Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Aaaand the video's been removed. That's some creepy poo poo.

e;f,b.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
I guess I should have watched all of it. It was creepy but also kind of boring.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Druggachusettes posted:

I guess I should have watched all of it. It was creepy but also kind of boring.

you watch a few minutes, and you watched it all. Nothing noteworthy. Just a threat to shoot up a sorority, and how it's everyone's fault for either not giving him sex, or getting sex while he doesn't and so they deserve to die. Then repeat that for the whole video.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

Really looking forward to MRA response that this wouldn't have happened if those bitches had just put out for the poor white boy with the bmw.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
What, do they not have Craigslist in Isla Vista? :psyduck: Or was this guy so angry because he thought he shouldn't have to pay for the dispensing-sex-on-demand vending machine he wanted?

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

I don't get why people brag about crimes on Twitter and Facebook. It just seems like a really bad idea altogether. (The pic at the top of the timeline is him in bed with the victim.)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
People forget that anonymity isn't universal.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I hope there's enough to track him down over. If thieves can be tracked by the phones they've stolen, with any luck rapists can be tracked through twitter.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

NotAnArtist posted:

I hope there's enough to track him down over. If thieves can be tracked by the phones they've stolen, with any luck rapists can be tracked through twitter.

We have a twitter handle, a name, a name of an accomplice, and a picture. 4chan has bagged animal abusers with less material.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Regalingualius posted:

So, sort of like how DID (AKA Multiple Personality Disorder, even though that's pretty much agreed by experts to be a misnomer) has been coming under fire relatively recently over whether it's a real disorder, or just a branch/mix of an already existing one(s)? I admittedly only have a limited ("tail-end of Intro to Psych" limited) knowledge of the issue, but the quick bit of research I had to do for it gave me a similar impression: probably has at least a grain of truth to it, but internet personalities who claim to have it tend to get wildly defensive, even if though their perception of the symptoms of DID tend to be the pop culture version of it, and not the actual, clinically diagnosed version.

Fibromyalgia is most likely an umbrella diagnosis which covers a certain set of symptoms and can be triggered by emotional states and stress, among other things. I was diagnosed by my rheumatologist in 1994, before anyone had heard of it. "It doesn't exist" gets really frustrating to hear after a while.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

into the void posted:

Really looking forward to MRA response that this wouldn't have happened if those bitches had just put out for the poor white boy with the bmw.

Courtesy of Stultus Maximus over in the AUG thread

http://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/...ies_everything/

quote:
You'll know it when you see it. In summary, this guy basically is fed up with the college sluts who refuse to give him the time of day, and the jocks who try to gently caress up his life, so he grabs a handgun, walks into a sorority and opens fire.

Here's his last video on his youtube channel where he just summarizes his plan and why he's going to go shooting blonde sluts.

In theory this is like the ultimate form of beta. What happens when a beta orbiter has that illusion that's been thrown over his face ripped away without the sense of anyone else to help explain, core principles, and why AWALT.

I'm kind of wondering if this could have been avoided, had he had someone near him to talk to him about this kind of thing. Looking on his channel, he's kind of a weird gently caress, but people on other websites, such as liveleak, say that allot of his other videos have been removed, possible that he took them down himself right before the shooting spree.

Thoughts anyone?

quote:
This guy is the epitome of 1st World Problems, 22 yo kid crying about his loneliness from his big rear end BMW daddy bought him. And god drat, looked through his videos. This guy is more boring than watching a girl's bush grow.

He bought into some fantasy world, wanted it to fall into his lap, pussy didn't even give him a participation award like school did for showing up, and he got ticked off. Instead of a car, if his dad got him some hookers every birthday, he might not have ended up like this

quote:
I disagree. I think unfulfilled desire in a world where sex is being constantly pushed in our faces (especially in Santa Barbara) is consistently a motivator behind mass killing. We should acknowledge that and pay attention to it.

quote:
I agree, that's a serious problem with over-sexualized society. Everyone wants it, women constantly flaunt it. Leads to men going for women more, those that didn't catch on "how" to do it, if they don't learn, spiral into some heavy emotions and sexual frustration. If a dude like Elliot is mentally ill to begin with, it leads to serious poo poo.

quote:
he took steps to improve himself, he joined puahate.com instead of a pro pua site.

He thought that by being himself and being nice and a decent person he could get though life. Sadly his father didn't prepare him for male and rich hate.

Its a 100% his fault and he is a bad person, but his death was caused by cyber bulling , for him being rich, male and more white than black.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
The fact that the latest shooter guy is an MRA is Extremely Good poo poo because now instead of focusing on how people need psychological help in order to prevent these disasters we can just point at this guy and laugh at him for buying into a cult-like ideal when he felt disempowered.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Idiots of Social Media: died for being rich, male, and more white than black

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Segmentation Fault posted:

The fact that the latest shooter guy is an MRA is Extremely Good poo poo because now instead of focusing on how people need psychological help in order to prevent these disasters we can just point at this guy and laugh at him for buying into a cult-like ideal when he felt disempowered.

On the other hand I think it demonstrates that all of these insane bastards need help.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

I think that they were saying he was signed up to a PUA hate site.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

On the other hand I think it demonstrates that all of these insane bastards need help.

Of course they need help. These things happen because we demonize the mentally ill and treat them like criminals. This kid needed psychological help and instead he got a group of people who egged him on to violence. That's what loving happened here, not some sort of intersection of male privilege and gun-ownership.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

That's what loving happened here, not some sort of intersection of male privilege and gun-ownership.

no it's both tbh

the intersection of male privilege and gun-ownership were really actually incredibly necessary to the basis of his delusions ("im a man therefore women exist for my penis") and his actions (shooting people with a gun)

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
I think now that this guy's actually gone and killed some people we should probably leave discussion of him to D&D.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Ratspeaker posted:

I think now that this guy's actually gone and killed some people we should probably leave discussion of him to D&D.

D&D kills people too! Wizards and Warriors is a far out game.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
If you ridicule men who can't get laid, this shooting is literally your fault.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

Apogee15 posted:

I think that they were saying he was signed up to a PUA hate site.

From what I understand about anti pua sites like that, they are just as misogynistic as the actual pua sites. These are even angrier guys who bought in (sometimes literally) to the pua bullshit and got nothing out of it. Seriously, check out their forums. There is no revelation, no self awareness, just a lot of 'Bitches still won't touch my dick and pua is a rip off'.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

into the void posted:

From what I understand about anti pua sites like that, they are just as misogynistic as the actual pua sites. These are even angrier guys who bought in (sometimes literally) to the pua bullshit and got nothing out of it. Seriously, check out their forums. There is no revelation, no self awareness, just a lot of 'Bitches still won't touch my dick and pua is a rip off'.

Good to know. I'll just take your word on that.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

bonestructure posted:

Very annoyingly, it seems that a lot of people lump lupus in with this. I have lupus (yes, House, it was actual physician-diagnosed lupus, haw haw) and from what I can tell the general public impression is that's just another name for fibromyalgia. I even had a semi-drunk husband of a friend tell me, very kindly and gently, that he's heard that lupus and Morgellon's and all that imaginary stuff just goes away with a good SSRI, I should try it.

Huh. Didn't know that people thought lupus was fake. I mean, my stepmom claimed she had it when she pretty obviously didn't, but she's a crazy person who claimed she had a whole host of all kinds of other ailments that she never showed symptoms of.

But my sewing teacher had it and had to cancel classes every now and then because of it. I'm pretty drat sure she wasn't faking it and the only reason I know that she had it was because my mom mentioned it, not because the teacher ever mentioned it to us. She did generally act a bit tired the week before she canceled classes, now that I think about it. And she did have the butterfly face thing a couple of times. This was around 20 years ago, so I don't remember much about it. Just that I was horribly confused when my step-mom said she had it when I had actually known someone who had it. My step-mom also somehow seemed to forget she had it after mentioning it a couple of times.

Thank god the internet wasn't in use like it is now, or else she probably would have told my dad I'm autistic or something.

Bored has a new favorite as of 19:52 on May 24, 2014

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Fibromyalgia. I worked with someone who "had" it, and they were bullshitting like mad. Anxiety is just the most common, not really easy to fake. I mean, I've seen people try to fake it, but it was never convincing. People tend to oversell pain and suck at faking emotions, really.

IIRC the girl on Intervention who was constantly sucking on Fentanyl lollipops claimed to have it (Fibromyalgia), and holy gently caress she was unconvincing.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Fentanyl doesn't work with fibromyalgia anyway.

Lotron
Aug 15, 2006

Still clownin'
MRA makes an important business call:
Hello, dictionary? I'd like to update a word. I'd like to change the word "exist" to "flaunt." Yes, as in, "that girl over there is flaunting, and now i have a semi." No, thank you.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

InediblePenguin posted:

no it's both tbh

the intersection of male privilege and gun-ownership were really actually incredibly necessary to the basis of his delusions ("im a man therefore women exist for my penis") and his actions (shooting people with a gun)

Would you in this situation claim that the gun is good, because it gets to fire its seed? While the penis is evil, because it controls men's minds?

NightWig
Aug 12, 2013

The article he shared
Yes, a private business decided to recall their cars because of safety issues, loving government..?

He's a libertarian, but apparently thinks that the government should keep those drat immigrants out of his country...

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Sounds like a perfect UKIP member.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I like the Rarity avatar. MLP is definitely all about not accepting foreigners and kicking immigrants out.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

NightWig posted:

The article he shared
Yes, a private business decided to recall their cars because of safety issues, loving government..?

Well, he's libertarian, so he was probably against the auto bailout/loan thing, and maybe he calls GM Government Motors as a slight on that?

And obviously since the government gave them a loan, anything GM does now reflects badly on the government too. lol

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Mister Adequate posted:

I like the Rarity avatar. MLP is definitely all about not accepting foreigners and kicking immigrants out.

It's eerie how much overlap there is with bronies and libertarians.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

kannonfodder posted:

It's eerie how much overlap there is with bronies and libertarians.
They're both internet fads.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Apogee15 posted:

And obviously since the government gave them a loan, anything GM does now reflects badly on the government too. lol

The US government held 61% of the shares for a while (2008-2010), it was a partial nationalisation, not just a loan. Because it happened around the time of the elections, many didn't notice.

The US Treasury still holds 1% of their stock, AFAIK.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Crossposting from the D&D pics thread.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Nckdictator posted:

Crossposting from the D&D pics thread.

2 pages back my friend:

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Ninjasaurus posted:

2 pages back my friend:

That's what i get for skipping a few pages.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I need gifs of puppies.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander has a new favorite as of 00:37 on May 25, 2014

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Uh, you okay there, buddy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The idiot was coming from inside the thread!

Sorry bout that. Edited the post.

• Locked thread