Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I opened a Bomb and a Vanilla Noir and both were fine. And before your shipment I opened a Bomb and a Bible Belt from someone else. No problems with any of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

air- posted:

Correct URL to use for post history is this one, that one is unique for the search you ran :radcat:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/search.php?action=do_search_posthistory&userid=143211

Any goons who I sent Prairie Bomb: please check your bottles ASAP, let me know if there's anything wrong. I heard more reports of rust and it's getting more widespread, would feel like poo poo sending you bad beer.

My noirs/bomb had some rust but it didn't seem to affect the beer from what I could tell (though of the four I've only had bomb before)

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
I de-waxed the bottles I had (not from you air-, just in general) - definitely something resembling moisture under one of them.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003
Any Chicagoons planning on making the drive to Upland Indy to pick up sours from the lottery? Looking for a proxy if someone is already planning a trip. uuudar (at) gmail.com and hopefully we can figure something out.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I didn't win the lottery but am ISO Upland Persimmon.

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Too shy to call your name, too high to to play this game.
Grimey Drawer
ISO: Bretta Rose and Stickee Monkee
FT: Avery barrel series beers (uncle jacon, rumpkin, and a few sours), some Crooked Stave sours (orgins, l'brett, nightmare, batch 60), other northern Colorado beers. Pm me and I will get you a more detailed list of what I have.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Looking to do two different trades:

ISO: case of Fresh Squeezed, case of Easy Jack
FT: Double Barrel Hunahpu's plus others

I can part with a DBH for each case, plus virtually any other CCB beer, especially all regulars. I want as humanly fresh as possible with these beers, and I'll do the same on my end :)

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

If I didn't already have too much beer... gently caress that's super tempting.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Very tempting, but drat that's a lot in shipping on top of the case price.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

dphi posted:

Yeah, I would otherwise be interested in that, but shipping on two cases must be insane. Also I'm moving, having tons of work done on the new place and don't really need any thing else to think about right now.

Edit: all that said, I guess if I finish the move and you haven't found anyone by then, I'd probably jump on this.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 23, 2014

air-
Sep 24, 2007

2x12 bottle shippers would be the way to go it and that'll be roughly $35-40 depending on location etc.

If I can find enough of the beer in one place I think I may go for it.

e: also shout out to cryme, one of the many goons who took me up on sending out Prairie (I'm down to do this again in a few months so yall keep in touch). Awesome box in return! I'll post up all the loot together when all the other inbound boxes arrive next week.

e2: Prairie should really invest in a new capper, you can see the beer seeping out...

air- fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 23, 2014

nah
Mar 16, 2009

dphi posted:

Okay 2 six packs of it then :v:

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Okay 2 six packs of it then :v:

I can get this done for you, shipping out Tuesday. Shoot me an email at uuudar (at) gmail.com

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The only person who should be doing this is someone who lives in, like, north California and is getting the fuckin' freshest possible beer for GK, because he's doing a super solid here.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Does anyone have AA Sahati? I really need that tick, I'm trying for every number one in style on Ratebeer. Also would be interested in getting that Heater Allen Amber Lager that's number one in that category.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Does anyone have AA Sahati? I really need that tick, I'm trying for every number one in style on Ratebeer. Also would be interested in getting that Heater Allen Amber Lager that's number one in that category.

I can probably hook you up when the next AA shipment hits Portland next month. It's probably still available in Bend but I think the few shops in Portland that carry it are all out.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Looking to do two different trades:

ISO: case of Fresh Squeezed, case of Easy Jack
FT: Double Barrel Hunahpu's plus others

I can part with a DBH for each case, plus virtually any other CCB beer, especially all regulars. I want as humanly fresh as possible with these beers, and I'll do the same on my end :)

Sheeeeeit you had to resort to /beertrade to get this one done?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

wattershed posted:

i had a friend who was willing to do it...

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Any Chicagoons need an extra 12 bottle shipper? Got one I won't be using, and it's yours for free or homebrew or whatever you feel like.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

crazyfish posted:

Any Chicagoons need an extra 12 bottle shipper? Got one I won't be using, and it's yours for free or homebrew or whatever you feel like.

Dibs. Working on a trade with Vertigo right now. I'm in Sauganash, but work in loop - let's talk - jbusby at gmail.

Chi <--> Philly for the Vertigo trade geography.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

wattershed posted:

I just wanted to put it out there to a wider audience, and well, it worked, I'm getting a crazy amount of beer for one bottle. Now I can go back to avoiding reddit.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Goon trades are the best trades. This has some other recent local acquisitions , also big thanks to cryme, Hatful, a worthy uhh:

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

I know it's a long shot... but with my schedule, I never get to go to Tired Hands bottle releases....

ISO : Tired Hands bottles

I'm also ISO
Pirate Bomb
Bruery RS stuff(Choc Rain, BT, MW, etc)
CCB Big Bottles
Good sours and stouts I may not have heard of.

PM me and we can discuss. I do have a cellar list.

Vertigo fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jun 1, 2014

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I don't have PMs so hit me up in ratebeer at Honuswagner, I am still iso those Oregon ticks but also just open to general trades (and I have some big format CCB stuff including vintage bottles).

air-
Sep 24, 2007

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

I just wanted to put it out there to a wider audience, and well, it worked, I'm getting a crazy amount of beer for one bottle. Now I can go back to avoiding reddit.

Awesome stuff. I ran across a case of Easy Jack with a bottled on 5/7 date but I bet you can get fresher than that.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I don't have PMs so hit me up in ratebeer at Honuswagner, I am still iso those Oregon ticks but also just open to general trades (and I have some big format CCB stuff including vintage bottles).
Emailed Received. I think. If you didn't email me, let me know here.

Vertigo fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 2, 2014

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Does anyone here know Furious Lobster outside the forums? I sent him a box a week ago and he still hasn't gotten back to me about whether everything arrived safely.

Yeah that's me vert.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I don't know him personally but I just did a trade with him and he's a super nice dude.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Does anyone here know Furious Lobster outside the forums? I sent him a box a week ago and he still hasn't gotten back to me about whether everything arrived safely.

Yeah that's me vert.

I met him in person once and completed a couple trades. Dude is cool and a really good trade partner. poo poo probably just came up life wise or something.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Yeah that's me vert.

He trustees for me for Bruery RS, I've met him in person and he's a good dude. I'll send him a message and let him know you're looking for him.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Yeah that's me vert.

Dude is stupid nice and generous, so I'd guarantee he's just busy or something.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
FL wasn't always super prompt with responses, but our trade was completed successfully.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Oh don't get me wrong he sent first and is awesome and friendly. I'm just worried for his sake, not mine.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

ISO: NEBCO Gandhi-Bot, Fuzzy Baby Ducks
FT: Prairie/Jester King/Other Texas distro, or if you want growlers: Lone Pint Yellow Rose, Live Oak Hefeweizen, Texian Charlie Foxtrot Berlinerweisse,

Basically I'm looking for someone who has access to NEBCO fills or cans regularly and if you happen to get either beer (I'm not in a hurry to do this), then great!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

air- posted:

ISO: NEBCO Gandhi-Bot, Fuzzy Baby Ducks
FT: Prairie/Jester King/Other Texas distro, or if you want growlers: Lone Pint Yellow Rose, Live Oak Hefeweizen, Texian Charlie Foxtrot Berlinerweisse,

Basically I'm looking for someone who has access to NEBCO fills or cans regularly and if you happen to get either beer (I'm not in a hurry to do this), then great!

I'll be back in CT in 2 weekends' time and will keep this in mind if either is on tap then, since I've got 2 32oz growlers sitting around taking up space.

If one of the other CT goons can grab these earlier than that, go for it - this is by no means a dibs as I've already done my part in sending NEBCO's bounty to TX. :)

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
I'm moving at the end of the month to like 10 min from NEBCO -- I should be able to hook stuff up. I'll be in contact

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Sup FIB goons.

ISO: IP trades!

I'm already in the middle of something with LeafHouse so that'll let us save money on shipping, but I'm happy to bring up more beer. Let's talk, will be up there for a few days later this month in the River North area.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

air- posted:

Sup FIB goons.

I don't think someone from Texas gets to use "FIB." It's not like we "ruin" your state by bringing massive amounts of tourism dollars...

What days will you be around?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

danbanana posted:

I don't think someone from Texas gets to use "FIB." It's not like we "ruin" your state by bringing massive amounts of tourism dollars...

What days will you be around?

Oh I'm just teasing. Shooting for getting in the night of June 24 then I am gonna try and stay into that weekend too because this is a rare opportunity for me to drive out to FFF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

broom
Aug 29, 2005

air- posted:

Oh I'm just teasing. Shooting for getting in the night of June 24 then I am gonna try and stay into that weekend too because this is a rare opportunity for me to drive out to FFF.

I will actually be in Chicago that Thursday-Saturday having just returned from Bells/Founders/3 Floyds etc. Have access to all New Glarus, and some decent cellar stuff.

Would love to get some Jester King, Bomb! and or Bible Belt

PM?

• Locked thread