Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think I'm going to take Pikmin3. I should play that, right? I enjoyed the first two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hell yeah, brother.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I was about to throw $120 at Nintendo for PIkmin 3 and Mario Kart 8, but they were nice and just made it $60. It's great that they don't actually want my money!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I'm probably gonna give my free code to my brother. I already own the games they're offering, and he probably doesn't. :shrug:

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Mercury Crusader posted:

I'm probably gonna give my free code to my brother. I already own the games they're offering, and he probably doesn't. :shrug:

If by some chance your brother doesn't want it, please send a Super Mario Bros U code my way... brother :)

Back to Hyrule Warriors, here's a website that has a few screenshots that haven't been posted so far. Enjoy: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/856/856243/

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

F. Lobot posted:

It looks terrible! Excuse me if this is old news, but I just can't believe I went this long without knowing.

You excused but how you go this long without knowing? I just can't believe it...

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Trent posted:

I think I'm going to take Pikmin3. I should play that, right? I enjoyed the first two.

I hated Pikmin 1 and found Pikmin 3 to be a lot of fun. If you enjoyed the first two then Pikmin 3 should thrill you.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Pokken is just a portmanteau of Pokemon and Tekken. It's also the German word for smallpox. :psypop:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TEHJOE posted:

Pokken is just a portmanteau of Pokemon and Tekken. It's also the German word for smallpox. :psypop:

It's so you know the game's sick.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

TEHJOE posted:

Except it's called Pokkén, which isn't German for anything.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Ken means fist in Japanese, I believe.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
I want to buy a wii U for X. But I'm afraid X will get cancelled. Does anyone here feel like X won't be cancelled?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

MentholsNBeer posted:

I want to buy a wii U for X. But I'm afraid X will get cancelled. Does anyone here feel like X won't be cancelled?

Nintendo's been hyping it pretty big in their directs, and it looks pretty well into development based on the footage they've shown. (as in, there's gameplay footage to show and not just clips from cutscenes and proof of concept stuff)

I think it'll probably come out. If you're that worried, just wait and pick a Wii U up after a release date for X is announced, since games aren't often cancelled after that point.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Considering how much they've shown for X so far I really doubt they'd cancel it but you may want to wait until E3 to see how much they highlight the game and get a feeling as to when it'll come out. Safe bet is 2015, which means you'll probably be able to find a WiiU for $100 by then.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Wii U is saved

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Help Im Alive posted:

The Wii U is saved

Does this mean that everyone on the planet has an average of ~12 of the original Wii, and that, therefore, a family of four would have nearly 50 Wiis?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Patter Song posted:

Does this mean that everyone on the planet has an average of ~12 of the original Wii, and that, therefore, a family of four would have nearly 50 Wiis?

Just 100 GameCubes duct taped together.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

TEHJOE posted:

No, it's a portmanteau of Pokemon and "ken", which is "fist." "Tekken" is itself a portmanteau of "iron" and "fist" and combined using Japanese linguistic rules.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't understand why people even consider buying consoles for games that aren't even out yet. Like, why not buy the console and the game when the latter's released?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ask that to the millions of people who buy systems at launch for some reason.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

Help Im Alive posted:

The Wii U is saved

Corey there is going to have a bright future, I'd wager!

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

I don't understand why people even consider buying consoles for games that aren't even out yet. Like, why not buy the console and the game when the latter's released?

I dunno man. I really want to play X. Maybe this is my only chance to grab a Wii U that's not all hosed up in the back of the pawn shop for like $45. I loved Xenogears so much, and this looks like it is the true spiritual successor to Xenogears, just it is on an awesome system (compared to the ps1) and it won't have half it's budget stolen to fund FFVII.

If you were someone who loved the first disc of Xenogears and thought the whole game would be like that, you could understand why I'm afraid the game might be cancelled/the budget might shrink.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MentholsNBeer posted:

Maybe this is my only chance to grab a Wii U that's not all hosed up in the back of the pawn shop for like $45.

Dude, if THAT'S what you are worried about then you're being foolish.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

That's why I asked. I just don't trust Nintendo, or Monolith Soft a whole lot. But if you guys say it's ok to wait until it comes out to buy both, then ok I guess...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Buying a Wii U won't make X come out any faster. Plus it's not like the system is doing so poorly it practically won't exist a year from now, don't be so paranoid!

Sorry in advance if Nintendo or Monolith suddenly and tragically collapse in the near future.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

TaurusOxford posted:

Dude, if THAT'S what you are worried about then you're being foolish.

Yeah. No one is buying the thing so you'll prolly be able to pick it up on clearance by the time Nintendo quietly cancels X for their new console like they did Kirby (multiple times).

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Yeah. No one is buying the thing so you'll prolly be able to pick it up on clearance by the time Nintendo quietly cancels X for their new console like they did Kirby (multiple times).

This guy understands...

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

your paranoia is really silly and based on the budget constraints of a 15 year old game (and not the more recent actually complete game that it is more directly related to) so I kinda hope it does get cancelled just because

jk I want it too and I'm reasonably confident it won't be cancelled :cool:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Nickoten posted:

No, it's a portmanteau of Pokemon and "ken", which is "fist." "Tekken" is itself a portmanteau of "iron" and "fist" and combined using Japanese linguistic rules.

This is incredibly nitpicky, but "ken" isn't strictly "fist". Instead there are several spellings (or more accurately, several different kanji characters) of ken, which can mean things like sword, fist or even dog. Thank you Tales series for this very relevant information!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

This game isn't out yet. Thus it must not exist.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

X actually looked pretty far along in the E3 trailer a year ago. A 2014 release seems pretty reasonable.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Wouldn't be too surprised if they do a game a month like last year with dates announced on E3, like
Sep. Hyrule Warriors
Oct. Bayo 2
Nov. game they announce with bigger appeal
Dec. X

MentholsNBeer posted:

That's why I asked. I just don't trust Nintendo, or Monolith Soft a whole lot. But if you guys say it's ok to wait until it comes out to buy both, then ok I guess...

Refurbished Wii Us from the Nintendo site are at 200 bucks, so i'd say it's good to wait until the game you want is out so they get even cheaper.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think you're forgetting Smash Bros.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wonder what the odds are on 3D World ever getting DLC? I would kill for a New Super Luigi U type of expansion for that game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

greatn posted:

I think you're forgetting Smash Bros.

I kinda forgot it's a game that will be released and just starting thinking of it as an abstract part of my life. So, Smash for November

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I kinda forgot it's a game that will be released and just starting thinking of it as an abstract part of my life. So, Smash for November

it's coming out for the 3DS really soon actually, I'm loving psyched. When's E3?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

I wonder what the odds are on 3D World ever getting DLC? I would kill for a New Super Luigi U type of expansion for that game.
NSMBU's had DLC, Pikmin's had DLC, Mario Kart might have DLC, I think it's possible.

The Mario team said in April that they were already working on their next project, which could be the next game, so there might not be a DLC campaign, but we'll see.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Holy gently caress Smash is totally going to have DLC

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's gonna have figures, of course it's gonna have DLC. If it's like Mario Golf, each DLC Pack would come with 2 stages and a character, and a Season Pass to get all of them for cheaper with some bonus. I bet Mario Kart DLC will be the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I hope they don't have much SSB dlc. I tend to not really like fighting game dlc if only because you can't really tell if you like a character until you've tried them out.

• Locked thread