Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Niton posted:

So, apparently unnoticed, a whole bunch of M15 spoilers appeared tonight.

Special shoutouts to this guy, who i'm sure will not be completely miserable to play against:

This guy could see play in that Legacy deck with Aluren, that bounces guys in and out, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Serperoth posted:

This guy could see play in that Legacy deck with Aluren, that bounces guys in and out, right?

Aluren has Cavern Harpy for that

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

this could be a really dumb modern/standard deck. Control shell, maybe UW or UWr, have a 1 of blightsteel colossus or something a lot better I probably can't think of and then you're done. The only downside would be no snapcaster. Ultimately I think it costs too much and will never see play but one can dream :v:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Mortimer posted:

this could be a really dumb modern/standard deck. Control shell, maybe UW or UWr, have a 1 of blightsteel colossus or something a lot better I probably can't think of and then you're done. The only downside would be no snapcaster. Ultimately I think it costs too much and will never see play but one can dream :v:

If that's all you want to do, Proteus Staff already exists.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012
Actual Polymorph is Modern legal as well, and is better than Proteus Staff or this guy if you're trying to cheat something out. Travis Woo did one of his brew things with it a while back, with the main gameplan being to fetch a one-of Dryad Arbor and poly it into Emrakul. It doesn't work very well, though. You can't run any other creatures, drawing your win condition(s) is a bad look (and the reason it doesn't really work in a control shell), and you're vulnerable to counterspells, removal on the polymorph target, removal or wraths on the polymorph result, and Grafdigger's Cage.

I guess you could try to turn Mutavault into Worldspine Wurm in superstandard? The plan really needs an initial subject that can't be morphed into, so either cheap manlands or other legendary creatures.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
So based on the Planes included in M15, our new Titans are

Soul of Ravnica (blue)
Soul of Zendikar (green)
Soul of Theros
Soul of Innistrad
Soul of Shandalar

I'm assuming Innistrad will be Black, so Theros (white) and Shandalar (red)?

RubberJohnny fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 23, 2014

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Applebees posted:

These are new I think.

This might be the rudest multiplayer card invented since Rhystic study.
"Ah yes shall we blow up everything? No? Ok well I guess Ill draw then :smugwizard:"

quote:

...d...dackplucate?

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Bread Set Jettison posted:

This might be the rudest multiplayer card invented since Rhystic study.
"Ah yes shall we blow up everything? No? Ok well I guess Ill draw then :smugwizard:"

...d...dackplucate?

It creates Dack Two, Electric Boogaloo.

Charlie72
Apr 21, 2010

Kabanaw posted:

It creates Dack Two, Electric Boogaloo.

Dack two, the Greaterest Thief in the Multiversetm!

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
Turn Dack into a creature, clone him and kill him with his own duplicate.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Who on earth could that be that they don't want to spoil her name?

Also no New Phyrexian soul booooo

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Dack2D2

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

2 dack 2 furious

Boxman posted:

I guess it's just that the name isn't very important so they don't want to bother squinting at it a bunch.

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 23, 2014

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Duck Fayclone

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Punching people with sorceries, what will Wizards think of next?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Entropic posted:

It does, but I have no idea if 3-mana sorcery-speed removal is good enough for legacy even if it targets without actually targeting to get around protection and hexproof.

It's hilarious in multiplayer though. Read it carefully -- no one can vote for a permanent you control, and if there's a tie both things get exiled. So if each of your opponents votes for something different, you can exile up to one permanent per player.

Oblivion Ring/D-Sphere already get played in legacy, as does Vindicate, this easily replaces ring at least since this also has the upside of being immune to Abrupt Decay and being Snapcasterable. Vindicate targets lands, so it's not a strict upgrade there but seems worth it to me. D-Sphere can 2-for-1 without playing an opponent who doesn't read cards, though.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Applebees posted:

You're right it doesn't target. It's actually really good. In two-player games, it just exiles any nonland you want.

Two, if your opponent misreads it, which will almost certainly happen sometimes.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
play it with cast through time and you can have

dack 2 the future

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Marked by Honor feels like it might be part of a cycle. Simple +2/+2 enchantment and in-color ability feels right for that sort of thing, and the format "Marked by X" lends itself to other colors.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Pyrolocutus posted:

Marked by Honor feels like it might be part of a cycle. Simple +2/+2 enchantment and in-color ability feels right for that sort of thing, and the format "Marked by X" lends itself to other colors.

They will probably just have a "mark of dishonor" dichotomy if anything at all

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
e: wrong thread

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Boxman posted:

Gisa?

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

Gisa's not a polymorphist, she's a Ghoulcaller. Her brother Geralf is a Skaberen.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
The name isn't shown because they can't read it. Those cards are from the Duels 2015 IGN preview.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Mortimer posted:

I could see UW Control using this to fish out Aetherling and that's really it.

But that's really durdly and bad so it'll probably be a limited bomb at best.

QUICKLING HOWEVER..

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Does flying really push Quickling over the top? Deputy of Acquittals hasn't seen any play.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Rogue 7 posted:

Does flying really push Quickling over the top? Deputy of Acquittals hasn't seen any play.

Flying and the fact it only has a single colored cost in the cmc make it a lot more usable.

traslin
Feb 19, 2004
Hooked On Phoenix

Rogue 7 posted:

I think it being mono-blue also helps because it opens up the cards you can combo with it. Also, constellation wasn't around when Deputy of Acquittals was released.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I want to say Quickling is the 2 drop that fills the holes for Mono U but that's so far from true unless we get a way to easily make MoW tokens not 1/0 when he's on the board.

Edit: Hall of Triumph doesn't count.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 23, 2014

Vomax
Oct 12, 2005

?
UR Counterburn with Purhporos, Faerie Impostor and Quickling. :v:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Rogue 7 posted:

Haha yes. Are you kidding? And it's in mono U not UW.

JerryLee posted:

If that's all you want to do, Proteus Staff already exists.

Ranpire posted:

Actual Polymorph is Modern legal as well, and is better than Proteus Staff or this guy if you're trying to cheat something out. Travis Woo did one of his brew things with it a while back, with the main gameplan being to fetch a one-of Dryad Arbor and poly it into Emrakul. It doesn't work very well, though. You can't run any other creatures, drawing your win condition(s) is a bad look (and the reason it doesn't really work in a control shell), and you're vulnerable to counterspells, removal on the polymorph target, removal or wraths on the polymorph result, and Grafdigger's Cage.

I guess you could try to turn Mutavault into Worldspine Wurm in superstandard? The plan really needs an initial subject that can't be morphed into, so either cheap manlands or other legendary creatures.

The point being you can run that guy with all legendary creatures, then have one non-legendary creature be your win-con. Assuming you don't draw it, you'd get it 100% of the time. You can't guarantee the same results with proteus staff or polymorph unless you're only running two creatures.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Vomax posted:

UR Counterburn with Purhporos, Faerie Impostor and Quickling. :v:

That sounds dumb enough to work. I'm going to make that deck and probably tick off a lot of my friends in the process.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Mortimer posted:

Haha yes. Are you kidding? And it's in mono U not UW.

The fact that Deputy of Aquittals is also a flashbear while Quickling needs another creature out (and therefore is not exactly a 2-drop in most cases) is being overlooked here. This is just a Faerie Imposter with Flash. Maybe good enough to get played in some clever decks but I would kinda be shocked if this thing saw a lot of Standard play.

DurdleDuck
Jul 17, 2013

Mortimer posted:

The point being you can run that guy with all legendary creatures, then have one non-legendary creature be your win-con. Assuming you don't draw it, you'd get it 100% of the time. You can't guarantee the same results with proteus staff or polymorph unless you're only running two creatures.

Which most Polymorph decks have always done? The only advantage is that you can run legendary creatures over spells now, but it comes with some major disadvantages: the best Polymorph targets are legendary; you now can't play more than 4 polymorph effects, because the other legendaries mess up your regular Polymorph effects; and you are now using a creature instead of a sorcery or artifact for your combo, so it's easier to disrupt in most cases, and you have to wait a turn to activate.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
If you manage to get it out, Worldspine Wurm works pretty well with the Polymorphist - you can repeatedly sac it for the tokens if all but one of them have been exiled/drawn, and if it gets removed you can then sac the tokens to get it back.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

People thought sky lasher was for delver. Ha! It was for Quickling.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I like quickling, and after not just glossing over it like I did last night it reminds me a lot more of Stonecloaker or Whitemane Lion than say Faerie Impostor.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Count Bleck posted:

I could see UW Control using this to fish out Aetherling and that's really it.

But that's really durdly and bad so it'll probably be a limited bomb at best.

QUICKLING HOWEVER..

You might as well run another AEtherling.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
So what happens if you acquire two Palianos or Aether Searchers in the same draft? Noting their colors or associated card is easy during the draft, but without marking them how would you know which is which in your deck? I guess you could roll a die or something to randomly determine which one it is when you play it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

whydirt posted:

So what happens if you acquire two Palianos or Aether Searchers in the same draft? Noting their colors or associated card is easy during the draft, but without marking them how would you know which is which in your deck? I guess you could roll a die or something to randomly determine which one it is when you play it?

Use a mini-post-it or notecard during the draft, then slide in a slip of paper noting the choice into the same sleeve on the front during play.

• Locked thread