Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
The next Codex I *was* going to get was Eldar...but now I'm thinking of getting Daemons :P

tbf, I got the psyker cards for all the latest releases before they sold out (just in case) and have been wanting to try allying Daemons with my CSM anyway...this just kinda speeds things up I guess!

e: top of new page, have some related artwork:

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Rulebook Heavily posted:

A demon army starting at 1850 points ends up at almost 4000 points. Game is decided basically at random.

But demons! Oh so fluffy!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

HiveCommander posted:

I know that Lords of War are in, I thought that only a HQ model with the 'Character' rule could be a Warlord though. Is that really gone? Can I really no longer deny Slay the Warlord by fielding Tervigons as my HQ choices?

If I remember the Escalation rules correctly (And assuming they're unchanged for 7th), if you take a Lord of War they automatically become your Warlord. I'd never heard the thing about characters, though, but I don't think it's true-otherwise, Tank Commanders from the new IG book couldn't be your warlord, but they're specifically mentioned in the book with regard to what Warlord traits they can have.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
You'd think with their willingness to have psychic powers that let you put down more and more units on the table, they wouldn't have nerfed Tervigons so hard.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Master Twig posted:

You'd think with their willingness to have psychic powers that let you put down more and more units on the table, they wouldn't have nerfed Tervigons so hard.

They already had Tyranid players money from all the Tervigons they sold last book, it was time for those to get a good GW "balancing" and a new big kit to take the spotlight.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
So I gather from the chat about conjuration and the poor deny the witch chances, if you take a full psyker army (ie tzeentch daemons) geared to summoning, say 30 or so power dice a turn, you can produce new units reliably every turn with gently caress all your opponent can do about it. I mean that does sound really good, but I can't see it becoming the ultimate super-common default army for wankers. The units you ahve to start with are very specific and you would need a random number of further models in a box sitting ready. I mean in that video of the arseholes the chap with the daemons seems to just be taking random proxy models out of a big tupperware, he doesn't actually have 80 or so spare daemons.

EDIT: it seems like the thing to do against conventional armies that include maybe 1 psyker (for instance eldar with 1 farseer, or space marines featuring a librarian, etc) is pick 1 power they are going to try and get off, and throw your entire deny pool against it and hope to be lucky. Against high numbers of warp dice, you are basically not going to deny, if there is a good power that your opponent's plan hinges on, he can throw a lot of dice at it and just blast through. I suppose in that case the active player does have to eat a perils result, but that won't usually be fatal and may even be shrugged off.

Genghis Cohen fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 25, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Genghis Cohen posted:

So I gather from the chat about conjuration and the poor deny the witch chances, if you take a full psyker army (ie tzeentch daemons) geared to summoning, say 30 or so power dice a turn, you can produce new units reliably every turn with gently caress all your opponent can do about it. I mean that does sound really good, but I can't see it becoming the ultimate super-common default army for wankers. The units you ahve to start with are very specific and you would need a random number of further models in a box sitting ready. I mean in that video of the arseholes the chap with the daemons seems to just be taking random proxy models out of a big tupperware, he doesn't actually have 80 or so spare daemons.

Using cash to limit people taking ridiculous armies doesn't work. People will pay for an army, regardless.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The important question to ask here is "would the situation be considerably better if they had all been demon models?"

Either people will proxy a bunch, or else the person with the most money gets to bring four thousand points to a 1850 game. It's not quite pay to win, but it's not pretty either way.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
I see your point, what I meant was more that it can't be very popular for tournament play. Much like hordes of orks or IG, even when those have been very good armies to play, fewer people will put up with the inconvenience of how long it takes to play them.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Every time I check back here it seems like warhammer is getting less balanced and more stupid. Your codex has been replaced with a new codex where everything you bought over the last ten years is bad but now you can buy new things we'll nerf in a few years.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Ignite Memories posted:

Every time I check back here it seems like warhammer is getting less balanced and more stupid. Your codex has been replaced with a new codex where everything you bought over the last ten years is bad but now you can buy new things we'll nerf in a few years.

And yet some people in this very thread still bought the drat rulebook.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

From a tournament standpoint you're screwing yourself with the All Daemons All the Time list. It took those guys six hours to play a full game, and most tournament slots don't go past four. Even granting that you'll get batter at massive Deep Strikes with practice, there's still a really good chance that you'll never complete a full game. And short games prevent you from getting all those new Daemons into play.

That said, one could easily see an intermediate list, say 20-25 Warp Charge dice, backed up by more heavy hitters (CSM Allies & Helldrakes!) being fast enough to play in a tournament setting while still being totally overwhelming.

In casual play, of course, ADAtT is pretty much unstoppable. I mean, yeah, the Marines scored a Draw in the game. But they got very lucky with their Objectives, the Daemons got very unlucky, and by the end there the Daemons were one Dread away from tabling the Marines while the Daemons had thousands of points left and the ability to summon even more.

So yeah, it's totally pay to win now. Buy enough Daemons, summon them all, never taste defeat again. Unless your Objective Cards are terrible or you're facing another Daemon army, that is.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
So... I haven't seen any mention of fortifications in the BWB. Do we really have to have another book just for those?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

jng2058 posted:

From a tournament standpoint you're screwing yourself with the All Daemons All the Time list. It took those guys six hours to play a full game, and most tournament slots don't go past four. Even granting that you'll get batter at massive Deep Strikes with practice, there's still a really good chance that you'll never complete a full game. And short games prevent you from getting all those new Daemons into play.

What screwing yourself? I'm not sure how the new phase works, but wouldn't a daemon player be able to take monstrous fliers/chariots, zoom over to enough objectives to win a game, and create a ton of daemons on them? Then slowplay by creating a million units of daemons with the rest of your force. Heck, can't you summon screamers/flamers who can jump on objectives as well? You might only make it to turn three, but you would have a big advantage.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bavius posted:

So... I haven't seen any mention of fortifications in the BWB. Do we really have to have another book just for those?

Of course you do.

There are some fortification sheets in the back of the book but not for things like the Aegis Line or the Landing Platform.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 25, 2014

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
Ugh... Escalation and stronghold should have been rolled in. Fuckin' GW.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
"We can't stop here, this is bat flying manta ray country!"

Bavius posted:

Then everyone who bought those books would be complaining. I'm okay with the rules being in just one place for stuff like the Aegis now though.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bavius posted:

Well, they "folded them in" by saying "hey these things are part of the game even if you tried to ignore these books last time, go buy Escalation and Stronghold" and the rest is up to you and your wallet.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

AgentF posted:

90 free summoned models by Turn 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryMAAP6HWfw

Welcome to 7th Ed.
I want those metallic dice. Anyone know where I can buy them?

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?

Bavius posted:

I thought this was one of the reasons for the new edition. Guess not.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
No, turns out assault being fixed, and Escalation/Stronghold being rolled in were just rumours.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Yeah, Moola. I'm pretty disappointed over all.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Slimnoid posted:

Grey Knight Rhinos are considered ML1 psykers and have access to Sanctis.

Hilarious.

Are the FAQs out and I missed them, or...?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
The tournaments I play in penalize players pretty heavily for failing to complete 4 game turns.

If I faced an all summoning army like that I'd probably accept that I'm going to get crushed and slow play the rear end in a top hat into a mutual loss. Normally I'd sicken myself at such a move, but in this case I'd feel pretty morally justified in doing it

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Tournament play sounds really fun.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Post 9-11 User posted:

That's a leg underneath the gatling gun, and the model is about half the size of a Knight. The Stompa is Knight sized.

Looking forward to rolling D6+D3 shots all day er' day.

Nah, Stompas are much bigger than Knights. If not in height alone, then definitely in overall bulk. Comparison pic between most of the current big things:

Also the 'legs' could just be some hydraulic suspension things like on the Khorne tank robot, the squad in front is disguising it's feet/tracks. Tracks would make more sense given the front armour plating is shaped like a giant plough for ramming. Then again, GW stopped making sense a long time ago.

As a rough estimate (not getting into pixel counting or anything) it looks to be about 3 and a half Ork Boyz tall (to the top of the rokkits), which puts it a little shorter than a Riptide. I could easily be wrong though. In any case, I hope more pics come out soon for it.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

raverrn posted:

Are the FAQs out and I missed them, or...?

Nope. But going by the Grey Knight codex, all rhinos have the Psychic Pilot rule, which makes them a Mastery Level 1 psyker. All GK have access to Sanctis, going by the index card from the psychic card set.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Any new fluff in the BRB? Does it advance the timeline by an hour or anything?

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Alternate pic of the new Ork model:

Yes I'm still buying or building one, shut up t:mad:>

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Whatever it looks like, it can't be as bad as the SkullDozer

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?
It kinda reminds me of the Epic Mega Gargant, without the guns on front:

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
To be honest the summon needs a limit or something, but that's probably fixable.

Also it should be a hard rule that you can't use that power without the models. If someone tried to do some 30 dice poo poo on me (not that I would play them) it's unacceptable to have a poo poo eating grin and put down grots or whatever the gently caress they think is an acceptable proxy.

E: at the very least I could claim a moral victory that they had to buy and paint 90 models for the privilege of doing some cheesy poo poo

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Daedleh posted:

It kinda reminds me of the Epic Mega Gargant, without the guns on front:

I was thinking that too. Considering GW's habit of raiding the old Epic range for inspiration lately, it's not too surprising.

They better hurry up and make a Dominatrix.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Lord Twisted posted:

Also it should be a hard rule that you can't use that power without the models. If someone tried to do some 30 dice poo poo on me (not that I would play them) it's unacceptable to have a poo poo eating grin and put down grots or whatever the gently caress they think is an acceptable proxy.
Are you really that peeved by someone using proxies in a "let's test the upper limit" list two days after the edition drops?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Are you really that peeved by someone using proxies in a "let's test the upper limit" list two days after the edition drops?

This is worth raising a stink on facebook. Oh what a stink shall be raised.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
I mean in future, if I was doing a pickup game and this summoning stuff becomes common.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Moola posted:

Ughhh, this is why I can't play pick up games anywhere; it's always fuckers like this with no volume control, totally sober, yelling stupid poo poo about a loving board game.

WOOO! SWEET VICTORY! YOU OWNED HIM!

Ugh.

Between scaring off my girlfriend and people screetching things like, "My Sergeant is gonna RAPE YOU with his POWER FIST!!!" I couldn't stomach showing up there anymore. :reject:

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

The Sex Cannon posted:

This cross post is almost as long as my list of crippling insecurities!

Ok, NoVA/DC/MD hams. Here's the deal: These guys are a totally legit battle-forged army that clocks in at 1405 pts. I want to play an all-infantry hilarity fest to christen 7th edition. Who's got 1405 points of infantry and wants to throw down sometime soon?

Oh hey buddy. My phone blew up so I don't have your number anymore but if your foot guard wanted to play my 8x8 Khorne list sometime?

code:
+++ New Roster (1381pts) +++

Chaos Space Marines 6th Ed (2012) by SN (Primary Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ + (145pts)
    * Chaos Lord (145pts) 
        Gift of mutation (10pts), Mark of Khorne (10pts), Sigil of corruption (25pts)
        * Power Armour (35pts) 
            Axe of Blind Fury (35pts), Bolt Pistol

+ Troops + (791pts)
    * Khorne Berzerkers (Troops) (186pts) 
        6x Chain Axe (18pts), 6x Khorne Berzerker (114pts)
        * Berzerker Champion (54pts) 
            Bolt Pistol, Power Fist (25pts)

* Khorne Berzerkers (Troops) (223pts) 
        7x Chain Axe (21pts), 7x Khorne Berzerker (133pts)
        * Berzerker Champion (69pts) 
            Plasma Pistol (15pts), Power Fist (25pts)

* Khorne Berzerkers (Troops) (191pts) 
        * Berzerker Champion (37pts) 
            Bolt Pistol, Chainaxe (8pts)

* Khorne Berzerkers (Troops) (191pts) 
        (Fearless, Furious Charge, Mark of Khorne)
        * Berzerker Champion (37pts) 
            Bolt Pistol, Chainaxe (8pts)

Chaos Daemons: Codex (2013) v13 (Allied Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ + (85pts)
    * Daemonic Heralds (85pts) 
        * Herald of Khorne (85pts) 
            D6 Daemonic Reward (20pts) (Greater Magic Weapons, Greater Rewards), D6 Daemonic Reward (10pts) (Lesser Rewards, Magic Weapons)

+ Troops + (360pts)

* Bloodletters of Khorne (175pts) 
        15x Bloodletters (150pts), Icon of Chaos (10pts) (*)
        * Bloodreaper (15pts) 
            D6 Daemonic Reward (10pts) (Lesser Rewards, Magic Weapons)

* Bloodletters of Khorne (185pts) 
        16x Bloodletters (160pts), Icon of Chaos (10pts) (*)
        * Bloodreaper (15pts) 
            D6 Daemonic Reward (10pts) (Lesser Rewards, Magic Weapons)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Post 9-11 User posted:

Between scaring off my girlfriend and people screetching things like, "My Sergeant is gonna RAPE YOU with his POWER FIST!!!" I couldn't stomach showing up there anymore. :reject:

Hey, you are me.

Right down to the scaring off my partner bit.

Fuggin 'wargamers'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Moola posted:

Hey, you are me.

Right down to the scaring off my partner bit.

Fuggin 'wargamers'.

Whatever. I like gaming and I loathe other people’s drama, and I find that mixed gaming groups tend to have way more drama than male-only groups and that drama tends to make gaming groups explode, which is why I’ve run so many unfinished campaigns. The drama really gets in the way of the gaming. In fact, I’ve been getting way more into wargaming and getting away from RPGs just because there’s so much less drama with the almost entirely male wargaming scene.

• Locked thread