Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Cardboard Box A posted:

Apparently Kitty Pride has phased all of her internal organs straight out of her body

I figure she doesn't have to remove them, she just phases them and then she can suck in more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Sefer posted:

I figure she doesn't have to remove them, she just phases them and then she can suck in more.

"Her Secret Trick to Weight Loss (Doctors HATE her!)"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There's a great bit where Thing apprehends somebody and binds them to a lightpole with another lightpole all bent up, and he offhandedly mentions discovering that Thing is Jewish. Ben asks if he has a problem with that, and the villain goes....

No, not at all, you just don't look it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Kalli posted:

Also apparently Sasquatch, Moon Knight, Wiccan (I think?), someone I don't recognize and a bunch of kids so the party looks less sad:

Apparently from Marvel Christmas Special

Man why is it that whenever there's a splash page like this with super heroes chillaxing there's always gotta be an rear end in a top hat showing off their superpowers when it's not really appropriate? Like I'm sure that if Spidey had been in there he'd been hanging upside down, and Wolverine would've been cutting his sandwich with his claws, and Iceman would be full ice chilling drinks or peeing ice cubes. Why can't they just casually stand or sit down and enjoy a quiet meal?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Calaveron posted:

Man why is it that whenever there's a splash page like this with super heroes chillaxing there's always gotta be an rear end in a top hat showing off their superpowers when it's not really appropriate? Like I'm sure that if Spidey had been in there he'd been hanging upside down, and Wolverine would've been cutting his sandwich with his claws, and Iceman would be full ice chilling drinks or peeing ice cubes. Why can't they just casually stand or sit down and enjoy a quiet meal?

For most heroes I would agree with you but you'd kind of expect Iceman to help out at a party. Or if it was about to rain at your BBQ and Storm was there you'd definitely be like "hey, a little help here?"

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Calaveron posted:

Because doing things more conveniently is human as hell. Why use utensils instead of just shoveling food with your hands, you showoff?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Lobok posted:

For most heroes I would agree with you but you'd kind of expect Iceman to help out at a party. Or if it was about to rain at your BBQ and Storm was there you'd definitely be like "hey, a little help here?"

Ok yeah Bobby would be the best guy at a party, but why do they gotta have that thunder guy lighting the menorah down there? What's wrong with using matches? Wouldn't using lightning bolts just immediately melt the ax? Why is Kitty just phasing through the table? She's just eating a snack and drinking from her dixie cup!

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
Songbird's name is Melissa Gold, and I may be remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure her being Jewish first came up during an awkward conversation in Thunderbolts about Zemo's dad being a Nazi.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Calaveron posted:

Ok yeah Bobby would be the best guy at a party, but why do they gotta have that thunder guy lighting the menorah down there?
Because he's a magic guy and they were guessing that not a lot of people would know who he is :)

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Hellboy summarizes:

As for parties, well, here's why. Here's a panel from USM 200:

Quick! Left to right. Who's at the party?

JLA splash panels of dinners at the satellite or whatever may have more 'normal' activity - JLI had plenty - but they also had distinctive appearances, even between artists.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also, even though he might not be Jewish you'd think Teddy would be there, seeing as how they're engaged and all.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

ronya posted:

Hellboy summarizes:

As for parties, well, here's why. Here's a panel from USM 200:

JLA splash panels of dinners at the satellite or whatever may have more 'normal' activity - JLI had plenty - but they also had distinctive appearances, even between artists.

That's not really fair since they're all in civilian clothes, while I could tell you who everyone in the Hanukkah celebration is without any flagrant displays of power.
(also because I stopped reading USM after Doc Ock showed up the first time)

CapnAndy posted:

Because he's a magic guy and they were guessing that not a lot of people would know who he is :)

He's dressed like a hobo with a Naruto headband. Something Awful doesn't exist in that universe so everyone would know that that guy has something magical going on.

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 23, 2014

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

ronya posted:

Not sure, not sure, but since that's Johnny Storm next I'm gonna guess Reed Richards and Sue Storm, Liz Allen, Jessica Drew, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane Watson, Aunt May, Kong, not sure, Miles Morales, Ganke or however you spell that I can't keep it straight.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
More importantly, that's a party about mourning Peter, it'd be really disrespectful to bust out the superpowered party tricks there.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CapnAndy posted:

Not sure, not sure, but since that's Johnny Storm next I'm gonna guess Reed Richards and Sue Storm, Liz Allen, Jessica Drew, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane Watson, Aunt May, Kong, not sure, Miles Morales, Ganke or however you spell that I can't keep it straight.

That is Bobby drake, Peter's female clone (Jessica Drew) and bombshell (original character) also you stopped reading issue 14 since that's when Doc Ock first appeared as a super villian

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The girl on the right between Kong and Miles is Kitty.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

That is Bobby drake, Peter's female clone (Jessica Drew) and bombshell (original character) also you stopped reading issue 14 since that's when Doc Ock first appeared as a super villian
That wasn't me who stopped reading, and oh yeah, Bobby Drake, duh. And I've got Jessica Drew on that list, so if I placed her wrong there's still a girl unaccounted for.

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded
Bobby, Liz, Johnny, Bombshell, Jessica, Gwen, MJ, May, Kong, Kitty, Miles and Ganke.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Calaveron posted:

That's not really fair since they're all in civilian clothes, while I could tell you who everyone in the Hanukkah celebration is without any flagrant displays of power.
(also because I stopped reading USM after Doc Ock showed up the first time)

Then who's the guy behind Wiccan?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The new Doop series has the best possible summary of the character for the recap page and it made me laugh

All New Doop #2

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Calaveron posted:

Well, I dunno. When you have a superpower I imagine you just think of it as part of you and not being a power you explicitly wield. Why walk around a table when you can walk through it? Why sit in a chair when you feel more comfortable sticking on a wall? That kinda thing.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Doop is just Slimer with a makeover.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There's a great bit where Thing apprehends somebody and binds them to a lightpole with another lightpole all bent up, and he offhandedly mentions discovering that Thing is Jewish. Ben asks if he has a problem with that, and the villain goes....

No, not at all, you just don't look it.

My favorite Thing-religion panel.

I don't know the issue number. :shobon:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Johnny Aztec posted:

Excuse me, Slimer has an onion-shaped head. Doop looks like a potato. Those are two entirely different root-based vegetables.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Phylodox posted:

Excuse me, Slimer has an onion-shaped head. Doop looks like a potato. Those are two entirely different root-based vegetables.

Objection! Ray Stantz clearly refers to Slimer as an "ugly little spud" after his first encounter. Onions are not spuds!

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

TwoPair posted:

The new Doop series has the best possible summary of the character for the recap page and it made me laugh

All New Doop #2

What's the story behind the X symbol on his lower front potato? Is it some sort of X-men suit specifically designed for a potato man? Or did he paint it on? (First time I am seeing Doop)

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

DisMafugga posted:

What's the story behind the X symbol on his lower front potato? Is it some sort of X-men suit specifically designed for a potato man? Or did he paint it on? (First time I am seeing Doop)

You're getting it wrong; the x-men are named after the natural shape on Doop's lower front potato.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

DisMafugga posted:

(First time I am seeing Doop)

Wait, so you don't know about the funk?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
I am really glad Doop exists because it lets them pull off gags well that would fall flat if delivered by, say, Deadpool.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Uthor posted:

or the league of Nazi bowlers? WATXM 17

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

or the league of Nazi bowlers? WATXM 17

Uthor posted:

Consider me informed, aware, and intrigued.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DisMafugga posted:

Consider me informed, aware, and intrigued.

You should get this and learn all about Doop, and X-force.

http://www.amazon.com/X-Statix-Omnibus-Peter-Milligan/dp/0785158448/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1400865184&sr=1-1&keywords=x-statix

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Oh. poo poo.

I had to grab my temples to keep my head from exploding.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Red posted:

Oh. poo poo.

I had to grab my temples to keep my head from exploding.

Well, just don't-

X-Force #123.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

Well, I dunno. When you have a superpower I imagine you just think of it as part of you and not being a power you explicitly wield. Why walk around a table when you can walk through it? Why sit in a chair when you feel more comfortable sticking on a wall? That kinda thing.
I'd be kinda skeeved out if Kitty phased through the plate of food I was about to eat. Like even if I knew there wasn't going to be any residue or anything it still just seems kind of disrespectful. Even more so if the table happened to be at rear end-height.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Residue, haha. "Hey Kitty, about your powers... Now, I've seen Ghostbusters and I have a couple questions."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Secret Avengers #3: Ladies and Gentlemen, meet the Secret Avengers:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TwoPair posted:

You are missing Maria Hill comment about clapping.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

TwoPair posted:

bobkatt013 posted:

You are missing Maria Hill comment about clapping.

Or Spider-Woman talking down a self-aware bomb from ending reality by promising it a caramel gelato. The whole goddamn issue is aces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
Hulk likes Galaxy Quest, it seems.

• Locked thread