Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Ike looks great but wow I would have bet a lot against his return. I'm going to interpret this as a burial of Chrom's chances in favor of someone with a bit more going on, like the Awakening avatar. I hope we at least lose some of the dead clone weight from Brawl. I'm thinking we get Brawl's full roster, minus the rest of the Pokemon Trainer, Snake, Lucas, and Wolf. I can't imagine anyone else being on the chopping block, maybe R.O.B.? The Ice Climbers, if the 3DS can't support them for some reason?

We got Luma and Rosalina working on the 3DS, I'd expect IC to come back. ROB too, his moveset is unique. Really, the only cuts I see are Trainer (Ivysaur, Squirtle), Wolf and Snake. Lucas is possible too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
While I could see Lucas getting cut, I still have high hopes. Mother seems to be well-liked by Sakurai and the Smash team, so I think we'll either see Lucas go the way of Falco (differentiating enough to be a properly distinct character) or being replaced by another, more distinct Mother character.

I still want a playable Porky.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'd assume we'd lose Falco quicker than we'd lose Wolf anyways since his moves seemed to work slightly different to Fox's, compared to Falco's at least.

Though I could be wrong. I never really bothered to pay any close attention to those characters.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I feel like Rosalina is a more advanced version of the Ice Climbers one-player-two-characters niche and I'm willing to bet against the climbers coming back now that we know more about Rosalina.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Toon Link is back, Ike is back, I don't see the Ice Climbers not coming back, they're so unique.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Crawfish posted:

I'd assume we'd lose Falco quicker than we'd lose Wolf anyways since his moves seemed to work slightly different to Fox's, compared to Falco's at least.

Though I could be wrong. I never really bothered to pay any close attention to those characters.

Character recognition/popularity is a big factor in the roster, and Falco's a more prominent Starfox character than Wolf, so he's more likely to stay.

But with Toon Link, Ike, and Lucario all returning, some of the more common guesses for cuts turned out to be wrong, so all three Starfox characters could very well return.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Reiley posted:

I feel like Rosalina is a more advanced version of the Ice Climbers one-player-two-characters niche and I'm willing to bet against the climbers coming back now that we know more about Rosalina.

I don't know, considering we already know that the Polar Bear enemy is returning, it seems like it'd be pretty odd to remove that character representation to go with it. I personally see Rosalina as being a sort of middle ground between Ice Climbers and Olimar myself; not an entirely second character like the former, but not a purely disposable utility like the latter.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
There's a notable focus on supporting competitive play this time around, and I can't see them cutting arguably the most popular character in the competitive community overall (Falco).

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
If they wanna differentiate Chrom, they could just give him a lance.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

I don't see them cutting anyone who made it from Melee to Brawl.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Am I the only one who wants Wolf to stay? My inner 12 year old thinks he's awesome but part of me knows he's probably not going to return. :saddowns:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I don't see why he wouldn't be back.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They need to make all his taunts with FE10 quotes, because Ike became kind of a hilarious dick in FE10.

quote:

Catalena: Pawns of your execrable goddess, die! You are a festering wound in the flesh of the world! Die, and let it heal!

Ike: I suppose talking it over is out of the question?

But yeah, there's no way there isn't going to be an Awakening rep. It sold very well, compared to most other FE games.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Boooooooring. Where is Wario

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ike is my favorite character and making him look like his RD version is perfect. I don't care who else makes it, as long as Ike is there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Haha, Ike's page links you to the Fire Emblem: Awakening site. Don't think you're gonna find out much about Ike in *that* game! :v:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I don't know man. His descendant is in that game.

It's better than nothing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Crawfish posted:

I don't know man. His descendant is in that game.

It's better than nothing.
Psshaw, that poser doesn't even have Aether.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
This owns a shitload get wrecked chromailures

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Monicro posted:

This owns a shitload get wrecked chromailures

Yeah, pretty sure Chrom is still going to get in.

Do people just forget about Fox/Falco, Link/Toon Link, Ness/Lucas, etc...?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm happy to see Ike in the game and I'm happy they didn't go with his Awakening design.

He's not supposed to be skinny, dammit! :argh:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Comedy option: Tharja is in, but you have to buy this to unlock her via NFC.

Double comedy: Tharja is in and in the US release she has a curtain following her at hip level at all times.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
<--- this avatar approves of Sakurai's decision to not cut "obvious chopping block characters" for whatever strange Sakurai logic.

Double approve of updating his look to Radiant Dawn beefy mcbeefster, because even though I like ranger Ike better swole RD Ike looks a lot more natural swinging around Ragnell one-handed.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I gave up on Samus early on in Brawl cause she was horrible, and eventually found Ike to be my go-to character. Needless to say, i'm happy for his return. :)

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

I don't see why he wouldn't be back.

Its gonna be cool when literally no characters are cut from Brawl.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Famous TV Dad posted:

Its gonna be cool when literally no characters are cut from Brawl.
Pokemon Trainer already was.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Endorph posted:

Pokemon Trainer already was.

Oh yeah. His gimmick sucked and its good he was cut tho.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that Trainer could be in, maybe a new version though like the R/S Trainer with those starters to promote the remake. Just not very likely at all.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that Trainer could be in, maybe a new version though like the R/S Trainer with those starters to promote the remake. Just not very likely at all.

I'd be down for a playable Blaziken. gently caress Mudkip and Treecko though.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Macaluso posted:

Boooooooring. Where is Wario

I would empty-quote this if I could.

Why do they have to torture us, Wario's loyal fans?

Zain posted:

Oh hell yeah. Though the whip could give him too much range on auto attacks? Either way Casltevania is a superior product so anybody they get in the game is okay in my books.

I would think the whip would be his default B move. Maybe it could be used to pick up items as well, that would be cool.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

jivjov posted:

I would trade Snake for Simon Belmont in a heartbeat.

Oh hell yeah. Though the whip could give him too much range on auto attacks? Either way Casltevania is a superior product so anybody they get in the game is okay in my books.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

TaurusOxford posted:

I'd be down for a playable Blaziken. gently caress Mudkip and Treecko though.

A friend and I were actually talking about this the other day - assuming we haven't seen any unlockable characters yet, and considering that the Ruby and Sapphire remakes are coming, Blaziken wouldn't be a half bad choice to add - it's well suited to a fighting game, it'd help build hype for the remakes, it has a Mega Evolution all prepared to be a Final Smash, it'd be suitable as an unlockable.

The one downside we came up with is that they'd just make it into Captain Falcon v3.0, with the moveset making sense for arguably the first time :v:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Zain posted:

Slashes of the whip around sword-range would probably work for A specials (think Whip Kirby in Return to Dreamland) could work, with the iconic long-range whip strike seen in all the game sprites for a B move.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Zain posted:

I'm surprised Simon Belmont hasn't been added. I feel like he'd have a pretty unique moveset, you could even have him somewhat control like the old games, and even though Castlevania has been on other systems he very much feels like a Nintendo character/property.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

PantsBandit posted:

I would empty-quote this if I could.

Why do they have to torture us, Wario's loyal fans?

Wario is all but confirmed, we even saw his symbol on two assist trophies. It's more interesting to learn about a character we weren't sure was going to make it.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I still think if there is an additional third party character it would be Ryu Hayabusa. Especially considering Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo Koei.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Kurtofan posted:

Wario is all but confirmed, we even saw his symbol on two assist trophies. It's more interesting to learn about a character we weren't sure was going to make it.

I can't be sure until I smell him.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I don't know man, we're already at four confirmed Pokemon already, with Jiggs all but surely returning as well.

If we're getting any more Pokemon in this game my bets are on Mewtwo, but even those chances are low.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Well of course he's in, but Ike is boring anime farts and Wario is awesome. There's still farts but

Crawfish posted:

I don't know man, we're already at four confirmed Pokemon already, with Jiggs all but surely returning as well.

If we're getting any more Pokemon in this game my bets are on Mewtwo, but even those chances are low.

Jigglypuff is back no question, and I still am expecting them to have a surprise MEWTWO IS BACK announcement at E3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Famous TV Dad posted:

I still think if there is an additional third party character it would be Ryu Hayabusa. Especially considering Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo Koei.

We already have Greninja. Why would we want an inferior ninja?

• Locked thread