Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
If there's even a remote chance we get a character like "Juice Guy" it'll be worth skipping through the serious stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

urk the quack posted:

If there's even a remote chance we get a character like "Juice Guy" it'll be worth skipping through the serious stuff.

That's fair.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Good to see some love for HWYW. I love Julie, I'm excited for her pilot with Billy Eichner, here's hoping it gets picked up.

This week's Walking the Room was great with Patton guest hosting.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

The Berzerker posted:

Good to see some love for HWYW. I love Julie, I'm excited for her pilot with Billy Eichner, here's hoping it gets picked up.

I'm less excited about "Mulaney," though. That trailer was... not very good.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Considering who is on it, and who wrote for it, I have some faith. Fox aren't amazing but they're putting Mulaney on the same night as Bob's Burgers and Brooklyn Nine Nine, both of which are fantastic shows, so I have hope.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Binowru posted:

I'm less excited about "Mulaney," though. That trailer was... not very good.

I really want to like John's work, but they definitely did a good job making the show look pretty conventional.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Brooklyn Nine Nine had a lame trailer too

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Don't judge it by the sneak peek, every show has a bad trailer. I don't even know why they try to drum up publicity with those. "Pilots are never that funny... Let's take all the out-of-context punchlines and cut them together!" I wish networks would put some money into producing cinematic teasers a la FX. Doesn't matter if it's Louie or George Lopez's latest corny sitcom; they make me interested, at the least.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Pilots themselves tend to be pretty lousy. I used to watch a lot of TV pilots (and TV in general) and I can probably count on one hand the pilots that I've seen that were truly good episodes of television. They are primarily made in order to sell the show to the network and have to play it safe to do so.

Hollywood is pretty dumb.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The other thing about comedy shows are that they are often so dependent on a strong ensemble and selling that in a trailer is near impossible. As is selling it in an episode or two. Almost every sitcom I hold in high esteem was not screaming out of the gate.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Been really enjoying the Dollop since it's been revamped with Gareth co-hosting, he and Dave play off each other really well.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Yeah the ghost episode of the Dollop was amazing.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I just posted a new episode of Lou Reads.

http://loureads.com/2014/05/22/lou-reads-from-the-discussions-at-virgin-forums/

Its a little less intense than the previous episode.

King Lou fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 22, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
To be fair, real crime scene reports would've been less intense than the previous one, too.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Lennon Parham's story about Jason Mantzoukas needing to flee midtown NY during 9/11 might be one of the funniest things I've heard in weeks during this week's Improv4Humans.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

16 min into the PFT ep of The Todd Glass Show and there's no way this isn't going to be an amazing episode.

e: PFT seriously is the Todd Whisperer.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 23, 2014

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

The new Todd Glass Show with PFT is indeed really good. Around 1h45m Paul mimics Todd's controlling/OCD hosting style for at least a minute and it's exactly as on point as you'd expect.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Effeminate Don Rickles is the best thing.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Conduit for Sale! posted:

16 min into the PFT ep of The Todd Glass Show and there's no way this isn't going to be an amazing episode.

e: PFT seriously is the Todd Whisperer.

Is it the Jen Kirkman episode (#152)?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

Is it the Jen Kirkman episode (#152)?

There's a new one today with PFT. #153

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Todd thinks about saying bad words a lot. He even busted it out on his short book promo on WTF today.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Drunkboxer posted:

Todd thinks about saying bad words a lot. He even busted it out on his short book promo on WTF today.

I feel like he thinks that's his "thing". I appreciate him getting people to give more thought to what they say but, ok, we get it.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Does anyone know what Todd's dogshit songs are? I tried to google the one where the guy "slipped and fell and it hurt like hell" but didn't get any results.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
That PFT Todd Glass episode is totally brilliant - Paul talking about his traumatic childhood over that dumb music killed me every single time. And excellent observation by him that all 'old showbiz cool' is just them fake apologising.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Are there any podcasts that are good and come out on Tuesdays? Not Comedy Bang Bang

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

The Berzerker posted:

Are there any podcasts that are good and come out on Tuesdays? Not Comedy Bang Bang

Hollywood Handbook

CherryDoom
Jul 5, 2005

SIGH

The Berzerker posted:

Go Bayside!

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

The Berzerker posted:

Professor Blastoff

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

The answer is "no", apparently.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like Crab Feast, but I might be the only one here that does.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Drunkboxer posted:

I like Crab Feast, but I might be the only one here that does.

I like it, but my listening is guest-dependent.

xtrmntallhippies
Aug 27, 2006
extra mean tall hippies
I will second the Crabfeast and Professor Blastoff. Professor Blastoff is hit and miss but I think it might be the funniest podcast I've ever listened to at its best. The last couple episodes have been pretty good.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I'm a fan of her stand up bit Tig Notaro's cadence bugs me if I listen too long.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

The Berzerker posted:

I dunno how you feel about Bret Easton Ellis, but I enjoy his show (I love his voice, and his books, but he's pretty pretentious).

Also Stone Cold's first podcast of the week comes out on Tuesdays. Same with the Ten Minute Podcast.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

The Dork Forest has been coming out on Tuesdays. I'm an on and off listener, because some of the topics I just can't force myself to care about, but I like Jackie Kashian so I usually like the ones I listen to.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
I wouldn't say that they tend to stick too close to the topics most of the time.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter
Sklarbro County drops late Monday/early Tuesday. Fun if you're into the Sklars and want to hear crazy stories about Florida.

The new Norm MacDonald episode with Adam Sandler was really underwhelming.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Cast No Engine posted:

I dunno how you feel about Bret Easton Ellis, but I enjoy his show (I love his voice, and his books, but he's pretty pretentious).

Also Stone Cold's first podcast of the week comes out on Tuesdays. Same with the Ten Minute Podcast.

Bret Easton Ellis podcast is unintentionally hilarious. He is so incredibly pretentious but even when I don't agree with his views, I love hearing him talk. Fun game: see how long it takes for his guest to speak. Or how soon Ellis says "haters" or mentions his 22 year old boyfriend, which he does in every ep.

As for the original question, the audio version of the Desus vs Mero podcast comes out on Tuesdays. Required listening IMO. Two sneaky smart dudes from The Bronx who will drop Thomas Kincaid references while talking about going knuckle deep into Kim Kardashian's butt.

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 28, 2014

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

As for the original question, the audio version of the Desus vs Mero podcast comes out on Tuesdays. Required listening IMO. Two sneaky smart dudes from The Bronx who will drop Thomas Kincaid references while talking about going knuckle deep into Kim Kardashian's butt.

This is a great podcast, although I probably prefer the video version which drops on Fridays (despite the TMZ-style editing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I bank a bunch of podcasts I only listen to for occasional guests/topics and listen to those on "no release days" like Tuesdays (Todd Glass, Jeff Rubin Jeff Rubin, Hardcore History, WTF, ect.).

Honestly though, with the U2 podcast being super long and NNF being twice a week I can't keep up with podcasts like I used to :(

• Locked thread