Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

I'm going to start using this a boilerplate response for anyone acting like a right-wing poo poo.

"We should eat the poor. They only have themselves to blame. Why not bootstrap?"
"Kate... you're white..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

All eyebrows are probability density functions! :v:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

mrkillboy posted:

A glitch has been doing strange awesome things to summaries on Netflix lately.

More here: http://summarybug.com

From the thumbnails, I thought 'Man, the new Cards Against Humanity look weird. Where does the mad-lib go?'

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Elfface posted:

From the thumbnails, I thought 'Man, the new Cards Against Humanity look weird. Where does the mad-lib go?'

Yeah, the Warren Buffet one made me think of CaH too.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Nothing says "I stole this paper from the Internet" like loving up your own race :allears:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Boy is the teacher's face going to be red when her parents come storming in and it turns out she's an albino black woman.

Victor Varnado, standup comedian. African American born with albinism. Some of his comedy routine involves stories about white people letting their guard down and being racist around him because they don't know he's black.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

The schizophrenia that is sharing Netflix accounts.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

bean_shadow posted:

The schizophrenia that is sharing Netflix accounts.

They support multiple profiles now you know.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

stubblyhead posted:

They support multiple profiles now you know.

And yet anime still shows up in my recently watched.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Is that Robert Webb?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pope Mobile posted:

And yet anime still shows up in my recently watched.

Does your dick fall off every time that happens?

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

I feel like this could be the premise of a movie. White honor student resorts to plagiarism on her last paper in high school because she's overwhelmed with other things, gets caught, then has to pretend she's black to save her academic career. Begins college as a black woman. Hilarity ensues.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

HBomb posted:

I feel like this could be the premise of a movie. White honor student resorts to plagiarism on her last paper in high school because she's overwhelmed with other things, gets caught, then has to pretend she's black to save her academic career. Begins college as a black woman. Hilarity ensues.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

univbee posted:

Boy is the teacher's face going to be red when her parents come storming in and it turns out she's an albino black woman.

Victor Varnado, standup comedian. African American born with albinism. Some of his comedy routine involves stories about white people letting their guard down and being racist around him because they don't know he's black.
How...does that even happen?
Like, biologically, is the melanin still there in his skin or did the albinism loving suck that right out of him? Seriously, genuinely confused, I had no idea this could happen.

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.

FinalGamer posted:

Like, biologically, is the melanin still there in his skin or did the albinism loving suck that right out of him? Seriously, genuinely confused, I had no idea this could happen.

I thought that was what albinism was? Like, the definition of albinism? Genuinely curious what you though albinism was to this point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albinism

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

FinalGamer posted:

The exact same way it happens to non-blacks: the body can't produce melanin. Believe it or not, skin color is only one of a great many things that make someone 'black'.

Oh Adaira
May 7, 2008

Casual Tabby

fool_of_sound posted:

Believe it or not, skin color is only one of a great many things that make someone 'black'.

Can't tell if this is racist.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

FinalGamer posted:

is the melanin still there in his skin

To add to the other answers: you could have gotten the answer to this bit just by looking at the picture. Melanin is a pigment; it literally is the brown that makes brown people brown. Is the pictured man brown? No; therefore he doesn't have melanin in his skin (or if we wanted to be super cautious with our deductions, we could say he certainly has very little melanin).

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Oh Adaira posted:

:rolleyes:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh Adaira posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6cpU_iIqLs&t=82s

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Yes, you're right, actual color of skin should be the primary factor in determining blackness, not heritage and self-identification!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Are you still black if you are in fact not black and you are in fact white?? :marc:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

fool_of_sound posted:

Yes, you're right, actual color of skin should be the primary factor in determining blackness, not heritage and self-identification!

I mostly just wanted to post a funny video Mr. Super Sensitive About the Nuances of Racial Identity in the Funny Pictures Thread Man.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

zoux posted:

I mostly just wanted to post a funny video Mr. Super Sensitive About the Nuances of Racial Identity in the Funny Pictures Thread Man.

:rolleyes:

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNMzZMwbPFA&t=18s

This is weirdly the best video I could find on such short notice.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

Are you still black if you are in fact not black and you are in fact white?? :marc:

Let's ask noted African-American G.K. Butterfield.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

You could at least post some funny pictures or something.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

this guy is white

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Sloat posted:

this guy is white

Yes, but Yellowman is black as hell.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

stubblyhead posted:

Let's ask noted African-American G.K. Butterfield.

This man looks like a Butterfield.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

(this is not a macro, it's cd insert art)

The Jabberwocky
May 31, 2006

At least it worked.
I found this sign in my little town today.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

How are they going to enforce that?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I see your Soul Man and raise you a Watermelon Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watermelon_Man_(film)

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

bilperkins2 posted:

How are they going to enforce that?

Judo?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I see your Soul Man and raise you a Watermelon Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watermelon_Man_(film)

I see your watermelon man and raise you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebh6x6Bze_0

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

FinalGamer posted:

Well, I don't know what the mechanism of melanin/albinism is, but protein synthesis tends to be multistage process that's guided by several enzymes created from several genes. One pair of defective alleles responsible for one part of a protein's synthesis is easily enough to stop the synthesis altogether.

Those skin color palette alleles you see in high-school books don't matter at all in that case.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Trast posted:

This man looks like a Butterfield.

CALL NOW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

bilperkins2 posted: