Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Dunno-Lars posted:

I am sort of scared of hard modes... Most likely because I prefer to tank or heal. As tank/heal in arcanian and above, which hardmode is the easiest introduction? I have healed EC and TFB as scoundrel, main tanked EC a few times, lead EC, off tanked S&V, TFB, DF and one I don't know... A level 50 one with the hutt robot making GBS threads fire.

If you're in Arkanian or better you're fine for HM stuff. The other healer in last nights raid was a Sorc in dps/heal gear I was in all hear gear and keeping the raid topped off wasn't a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Super 3 posted:

If you're in Arkanian or better you're fine for HM stuff. The other healer in last nights raid was a Sorc in dps/heal gear I was in all hear gear and keeping the raid topped off wasn't a problem.

All better gear on a healer does is let you demonstrate you e-peen to the other healers while waiting for Oed to set the instance to the right phase. :getin:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Super 3 posted:

The hard modes are intended to be done with what drops in the story mode. So HM SV/TFB are intended to be run with the arkanian gear that drops in SM SV/TFB. Partial exception is DF/DP where since the SM drops both arkanian and a little bit of underworld you really need to be in mostly underworld and better (I guess in theory its supposed to be run after NM SV/TFB which drop old 75s but nobody does that).

Mortify posted:

All better gear on a healer does is let you demonstrate you e-peen to the other healers while waiting for Oed to set the instance to the right phase. :getin:

Also tanks are impressed with 5 digit heals.

Sergiu64
May 21, 2014

Just reactivated my account. Got a lvl 50 Vengeance Jugg on the Harbinger. If I find this game still interests me I'll transfer to Jedi Covenant and play with you guys.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Mortify posted:

It's all about how large i can make my pew pew laser heals.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Super 3 posted:

It's all about how large i can make my pew pew laser heals.

This is why Gwendolyn has every Cunning datacron. Extra few points of cunning improves pew pew heals by a couple points.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Medullah posted:

This is why Gwendolyn has every Cunning datacron. Extra few points of cunning improves pew pew heals by a couple points.

I might sit down and get datacrons this weekend, I largely ignore them.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Super 3 posted:

I might sit down and get datacrons this weekend, I largely ignore them.

I'm sure oedzi wouldn't mind hosting another datacron run one of these days. I do think we need to get a guild +10 event going, have a few sorcs in place for pulls so we can just get everyone's alts

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Whoever it was that mentioned an HK-51 run Imperial side, I would LOVE to do that.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

Whoever it was that mentioned an HK-51 run Imperial side, I would LOVE to do that.

I would recommend doing up to the point where you need to go out and search for his individual bits. The Section X part and the next are completely solo-able.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Super 3 posted:

I would recommend doing up to the point where you need to go out and search for his individual bits. The Section X part and the next are completely solo-able.

not if you're me :saddowns:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I have a question about how bolster works: Does it bring your gear up to the strength of the strongest player no matter what you're wearing, or does it take into account the difference between the level of your gear and your own level?

For example, if I'm level 45 and in a PVP match or KDY, will I get the same performance if I'm wearing level 45 blue gear that I'd get if I was wearing level 23 blue gear, or is it still important to keep your gear current?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

I have a question about how bolster works: Does it bring your gear up to the strength of the strongest player no matter what you're wearing, or does it take into account the difference between the level of your gear and your own level?

For example, if I'm level 45 and in a PVP match or KDY, will I get the same performance if I'm wearing level 45 blue gear that I'd get if I was wearing level 23 blue gear, or is it still important to keep your gear current?

I don't know how it works in PVP, but I've seen my stats fluctuate in KDY based on how current my gear was.

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

Alter Ego posted:

I'm not the one who mentioned it but if you want to do it I would be happy to accompany you. I too am HK challenged. Oh, yeah, look for Turkish'kor in game.

JediBlutarsky fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 24, 2014

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

JediBlutarsky posted:

I'm not the one who mentioned it but if you want to do it I would be happy to accompany you. I too am HK challenged. Oh, yeah, look for Turkish'kor in game.

It's me, I'm the guy that's so busy studying that I can't set a time for this but really want to do it. Tomorrow late night might be my only window. Gaddaffi in game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sorry Monzcarro, my internet just took a giant poop. :(

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Medullah posted:

Sorry Monzcarro, my internet just took a giant poop. :(

Turns out I can do them pretty well. Slower than a 55, but I wasn't ever close to dying.

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

is there a goon guild on POT5? if not, is there any interest in one?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

neurotic posted:

is there a goon guild on POT5? if not, is there any interest in one?

The main goon guild is on JC - it's worth a transfer if you want to do raids and have a goon community to chat with.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah, transferring would be your best bet. I don't think we really have the numbers to support a guild on more than one server (unless it's for a good reason like "we all live on literally the other side of the planet from you,") not if you want to raid with it, anyway.

enkalen
May 26, 2013
I've been playing SWTOR again, for the last week or so. I may be sending out a request to join in game. Just want to let people know if you see one ofmy characters whisper you. It will probably be from Enkalen or Dalej in game.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah, transferring would be your best bet. I don't think we really have the numbers to support a guild on more than one server (unless it's for a good reason like "we all live on literally the other side of the planet from you,") not if you want to raid with it, anyway.

And even then we Aussies have all migrated to JC simply because that's where the rest of the goons are (even if we do get shittier pings to JC compared to the other servers)..

tl;dr Just pay the :10bux: and transfer

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

How does unlocking species work? The character creation screen says a level 10 character is requires, but the legacy screen says 50?

Also, gonna whisper someone to get into TNG, name Varlestra

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Orgophlax posted:

How does unlocking species work? The character creation screen says a level 10 character is requires, but the legacy screen says 50?

Also, gonna whisper someone to get into TNG, name Varlestra

IIRC, you need to create a Legacy (which is unlocked at level 10) before you can access the Legacy unlocks for purchasing most species otherwise you need a level 50 character of that race to unlock it for free. Most races cost 1.5million credits or 600 Cartel coins (except Cathar, who are only available with cartel Coins and are thus available account wide, not Legacy [server] specific).

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

OzCavalier posted:

IIRC, you need to create a Legacy (which is unlocked at level 10) before you can access the Legacy unlocks for purchasing most species otherwise you need a level 50 character of that race to unlock it for free. Most races cost 1.5million credits or 600 Cartel coins (except Cathar, who are only available with cartel Coins and are thus available account wide, not Legacy [server] specific).

Well you can buy the Cathar unlock off the GTN for about 400k credits, that's what I did.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
may not be able to be around sunday, gotta take a long trip out of town and not sure when im going to be back

Boggus
Mar 26, 2007

A yellow jumpsuit makes all the difference.
Is this game split into NA/EU servers? I am thinking about to start playing the game and join you goons but I am currently playing from europe.

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

Boggus posted:

Is this game split into NA/EU servers? I am thinking about to start playing the game and join you goons but I am currently playing from europe.
It is split in that there are separate servers but you are not forced to play on the closest - you can play on the American servers from Europe.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

RichardA posted:

It is split in that there are separate servers but you are not forced to play on the closest - you can play on the American servers from Europe.

There's also a fairly large French presence, with at least two Guilds Empire side. So you certainly wouldnt be the only European on the server.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Moreau posted:

There's also a fairly large French presence, with at least two Guilds Empire side. So you certainly wouldnt be the only European on the server.

I always assumed those guys were from Quebec

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I know I'm a newb, and just joined last night, but I don't suppose someone could give me 3mil out of the TNG guild bank to pick up this galactic diversity bundle dude is selling on the market? :shobon:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Orgophlax posted:

I know I'm a newb, and just joined last night, but I don't suppose someone could give me 3mil out of the TNG guild bank to pick up this galactic diversity bundle dude is selling on the market? :shobon:

No

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dr. Tough posted:

I always assumed those guys were from Quebec

They are but I'd surprised if it was 100% québécois.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey Oedzi - Brand new Collector's Edition for $99 or "Best Offer". Could try to lowball the dude. :)

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

Hey Oedzi - Brand new Collector's Edition for $99 or "Best Offer". Could try to lowball the dude. :)

"SEAL IS BROKEN BUT NEVER USED"

Suuuuurrrre it's not... Not gonna take a chance on that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

"SEAL IS BROKEN BUT NEVER USED"

Suuuuurrrre it's not... Not gonna take a chance on that.

Sheesh take a chance with life. There's another dude who has one up for $999.99 which is a bit safer.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Thanks to the goons that helped with HK last night. Also, Gaddaffi is now 55 so I guess the gear grind begins...

Eskie
Jan 25, 2003

WebDO posted:

Thanks to the goons that helped with HK last night. Also, Gaddaffi is now 55 so I guess the gear grind begins...

And the best way to kick start that gear grind would be with our weekly Sunday raid (8:30 EST)!

Everyone come drink with nerds on the internet, kill space dragons and collect loot!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Eskie posted:

And the best way to kick start that gear grind would be with our weekly Sunday raid (8:30 EST)!

Everyone come drink with nerds on the internet, kill space dragons and collect loot!

Yeah, the fun thing about the sunday raids is that most people in them are pretty well geared at this point, so you can clean up on all the arkanian/black market stuff that drops, and the elite commendations you pick up will actually be useful.

I'm probably not gonna make tonight's because I'm gonna be bbq'ing all day (and by that i mean eating things that other people are bbq'ing) and will probably be too drunk to type in my password by 830.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eskie
Jan 25, 2003
Hanging out with friends is a good excuse; being too drunk is not. I expect to see you there doing your best to wipe the raid :colbert:.

• Locked thread