Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Pretty sure that's from Planet of the Apes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

techknight posted:

X-Factor v1 #10

The only thing left is Magneto's ability to shape shift by manipulating the iron in his body. Unless of course that has already occurred. (I would not be surprised if it has.)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He stays alive so long by removing the bad negative ions from his body in a powerful display of pseudoscience and homeopathic medicine.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

SynthOrange posted:

GODZILLA VS. BARKLEY

I wish the internet were an easy thing to search in this day and age. I remember back when this was a thing there was a one page parody in the back of either Mad Magazine, or Cracked, back when that was a Mad knock-off. It has Barkley encounter Godzilla again, and he gives him crap for not having the sneakers still. So Godzilla roasts him with his atomic fire, and takes his.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

DisMafugga posted:

The only thing left is Magneto's ability to shape shift by manipulating the iron in his body. Unless of course that has already occurred. (I would not be surprised if it has.)

Isn't that how he does his levitating trick?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fried Chicken posted:

Isn't that how he does his levitating trick?

Pretty sure its because he has metal lining in his clothes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's actually done simply by extending his magnetic repulsor field and pushing the ground away from himself.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

muscles like this? posted:

Pretty sure its because he has metal lining in his clothes.
Full body wedgie.

One Punch Man.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

techknight posted:

Captain Britain (Marvel UK) v1 #11

Is it me, or is that Iron Jonah's pencil drawn mustache on that helmet?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Iron Man has nipples but Hulk doesn't. :psyduck:

I think Hulk's nipples are just vacationing on Iron Man's armor.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Say Nothing posted:

Full body wedgie.
We've gone beyond the wedgie and into the pinch Eric. The pinch.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
And now, puns.

Harley Quinn #6

(Also, I see Carl Reiner as Sy.)

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Ensign_Ricky posted:

And now, puns.

Harley Quinn #6

(Also, I see Carl Reiner as Sy.)

I don't get the third one. Cost an arm and a leg, bore you to tears, (your ebay's not offin?), bend em over

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yuri bathes not often.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I bought "Rat Queens" Volume 1 because of this thread. Goddamn that's a good book. There's a few things that are a little heavy handed, but it is definitely a fun read. Bring on volume 2!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

techknight posted:

Captain Britain (Marvel UK) v1 #11

From nipples being in the wrong place to a jew wishing me a merry christmas. This is sort of an inverted universe.

e- Im pretty sure black panther should be going for kwanzaa too.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

From nipples being in the wrong place to a jew wishing me a merry christmas. This is sort of an inverted universe.

I am hoping for a giant sized Christmas from the giant sized man thing.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bobkatt013 posted:

I am hoping for a giant sized Christmas from the giant sized man thing.

What if he's Jewish?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

prefect posted:

What if he's Jewish?

He'd probably be a giant sized circumsised man thing.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Cao Ni Ma posted:

He's not American, and nobody actually celebrates Kwanzaa.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

theflyingorc posted:

What if Man-Thing does?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

Nonsense.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Wait. The Thing is Jewish?

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
Yeah. It ties into one of the funny Marvel anachronisms (like Hell's Kitchen being frozen in the mid 70s). See, Yancy Street was supposed to be on the Lower East Side, and Thing led a gang of tough Jewish kids in his youth. Of course, thanks to the sliding time scale, this now would have happened in the late 90s, which is totally hilarious.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Who What Now posted:

He's been explicitly, canonically jewish for nearly fifteen years, and even before that he was a guy named Benjamin Jacob Grimm who grew up in Brooklyn in the 30's.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Who What Now posted:

Well, his FAMILY certainly is.

Wikipedia says he is and says it's been a more recent development of the character.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Ben, Kitty Pryde, and Magneto are the big three Jewish characters in comics, I think.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

CapnAndy posted:

Ben, Kitty Pryde, and Magneto are the big three Jewish characters in comics, I think.

Sounds like a new team book

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also apparently Sasquatch, Moon Knight, Wiccan (I think?), someone I don't recognize and a bunch of kids so the party looks less sad:

Apparently from Marvel Christmas Special

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Kalli posted:

Also apparently Sasquatch, Moon Knight, Wiccan (I think?), someone I don't recognize
Songbird, frequent Thunderbolt.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Songbird's Jewish? Huh. I wonder when that first came up.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I kinda figured Moon Knight woulda stopped attending Hanukkah parties after he snapped and started worshiping ancient Egyptian gods.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TwoPair posted:

I kinda figured Moon Knight woulda stopped attending Hanukkah parties after he snapped and started worshiping ancient Egyptian gods.

Moon Knight is kicked out when he wears a shirt saying Ramses Was Right

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Mr. Maltose posted:

Songbird's Jewish? Huh. I wonder when that first came up.

Probably right in that scene.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Kalli posted:

Also apparently Sasquatch, Moon Knight, Wiccan (I think?), someone I don't recognize and a bunch of kids so the party looks less sad:

Apparently Kitty Pride has phased all of her internal organs straight out of her body

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kalli posted:

So his name is "Wiccan", but he's not actually Wiccan?

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

prefect posted:

His name was chosen on the fly by teenagers. They were worried about people taking a gay hero named "Asgardian" the wrong way. Because they were teenagers.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

fatherdog posted:

He's been explicitly, canonically jewish for nearly fifteen years, and even before that he was a guy named Benjamin Jacob Grimm who grew up in Brooklyn in the 30's.

And created by Mr. Lieber and Mr. Kurtzberg...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

prefect posted:

He has magic powers but can't call himself Warlock, for obvious reasons. Also he used to call himself Asgardian (even though he's not) and his boyfriend called himself Hulkling (even though he's not either.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I believe the in-universe reason he changed his name was because he didn't want people to call him "rear end-Guardian" when they found out he was gay.

• Locked thread