Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Lblitzer posted:

Shotgun at the top of the Great Wall of China

So this is why so many countries don't like American college kids.

At least they didn't permanently deface a historic artifact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Grondoth posted:

At least they didn't permanently deface a historic artifact.

This is my take. Kids should get to go do stupid poo poo in famous places, as long as the place itself isn't hurt.

Seriously, kids(early 20s are still just kids) have no concept of respect for things like that, as a whole, and this is a thing all across the world. Its just that American kids can actually go be dumb instead of having to work to not starve from a young age.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Druggachusettes posted:

Where should we go to spring break?

China bro!
To be fair, I knew a guy who was like "brah we should go to Redding for Spring Break" and I was like "what the gently caress you wanna go there for, the only things in Redding is trees and meth" so you can do a lot worse than China.

Guarantee he didn't wanna go there to find Working Designs, he wasn't a frickin' goon like me, and if you wanted some crystal, just save some gas and drive up to Paradise, poo poo.

Fur20 has a new favorite as of 06:00 on May 23, 2014

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

This is my take. Kids should get to go do stupid poo poo in famous places, as long as the place itself isn't hurt.

Seriously, kids(early 20s are still just kids) have no concept of respect for things like that, as a whole, and this is a thing all across the world. Its just that American kids can actually go be dumb instead of having to work to not starve from a young age.

I guess I can agree with that but holy poo poo I cannot believe how important drinking at every opportunity is to these people. I guess I don't know what it's like as I never went to a major university nor drink. I'm fun

NightWig
Aug 12, 2013

Dutch dude I know who makes like 99% of his posts in English. This is some American share he did, and there is some logical problem here. Bombs aren't that legal to own in the US, from what I understand.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Lblitzer posted:

Shotgun at the top of the Great Wall of China

So this is why so many countries don't like American college kids.

When I studied abroad in China this was basically any western college/university kid. Everyone I knew: British, German, Swedish, Spanish, French, Canadian, Mexican, etc... was drunk or actively trying to get drunk 80% of the time they were over there. Generally classes ended at like 1pm and drinking started at 12:45.

All college age kids are terrible, basically.

e: Also the great wall of china is totally fake and disgraced already. Literally the whole thing is covered in graffiti and carvings. It'a all recent and inane stuff like X LOVES Y or "THIS DUDE WAS HERE IN '95", but in Chinese.

Ailumao has a new favorite as of 08:50 on May 23, 2014

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

NightWig posted:

Dutch dude I know who makes like 99% of his posts in English. This is some American share he did, and there is some logical problem here. Bombs aren't that legal to own in the US, from what I understand.

Cool, guns don't kill people, people kill people. But wait, if that's the case then why do we give soldiers guns when we send them overseas to kill people? If they want to do their job badly enough, surely they could find a way to do it that doesn't involve guns, which apparently don't kill people anyway?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Guns don't kill people. If you say guns kill people one more time I will shoot you with a gun and, coincidentally, you will die.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Lblitzer posted:

I guess I can agree with that but holy poo poo I cannot believe how important drinking at every opportunity is to these people. I guess I don't know what it's like as I never went to a major university nor drink. I'm fun

I'm in my mid 30s, and drink almost every day, even if its just a beer with lunch. Before you can get to the point where you can just have a beer tho, you gotta blow past the urge to get smashed every time you get near alcohol, and if you are gonna get smashed, get smashed somewhere you can show off later in life.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I got in another argument with the Paleo Diet girl who accused me of being a Young Earth Creationist for telling her its bullshit using a link that explicitly used evolutionary data, this time over gluten. She kept bringing up points the link and studies we were discussing. I asked her "Do you just pretend to read the links or are you really god drat bad at reading comprehension?". She blocked me and according to my friends kept ranting at me even though she knew I couldnt see the rants. :allears:

A Fancy 400 lbs has a new favorite as of 13:30 on May 23, 2014

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

FrozenVent posted:

To be honest, if a political movement sprung up that involved naked women encouraging people to "gently caress FrozenVent", I'd give them the thumbs up too.

It literally means "go to the cock, Putin".

Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard

NightWig posted:

I never understood this argument. It's such an obvious strawman. No one ever blamed the gun in a shooting. Never in the history of forever. Not a single gun has been sentenced to jailtime, or even arrested by the police or tried for murder. No one blames guns for killing.

On the other hand, cars are highly regulated, who can (legally) drive them, and what they can and can not have to be legally allowed to drive on the roads. The materials to make bombs are regulated, black powder, TNT, etc. In the US Guns are not really regulated (Oh I suppose you cannot own a Bazooka... in some circumstances). I'm all for gun ownership, but we need to get out of the Wild West at least.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Lap-Lem posted:

I never understood this argument. It's such an obvious strawman. No one ever blamed the gun in a shooting. Never in the history of forever. Not a single gun has been sentenced to jailtime, or even arrested by the police or tried for murder. No one blames guns for killing.

On the other hand, cars are highly regulated, who can (legally) drive them, and what they can and can not have to be legally allowed to drive on the roads. The materials to make bombs are regulated, black powder, TNT, etc. In the US Guns are not really regulated (Oh I suppose you cannot own a Bazooka... in some circumstances). I'm all for gun ownership, but we need to get out of the Wild West at least.

No one is trying to ban or confiscate cars, either. It's an imperfect comparison in both directions. You absolutely have people blaming guns for whatever recent tragedy, so I don't know where you are even getting that?

With how many unlicensed/uninsured drivers there are on public roads, that sorta falls apart too. Guns themselves not being regulated is flat out wrong, as is the implication that we are in the "Wild West", and the side implication that the "West" was "Wild".

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Lap-Lem posted:

but we need to get out of the Wild West at least.

Actually a lot of towns in the "Wild West" made it illegal to carry firearms, and had strict gun control.

But 1950's westerns=Real Life so whatever.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

The White Dragon posted:

To be fair, I knew a guy who was like "brah we should go to Redding for Spring Break" and I was like "what the gently caress you wanna go there for, the only things in Redding is trees and meth" so you can do a lot worse than China.

Guarantee he didn't wanna go there to find Working Designs, he wasn't a frickin' goon like me, and if you wanted some crystal, just save some gas and drive up to Paradise, poo poo.

To translate for the entire rest of the world, Redding and Paradise are towns in far Northern California, both dry, destitute hellholes that are hot as balls, poor as poo poo, and have nothing interesting going for them. Paradise is particularly secluded, hence the notion that you can get plentiful meth there.

Redding has a waterpark that was cool as hell when I was 12, though.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

DoctorWhat posted:

Guns don't kill people. If you say guns kill people one more time I will shoot you with a gun and, coincidentally, you will die.

Dylan Moran!

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Please don't ruin this thread with gun control chat. We might as well just talk about tipping.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It literally means "go to the cock, Putin".

Putin eunt gallus?

Content: It's Tumblr (but it's not SJW stuff) I found a big list of shoplifting Tumblrs.

http://thekleptokitten.tumblr.com/post/74243473948/reblog-or-like-if-your-blog-is-shoplifting-related

This one has most of the text in an annoying vertical way, so you have to tilt your head to read it.

http://thekleptokitten.tumblr.com/

http://teenagethief.tumblr.com/

With a name like Lift Witch, you'd think it'd be a sorceress who lives in a house made of protein bars and red meat (Hanswole and Squattel?), but nope, it's about shoplifting.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Putin eunt gallus?

Content: It's Tumblr (but it's not SJW stuff) I found a big list of shoplifting Tumblrs.

http://thekleptokitten.tumblr.com/post/74243473948/reblog-or-like-if-your-blog-is-shoplifting-related

This one has most of the text in an annoying vertical way, so you have to tilt your head to read it.

http://thekleptokitten.tumblr.com/

http://teenagethief.tumblr.com/

With a name like Lift Witch, you'd think it'd be a sorceress who lives in a house made of protein bars and red meat (Hanswole and Squattel?), but nope, it's about shoplifting.

Jesus, Klepto Kitten has stolen $1000 worth of stuff in the last month.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

prom candy posted:

Please don't ruin this thread with gun control chat. We might as well just talk about tipping.

On the plus side, this thread's title never fails to make me laugh.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
They told you what would happen if Obama got elected.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Druggachusettes posted:

They told you what would happen if Obama got elected.

I always wonder what their criteria for "destroy America" is, because I'm not seeing any fireballs going off at regular intervals, roving packs of Reavers or internment camps around my neighborhood. :shrug:

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Ninjasaurus posted:

I always wonder what their criteria for "destroy America" is, because I'm not seeing any fireballs going off at regular intervals, roving packs of Reavers or internment camps around my neighborhood. :shrug:

Don't you understand? There is a DEMOCRAT in the WHITEHOUSE! AND HE'S BLACK!

How much more destroyed can America get?

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Ninjasaurus posted:

That's because you're asleep, sheeple! :tinfoil:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Ninjasaurus posted:

That'll be after Obama manufactures the emergency needed to declare himself SuperAllah God King of Shariamerica because :supaburn:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Ninjasaurus posted:

or internment camps around my neighborhood. :shrug:

you blithering idiot do your really think that's a waterpark FEMA opened down the street?!?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

you blithering idiot do your really think that's a waterpark FEMA opened down the street?!?

New Orleans?

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

How do you have nonconsensual sex without power? Are guys, like, going up to white women and saying "Hey, erm, so, I know this might be a long shot but... can I please rape you? Only if you say it's okay of course."

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

This is extraordinarily lovely and hateful. Hopefully a palette cleanser:

This woman is in college. Not a freshman, either. She's completely obsessed with disney/animated movies, when she saw Wreck-It-Ralph it was literally the only thing she would talk about if you encountered her.

Also, yes, she liked her own status.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011
Given whoever posted it has the option to delete the 'WW can't be raped' poster's tweets, I'm guessing it's someone trolling - who the hell would post an image with the premise of 'look how lovely a person I am!!'

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

SybilVimes posted:

Given whoever posted it has the option to delete the 'WW can't be raped' poster's tweets, I'm guessing it's someone trolling - who the hell would post an image with the premise of 'look how lovely a person I am!!'

Possibly, but some of the Tumblr crowd are far enough down the rabbit hole that they might actually think that opinion is correct. Sort of like how sovereign citizens post videos of themselves being gigantic jackasses and getting tazed for it, and claim that as a "win."

Explain How!
Dec 14, 2013
OTOH, white women are loving terrible.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Explain How! posted:

OTOH, so's your posting.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I was reading 'WW' as Wonder Woman at first and I thought, 'yeah, it would probably be unlikely that someone could rape Wonder Woman. Strange analogy, though.'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DrNutt posted:

I was reading 'WW' as Wonder Woman at first and I thought, 'yeah, it would probably be unlikely that someone could rape Wonder Woman. Strange analogy, though.'

I'm the big nerd who thought Wind Waker. And then World War. Needless to say I didn't understand the terrible point they were trying to make.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Has anyone posted dumb UKIP stuff in the wake of their supposed "earthquake" in the elections?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Lottery of Babylon posted:

OTOH, so's your posting.

Sigh, it's a good thing it wasn't. Because if Earth was only able to sustain it's climate in one spot, we'd be hosed each time it's revolution isn't a perfect circle.

Explain How! posted:

Shut up Ryyhlyyh

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Lottery of Babylon posted:

OTOH, so's your posting.

Or maybe life developed over hundreds of millions of years to adapt to the many different climates the planet has seen that have swung wildly in both directions many times blah blah blargh

Otherwise, everyone is like that. Of course your thoughts are different and complex when you have nothing else to distract you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

DrNutt posted:

Don't tempt fate. The last thing we need is to reset the 'number of days since a woman was raped in DC comics' clock

• Locked thread