Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Apparently prices are up for that Eva MP Prime and they're not crazy, but I can't find any

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Have we seen prices on MakeToys Utopia?

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Found my MP Grimlock at TRU today, only had to race about a dozen people who showed up at opening time to the back of the store to grab one of three tTRU managed to get in stock. Pretty excited to get Grimlock but pretty bummed out about the other 9 guys that went home empty handed.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

What state are you in?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Duh, he already said he's in a state of bliss.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I am in North TX, I have been going to TRU about every other day and asking about Grimlock and got informed he would be coming in on the Thursday shipment and would be on the shelf Friday morning when they open. TRU has only had the price and SKU on the shelves for a good week now and the same thing for the Grimlock double packs.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Rage posted:

Between the quality of the Takara Starscream and the coronation stuff/other extras he came with, I didn't mind spending the $200 considering he's been imported across an ocean. That's what I was getting at.

And what I'm getting at is that the Takara Starscream retailed for at least $150 in Japan even without import shipping and taxes, which is ridiculous considering Hasbro managed to sell the exact same mold minus cheap plastic cape and crown for half the price.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I picked up Slug and Scorn this week and I have to say that I really like their alt and bot modes. The knight motif is really cool and the hulked out dino mode is fun. How many more dinobots will we get as toys? I saw the movie version of Swoop but it was in the easy change toys. I'm still on the fence with Voyager Grimlock and I might wait for the two pack.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Revolver Bunker posted:

I picked up Slug and Scorn this week and I have to say that I really like their alt and bot modes. The knight motif is really cool and the hulked out dino mode is fun. How many more dinobots will we get as toys? I saw the movie version of Swoop but it was in the easy change toys. I'm still on the fence with Voyager Grimlock and I might wait for the two pack.

Deluxes:

Scorn the Spinosaurus
Slug the Triceratops
Strafe the Bicephalopteranodon
Snarl the Stegosaurus
Slash the Velociraptor

Voyagers:

Grimlock the Tyrannosaur
Slog the Brachiosaurus

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
EDIT: Crisis averted! I figured who and what Pharaohtron was.

Lepecard fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 24, 2014

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Lepecard posted:

Hey everyone, I've got a question that's been bugging me.

Wasn't there an Egyptian styled transformer? Like a sphinx?

I could have sworn I saw one a few years back and it was named Pharaoh-tron or something like that?

Am I crazy or was there really something like that? Maybe I saw some fan art or something...

You might be thinking of Mugen Pharaoh from Mugenbine.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lepecard posted:

Hey everyone, I've got a question that's been bugging me.

Wasn't there an Egyptian styled transformer? Like a sphinx?

I could have sworn I saw one a few years back and it was named Pharaoh-tron or something like that?

Am I crazy or was there really something like that? Maybe I saw some fan art or something...

It's not a Sphinx, but maybe you're thinking of this hideous thing?

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
Pyramidas?

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

MB13 posted:

Pyramidas?

OH! Forgot how badass Pyramidas was but no.

Captain Invictus posted:

It's not a Sphinx, but maybe you're thinking of this hideous thing?

Yeesh,thankfully that's not it...

ForeverSmug posted:

You might be thinking of Mugen Pharaoh from Mugenbine.

Not that, but after looking that up I wish I had it.

I did finally remember where I had seen it. It was in a comic that was included with one of Fansproject's City Commander sets.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Rei_ posted:

Apparently prices are up for that Eva MP Prime and they're not crazy, but I can't find any

Webstore exclusive, limited to 1000 Pieces, preorder goes up on June 12th, you're not going to get it

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Other posted:

Webstore exclusive, limited to 1000 Pieces, preorder goes up on June 12th, you're not going to get it

Not with that attitude he ain't!

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Other posted:

you're not going to get it

Print this on every MP

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That's obviously his scorpion tail. He does seem to be proportioned similarly to Lugnut though.
I wasn't just talking about the tail, he's still posed all hunched over, but after looking at it some more it looks like he could be posed to stand normally. That seems like a weird pose to use for your first released image of a figure, it makes me wonder if he's too backheavy to stand up straight with the tail so they just made that the "default" pose.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, he does have a tail. The teaser pic is meant to show that off, an action stinging pose or something like that.

We'll need to see an actual photograph to be 100% sure of course.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

ForeverSmug posted:

Print this on every MP

Correction: Print this on every Hasbro MP.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
You can put the mini-cons on Armada Starscream's mini-con ports, neat.

The helicopter one fits perfect on his arm too.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
So which one of you gents is gonna help out a stranded Saturnian with this upcoming TRU exclusive 2Pac

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Ka0 posted:

So which one of you gents is gonna help out a stranded Saturnian with this upcoming TRU exclusive 2Pac

That is a heinous amount of chrome on Classics Prime, holy cow.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
But evasion prime has the mouthplate in that pack. So if you want mouthplated evasion prime you have to get fabulous SuperShinyPants Prime there.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rita Repulsa posted:

But evasion prime has the mouthplate in that pack. So if you want mouthplated evasion prime you have to get fabulous SuperShinyPants Prime there.

Or wait for the Grimlock/Evasion two-pack that I'm pretty sure is still coming out.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Quick question: What is the best site to buy Masterpiece figures and it ships to anywhere in the world? I was once lurking on this thread and I recall that someone was talking about how some sites were compromised and credit card information was being stolen. I'm mostly looking at BBTS but I would want some reassurance before adding to my collection.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Iced Cocoa posted:

Quick question: What is the best site to buy Masterpiece figures and it ships to anywhere in the world? I was once lurking on this thread and I recall that someone was talking about how some sites were compromised and credit card information was being stolen. I'm mostly looking at BBTS but I would want some reassurance before adding to my collection.

Never had a problem with BBTS in over ten years of using them. HobbyLink Japan is probably cheaper, though, and also reliable. The only TF-related credit card theft incident I can recall is when the TF Collector's Club was compromised and every single member's info was stolen. As I recall, it was partly them being sloppy about it, but I don't remember fully. All I know is you'll never catch me giving them any CC info again.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Ka0 posted:

Yo, I don't give a poo poo about the chrome. I'd do it just to own Classics PRime again.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ka0 posted:

Oh poo poo I want thi...

oh did you say TRU exclusive... goddammit goddammit GODDAMMIT!!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Keldroc posted:

Never had a problem with BBTS in over ten years of using them. HobbyLink Japan is probably cheaper, though, and also reliable.

Seconding BBTS. They're not the cheapest for sure, but reliable.

I've found a Toys r Us which has, barring a massive communication error, set me aside a Masterpiece Grimlock.

Assuming this is correct, I'll post the item code so you guys can pester employeesask around.

EDIT: The item number is 500256. The Orland Park, Illinois still has 3 Masterpiece Grimlocks left on shelf, and a couple on hold.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 24, 2014

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ka0 posted:

drat, Evasion Mode Prime really is tiny isn't he?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They're... right there, in the box picture. As you see he compresses a lot for vehicle mode.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
That aerodynamic addition to classic prime always looks so silly.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

EDIT: The item number is 500256. The Orland Park, Illinois still has 3 Masterpiece Grimlocks left on shelf, and a couple on hold.

One of you attractive goons should send one to me.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I was at Target and browsed the Transformers section, they had a Voyager Grimlock and I picked him up to give him a chance... I.... like him. He looks a lot better in hand and I love the design of the robot and poses you can get. His weapon sucks and I kind of wish he didn't even have it. The bronze color is loving criminal, I hope there's a redeco down that line, hell I'd like him better if he was just various shades of grey and black.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Sire Oblivion posted:

I was at Target and browsed the Transformers section, they had a Voyager Grimlock and I picked him up to give him a chance... I.... like him. He looks a lot better in hand and I love the design of the robot and poses you can get. His weapon sucks and I kind of wish he didn't even have it. The bronze color is loving criminal, I hope there's a redeco down that line, hell I'd like him better if he was just various shades of grey and black.

I have good news, and also bad.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11818&mode=retail

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I think he means the AoE one

here's some good and also bad news about that one, too

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Welp, here's to hoping for a cheap redeco. I don't even care if it's in G1 colors, just something else.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cassa posted:

That aerodynamic addition to classic prime always looks so silly
The dumbest part is that it's not even really "optional" either - the windvane covers his otherwise really obvious head.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Iced Cocoa posted:

BBTS is a quality place. I also use TFSource, which I've never had a problem with.

Captured Prey also has some of the better prices around but their poo poo has moved sort of slow for me. Never any QC issues though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

You know what? With the PE Scorponok coming out and the Maketoys one, I've asked myself why the gently caress I'm getting the Botcon set.

I don't give two shits about Devcon or Cannonball, and think Ferak looks like rear end. I also don't need an orange Classics Prime. I'm gonna cancel the set once their offices open this week and save myself 400 dollars