Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Despite my criticism about the idol (and particularly Jeff not clarifying how it can be used) I did find this an appropriate finale. Woo making the stupidest move in a season full of them - that's the sort of perfection you can't script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

mancalamania posted:

The real headscracther is that none of these weird reasons match his behavior for the first 37 days of the game, where he came across as naive but willing to backstab if need be, and at various points agreed to vote out (and some cases actually did vote out) his close allies Cliff, LJ, Jefra, and Trish.
Because Tony told him to.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
There are some season available on Amazon Prime, so I was excited to rewatch some seasons. Let see what we got, uugggghhhh, Nicaragua, Redemption Island, South Pacific, and One World.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Well I guess that's why they're available for free.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Blood vs Water strategy does not fix Redemption Island. No amount of strategy and personal drama gets around the fact that it's 20% of the show wasted on non-players doing boring challenges.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Tyree posted:

There are some season available on Amazon Prime, so I was excited to rewatch some seasons. Let see what we got, uugggghhhh, Nicaragua, Redemption Island, South Pacific, and One World.

There's a tonne of seasons on Hulu Plus.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What a crazy final. To me, the most entertaining part was that if Kass had just hustled in the final challenge instead of briskly walking through the stations she would have secured a 2nd place final, and Woo would have unanimously won the game. Hilariously, Woo winning Immunity was the worst thing he could have done! Thankfully we got the deserving winner.

I wonder why Tasha voted for Woo? That made me think a lot less of her intelligence.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

GaussianCopula posted:

On good news is that Jeff confirmed on ew.com that they solved the water challenge problem and we will have them the next 2 seasons.

What water challenge problem?

Bigass Moth posted:

I wonder why Tasha voted for Woo? That made me think a lot less of her intelligence.

Bitterness, fell in with group think at Ponderosa, assumed very few were swayed by Spencer.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Wow, I'm watching Kass' ponderosa video and she is possibly even worse than she was on the game. So petty and full of herself "can't figure out why they're so mad at me, I just played my game :smug: ". They all snub her and she gets indignant that they aren't fighting with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32A7ZTrUgTM

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Has Spencer posted the contents of that letter Probst gave him? Didn't see it on his twitter.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Met posted:

What water challenge problem?

There was a lack of them because they didn't have any good places for them

Lone Goat posted:

Has Spencer posted the contents of that letter Probst gave him? Didn't see it on his twitter.

He hasn't opened it yet, he wants to save it for when he's feeling down.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Bigass Moth posted:

Hilariously, Woo winning Immunity was the worst thing he could have done! Thankfully we got the deserving winner.

Has Kass confirmed she would have taken Woo if she had won that? I ask because didn't she have several talking heads in previous episodes about how big a goat she felt Tony was?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Teek posted:

Has Kass confirmed she would have taken Woo if she had won that? I ask because didn't she have several talking heads in previous episodes about how big a goat she felt Tony was?

She said a couple of times she would take him and Tony/Spencer also seemed to think so. She even said at the final four tribal she had a better shot against Woo than against Tony, so probably, but Kaos reigns.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Met posted:

Bitterness, fell in with group think at Ponderosa, assumed very few were swayed by Spencer.

Huh, I keep seeing this, I guess I'm the only one that assumed Tasha voted for Woo out of pity? I thought she just felt bad that he wasn't going to get any votes.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

It surprises me because Tasha shouldn't be better at all. She was against Tony openly, she was never betrayed by him.

Spencer's face when Kass got voted out in that Ponderosa clip, hahahah

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The constant whining from Kass "you only hate me because I'm a woman" is getting pretty nauseating. Her capacity for self delusion never ceases to amaze.

Edit: got one.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 23, 2014

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Edit: got one.

Well post it, dude

Can those who watch all the interviews and stuff recommend the best ones? I want to watch them over the summer, but I don't want to go through every single one. Mostly all I know about is RHAP and Parvati's Survivor Live.

blue squares fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 23, 2014

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

blue squares posted:

Well post it, dude

I'm on my phone and Awful.app keeps crashing when I try. Sorting out a workaround.

Edit: There we go.

With bonus Trish doing Blue Steel.

In J'Tia's defence, she was pretty GIFable.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 23, 2014

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Tasha looks like Lafayette from True Blood in that screenshot.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Poque posted:

Tasha looks like Lafayette from True Blood in that screenshot.

Boom!

Such a good season for GIFs.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
On further reflection, do you think Kass has any chance as a returnee to avoid being the first boot or in case her tribe is ulonging the other maybe even her tribe throwing a challenge? KaosKass is someone you never want in the game regardless what type of player you are.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

She sucks to be around AND will randomly blow up your plans? Yeah, that sounds like first boot material to me.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Well if she's back in a season with Tony/Russell/Hatch types those guys could easily be targeted over her. You know the big alpha males will be chomping at the bits to take each other out.

Either that or she can make great pre-game alliances:

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Favorites vs Least Favorites

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah Kass would be a total waste of a returning slot that should go to someone like Tasha. She's an early boot with zero upside that never gets into a position to stir the pot. Heck, I'd take Morgan, Trish or J'Tia over Kass returning.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

BGrifter posted:

Yeah Kass would be a total waste of a returning slot that should go to someone like Tasha. She's an early boot with zero upside that never gets into a position to stir the pot. Heck, I'd take Morgan, Trish or J'Tia over Kass returning.
She'd probably help the ratings, so there would be an upside for the producers.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Juanito posted:

She'd probably help the ratings, so there would be an upside for the producers.

It's certainly possible, but I'm not so sure she's the type of returnee the fans love to hate and would tune in to watch suffer. Plus if it's a full or mostly all stars season I'm guessing there isn't a huge chunk of the Survivor audience they'd fail to attract with other players but get with Kass.

Could be wrong, but I suspect Kass has more "get off my screen" hate than "she makes me mad and I want to see her downfall" hate.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Well if she's back in a season with Tony/Russell/Hatch types those guys could easily be targeted over her. You know the big alpha males will be chomping at the bits to take each other out.

Who is that other woman?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Lone Goat posted:

Who is that other woman?

Abi-Maria

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

Who is that other woman?

I am really confused as to why there are at least three people in that room watching Kass take a poo poo

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Aerox posted:

I am really confused as to why there are at least three people in that room watching Kass take a poo poo

You wouldn't be confused if she were a man! :colbert:

Sorry, too many Kass postgame interviews. She regurgitates the same talking point every interview.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Aerox posted:

Maybe her poo poo really does smell like roses!

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
Tony deciding to play on Woo's honour, which he had exhibited none of before, and it working, is just funny to me.

This season was pretty fun. Kinda obvious Tony would win. Though everyone crying spoilers about Tony and Spencer's constant twitter conversations meaning those two must be the final two had me convinced but we were all a buncha wrongies.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Metropolis posted:

Tony deciding to play on Woo's honour, which he had exhibited none of before, and it working, is just funny to me.

Not to the viewers anyway.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

Doesn't it go in boot order? Wasn't Trish right before Spencer, and didn't Sarah go first, etc.?

I recall Kass going before Spencer, and Spencer going last.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

the truth posted:

I recall Kass going before Spencer, and Spencer going last.

That's what we saw, but they likely asked questions in boot order. It made more tv sense to show Spencer and his speech last instead of 2nd last.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

JesusSinfulHands posted:

This would immediately go down as my favorite alliance in survivor history.

:lol:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

GuavaMoment posted:

That's what we saw, but they likely asked questions in boot order. It made more tv sense to show Spencer and his speech last instead of 2nd last.

Yeah they commonly show the FTC out of order. They also use reaction shots to different moments and mix up the order of challenges too. (A best of seven challenge might become a best of five or even three on TV)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I hate the way Survivor does the family stuff, and the way they use "love" as a noun and I always fast forward through it all. So I thought I would hate B/V, but it was actually really good. I'm not totally sure I'm ready for another one so soon but what the heck, why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

BGrifter posted:

Yeah they commonly show the FTC out of order. They also use reaction shots to different moments and mix up the order of challenges too. (A best of seven challenge might become a best of five or even three on TV)

do they do multiple challenges at each level? i can see making a bigger challenge look smaller, but not a smaller challenge look bigger.

• Locked thread