. Still, there she was, standing in the center of the fishbowl, wings slowly opening and closing like an idling butterfly’s while she glared at me with arms crossed.

I quickly remove the injured, limp little cutie-pie and placed her spread-eagled onto my work surface. With some tweezers I wrap each limb with a thin piece of silicone rubber strip, at each wrist and ankle. Over that I center a small loop made from twisting a short length of Teflon-insulated #18 solid wire. This was high-dollar stuff -- interconnect wire for aerospace applications -- nothing but the best for my little cutie-pie. Each pigtail hanging from the twist before the loop went around a limb at least one complete turn, and where they met in the middle after a total of three passes I carefully bend the leads toward each other. Some quick wrist turning with two pairs of needle nose pliers twisted the wire shut around the limb in question. I snip off some of the excess wire, flatten the twisted portion against its limb, and apply a drop of cyanoacrylate glue to fuse the wire and silicone, which acts as padding, into one mass."

gently caress this I'm not posting anymore of it I hate you gently caress you don't come back

The rest is here if anyone wants it: http://pastebin.com/pDr5W7Az.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

purple_sammich posted:

That was OddOne.

Gee, thanks for that. When I mentioned that, I totally wanted to read all that again.

:negative:

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

Testekill posted:

There was also that one time where the guy who created a FF6 hack that was played through bought up out of nowhere that he masturbates to MLP.

So what makes most Goons better than Tropers? Is it because Goons usually grow out of their childish obsessions? Is it the cynicism?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Penny Paper posted:

So what makes most Goons better than Tropers? Is it because Goons usually grow out of their childish obsessions? Is it the cynicism?

Ten dollars.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Madre de dios.

So as a quick question are any of the "classic" tropers still on the site? Or have they all vanished by now?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Testekill posted:

In fairness, the guy was immediately banned for saying that.

EDIT: And that is the difference between us and TVTropes.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

FrozenVent posted:

It got shut down because it had become such a hug box that when a guy started talking about his cannibalism fetish, instead of "WHAT THE gently caress SEEK HELP", the response was "Have you tried incorporating ham into your sexy time?"

Wasn't that thread curated by Eggplant Wizard, even?

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Penny Paper posted:

We're heavily moderated. People are free to join either community. Something Awful is just willing to kick people back out.

purple_sammich
Feb 3, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

Gee, thanks for that. When I mentioned that, I totally wanted to read all that again.

You're welcome, buddy! :j:

It's worse than I remember, I kinda regret looking it up. :(

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Tyrannosaurus posted:

We're heavily moderated. People are free to join either community. Something Awful is just willing to kick people back out.

Well on SA, problem posters re-reg a million times before the mods get tired of them and permaban.

As opposed to TvT, where people get banned, then come back under obvious sockpuppets, and everyone pretends it isn't them for some reason.

Moderation is generally better overall though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Well on SA, problem posters re-reg a million times before the mods get tired of them and permaban.

As opposed to TvT, where people get banned, then come back under obvious sockpuppets, and everyone pretends it isn't them for some reason.

If I remember correctly FastEddie actually offered to let TheDarkEricDraven come back under a new name.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

WickedHate posted:

If I remember correctly FastEddie actually offered to let TheDarkEricDraven come back under a new name.

Yeah he totally did. It's weird.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Geek social fallacy #1 is one hell of a thing.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

Yes.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Which one was Draven, again? He doesn't appear to be in the OP.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

made of bees posted:

Attention whore pedophile.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

made of bees posted:

Someone who claimed to be a non practicing pedophile and an otherkin. They are apparently still active on tumblr and there's a lot of separate drama with them there.

Beat, drat.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 23, 2014

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Wasn't he such a tremendous attention whore that the old PYF Mock thread and previous TVT thread banned discussion of him because he was like a hosed up puppy—he loves it when you kick him, because at least he's getting attention?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

He also used to post at length about how this girl who sat next to him in math class was a reincarnation of a girl from his previous life in some kind of weird pseudo-egyptian fantasy world where she was his willing sex slave

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Alouicious posted:

He also used to post at length about how this girl who sat next to him in math class was a reincarnation of a girl from his previous life in some kind of weird pseudo-egyptian fantasy world where she was his willing sex slave

I want to say he was also a kobold wizard in this past life, fighting some war in China? Draven was either a seriously bored kid, extremely mentally ill, or both of the above.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
He believed that he fought for the Chinese monarchy in the Second Sino-Japanese War, yeah.

Somehow he wasn't aware of the Chinese monarch being a Japanese puppet at the time.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
They said their being a pedophile was a learned behavior, and they think the kobold and slave fantasies were parts of their mental illness. On the other hand, now they say they are a god and have separate past lives as fictional characters. So...improvement?

If nothing else they aren't involved with the toxic pit that is the TV Tropes community, so they can't get much worse.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

FrozenVent posted:

This story gets weirder every time I hear it. It was a bad set of threads, no lie, but like the cannibalism guy was like an obvious troll, as always comes up at end of life for bad threads like that. And that response was like, people obviously loving with him back.

It still had the same few jackasses basically advocating rape every ten pages or so and a few nazi uniform fetishists, so good riddance, but still.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
A fetish thread was always gonna lead to that kind of thing. I can't believe it was allowed at all.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

Calaveron posted:

EPW wrote some hosed up poo poo themselves.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

WickedHate posted:

They said their being a pedophile was a learned behavior, and they think the kobold and slave fantasies were parts of their mental illness. On the other hand, now they say they are a god and have separate past lives as fictional characters. So...improvement?

If nothing else they aren't involved with the toxic pit that is the TV Tropes community, so they can't get much worse.

That would be true, if he went to anywhere that wasn't tumblr, which is just as awful, maybe even a little worse.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
The worst thing about the fetish thread was that so many, like, 14 and 15 year olds were posting about sex stuff and interacting with actual adults.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

The Bee posted:

Suddenly I understand CM Punk's gimmick way more. Thanks TvTropes thread!

Punk's gimmick (and life) stems far more from the fact that from what snippets I've heard, his upbringing was absolutely horrific with him starving and scratching on with very little while his parents spent all their money to feed their addictions, and even now his family is a bunch of junkies and users who would gladly latch onto him and suck him dry if they could. To him, being straight edge is basically renouncing every single pile of poo poo he had to struggle to escape growing up.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Alouicious posted:

But it was alright, because he was sure he was a hero!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My favourite thing about DarkEricDraven was that when we first stumbled on his posts, people thought that he was one of the good ones. Then we found out. Oh, we found out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

My favourite thing about DarkEricDraven was that when we first stumbled on his posts, people thought that he was one of the good ones. Then we found out. Oh, we found out...

Didn't something like that happen to every troper goons thought was a good one?

• Locked thread