Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Spanish Matlock posted:

Oh poo poo no I didn't make it to bed until like 6am at least. But I asked them while we were there and they said four.

Did you just take the MRT home or what?

I didn't want to try and find it and then worry about transferring and then finding a bus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Is the tax office open on the weekends? I would think so during May but you never know and their website is no help at all. I don't want to get up super-early before work if I don't have to.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Moon Slayer posted:

Is the tax office open on the weekends? I would think so during May but you never know and their website is no help at all. I don't want to get up super-early before work if I don't have to.

Don't know, but you know you can use their e-filing system now if you want.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

duckfarts posted:

Don't know, but you know you can use their e-filing system now if you want.

You still need the certification of having paid (a blue sheet) if you want to renew an ARC though.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Oh man...I've never seen flooding this bad when outside. I drove my scooter in waist high water because I can barely see ahead of myself. Lil' guy pulled through it like a champ, though.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Barto posted:

You still need the certification of having paid (a blue sheet) if you want to renew an ARC though.

I renewed my ARC just fine last year without a tax certificate after e-filing. They still give you a filing receipt. It's a normal piece of paper but it has a unique code or whatever, which functions the same as if you had filled out the big old form and gotten a receipt.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

GoutPatrol posted:

Oh man...I've never seen flooding this bad when outside. I drove my scooter in waist high water because I can barely see ahead of myself. Lil' guy pulled through it like a champ, though.

Incredible!

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
MRT sucks

#lovescooters

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

scooters are for women and wogs

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
something something competitors slashing prices, undercutting something something

BottledBacon
Sep 4, 2011

The same great taste with none of the chewing!

url posted:

slashing

TOO SOON.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Stuck teaching a class full of teenagers who hate me, please send help and/or a way to kill myself.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Gaoliang in the butt

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Or the mouth.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
He said he wanted it to help

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

Moon Slayer posted:

Stuck teaching a class full of teenagers who hate me, please send help and/or a way to kill myself.

Ah, they don't hate you.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The teacher I'm replacing got fired because he would sit in front of the classroom and text while they did whatever they wanted and I make them do actual work and speak English. They hate me so much.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Start teaching them Ebonics.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

Moon Slayer posted:

The teacher I'm replacing got fired because he would sit in front of the classroom and text while they did whatever they wanted and I make them do actual work and speak English. They hate me so much.

Ok, they hate you.

LOL at that other teacher.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Teach em how to say curses n poo poo

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
loving kids don't want to be there, but to be honest I probably wouldn't either. The system was obviously loving them pretty hard up until recently.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

In just three weeks I've lowered my standards enough that just getting through a class without them rolling their eyes at me would make my day.

EDIT: Or without the deep, dramatic sighing that accompanies such onerous instructions as "please take out your books."

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 22, 2014

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
How do I REACH these KIDS?

USDA Choice
Jul 4, 2004

BIG TEN PRIDE
:eng101:Fun fact: the students that Stand and Deliver is based on actually did cheat.

Unlike all the students I ever caught cheating in Taiwan though, they actually knew the subject matter well.

BottledBacon
Sep 4, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

In just three weeks I've lowered my standards enough that just getting through a class without them rolling their eyes at me would make my day.

EDIT: Or without the deep, dramatic sighing that accompanies such onerous instructions as "please take out your books."

I'm in a similar boat, my least favourite class also dislike my lessons due to their other teacher at that school being Taiwanese and teaching her entire English class in Chinese.

That being said I usually find childish innuendo or making them formulate sentences that insult each other often go down a treat. If they can use frequency words as an excuse to say "Daniel always wears a bra to school" then they don't care if it's in English, they'll still want to say it. That being said the teenagers I teach are only 14 so if yours are old enough that it stops being funny I'd be at a loss.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

BottledBacon posted:

I'm in a similar boat, my least favourite class also dislike my lessons due to their other teacher at that school being Taiwanese and teaching her entire English class in Chinese.

That being said I usually find childish innuendo or making them formulate sentences that insult each other often go down a treat. If they can use frequency words as an excuse to say "Daniel always wears a bra to school" then they don't care if it's in English, they'll still want to say it. That being said the teenagers I teach are only 14 so if yours are old enough that it stops being funny I'd be at a loss.

Howdareyoupersecutetranvestitesyoucisscumyou'rejustenablingkidstobullyDanielwhyioughta

Reminder: Don't forget to do taxes, kids!

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

duckfarts posted:

:ohdear:

BottledBacon
Sep 4, 2011

duckfarts posted:

My employer seems to take the tax out every month before my pay gets to me. I assume (and hope) that means I'm right to not be paying anything personally? Otherwise I'm in trouble.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

BottledBacon posted:

My employer seems to take the tax out every month before my pay gets to me. I assume (and hope) that means I'm right to not be paying anything personally? Otherwise I'm in trouble.

You need to go to the tax office and file the paperwork.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
The late fee in the country on back taxes is laughable. I've paid mine as late as October.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I've never had to pay at filing time. poo poo, I left the first time I filed for three years because no one told me about it and filing is entirely optional back home. Made for a hell of a rebate though.

Oz_Bonus
Sep 9, 2002

At a deadly pace it came from... outer space!
My boss won't withhold taxes and reports everybody's salary to be a fraction of reality. Not sure what she gets out of that, but I just learned that it disqualifies me from ever getting an APRC because I'm under the minimum income. :v:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Oz_Bonus posted:

My boss won't withhold taxes and reports everybody's salary to be a fraction of reality. Not sure what she gets out of that, but I just learned that it disqualifies me from ever getting an APRC because I'm under the minimum income. :v:

I'm in a similar situation with my APRC. Sucks; lived here 6 years and the year I qualify is the year I cut my hours down to go back to school. Whoops.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

BottledBacon posted:

As mentioned, you still need to file. Of that's not enough motivation, in many situations you'll be expecting a nice refund.

Currently, things should be piss simple to file; just go to your local tax office with your ARC, passport, and bank account info(for direct deposit of your refund, or you can get a check mailed to you). They'll have a counter for foreigner filing and they pull up your info for you, which should pull up your income and tax info for you so you don't need to bring employer/bank provided tax forms. Even the giant purple form they have is more for error checking and understanding the calculations than actual filing now.

Tl;dr: just pop in your tax office with ARC, passport, and bank account info and then they will do the work for you and it's cool.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Oz_Bonus posted:

Not really, they just check your income from the previous year. So quit that shithole job and get a real one, because I don't make dick all and I still qualified for the loving thing. She must be reporting a wage so low the immigrations going to come after you for being homeless.

lokk
Nov 18, 2005
i'm legit.
Nobody ever posts in this poo poo anymore, so figured I'd ask you Taipei goons if anyone is going to the Armin van Buuren show on Saturday. Would be cool to meet up with some of you motherfuckers. Met my first few goons in Hong Kong a few weeks ago and I've found that meeting goons in real life isn't as strange as I thought.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
A lot of the action has moved from here to Line mostly because we don't have to worry about breaking forum rules like "coherency". If you have a Line account, PM and I'll send you an invite to Goon Chat.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Atlas Hugged posted:

A lot of the action has moved from here to Line mostly because we don't have to worry about breaking forum rules like "coherency". If you have a Line account, PM and I'll send you an invite to Goon Chat.

Don't do it, it's a trap. It's just goatse everyday.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Is LINE chat only for Taipei goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
I wanna start doin more goon poo poo, but i don't have plat. Think it'd be okay to put my Line here? I don't really care if spambots start harassing me