Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

sunsweet posted:

Hah hah wow go gently caress yourself. This is the "Wrestlers on Twitter" thread, not the "Sex Robot shows off the fact that he's a piece of poo poo" thread.

I take it there's some sort of context to this random retweeting of a fan picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I take it there's some sort of context to this random retweeting of a fan picture
I think it's more that Sex Robot is insulting a random fan's appearance, when this thread is about wrestlers on Twitter.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

AMReese posted:

I think it's more that Sex Robot is insulting a random fan's appearance, when this thread is about wrestlers on Twitter.

He posted a tweet and laughed at an awkward looking fat kid

I'm sorry it hit close to home or whatever but it was an ignorable post not warranting a freak out

Also Kevin Nash owns

quote:

@RealKevinNash 2m
Bestnot leave out a young Harry Potter

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that's clearly a young ron weasley

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Endorph posted:

that's clearly a young ron weasley

trap sprung nerd prepare for jackknife

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

weekly font posted:

trap sprung nerd prepare for jackknife

I'm pretty sure BIG SEXY DADDY COOL THE SILVER FOX DEISEL, LEADER OF THE NWO WULFPAC AND THE OUTSIDERS KEVIN NASH would probably have Jacknifed him anyway.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

I'm pretty sure BIG SEXY DADDY COOL THE SILVER FOX DEISEL, LEADER OF THE NWO WULFPAC AND THE OUTSIDERS KEVIN NASH would probably have Jacknifed him anyway.
You forgot Chet Lemon.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Cory Lidle posted:

You forgot Chet Lemon.
He'll always be Master Blaster to me

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Cory Lidle posted:

You forgot Chet Lemon.

He's going to Jackknife that guy in the bunny costume, isn't he :ohdear:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Dolph Ziggler posted:

watched an episode of the big bang theory on the plane... wow, this show has so many layers of clothing

I don't care if you post things that annoy Vince McMahon, just stop posting terrible jokes.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/470641244885241856

The Iron Sheik posted:

#YesAllWomen know I am the loving legend

Bravo, Sheik. :shepface:

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Breaking News: Gerald Brisco likes to grab wiener.

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:
Daniel Bryan just advocated not going to college on twitter to teens who think they dont need too. I'm officially off the daniel bryan bandwagon.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

No yeah, definitely stay on the 'throw thousands of dollars down the university hole if you don't have the first idea what you want to do or if you do and uni won't help you get there' bandwagon.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I love college but it is a huge ripoff

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

DonJNavarro posted:

Daniel Bryan just advocated not going to college on twitter to teens who think they dont need too. I'm officially off the daniel bryan bandwagon.

The wrestler Daniel Bryan posted:

I listened to a mom criticize her teenager for not wanting to go to college, despite the teenager having valid points as to why. Schooling is not the same as education. You're on the road to being educated when you know yourself so thoroughly you write your own script instead of taking a part written by others.

Sounds to me like he's saying "If you have valid life plans that don't involve college, then not going won't necessarily end you up in the gutter".

There are lots of decent alternatives to college for teenagers. Maybe I'm just seeing this through the lens of being Australian, but here we have technical education/entry-level jobs/traineeships/apprenticeships that can be done by a teenager and lead to a successful, rewarding career.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Here's the tweets in question:

Knowing yourself will likely make you happier, but it probably makes getting a traditional job harder so ???

EDIT: whoops beaten, whatevs

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Eh, it's one of those polarizing topics where I feel both sides have their merit but it's a different case for literally every single person.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ANNNNYWAY

Yujiro best heel in NJPW http://twitter.com/Machinegunka/status/470762278740971522

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Round here, a high school diploma tops out at Wendy's, while any degree from even the most suspect secondary school at least doubles your income, sooooooooo.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

theacox posted:

Round here, a high school diploma tops out at Wendy's, while any degree from even the most suspect secondary school at least doubles your income, sooooooooo.

High school? Stop participating in the script written by others. :rolleyes:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

who cares

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

*jericho voice* WHY ARENT YOU TALKING ABOUT YUJIRO

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
The job market here is flooded with people who didn't have a plan and thought any degree would do. It's not their fault, mind, because that's what we were all told in high school. It probably isn't such bad advice to wait to go to school if you don't know what you want out of it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

epitasis posted:

*jericho voice* WHY ARENT YOU TALKING ABOUT YUJIRO

It's actually really good heeling, yeah.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

There are jobs that require you to go to college in order to receive certification (such as mine which is teaching). In that case, you do not have a choice. But there are some professions that need experience and connections more than the degree. For those jobs, getting experience is better in the beginning and then getting your degree once you have the connections will pay off the loan debt a lot faster.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

who cares

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Damien Sandow would be so disappointed in this.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

"The reporter's sell almost broke me" is one of the best uses of wrestlewords to describe other things I've ever seen

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Damien Sandow would be so disappointed in this.

Damien Sandow/Daniel Bryan double turn.

:lol: at "not participating in scripts written by others" *Is screwed for months per the script and then only gets the belt because of a script change that happened after Punk bailed*

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sunsweet posted:

he also called me a dick for laughing at how bad Wes Brisco is. then deleted it and blocked me. I nearly pissed myself with laughter.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

sunsweet posted:

Didn't someone get their forum name from that create-a-name generator?

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
He gets it:

https://twitter.com/ZackRyder/status/470787225454936064

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Every once in a while Zack is still awesome.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

DannoMack posted:

The job market here is flooded with people who didn't have a plan and thought any degree would do. It's not their fault, mind, because that's what we were all told in high school. It probably isn't such bad advice to wait to go to school if you don't know what you want out of it.

I was always told to just get any degree and then you can get hired and work for the same place for 30 years like every adult I knew. Of course that's not how anything works and the people who gave that advice had no idea how things had changed. Bryan went to college while wrestling so I'm not sure what his point is unless he's trying to inspire the next generation of machine press operators.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Daniel Bryan is from a small town, and in small towns everyone knows how to drive a forklift. Also if you have a dream you can achieve it if you just etc etc...

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Two Beans posted:

Daniel Bryan is from a small town, and in small towns everyone knows how to drive a forklift. Also if you have a dream you can achieve it if you just etc etc...

Are you saying he's the son of a plumber? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug0Pwa95oOM

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The legend of Scott Steiner continues to grow always

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bigass Moth posted:

I was always told to just get any degree and then you can get hired and work for the same place for 30 years like every adult I knew. Of course that's not how anything works and the people who gave that advice had no idea how things had changed. Bryan went to college while wrestling so I'm not sure what his point is unless he's trying to inspire the next generation of machine press operators.

Not to mention that if you don't want to be in college, and you have no interest in really furthering your formal education all you are really doing is wasting time and money for somewhere you really don't want to be at, and if you can be attempting to do something else be it finding a career that doesn't need college or expanding your mind and experiences elsewhere why not try that out. It's not like you can't go back to college if things don't work out. If you get mad at D Bry for what he said you are just looking for things to be mad about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Luigi Thirty posted:

The legend of Scott Steiner continues to grow always

Lmao he really just cut promos whenever he felt like it