Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
He was born June 24, 1998, Persona 4 Arena takes place in May 2012 during golden week. He's 13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Dehry posted:

He was born June 24, 1998, Persona 4 Arena takes place in May 2012 during golden week. He's 13.

whoa check out this factmaster

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Do first years even get to be on the disciplinary committee?

Ken Amada set on a path of revenge to kill his mother's killer at the age of 9. He taught himself to use a spear so he could murder a guy. Most kids that age were thinking really intensely about Pokemon. His Persona is Nemesis, 'The Inescapable', the Goddess of Vengance. Dude's a complete loving psycho. Would you tell him he couldn't be on the disciplinary committe?

I pray for the soul of anyone caught smoking in the bathrooms.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Ratoslov posted:

Ken Amada set on a path of revenge to kill his mother's killer at the age of 9. He taught himself to use a spear so he could murder a guy. Most kids that age were thinking really intensely about Pokemon. His Persona is Nemesis, 'The Inescapable', the Goddess of Vengance. Dude's a complete loving psycho. Would you tell him he couldn't be on the disciplinary committe?

Why don't people like Ken, again?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's a complicated man and no one understands him but his dog.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

LeSquide posted:

Because 10 year olds are obnoxious, even when their life is a Clint Eastwood movie.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.famitsu.com/cominy/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=82362

Here's some more Ken screenshots. You can definitely see his Persona in a few shots.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Geez, the reach on that spear in one of the later screenshots is insane.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Looks like he has Cable's DP from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

LeSquide posted:

Because he gets the best character in P3 killed or put into a coma to save his punk rear end.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

There's also the super creepy romance S.Link with him in P3P which doesn't help. And he's just really loving unlikable in general.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Atlus seems hell bent on having Kanji interact with Koromaru in some way and I am all about that.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Squallege posted:

Atlus seems hell bent on having Kanji interact with Koromaru in some way and I am all about that.

The fur is so soft. :3:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Ken reminds me a lot of Hope Estheim.

In fact they are practically the same character, the only difference being Hope's bullshit didn't get Snow killed (just badly wounded)

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Ratoslov posted:

Ken Amada set on a path of revenge to kill his mother's killer at the age of 9. He taught himself to use a spear so he could murder a guy. Most kids that age were thinking really intensely about Pokemon. His Persona is Nemesis, 'The Inescapable', the Goddess of Vengeance. Dude's a complete loving psycho. Would you tell him he couldn't be on the disciplinary committe?

If anything, this is just more proof that Ken is really Nyarlathotep. :colbert:

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Koromaru ditches Ken for Kanji when they meet. Persona 5 is Kanji, Koromaru, and Naoto running around and trying to solve crimes before Dojima.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Then Kanji makes Koromaru a new sweater :3:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Shinji was stupid and literally only ever existed to get killed as a source of inspiration to Akihiko. If you're going to hate Ken at least hate him for the right reasons.

Dude was just a dumb annoying Kid in a setting that didn't really need one around. Also his social link for FeMC was pretty awkward and weird. I wish I could still find the clip of him and Akihiko fighting over her on youtube.

Sonata Mused posted:

Koromaru ditches Ken for Kanji when they meet. Persona 5 is Kanji, Koromaru, and Naoto running around and trying to solve crimes with Dojima.

Look, he has to be home in time for Dinner so he had to hire some new help.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Crawfish posted:

Geez, the reach on that spear in one of the later screenshots is insane.
Seems to me that Ken modified it to be an extendable chain spear, instead of a single solid polearm. Basically, he's upgraded the whole reason he uses spears: reach opponents that are out of his physical reach.

If I had to guess, Ken's going to be a heavy keep-away character that can send The Best Dog to maul your face off as a projectile/assist move.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I wish I could still find the clip of him and Akihiko fighting over her on youtube.

Do you mean this or this?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I love the idea of "almost out of high school" Akihiko arguing with a child.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Both. Oh god these are the worst. FeMC's social links were terrible...

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I liked her S.Links because Minako actually had personality. In fact almost every dialogue choice thing had a funny option.

"What do you like on your cereal, Leader?"
"I like tabasco sauce! :downs:"

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Both. Oh god these are the worst. FeMC's social links were terrible...

Didn't koromaru's S-link end with him and FeMC spending a long time in her room?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Zen United is reportedly cut out of the picture of this game's publishing (and presumably the sequel) in Europe, with Atlus taking charge itself: http://shoryuken.com/2014/05/27/atlus-reportedly-taking-charge-of-persona-4-arenas-digital-distribution-in-europe/

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

If the "presumably the sequel" part ends up being true that's the best possible news for the game, because gently caress Zen United and their 9-month delays.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Zen United is reportedly cut out of the picture of this game's publishing (and presumably the sequel) in Europe, with Atlus taking charge itself: http://shoryuken.com/2014/05/27/atlus-reportedly-taking-charge-of-persona-4-arenas-digital-distribution-in-europe/

Fantastic, in every way. This is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for when SEGA bought Atlus, that they no longer have to publish through other outlets.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

So like let's say in a few years we get Arena 3 and we get a single rep from P1 and another for P2, and one SMT character (like from Devil Survivor, Raidou's games, etc).

Name your votes.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Dehry posted:

http://www.famitsu.com/cominy/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=82362

Here's some more Ken screenshots. You can definitely see his Persona in a few shots.

:wtc:

Why did they feel the need to add more reach to a character with a spear?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's probably a special move.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

That's what happens when you hit puberty. Your spear gets bigger.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Excels posted:

I liked her S.Links because Minako actually had personality. In fact almost every dialogue choice thing had a funny option.

"What do you like on your cereal, Leader?"
"I like tabasco sauce! :downs:"

Yeah but so did the Male MC. He was just kind of a sarcastic rear end in a top hat where his third option was almost a specific replay that could be summed up as "Oh yeah, sure :jerkbag:". Protag from P4 had something similar to Minako but instead of being full blown dumb goofy he was super earnest and innocent to the point that you're not quite sure if he's doing it on purpose. Kind of a Captain Carrot situation.

Wrist Watch posted:

It's cause Spears are cool and Chain Spears are the hypest poo poo.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic that this will lead to less of a wait for Ultimax in the EU region. I guess we can also hope that Atlus don't want the dubious honor of having the only region locked game in an entire console library again.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Wrist Watch posted:

It doesn't look that bad, if anything Mitsuru's 5D does more damage and has about the same reach. It'll probably have the dead zone in the middle too.

Can't really get a clear idea of Ken's damage but so far they look acceptable to slightly low (the Cerberus super looks like it doesn't even break 2k).

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Yeah, I was probably overreacting a bit but I was more curious why they would put in a character with a spear (which already is going to have a pretty long reach vs someone else's fists) and then make it even longer for some reason. I know it's probably a special, it's just like...a lunge wouldn't be enough reach? Gotta make it even longer for some reason?

It's cause Spears are cool and Chain Spears are the hypest poo poo.

Excels posted:

That's what happens when you hit puberty. Your spear gets bigger.

Both of these are correct answers though. :colbert:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Wrist Watch posted:

Yeah, I was probably overreacting a bit but I was more curious why they would put in a character with a spear (which already is going to have a pretty long reach vs someone else's fists) and then make it even longer for some reason. I know it's probably a special, it's just like...a lunge wouldn't be enough reach? Gotta make it even longer for some reason?

Probably because they're going and making Ken an all-out Sengoku Basara X reference character. I can't find the image right now, but all of his moves that we've seen are straight-up homages to various characters/moves from SBX, chain spear included. They're just having a laugh with him, looks like.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eh, it isn't really 'a laugh,' all the other characters have references to other ArcSys games too. Half of Yu's moveset is lifted from Ky.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Also Ken is totally the kind of kid who would play SBX and games like that. Given his obsession with sentai, and Yukari now being a main character on his favorite childhood show, I wonder if they're going to push some kind of one-sided crush or something. Seems like a thing Arena 2 would tease, just to give them some interesting interactions.

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009

Deltasquid posted:

Didn't koromaru's S-link end with him and FeMC spending a long time in her room?

I'm pretty sure they spend time at the shrine. That's where you get the rank 10 item to fuse Siegfried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Aaaand they've gone and dropped the Kenomaru trailer on us:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3vWdCZ2NPA

• Locked thread