Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

BuffaloChicken posted:

My brother just texted me a photo of his WIP terrain piece using the plasma globe. I'll share it here when he has more progress.

My only regret is that your guys' stuff is going to outshine my own so spectacularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I'm not sure I read that battle report right, but can you really make a superheavy your warlord? That is unbelievably stupid and another way to gently caress Tyranids and Orks who find it harder and harder to kill vehicles with each new rulebook and codex.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
What are the effects on the perils table?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

HiveCommander posted:

I'm not sure I read that battle report right, but can you really make a superheavy your warlord? That is unbelievably stupid and another way to gently caress Tyranids and Orks who find it harder and harder to kill vehicles with each new rulebook and codex.

Escalation and Superheavies have been officially rolled into the standard FOC, so yep. I hope you brought your Baneblade!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Today I set out with the intent to maybe make it to my no longer local FLGS to get the 7th ed rulebook. I got a bottle of nice bourbon and a bottle of vermouth instead. I think I made the right decision in the short term, but I'll pick up the rulebook (or mini rulebook) soonishly.

Soulfucker posted:

My group picked up the Relic Expansion, it was pretty fun!

High point of the game for me was my Exarch destroying a Stormlord Heavy Tank with an Ork Choppa :v:

Do you have more pictures of the painted tokens? Those are really nice.
[quote="BuffaloChicken" post="430102451"]
Wouldn't normally be spamming up such WIP models, but these Squats were made possible by some goons so I wanted to share.
Never stop.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

The Sisko posted:

What are the effects on the perils table?

Roll a D6:
1 - Take a Ld test. If passed take a wound/glance with no saves. If failed remove psyker as a casualty and the unit suffers D6 S6 AP1 hits allocated from the psyker
2 - Psyker takes a wound/glance with no saves and the psyker loses one random power for the rest of the game
3 - Psyker takes a wound/glance with no saves and if its still the psychic phase roll a D3 and both players lose that many charge points
4 - Psyker takes a wound/glance with no saves
5 - Take a Ld test. If failed the psyker takes a wound/glance with no saves
6 - Take a Ld test. If failed the psyker takes a wound/glance with no saves. If passed the psyker gains a 3++ save as well as the Fleshbane, Armourbane and Smash rules until the start of the next friendly psychic phase.

Zombie Plague
Oct 31, 2009

I WENT TO E3 TO FIND MY DREAM JOB IN THE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY.

WOMEN WHO WON'T FUCK ME WHEN I DO NICE THINGS FOR THEM ARE CUNTS.

I AM A PATHETIC WASTE OF OXYGEN.

ijyt posted:

I'd love to hear the reasoning for some of the changes in 7th.

Games Workshop needed more money, the only reason needed.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
This cross post is almost as long as my list of crippling insecurities!

The Sex Cannon posted:

poo poo, I hope y'all like infantry.

Two Primaris Psykers. Finished them tonight. Really happy with how they turned out. Kinda winged it on the color scheme, but I think they look hella boss.

You know what that means? I'm loving done with Guard infantry. Aww yeah.

All 120 of 'em:

The Company Command Squad:

Regimental Advisors (or holy poo poo would I rather have done green and black Cadians):

Primaris Psykers and a lascannon team for the CCS:

First platoon Command Squad with Commissar:

First platoon Combat Engineers (veterans):

First platoon Infantry Squads:

First platoon Grenadiers:

First platoon Fire Support Squads:

Second platoon Command Squad with Commissar:

Second platoon Combat Engineers:

Second platoon Infantry Squads:

Second platoon Grenadiers:

Second platoon Fire Support Squads:

So, in about a million tanks, fliers, walkers and one super-heavy, I'll be done.

Then I can update my Raven Guard.:sigh:

Then I can start my Orks.:cry:

Ok, NoVA/DC/MD hams. Here's the deal: These guys are a totally legit battle-forged army that clocks in at 1405 pts. I want to play an all-infantry hilarity fest to christen 7th edition. Who's got 1405 points of infantry and wants to throw down sometime soon?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

BuffaloChicken posted:

Wouldn't normally be spamming up such WIP models, but these Squats were made possible by some goons so I wanted to share.

Thanks BULBASAUR for the arms - in your honor, they'll all have the number 001 painted on real tiny. And thanks Fix for the weapons - I'm gonna remove some of the gems and do a tiny bit of Imperial stuff to them, but they make perfect exotic meltaguns and a flamer. The rest of the squad will have lasguns. These guys are gonna be a Veteran squad to round my Knight Titan up to an even 500pt chunk I can tack on to existing IG lists.

And since I posted my tree daemons, here's the crazy homeless forest man who will be summoning them. Hard to tell here but he's floating, and the branches under him will be painted to be glowing.

Cheers to everyone else who posted sweet minis and crazy fun little 7th edition battle reports. Chirurgeon, I'm gonna be in NYC late July - I'll shoot you a message and see if maybe we can get in some game time with those awesome Chaos dudes. :cheers:

Looking great dude! Pumped to see them painted.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Zombie Plague posted:

Games Workshop needed more money, the only reason needed.

This is the truth. All y'all who've bought the 7E rulebook are fools (or millionaires for whom money means nothing).

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

AgentF posted:

This is the truth. All y'all who've bought the 7E rulebook are fools (or millionaires for whom money means nothing).

Temporarily embarrassed millionaires.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Sex Cannon posted:

This cross post is almost as long as my list of crippling insecurities!
Dude, be proud of that crazy amount of Guardsmen. 1400 points of purely foot Guard is nothing to sneeze at. The fact that they all look totally awesome doesn't hurt either. Great work, and I'm glad I could contribute some reinforcements to these guys!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Escalation and Superheavies have been officially rolled into the standard FOC, so yep. I hope you brought your Baneblade!

I know that Lords of War are in, I thought that only a HQ model with the 'Character' rule could be a Warlord though. Is that really gone? Can I really no longer deny Slay the Warlord by fielding Tervigons as my HQ choices?

AgentF
May 11, 2009
90 free summoned models by Turn 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryMAAP6HWfw

Welcome to 7th Ed.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Does anyone have that awesome Vomit Marine diorama image? It has the detachable stream with an intact fish skeleton, you know the one.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

Shadeoses posted:

Does anyone have that awesome Vomit Marine diorama image? It has the detachable stream with an intact fish skeleton, you know the one.

That was Sole Sushi's vomarine. I have it saved somewhere, and can post it tomorrow when I have access to my computer again.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Just watched that Frontline Gaming video - OMG

No wonder used Daemon models are hard to find on eBay (UK) right now

Lord Twisted posted:

Unless I'm a retard, you can actually discard one tactical objective per turn usually and draw another within the limits for whatever game you're currently playing.

I can't find this, where is the free discard is mentioned? The guys in that video did it, so it must be a thing.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Hahahahhahaha , loving Transcendant C'tan in normal play is broken.

This marks the very first time I have ever heard of anyone using any C'tan in a game. All I hear about is Ghost Arcs, Croissants, Mindshackle Scarabs, and the Death Ray.

Direwolf posted:

Unbound + my existing silly/fluffy Iyanden list + that silly Eldar haul I got last weekend =

Now all I need is more wraithlords.

Was about to mention how Eldar are among the few armies not harmed by the Monstrous Creature updates. Str10 rerolling hits all day er' day.

AgentF posted:

Welcome to 7th Ed.

Thinking of taking up tabletop gaming as a hobby? Watch this video first to change your mind!

I'm glad Bobby Kennedy could add his silky voice to the narration.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 11:39 on May 25, 2014

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

HiveCommander posted:

I know that Lords of War are in, I thought that only a HQ model with the 'Character' rule could be a Warlord though. Is that really gone? Can I really no longer deny Slay the Warlord by fielding Tervigons as my HQ choices?

Lords of War as Warlords is presumably there to cover people wanting to use Primarchs as their Warlord.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

ijyt posted:

But in otha news, its da new stompa.

I have mixed feelings about this. While it's good to have a new big kit (Knight sized ish?) it does kinda look like a box with a spindly little gun arm stuck to the side, with admittedly a cool looking gatling gatling gun. Would have been nicer to have a beefier arm. Also, I'm not sure if it's a walker, there's a possibility there's some track units hidden behind the squad of Boyz standing in front of it. Will have to wait for better pics before converting my own one.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this crazy dude and his tree buddies turn out.

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

ijyt posted:

But in otha news, its da new stompa.

loving hell I'm trying to hate the hobby and stop collecting over here.

I'm definitely not quietly looting a Land Raider in a pit of self-loathing.

Also important request does anyone have photos of Sole.Sushi's vommarine model saved? I found the relevant posts in the P&M thread but the pictures have vanished into imgur oblivion. I figured I'd ask the thread rather than PM as I can't remember seeing him post in months.

Edit:

Tadhg posted:

That was Sole Sushi's vomarine. I have it saved somewhere, and can post it tomorrow when I have access to my computer again.

Sweet. (Look at me missing a whole new page of posts because I'm smart!)

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

ChrisAsmadi posted:

Lords of War as Warlords is presumably there to cover people wanting to use Primarchs as their Warlord.

He meant a 40K Lord of War, not 30K. No Primarchs in 40k (yet).

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Zark the Damned posted:

I have mixed feelings about this. While it's good to have a new big kit (Knight sized ish?) it does kinda look like a box with a spindly little gun arm stuck to the side, with admittedly a cool looking gatling gatling gun. Would have been nicer to have a beefier arm. Also, I'm not sure if it's a walker, there's a possibility there's some track units hidden behind the squad of Boyz standing in front of it. Will have to wait for better pics before converting my own one.

That's a leg underneath the gatling gun, and the model is about half the size of a Knight. The Stompa is Knight sized.

Looking forward to rolling D6+D3 shots all day er' day.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Shallow posted:

Sweet. (Look at me missing a whole new page of posts because I'm smart!)

Don't feel too bad, you're the third person to do this in the past hour. :iiam:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The most important thing about that new stompa is that the main weapon is a gatling gun of gatling guns :orks101:

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Mixed feelings on that Ork thing. It's got one thing going for it, it looks like it would be stupidly easy to scratch build one up.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

The Sex Cannon posted:

AWESOME STEEL LEGION

Congratulations. I am sitting here painting a batch of 20 guardsmen myself. Once I finish them I only have 12 heavy weapon bases and around 10 command squad types to finish.

Then about 60 inquisitorial allies.

Then I should really buy some of the new army boxes, y'see I only have 3x20 men in the line infantry squads and I would like 4x30. And how about a big squad or two of penal legion, Victoria Miniatures sells some good resin models. And the army boxes would let me field 2 full russ squadrons. And some chimeras. And I really want to try out lascannon teams as well, that's another couple of squads . . .

Why the gently caress do I play Imperial Guard? Oh right, because in a galaxy of unspeakable daemonic and xenos horrors, they still issue BAYONETS.

Fix!

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

AgentF posted:

Welcome to 7th Ed.

I didn't realize that Badger from Breaking Bad played Warhammer.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

AgentF posted:

Welcome to 7th Ed.

It's okay, the totally randomized objectives equalize the playing field. :shepface:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Do you really play objectives at the end of the turn? That's kinda terrible, rather than gambling for it you just lay down the ones you got. I suppose the only difference it makes is that the opponent doesn't get tips on how to react- whether or not to Go To Ground to prevent your opponent from getting the Bloodthirsty objective, or to roll more dispel dice to stop a power that makes a unit run away, etc.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

AgentF posted:

Welcome to 7th Ed.

A terrible hobby filled with terrible people, stamping on a human face forever.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I'm thinking a Drazhar+Karandras army with loads of Scorpions and Incubi.

I'm also thinking I'll have to pack away all my models before they get to close combat.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Grey Knight Rhinos are considered ML1 psykers and have access to Sanctis.

Hilarious.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Genghis Cohen posted:

A terrible hobby filled with terrible people, stamping on a human face forever.

Ughhh, this is why I can't play pick up games anywhere; it's always fuckers like this with no volume control, totally sober, yelling stupid poo poo about a loving board game.

WOOO! SWEET VICTORY! YOU OWNED HIM!

Ugh.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
This table at 3++ is a little handier than the one in the second post because it also lists the chance of Perils.

Of course, Perils just means "at least two sixes", so it also handily doubles as a "chance to deny a WC2 power" table.

Throwing ten dice to deny a single Warp Charge 2 blessing will work a tiny bit more than half the time, assuming the caster didn't harness even more power than required. Conjuration is a base Warp Charge 3 power.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AgentF posted:

Welcome to 7th Ed.

I could only make it 4 minutes in. Anyone want to summarize?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Boon posted:

I didn't realize that Badger from Breaking Bad played Warhammer.

THAT'S who I was thinking of - thanks!

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
Am I missing it or did they completely remove sweep attacks from chariots?

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

LordAba posted:

GW fails to play test a new edition yet again. Prepare for a wave of FAQs in the months to come to fix other FAQ's from an FAQ rulebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

LordAba posted:

A demon army starting at 1850 points ends up at almost 4000 points. Game is decided basically at random.

• Locked thread