Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think you're mistaking "gleeful derision" for whining. It's bad in a really funny way and it is fun to mock the 12-year-old concept artists behind it.

Pretty sure most goons are going to post about deriding them and then J/O immediately after.

But hey how about MK8 coming out soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think you're mistaking "gleeful derision" for whining. It's bad in a really funny way and it is fun to mock the 12-year-old concept artists behind it.

Na its just whining, people have barely discussed the other 2 guys that where said to be bad guys or even Impa's cool new design. And when the game comes out nobody will care about boob lady.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Polo-Rican posted:

Without exaggeration it will probably be the worst Zelda game since the CD-i.

It's as much a Zelda game as Link's Crossbow Training was so I don't know why people are so mad.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Its gonna be Dynasty Warriors with Legend of Zelda characters.

Go buy one of the 15 or so core games, or Samurai Warriors, or Warriors Orochi which brings both timelines together to get an idea of what its gonna be like.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Alteisen posted:

Na its just whining, people have barely discussed the other 2 guys that where said to be bad guys or even Impa's cool new design. And when the game comes out nobody will care about boob lady.

I am very sorry that people are not being positive enough about a video game for you. I am sure it is very difficult to bear the cross of hearing others treat a Tecmo-Koei masterwork with such disrespect.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
my NNID is: knomess

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Widestancer posted:

People in this forum are okay with posting what practically amounts to lolicon and furry stuff but if you see actual boobs they freak out.

Different strokes :smuggo:

Widestancer posted:

Pretty sure most goons are going to post about deriding them and then J/O immediately after.

Maybe I've just always managed to post in the right places on SA, but I don't know what the gently caress this is. This isn't r/gaming or whatever.

Nobody here is mad at that character design, they're laughing at it. Because it's as tacky and stupid as it is completely in character for Team Ninja.

It's mostly just funny that Nintendo, true to form in never learning from their mistakes, has brought in Team Ninja to help gently caress up yet another iteration of a major Nintendo IP.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mandrel posted:

Maybe I've just always managed to post in the right places on SA

I think this is what's happened here. There is some really oddball fanart coming out of the LP section.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Alteisen posted:

There's 3 actually, one appears to be a sort of human Volvagia and the other seems to be a wizrobe or whatever they where called.

And holy poo poo, can people shut the gently caress up about the design already? I've never seen so much whining about something so utterly irrelevant.
Visual design does matter in video games, though. Like it's not the most important thing, surely, but it's in no way 'irrelevant'.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

IronicDongz posted:

Visual design does matter in video games, though. Like it's not the most important thing, surely, but it's in no way 'irrelevant'.

Lol okay man, I bet you're just about to j/o over the latest screenshots of MK8 or whatever though.

maxmandude
Apr 16, 2013

IronicDongz posted:

It does get ridiculous when you have 3 pages of people complaining solely about that while ignoring everything else.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Visual design is actually really important and a lovely visual style can instantly turn me off a game.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Edmund Honda posted:

Lol okay man, I bet you're just about to j/o over the latest screenshots of MK8 or whatever though.

Everyone I disagree with is a secret hypocrite, probably with a fedora.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

maxmandude posted:

It does get ridiculous when you have 3 pages of people complaining solely about that while ignoring everything else.

It was less than one page, and this is a 434 page thread about The Wii U Is Bad In Many Ways

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
What the gently caress is a "j/o"

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Jack off.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Suspicious Dish posted:

What the gently caress is a "j/o"

Well you see when a man loves an anime catgirl very much, he has some urges.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The main reason New Super Mario Brothers was bad was the boring art design, which they unfortunately didn't really change for SM3DWorld.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Shibawanko posted:

Visual design is actually really important and a lovely visual style can instantly turn me off a game.

So what games have lovely visual design and amazing gameplay that you are instantly turned off from?

:allears:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's not out of sync with a lot of female character designs in the zelda games but I wish they'd just put some fuckin clothes on, unless links also gonna run around with armor partially around he dick

shits like Kings Bounty cover art

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Mandrel posted:

Maybe I've just always managed to post in the right places on SA, but I don't know what the gently caress this is. This isn't r/gaming or whatever.

Nobody here is mad at that character design, they're laughing at it. Because it's as tacky and stupid as it is completely in character for Team Ninja.

It's mostly just funny that Nintendo, true to form in never learning from their mistakes, has brought in Team Ninja to help gently caress up yet another iteration of a major Nintendo IP.

Some people take their franchises very seriously it seems... Is it worse to have Hyrule Warriors than not have it at all? Apparently so. People want to give IPs to 3rd parties, but want the same quality of something made in house. You can't have it both ways. If we could find the quality elsewhere we wouldn't be as invested in Nintendos success.

I actually enjoyed Other M for what it was, a $5 bargain bin game. I don't consider the whole series tainted because of it. People will say "but it's canon!" To which I say stop taking your video games so drat seriously.

It's not like Hyrule Warriors is the new direction for the Zelda Franchise.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

The main reason New Super Mario Brothers was bad was the boring art design, which they unfortunately didn't really change for SM3DWorld.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Doesn't have the incredible visual design of classics like Mario Teaches Typing built off the SNES engine wouldn't touch it :smuggo:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Astro7x posted:

People want to give IPs to 3rd parties, but want the same quality of something made in house. You can't have it both ways. If we could find the quality elsewhere we wouldn't be as invested in Nintendos success.
This is some koolaid-rear end poo poo

Widestancer posted:

So what games have lovely visual design and amazing gameplay that you are instantly turned off from?

Minecraft maybe

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Widestancer posted:

From the top of my head: Super Meat Boy. Plays well and I get the idea behind it, but that "indie" style of characters where everything looks like a flash animation and with bland ironic cartoon violence irked me.

Also New Super Mario Bros. Perfectly playable, but it just blows.

Mass Effect probably has a pretty good story and passable gameplay but I just don't want to see another generic metal armored man walking through shiny spaceship corridors and meeting Star Trek aliens, it just made me not care.

Final Fantasy X might be the best game ever for all I know but I'll never play it because it just looks like another bland rear end JRPG set in a world based on one of those New Age paintings with dolphins.

Gears of War. Although that game also had bad gameplay, but that wasn't the reason I didn't like it.

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 23, 2014

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

You should not criticize Other M, since it is the type of game that is Supposed to be Bad.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Astro7x posted:

Some people take their franchises very seriously it seems... Is it worse to have Hyrule Warriors than not have it at all? Apparently so. People want to give IPs to 3rd parties, but want the same quality of something made in house. You can't have it both ways. If we could find the quality elsewhere we wouldn't be as invested in Nintendos success.

I actually enjoyed Other M for what it was, a $5 bargain bin game. I don't consider the whole series tainted because of it. People will say "but it's canon!" To which I say stop taking your video games so drat seriously.

It's not like Hyrule Warriors is the new direction for the Zelda Franchise.

Things go so much more deeper than one's self. I would argue that while you didn't care, many people did and it not like they are wrong to feel that way. I sometimes think and get frustrated that every single game seems to have a generic as gently caress white dude as the protagonist these days, but it is media. The media we consume actually does have power.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey Nintendo got on TV

You can probably guess what happens in the first 4 seconds.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hey Nintendo got on TV

You can probably guess what happens in the first 4 seconds.

That was as predictable and lazy as you promised.

John Oliver did it much better.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Ahah alright, that's just one scene though. I honestly love the game but I was talking about the first impression it makes. Most of the levels are just of the Super Mario 64 With Better Graphics variety and that's the impression I think it made on most people: another game in the series of NSMB Wii rather than the very different game it was underneath that style.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mandrel posted:

Nowt thats not fair, last time it was 100% Sakomotos fault.

That may be why they're pulling this poo poo now - they always get so much crap for the stuff in Other M, they figure they may as well screw up Zelda so people can see what their fuckups actually look like.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Fulchrum posted:

Nowt thats not fair, last time it was 100% Sakomotos fault.

That may be why they're pulling this poo poo now - they always get so much crap for the stuff in Other M, they figure they may as well screw up Zelda so people can see what their fuckups actually look like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BuVfeDhQHI

Team Ninja, everybody.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Sarchasm posted:

That was as predictable and lazy as you promised.

John Oliver did it much better.

So that's where togepi1125 got his commission money from.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm not sure if I hate or love 'TAKE A SUCK...', but I'm definitely never gonna touch that game.

e: also, as an example of visual design/looks in general mattering, I would not have played Okami, and would not have finished it once I started, if it wasn't for how that game looks. That is the biggest draw of that game, other than it being loving beautiful it's a pretty standard LoZ-ish thing with gimmicky brush stuff that's never very interesting.

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 23, 2014

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

that game isnt even made by team ninja...

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

"Hey, we may be a bunch of sexist pigs, but come on - even WE wouldn't have a character get scared of something she's already killed 5 times."

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Famous TV Dad posted:

that game isnt even made by team ninja...

They are part of the development team, but if you want, I can dig up the Ninja Gaiden games other than the 1st and 2nd.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Your Friend posted:

my NNID is: knomess

Do NOT support the Wii U in this thread. This is a safe place for people to make armchair critic statements like "they need to put Mario on a phone". If you don't like that, go post on Miiverse.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Nintendo should be Pyoro and Pyoro 2 on phones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

blackguy32 posted:

They are part of the development team, but if you want, I can dig up the Ninja Gaiden games other than the 1st and 2nd.

thats ok i am already familiar with good games Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden 2 for the Xbox and 360 respectively.

• Locked thread