Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
This final boss is infinite horse poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Synch this with your boss attempt, follow the bouncing flower, maybe succeed faster?

Final Boss Timing

VV well sure. didn't realize that was a thing on this board, apparently I don't have it enabled.

Cthulhuchan fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 24, 2014

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Maybe you should link that instead of embedding a video?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Squallege posted:

This final boss is infinite horse poo poo.

"Good. Good. The hate is swelling in you now. Let the hate flow through you. "

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That was infinite horse poo poo. But I finally beat it.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
At the moment I'm grinding out weapon upgrades for story purposes but man I cannot wait to get to the final boss now. :getin:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ppphhh Yeah! Have fun! Pphuhuhuhu

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
You guys are way better (worse?) than me. I listed my disk on ebay right after pressing x on branch D, first verse.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Transistor is pretty short, you can burn through it in a few hours and then when you're all melancholy, come back to the warm, comforting embrace of Drakengard.

And honestly I think Drakengard may have a better combat system.

As for weapons in this, how are the combos for a weapon determined? Does each particular weapon have its own variant combo or finisher, or is it determined by the weight of the weapon?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Brackhar posted:

As for weapons in this, how are the combos for a weapon determined? Does each particular weapon have its own variant combo or finisher, or is it determined by the weight of the weapon?

So far as I can tell, there's a variety of different combo attacks that each weapon class can have, they're not all unique but they do switch it up. So far as I can tell Weight is mostly related to the Square combo, as, for instance, the Golden Petals (a Large Bracer) and the Darklord's Flame (a Small Bracer) both have Fury Sphere as the end-of-combo heavy, but Golden Petals combo stops at 8 whereas Darklord's Flame has Infinite-hit.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Brackhar posted:

And honestly I think Drakengard may have a better combat system.

There are a few different "strong" moves that get mixed up between the different weapons. You get a longer light hit combo and strong hit abilities as you upgrade your weapon. The size of the weapon affects the speed of the light attacks, but the heavy attacks I think are not consistent with size.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jesus christ, collecting every weapon? Why must I grind to get to the dumbest part of the game?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Beef Waifu posted:

Jesus christ, collecting every weapon? Why must I grind to get to the dumbest part of the game?

Oh, do you need to do that to unlock Branch D? I guess I should've figured, but I had them all already when I got there, so.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
gently caress, I am seriously tempted to try to get the One DLC

Why? Because of Gabriella. It'll make sense when you see and hear her talk.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Beef Waifu posted:

Yep, I'd need at least a million to buy all of the ones in the store aaand catch up with the accord poo poo. My copy's already on sale. gently caress this, can someone spoil branch D for me?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Has it been said when DLCs Two-Zero are coming? I'd like to see more of the sisters. Three's my fave

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

nerdz posted:

Yep, I'd need at least a million to buy all of the ones in the store aaand catch up with the accord poo poo. My copy's already on sale. gently caress this, can someone spoil branch D for me?

Spoilers, dawg.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Two's DLC is kinda neat but Zero's is pretty snooze worthy.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And here it is in English. As for the DLC, I've seen them subtitled on Youtube. Two is probably the best of the bunch while Four's basically exists to remove any shred of sympathy you might have mistakenly had for the character (Remember, this is Drakengard. Everyone is screwed up in some way or another). Gabriella is probably my favourite character of the bunch though and if you've played or seen the first two games you might recognize her english voice. Any word on when we'll be getting Two-Zero's stories in english?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 25, 2014

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
And of course they put the worst ending behind the best boss, of course they do.

Goddammit C...

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Larryb posted:

And here it is in English. As for the DLC, I've seen them subtitled on Youtube. Two is probably the best of the bunch while Four's basically exists to remove any shred of sympathy you might have mistakenly had for the character (Remember, this is Drakengard. Everyone is screwed up in some way or another). Gabriella is probably my favourite character of the bunch though and if you've played or seen the first two games you might recognize her english voice. Any word on when we'll be getting Two-Zero's stories in english?

Four is Verdelet's favorite Intoner.

VVV I only did that LP to showcase the stupidest protagonist ever conceived. He literally brought about the apocalypse by sheer stupidity.

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 25, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm reading through the Drakengard 2 LP. I knew this was considered the black sheep of the series, but I thought to myself "how bad can it be? This is loving Drakengard, how high can the bar be?"

Nowe is so loving dumb.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Butt Ghost posted:

Nowe is so loving dumb.
It runs in the family.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thanks! So, so not worth it. I speak as someone who perfected rhythm heaven's 10th remix. This is definitely better seen (and listened to) than played.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So from maybe the final chapter of Branch A onwards has seemed like a very different game. Far more difficult, and really rather fun.

I just finished Branch B though and yeah, this is a Cavia game. :smith:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I now have literally every weapon upgrade you can get without Black materials. I have done Book Club: Sincerity so many times I have lost count.

I am so loving ready for this final chapter gently caress yeah.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

alcharagia posted:

I now have literally every weapon upgrade you can get without Black materials. I have done Book Club: Sincerity so many times I have lost count.

I am so loving ready for this final chapter gently caress yeah.

Somewhere out there Yoko Taro is hard...

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Some of these Accord requests are like electing to keep your hand on the stove. gently caress the ones with the chests in the forest, that one on the platform is hell to get.

Some of the missions require you to get drops from enemies, are those set or is it just random? Also, there's a counter for killing specific types of enemies, but I don't seem to see a difference whether I kill them or not. Is it just a bit of extra money?

Also, when is it safe to do One's DLC? Right now I'm trying to get all the weapons for ending D, and I heard it was good for getting money.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Momomo posted:

Some of these Accord requests are like electing to keep your hand on the stove. gently caress the ones with the chests in the forest, that one on the platform is hell to get.

Some of the missions require you to get drops from enemies, are those set or is it just random? Also, there's a counter for killing specific types of enemies, but I don't seem to see a difference whether I kill them or not. Is it just a bit of extra money?

Also, when is it safe to do One's DLC? Right now I'm trying to get all the weapons for ending D, and I heard it was good for getting money.

It's safe after Ending A.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Haha. Hahahahahaha.

I. Hear. A. Sound. :unsmigghh:

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
I think the last fight of Branch A may be the first time I felt like I was being trolled for real. The room is awful to fight in with the janky camera, and Zero outright gives you bad advice. "Smash into his open mouth"! I proceed to do so and it does precisely nothing but get me beaned with a fireball.

Drakengard.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
This is both kinder and crueler than the Ending E fight from Drakengard. On the one hand, there's an actual song for you to keep rhythm to, and you only have to push one button. On the other hand, these camera angles, what the hell?!

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Sgt Thud posted:

I think the last fight of Branch A may be the first time I felt like I was being trolled for real. The room is awful to fight in with the janky camera, and Zero outright gives you bad advice. "Smash into his open mouth"! I proceed to do so and it does precisely nothing but get me beaned with a fireball.

Drakengard.

Yeah, that was annoying. It took a loading screen to tell me what I should actually be doing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Did no one like realize you were supposed to shoot a fireball into its mouth from the flying section before it? Like that is a bad boss fight, but the gimmick is very simple, I understood it in no time at all.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Did no one like realize you were supposed to shoot a fireball into its mouth from the flying section before it? Like that is a bad boss fight, but the gimmick is very simple, I understood it in no time at all.

I never caught on that I was detonating his fireball, I was just shooting him in the mouth to hurt him and interrupt his attack. Combined with Zero telling you to ram him, yeah, it can be a bit confusing.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
How long does this boss fight go for?!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I don't really remember having a problem with the Ending A boss. All these bosses are pretty much about waiting for the blinking reticule, bashing it and then firing until it dies.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Bullshit rhythm battle that goes literally forever would be perfect ending for Drakengard.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

alcharagia posted:

How long does this boss fight go for?!

8 minutes.

Unless you're like that Japanese guy who streamed it when it first came out. It took him thirteen hours :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Refused
Sep 6, 2005
I just finished ending B, and my complaint Re: boss fights is that you don't get to fight any of the other bosses on foot/with their disciples. Two/Cent was easily the best boss fight in the game so far. The dragon fights just boil down to figuring out the enemy's weakness, then mercilessly exploiting it and killing them really quickly. The on-foot combat in this game isn't great, but it's much better than the dragon sections, and some bosses other than the giant slow guys with wide swing attacks would've been nice. I was looking forward to them, especially after the opening section.

• Locked thread