Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I'm going to disagree. Gold is almost certainly a Baron upgrade, but the decal on the belt piece for Silver strongly reminds me of Gaim's helmet. Kouta doesn't really need another upgrade with Triumphant Arms, but Silver looks like it's designed for him.

E: Then again, there's also that third silhouette on the left in the top panel. It's kinda weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Wow, that was really goofy. I did like Takatora as Forze: "It's space ti- That's about as much as I'll humor that."

Though watching Micchy as Double was infuriating. It's time to count up your sins you say? No, it's time for you to count up your sins Micchy. :argh:

To be fair...He IS two faced XD

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

They're movie riders, people.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Rei_ posted:

They're movie riders, people.

That would also make sense.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

So todays episdode

Ryouma cut his brain out of his own skull and put it inside Hakkaider.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I was all ready to hate this episode for interrupting the plot but that was actually pretty fun. Ryoma is the best.

THAT PREVIEW THOUGH!

Next episode: Everything explodes everywhere, poo poo going down hard, Kiwami lockseed.

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008
If I'm not interested in the Kikaider crossover can I skip this episode?

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Thurm posted:

If I'm not interested in the Kikaider crossover can I skip this episode?

You could skip it and not miss anything but you shouldn't skip it because it was really fun and much better than the train Power Rangers crossover was.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
I can't believe they made a crossover commercial episode not only fit into the story of gaim, but incredibly enjoyable to boot.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Apollove posted:

I can't believe they made a crossover commercial episode not only fit into the story of gaim, but incredibly enjoyable to boot.

I don't think it really fits anywhere (certainly not after episode 29, which ends with one of the Overlords warping to Zawame), but at least it didn't have anyone acting really out of character like the last one did.

EDIT

This glorious thing just showed up on my twitter feed.

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 07:52 on May 18, 2014

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Gaim/Wizard wasn't that bad. I'm still undecided on Evil Gaim's mustache. Because that the only thing I saw with its black mouthplate.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
We interrupt this evil fruit apocalypse to bring you a heartwarming story of a boy and his robot buddy (episode 30's out).

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Is, is he playing an acoustic track on an electric guitar?

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Gonna be kinda sad if the next lockseed upgrade doesn't keep Rise Up Your Flag. I haven't seen much in the way of suit pictures so it might not even HAVE flags, but it's probably my favorite insert song for getting hype, even over Extreme Dream and Leave All Behind.

Also while writing this I realized that I didn't even know what Infinity's theme was and had to look it up.

Edit: I also just started watching Black. Is it one of those series where I should hit certain episodes, or is it worth watching the whole thing?

Darksaber fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 19, 2014

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Black has sprees where it dedicates itself to the plot and those are really when it's top tier and unbeatable.

But, honestly, if you think you can marathon MOTW stuff, watch all of it. The energy of the show is fantastic, the acting from Kotaro is great, and the monster suits are, with few exceptions, stellar.

If you'd prefer a more no nonsense watch of Black, ask here and I'll make a guide.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Someone really needs to do a "watch only these episodes" of OOO because like half that series was completely pointless. I love it, but I'd never just blindly subject anyone else to the middle again.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Burkion posted:

Black has sprees where it dedicates itself to the plot and those are really when it's top tier and unbeatable.

But, honestly, if you think you can marathon MOTW stuff, watch all of it. The energy of the show is fantastic, the acting from Kotaro is great, and the monster suits are, with few exceptions, stellar.

If you'd prefer a more no nonsense watch of Black, ask here and I'll make a guide.

I've only seen the first two episodes so far, and I'll take your word for it and just marathon or skip over MOTW stuff if it becomes boring. The spider suits were legit awesome although I did spend a good bit of time laughing my rear end off at the were-leopard or whatever that thing in episode 2 was.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, those two are a good back to back example of GOOD MOTW suit and BAD MOTW suit that you can expect. Thankfully the good far out weighs the bad.

I will warn, we get children related MOTW plots that are kind of awful later except for all of the monster and Rider stuff, and there is one episode you should skip at all costs-the one with the loving Buffalo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The hospital episode was quite possibly the dumbest plot I have ever seen in my life. They set up car crashes and then took dudes to a hospital they controlled so that they could be made into international terrorists. That isn't a bad plan at all, if you just want to cause chaos. However, they didn't use any sort of mind control or physical alterations. They treated their injuries and used their gratitude to the doctor that worked on them as the only method of control. Then they got a truck driver to serve as their drill sergeant, and their training consisted of smacking each other with rifles and running through explosions. When they got fed up with all of the bullshit on what I recall as the first day, they sent a monster in to kill all of the trainee terrorists. I started skimming episodes looking for plot development after that.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Serious Frolicking posted:

The hospital episode was quite possibly the dumbest plot I have ever seen in my life.

I remember really liking that episode for how silly the whole thing was. I don't think there was a single episode of Black I found unentertaining, but Golgom is very incompetent except on the rare occasions they aren't and most of the last 15 or so episodes. I think my favorite was an early episode where they want to slow or stop human technological progress so they make a few computer engineers depressed. And that's all they do for the entire episode. I'd still call the MOTW in Black better than the stuff I've seen in Heisei Rider shows, it's just really well done even when the premise is bizarre or stupid. Also the monsters have the decency to only last for an episode before getting blown up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

jonjonaug posted:

I remember really liking that episode for how silly the whole thing was. I don't think there was a single episode of Black I found unentertaining, but Golgom is very incompetent except on the rare occasions they aren't and most of the last 15 or so episodes. I think my favorite was an early episode where they want to slow or stop human technological progress so they make a few computer engineers depressed. And that's all they do for the entire episode. I'd still call the MOTW in Black better than the stuff I've seen in Heisei Rider shows, it's just really well done even when the premise is bizarre or stupid. Also the monsters have the decency to only last for an episode before getting blown up.

That's a lot of why I don't like Black much. Kotaro is very intense in his hatred for Golgom, but they were incompetent and silly. Golgom is initially presented as this far-reaching and influential secret society from which there is no escape, but nope, it has like 5 human members total and they are also kind of stupid. There is just that bizarre disconnect between the premise and the execution.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Was that... a new Invess design? During a movie promotion crossover?! :monocle:

EDIT: Please tell me Pepsi is sponsoring the Kikaider movie. When I saw his belt buckle I knew it was a match made in heaven.

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 20, 2014

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Found these:

Motto fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 21, 2014

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Did you know, there are three kind of Riders? Those who seek strength, those who live for justice, and those who can read the tide of apple? ...Those are the three.

And him? He was a Kamen Rider they called solo wing micchy. This man was his buddy.

He is the man I seek.

It was a warm and fruity day.

The Invess war was shrouded in mystery. Everybody's a hero. And a villain. And noone knows who is he victim, and who is the aggressor. And what is peas?

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 21, 2014

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I never knew how much I wanted something til now.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

A Scientist who's sour for Power

That's pretty brilliant

Rei_
May 16, 2004

You know four posts later I realize it was a metal gear thing and not an ace combat thing.

Oh well, SECOND most embarrassing Kamen Rider Gaim thing I've done today.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm not an Ace Combat or Metal Gear guy so I just assumed you were using something from some MGS5 trailer. :v:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Motto posted:

I'm not an Ace Combat or Metal Gear guy so I just assumed you were using something from some MGS5 trailer. :v:

All I know is that I need to find a way to shoehorn "It was a warm and fruity day." into a conversation asap. :v:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The only thing I can recall from this most recent episode of Kikaider is that Kouta did an old-fashioned Rider Kick without his armor on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Here's what the Gold Apple Lockseed looks like.

His name is either Malus or Mars, and he's played by a kabuki actor.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Goddamn that guy looks classy and dramatic.

Too bad he's being relegated to one shot character like Sorcerer :negative:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Hahahaha his suit is literally this. :allears:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

Here's what the Gold Apple Lockseed looks like.

His name is either Malus or Mars, and he's played by a kabuki actor.

Hi, chairman.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

I am now super dissapointed that he does not have the bell pepper lock seed.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Valhawk posted:

I am now super dissapointed that he does not have the bell pepper lock seed.

CAPSICUM ARMS
ALLEZ CUISINE

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Box of Bunnies posted:

PEPPER ARMS
ALLEZ CUISINE

Fixed that for you.

Also

JALAPENO ARMS
ALL FIRED UP

HABANERO ARMS
AYIYIYIYIYI~!

CAYENNE ARMS
YEE-HAW!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
And finally here's Kiwami Arms and Sliver Apple. And I have no idea what the Kiwami armor thing is gonna look like now.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Not as bad as Cosmic States, but pretty drat close. No where near as good looking as Kachidoki is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Shogun Fruit Salad looks amazing and I'm so glad that they went with such a drastic change from Kachidoki. Kiwami actually manages to look kind of regal what with the armor and all the lot seeds hanging off of him.

• Locked thread