Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
gently caress I was hoping Corbin would fall one more round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Zaphod Beeblebrox and Brian Dozier to battle for the starting 2B job

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

mynameisjohn posted:

Zaphod Beeblebrox and Brian Dozier to battle for the starting pitching job

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Brian Dozier is actually pretty good

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Poor Jurickson Profar, directly from being blocked by Elvis Andrus to being blocked by Jose Reyes. :smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is that "who the gently caress is Brian Dozier" thing a meme or do people just not follow baseball outside their team? I'd think it's probably hard to miss the guy that's on pace for 150 runs and a 40/40 season over a quarter of the way through the season (also plays Real Good defense).

That being said, liiiiiitle bit of a reach in this game.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
In my experiences with people who are not Twins fans, the general consensus on Brian Dozier is "Isn't he a terrible shortstop?" which baffles me.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
Who the gently caress is IcePhoenix?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

IcePhoenix posted:

Is that "who the gently caress is Brian Dozier" thing a meme or do people just not follow baseball outside their team? I'd think it's probably hard to miss the guy that's on pace for 150 runs and a 40/40 season over a quarter of the way through the season (also plays Real Good defense).

That being said, liiiiiitle bit of a reach in this game.

I was considering him for my next batch of picks, but yeah, little early for Killdozier.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Infidel Castro posted:

I was considering him for my next batch of picks, but yeah, little early for Killdozier.

Bull-Dozier*

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Really mad at the Orioles right now but I think I'm going to be happy with Seager. I hope he can play 2nd (I haven't really looked) in OOTP or else Napoli will need to dust off his catching mitt.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Jeff Samardzija has finally been taken. Why did it take so long?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jubs posted:

Because this is roughly the range he should have been taken (maybe a bit on the high side but not much) and you're letting his performance from this year cloud your judgement.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

Jubs posted:

He was on my small list still but PECOTA also hates him I do believe (I think I read this months ago??? maybe not)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Oh hey I made the first one of these. Sucks I missed out, but should be fun to see what team improbably owns in OOTP

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
I also have "Nick Punto" that I expected to be picked by my turn, but I will surely take him in a few picks when I think he is still going to be available!

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
Who the gently caress is Nick Punto?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

IcePhoenix posted:

Bull-Dozier*

Killdozier sounds way meaner, and therefore is better. :colbert:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Infidel Castro posted:

Killdozier sounds way meaner, and therefore is better. :colbert:

That's exactly why it's worse.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

IcePhoenix posted:

Because this is roughly the range he should have been taken (maybe a bit on the high side but not much) and you're letting his performance from this year cloud your judgement.

I think Samardzija compares pretty favorably to several other recent SP picks, but on the other hand I think pitching has been fairly over-represented thus far. So he probably shouldn't have been taken so high in an objective sense, but relative to the other players at his position being picked he's pretty good value.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mornacale posted:

I think Samardzija compares pretty favorably to several other recent SP picks, but on the other hand I think pitching has been fairly over-represented thus far. So he probably shouldn't have been taken so high in an objective sense, but relative to the other players at his position being picked he's pretty good value.

Yeah, that's a good way to put it.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

tadashi posted:

Cubs take

3B/2B (I think he can play 2nd?) Kyle Seager

Milwaukee is up!

My finely tuned plans....ruined :negative:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

THE RED MENACE posted:

My finely tuned plans....ruined :negative:

I was hoping Seager might last a while. I have a backup plan, but it is not as elegant.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Man, I really was thinking about Gomes with my next pick. I like Howie, too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

There are two specific Puntos I'm targeting with my next picks and all I have is the hope that they'll fall. :ohdear:

Good picks on the turn, though. I know Jubs is happy with the Kendrick one :v:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

I'm willing to trade up in this round (I'm drafting in 9 picks) and swap a couple picks at the back end of the draft if anyone is interested.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'm not really sure how I've been doing with my picks. But I'll take that they haven't been mentioned here to mean they aren't that bad.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

tadashi posted:

Really mad at the Orioles right now but I think I'm going to be happy with Seager. I hope he can play 2nd (I haven't really looked) in OOTP or else Napoli will need to dust off his catching mitt.

Kyle Seager was a 2nd basemen in the minors, it's actually his natural position. He only moved to 3rd because he was blocked at the time.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 23, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Seager's defense at 2B is fine.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

theacox (another non-PMer) has about 20 minutes to pick and then Tadashi's Cubs will be up.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Cubs have picked since Milwaukee's clock ran out so Baltimore and Milwaukee are up.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Good pick btw

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
The Cubs now have 75% of their infield staffed by third basemen. e: And a 1B playing catcher.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
gently caress there's a pretty good dropoff in 3B after Seager and Lawrie

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

THE RED MENACE posted:

gently caress there's a pretty good dropoff in 3B after Seager and Lawrie

Yeah there is :saddowns:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Brett Lawrie is an insanely sick pick. I was thinking about taking him in the third round before I moved up for Utley. He's a PECOTA god.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I love what some of you have done with your team pages

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

mynameisjohn posted:

Brett Lawrie is an insanely sick pick. I was thinking about taking him in the third round before I moved up for Utley. He's a PECOTA god.

This is offset by the increase in your team's Red Bull budget.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

I love what some of you have done with your team pages

Oh my loving lord the Cards' page.

I'm not used to St. Louis bringing joy to my life, mynameisjohn. Well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
Can you embed .gifs in a google spreadsheet?

...asking for a friend.

Yes, you can.

• Locked thread