Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
"Yoda steals a Death Star" might be the most badass sentence I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

smashpro1 posted:

"Yoda steals a Death Star" might be the most badass sentence I've ever seen.

It sounds like an amazing Empire Propaganda children's book.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
One Punch Man has a very sequential layout, making it easy to GIF.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Say Nothing posted:

My favorite part of these? The sound effects. They have mass, the "camera" rotates around them, they even cast shadows.

Murata is godly. :allears:

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Alacron posted:

My favorite part of these? The sound effects. They have mass, the "camera" rotates around them, they even cast shadows.

Murata is godly. :allears:

I was thinking the same thing. Can we get this guy some kind of award just for those?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Say Nothing posted:

I'm pretty darn sure that a lot of it is prototyped in a 3d program and then painted/drawn over, it's just way too perfect spatially for it to be totally done in the artist's head.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Flesh Forge posted:

I'm pretty darn sure that a lot of it is prototyped in a 3d program and then painted/drawn over, it's just way too perfect spatially for it to be totally done in the artist's head.

Murata streams from time to time and I don't think he does, since once he starts drawing he doesn't seem to have reference material nearby. He just starts sketching, though he does occasionally just scrap stuff and start over.

This one, for example, was originally drawn in a flipbook and just ported over to his draft pages.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm seriously freaking out at his line work. I can barely draw one straight line and he's doing loving magic with a pen. :stare:

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

Naw he's just an insane artist.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently he's going into animation work, which is no surprise at all.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Wait does that mean Onepunchman by him is over then?

Because if he's going for animation. Doing manga and animation would be just overkill.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Doing One Punch Man is already overkill.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

One Punch Man is pretty much keyframes for animation at this point, I don't see the problem.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
OPM already just seems to come out whenever they have a chapter ready so there might just be longer wait. Man if Murata was really going into animation I would literally kill someone for him to redo the Eyeshield 21 anime.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Senor Candle posted:

OPM already just seems to come out whenever they have a chapter ready so there might just be longer wait. Man if Murata was really going into animation I would literally kill someone for him to redo the Eyeshield 21 anime.

Nah. Let him work on something with better characters and less casual racism.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Soylentbits posted:

Nah. Let him work on something with better characters and less casual racism.

Eyeshield 21 had the best characters. Not going to dispute the casual racism thing, though.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Fuego Fish posted:

Eyeshield 21 had the best characters. Not going to dispute the casual racism thing, though.

At least you can't blame that on Murata! I'm also not sure if I would even consider it casual racism.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Senor Candle posted:

At least you can't blame that on Murata! I'm also not sure if I would even consider it casual racism.

Xenophobic ignorance, maybe? More "I have no idea what the gently caress I'm writing about but doing research would imply that I actually gave a poo poo about these foreigners."

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Fuego Fish posted:

Xenophobic ignorance, maybe? More "I have no idea what the gently caress I'm writing about but doing research would imply that I actually gave a poo poo about these foreigners."

I would say it is racist, I just wouldn't classify it as casual. We should probably stop this derail though!

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Lotta Japanese writers have that pop up in their work. Even in stuff that has no reason to, like One Piece. Sucks.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The reason is they live in a country with a shitton of racism and not a lot of cultural diversity.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Chinaman7000 posted:

Lotta Japanese writers have that pop up in their work. Even in stuff that has no reason to, like One Piece. Sucks.

That was actually a mistranslation. Sexism on the other hand...

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Ted Neifeh's Courtney Crumrin is also a pretty badass series of comics about a small girl who discovers that her uncle is a powerful warlock and she gets caught up in all sorts of complicated magical affairs involving dark underworld creatures.

The bad guys always assume that a small girl will be easy prey. This never goes well for them.

The series wrapped up last year and has been collected into graphic novels.

To distract from the racism chat, just wanted to say thanks for posting these. It's a pretty entertaining read so far, always a fan of witchcraft stories. It is getting kind of old how everything works out for her, but not enough to keep me from reading the next book.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Soylentbits posted:

That was actually a mistranslation. Sexism on the other hand...

How do you mistranslate Ussop's big ol' lips?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I feel like people are playing a game of telephone or something. Murata took a short break to study animation techniques. This does not mean he became an animator or quit OPM or whatever. It feels like there's been a long delay because there's a two week gap between chapters and he actually took down the last chapter to redraw it completely. Yes this does mean he is insane, but no he has not quit.

Vincent posted:

How do you mistranslate Ussop's big ol' lips?

Wait so people having big lips is racist? I thought people were talking about that one part in the Davy Back Fight arc (worse One Piece arc ever by the way).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

Wait so people having big lips is racist?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Are you fukken serious

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
This conversation is so Badass.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Senor Candle posted:

This conversation is so Badass.

I miss the old rules about "can't post without images in an panels thread"

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

Wait so people having big lips is racist? I thought people were talking about that one part in the Davy Back Fight arc (worse One Piece arc ever by the way).
Oda has said that Usopp is the equivalent of an "african" (yes, african, not kenyan or ghanaian or congolese) so the big lips are a stereotype.
Edit: I'm not trying to get all tumblr in here, it's just that the lip thing stands out.

Vincent fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 23, 2014

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
From Supergirl 31:

There's a creature massacring everyone with relative ease. Supergirl attacks him, but he immediately gets the upper hand. Then this happens.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Call him a Darkseid ripoff,but I've always liked Thanos. My first introduction to him was in Infinity Gauntlet, been hooked since. Here's a bit from the Thanos Quest where he's searching for the Infinity Gems, and discovers the In-Betweener holds the Soul Gem. He begins his mission (:siren:Spoilers, obviously:siren:):

He reaches the In-Betweener and dispatches with the guarding creatures. He and IB combine their might to destroy the force sphere IB is trapped in.

Breaching unimaginable reality-warping realms to backhand a cosmic entity is one of the most badass things one could do.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Matlock posted:

From Supergirl 31:

There's a creature massacring everyone with relative ease. Supergirl attacks him, but he immediately gets the upper hand. Then this happens.

What's with the costume Supergirl's got on?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
She's a Red Lantern now, I guess?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

What's with the costume Supergirl's got on?

She became a Red Lantern a few issues back.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
From All-New Ghost Rider #3

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Leper Residue posted:

To distract from the racism chat, just wanted to say thanks for posting these. It's a pretty entertaining read so far, always a fan of witchcraft stories. It is getting kind of old how everything works out for her, but not enough to keep me from reading the next book.

Haha, I don't know how far you are but if you're disappointed because everything works out for her then keep reading. She still comes out on top in the end but not without doing something horrific* or completely losing touch with the world. The final arc of the series is told through a secondary character which allows you to see how far her actions have stretched in her home town. It also has a really great dialog exchange between two throwaway characters that really drives home the shades-of-grey nature of the series**.

*When she summons loving Rawhide Rex or whatever to kill a man who summoned the same creature to murder a family I was hooked until the end.

**There's a prissy girl and a big girl who rough up Courtney for her lunch money. Courtney sends demons to scare her. Near the end of the series we're told that she's mentally scarred and nearly catatonic. The big bully girl explains that she was stealing money so she and the prissy girl could run away together because their parents wouldn't let them see each other anymore. You know, for reasons.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 23, 2014

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

From All-New Ghost Rider #3

Who is the artist on the new Ghost Rider because holy gently caress

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

Crowetron posted:

Who is the artist on the new Ghost Rider because holy gently caress

Tradd Moore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Earth 2 #23: Val-Zod (an agoraphobic Kryptonian who is slowly learning to control his powers) and Hawkgirl are surrounded by Parademons.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 24, 2014