Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler

Shalhavet posted:

Koop, you gonna come watch hua? I can toss koop into whatever matches you want to watch otherwise.

Nah we're in the studio for a few more hours tonight, so feel free to use and abuse koop. Good luck, please kick someone using new set in hua hard in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Oh poo poo is hooha is today?

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

funakupo posted:

Nah we're in the studio for a few more hours tonight, so feel free to use and abuse koop. Good luck, please kick someone using new set in hua hard in the face.

I swear I got a hua invite on koop, but it's nowhere to be seen :(

Also you can get faction sets from Hua now, my tang alt got the Beast Villa rage to 4. (I also got Following 5)

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I learned like 5 or 6 skills this Hua, well worth it. Got the BV spam, a PBI charge, a Demon Soul Chasing thing, some Wudang nonsense, the Vertigo Dart Rage, some Shen thing I already had, and something else.

I mean not great things, but well worth 50L.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I got one of the C7 charges from 2 to 4 from hoo haw. It was worth it to see CallMeKing lose to bumba, since CMK had somebody else that actually has good ping playing his account again.

Also, Jayen got the sword again because petmako eats paint chips.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Jayen vs CallMeKing was ridiculously annoying to watch. loving horselords.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Watching cmk flail at bumbaclyde and kill himself with flying horse was funny though. I'm totally jealous of everyone getting faction skills all I got was some wv and tang stuff.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

randombattle posted:

Watching cmk flail at bumbaclyde and kill himself with flying horse was funny though. I'm totally jealous of everyone getting faction skills all I got was some wv and tang stuff.

I actually wanted to learn beast villa skills at Mt Hua since my faction is so restrictive in unlocking them, but now I know a few new skills! :unsmith: Plus I have the transcend the world and surprise with first success titles thanks to my friends who believe in justice and having lots and lots of alts.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I was voting for PibbJr, you're just along for the ride

Eliirae
Mar 30, 2011
You mean we were actually voting for something besides to get 50% faster cultivation?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I actually wanted to learn beast villa skills at Mt Hua since my faction is so restrictive in unlocking them, but now I know a few new skills! :unsmith: Plus I have the transcend the world and surprise with first success titles thanks to my friends who believe in justice and having lots and lots of alts.

Well you'll get to 5 by the time you can leave anyway.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
So can I get rootless skills by watching/attending Hua?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Saradiart posted:

So can I get rootless skills by watching/attending Hua?

You can get any factions skills. Like if somehow luck out you can get an entire set of rootless...as a woman! I think one of the guys in the tournament got one of POMFs skills (Grafting, the one that makes you dance around like an idiot for a few seconds).

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You can get any factions skills. Like if somehow luck out you can get an entire set of rootless...as a woman! I think one of the guys in the tournament got one of POMFs skills (Grafting, the one that makes you dance around like an idiot for a few seconds).

Grafting also reflects 100% of damage taken for 5s sooo...

I really need to test that in a duel with the suicide bomb.

Shalhavet fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 26, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Mutou gained Grafting from Hua and was showing it off at the bank.

Also, nobody knows if women can use Rootless skills or if the characters can even learn them (since the skills say you must be castrated).

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
To the goons who just did the POMF excursion with me: I told you it was hardcore.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kylra posted:

To the goons who just did the POMF excursion with me: I told you it was hardcore.

Its beyond hardcore. At least there is noticeable improvement from last week. Last week we couldnt even clear that one boss without running out of time triggering the burn down the HQ poo poo. This time we cleared that without any issues and actually triggered the first post burn boss. We still need like triple the numbers though, the game expects us to kill 3 bosses after the burn phase starts.

For those that dont know how it works, this is an event that expects us to have massive numbers of members in our faction, divide them into organized teams and strike at 4 different locations at the same time. There has to be a group at the HQ stopping as many reinforcements from flooding into the other areas, another group destroying the initial starting area, another dealing with the area thats right after that and finally another dealing with the one before the hq.

e- The trash has so much hp, the ones you just killed already respawned before you can clear the newest pack. The reinforcements will not stop until they reach their end point no matter how hard you hit them. You have to chain knockdowns to stand a chance.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 26, 2014

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Meanwhile, at Shen Golden Needle Sect

"Look, to clear up your constipation, you need to drink more water, stop straining when you have a bowl movement, have your bowl movement when you feel you should have it."

Every day, forever.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

angerbot posted:

"Look, to clear up your constipation, you need to drink more water, stop straining when you have a bowl movement, have your bowl movement when you feel you should have it."

Every day, forever.

So it's the most realistic medical simulator ever, is what you're saying.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
Did they take out the "I really have no time" button for quests? I can't seem to find it and I have a quest that I desperately need to buy my way past.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Ratoslov posted:

So it's the most realistic medical simulator ever, is what you're saying.

All of the "Smelling" medical patients are common sense, except for the guy who has either bird flu or anemia. His symptoms are insomnia, sleepiness, and vivid dreams.

There's a kid in Yanjing who has nothing wrong with him at all, which is fine, but your eventual response is "The lady is golden. There is a book."

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

He was attacking an ally who was fighting 1v1 so I started darting the poo poo out of him. So he comes after me with Beggar 4th inner and Ancient dog beating and I nearly kill him before he then pulls out Ancient Tai Chi fist. Then calls me a noob so when we killed him back 3v1 I call him a noob.

He shows back up demanding 1v1's so we all start making fun of him so he went to the bank to ~honorably duel~ :rolleyes:

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

angerbot posted:

Every day, forever.

Every day ? Your slacking as a Shen. The Bao reset every 6 hours. Go back there and sperg some more if you want to be top doctor and unlock meridians someday.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

aleksendr posted:

Every day ? Your slacking as a Shen. The Bao reset every 6 hours. Go back there and sperg some more if you want to be top doctor and unlock meridians someday.

I don't! Chinagame's various medical problems will have to sort themselves out

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
If anyone is buying the new dual stings with taels (ingame money for our newbies) let me know because I'm dumb and welp I have 100 spare gold. If not then that's going to pay for VIP or next set/whatever :frog:

E: edited for clarity

Haquer fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 26, 2014

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

aleksendr posted:

Trust me on this, Lilloth (the gardiennes currently at number one) literally PMed me to tell me that the only person he'd had a deal with to share the top spot was me, and since I'd left Shen (which he was actually pretty bummed about) he wasn't going to share it. he's at least 2k points above anyone else due to our sperg race of getting up every 6 hours.

Good luck with that.

also that kid who swears up and down he's sick is the best.

askas
Jun 17, 2013

angerbot posted:

I don't! Chinagame's various medical problems will have to sort themselves out

I'm the best doctor.

askas fucked around with this message at 08:58 on May 26, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

ChickenMedium posted:

Did they take out the "I really have no time" button for quests? I can't seem to find it and I have a quest that I desperately need to buy my way past.

I have a skip option for my faction dailies under the faction rules for some reason. :confused:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Wars tomorrow~~~

NoTrabbu are taking the MO base from them and Jetli Cliff was attacked on our side.

TDH declared war on Jetli so we're just going to flat out loving ignore them and instead cap the MO base and go to NoTrabbu's base to keep the terrorists from achieving their objective. I want to blueball TDH because 1) they're fuckheads 2) they got the Hua sword and are smug as gently caress about it so I want them to attack an empty base and continue not having fun~

What: War
When: :bigtran:
Where: Starting in southeast Yanjing to cap the MO base and then moving to defend NoTrabbu's Tangmen South base.
Why: Taking MO's base, PS gently caress TDH

Eliirae
Mar 30, 2011
I can't wait to show off my awesome kung-fu water bucket skills. Or maybe I'll be a distraction and yell obscenities at them and see how many I can get to follow me the opposite way of where they're suppose to go.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haquer posted:

Wars tomorrow~~~

NoTrabbu are taking the MO base from them and Jetli Cliff was attacked on our side.

TDH declared war on Jetli so we're just going to flat out loving ignore them and instead cap the MO base and go to NoTrabbu's base to keep the terrorists from achieving their objective. I want to blueball TDH because 1) they're fuckheads 2) they got the Hua sword and are smug as gently caress about it so I want them to attack an empty base and continue not having fun~

What: War
When: :bigtran:
Where: Starting in southeast Yanjing to cap the MO base and then moving to defend NoTrabbu's Tangmen South base.
Why: Taking MO's base, PS gently caress TDH

Let's be reasonable here they will brag about their mastery of being able to beat an undefended base. Huehuehue too scared to fight ect.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

randombattle posted:

Let's be reasonable here they will brag about their mastery of being able to beat an undefended base. Huehuehue too scared to fight ect.

Of course they will but I plan on ignoring them. The less fun TDH has, the less fun those they constantly whine at to come help them in wars on their facebook page have. Which means less TDH to deal with :sun:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Then I'm ahead of the curve then by ignoring almost all the wars.

StorGondul
Apr 28, 2014
I had to post this here because its probably the best screenshot I've ever had the privilege of taking.
I decided to raid my old guild this morning and got this hilarious insult from their leader.

I don't know if i will ever get something this good again but i am hopeful.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

Ratoslov posted:

Noooo? The price of cell phones has plummeted from 20/30 years ago, but the price of goods in general has only increased.

Yesss? The value of a cell phone has not gone down, has it? They're even more valuable now, and more affordable than ever, and absolutely ubiquitous. Of course we live in an inflationary economy generally--I do not think of that as a good thing. My point is that in an actual free market, prices going down is generally a good sign as to the wealth of society. Cell phones are just a handy illustrative example.

We do not have a free market in wushu. We have central planning. And central planning is dumb and infuriating. This is a Soviet economy.

quote:

why buy something today when you could buy it tomorrow for less money?

Because opportunity cost is real, and because you need to eat tomorrow and to drive your car to work today. I'm very familiar with the deflationary spiral argument, but I think it's bunk, except in really extreme corner cases that seem purely theoretical. Deflation in a free market means that $1 (or 1 tael) is consistently gaining in value. We don't have a free market though.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

funakupo posted:

Snail would still need to reduce some of the static game prices like stall of 200L, upgrade powder of 150L, etc.

^^

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Man every time you open your mouth all I see is a j4g that should probably be posting in r/bitcoins or old DnD.

This is a loving chinagame please if you want to talk about deflationary economies and how good they are (For the rich) please make a post in DnD and get laugh at.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Did someone say chinese knock off bitcoin et?

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
So apparently silver from offline work is broken now? This has happened to me the last two times I've tried to claim my offline silver:

I'm about done with this game for a while anyway, so I guess this is an appropriate send-off. gently caress you too, Chinagame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

TheRagamuffin posted:

So apparently silver from offline work is broken now? This has happened to me the last two times I've tried to claim my offline silver:

I'm about done with this game for a while anyway, so I guess this is an appropriate send-off. gently caress you too, Chinagame.

Our good friend Dongfang Shiting cannot afford to pay his workers as everyone has been selling people off to the dark-minded trafficker.