Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

quote:

G☆I☆G☆I ‏@gigideegee 9m
@NerdbotMk2 YEAH TOO BAD COSMO IS JUST OUT OF THE STORY FOREVER

drat, we were wrong this whole time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Potsticker posted:

drat, we were wrong this whole time!
Gigi, crusher of nerdbots.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
...is Cosmo nonbinary?

If both of my favorite webcomics had a really cool non-binary side character, that'd make just about my entire year.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It just hasn't been revealed what Cosmo is

(she's the Space Kingdom princess)

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
I figured Cosmo would be the power symbol disaster master.

It makes sense, you see, because

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Blackheart posted:

I will be legit shocked if Cosmo is not the Space Kingdom princess.

But I am a crushed nerd who is wrong because COSMO IS JUST OUT OF THE STORY FOREVER

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Meowjesty posted:

I figured Cosmo would be the power symbol disaster master.

It makes sense, you see, because

Absolutely nothing wrong with gut feelings dude, as long as you acknowledge them as such. That's how people write these things anyway.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I could deal with not seeing that creep again. S/he and Tomato can go creep off somewhere forever.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Blackheart posted:

Cosmo is Officer Jenny

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Gigi has been laying some hard truths about videogames on her tumblr.

gigi posted:

19: Which game do you think deserves a revival?

Tales of Legendia… I wish they’d do it right this time……..

If you’d asked me this in 2012, I would have said Luigi’s Mansion, but *slowly turns to look at the camera with a completely dead expression*

22:If you could immerse yourself in any game for one day, which game would it be? What would you do?

I want to live in the Kirby universe and hang out in the stars and eat cute food all day.

23: Biggest disappointment you’ve had in gaming?

OH, Y’KNOW

BUBSY

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Why, was the new Luigi's Mansion bad or something?

Also life in the Kirby universe is pretty harsh for everyone who's not Kirby.

Also x2 yeah Bubsy was a poo poo game and I wanted to like it so bad...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gigi has pretty much been disappointed in every 3DS title that's come out in the last year, it seems.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Blackheart posted:

Why, was the new Luigi's Mansion bad or something?

It's alright but it has quite a bit wrong with it, the big thing being that it overstays its welcome. The original game was too short; Dark Moon is way too long (mainly because of the mission structure).

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Color Printer posted:

It's alright but it has quite a bit wrong with it, the big thing being that it overstays its welcome. The original game was too short; Dark Moon is way too long (mainly because of the mission structure).

That and the mission structure kind of misses a lot of the charm of the first game. It's not the same without the big old Metroidvania mansion :smith:

What other 3DS games has she been harshin' on?

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Captain Oblivious posted:

That and the mission structure kind of misses a lot of the charm of the first game. It's not the same without the big old Metroidvania mansion :smith:

Ace Attorney 5. I don't think she could have a more wrong opinion if she tried. :colbert:

TheWorstAtWords
May 27, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

She was pretty disappointed with Paper Mario Sticker Star, since a lot of the charm in the Paper Mario games was the fun dialogue and story. Sticker Star had no real narrative outside of the standard kidnapped princess plot, apparently at the request of Miyamoto, who said something like "Mario games don't need a story."

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

She better like the new Kirby because it's cute and fun as hell.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Waffleman_ posted:

Gigi has pretty much been disappointed in every 3DS title that's come out in the last year, it seems.

Watching her play the new Layton game through twitter killed a little bit of my soul. Killed more of hers, though. :(

Line Feed posted:

Ace Attorney 5. I don't think she could have a more wrong opinion if she tried. :colbert:

Ace Attorney 5 was kind of garbage but I hate every Ace Attorney game I play read. People just keep telling me how amazing they are and eventually I trick myself into thinking I'll like them but I never do.

I never do.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Meowjesty posted:

Watching her play the new Layton game through twitter killed a little bit of my soul. Killed more of hers, though. :(

It was a good game, it's just that the ending twists were weird!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

If Cucumber Quest were taking cues from Layton instead of Paper Mario then it would be revealed that everyone was actually time-traveling Peruvian robot lawyers, and also they are all related. And then it would be time for tea.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Waffleman_ posted:

A friend of mine is playing through it right now and has nearly all the same complaints, so I think it's fair to say it might not be the best game in the series.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

Man, that could be said of almost every Layton game, couldn't it? Like, we get it, everybody in this town/country/nation wants you to solve puzzles. It's okay. It's why we bought the game. You don't need to wizard up some last-minute explanation as to why they're all about puzzles. I come in here willing to suspend disbelief about all the puzzle-waving, the sudden reveal that they're part of a cult of puzzle-worshiping demons is unnecessary.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

My favorite thing to happen on Gigi's twitter recently was the time she burned through all the cutscenes of Lightning Returns in a couple hours.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
SURPRISE REVEAL!

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
How did they not notice

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Nahxela posted:

How did they not notice

The jumpcut didn't give them much time to look around.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Who is the biggest jerk?

- Cabbage
- Dream Oracle
- Cosmo

Sir Tomato isn't in the competition. He wishes he could be a jerkface in the same league as those three, but he's a lightweight.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Every time. Every time we think we've reached peak Gigi, she smirks, whispers "eat it, nerds," and does something like this.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Every time. Every time we think we've reached peak Gigi, she smirks, whispers "eat it, nerds," and does something like this.

"But Gigi! You promised Cosmo was out of the story forever! How could you do this to me?!"

Gigi's foot slams into the side of the nerd's head, crushing it into the ground. She crouches down and whispers into the nerd's ear.

"U obviously haven't been reading my web comic have u?"

The nerd begins to wail.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 25, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ComradeCosmobot posted:

"But Gigi! You promised Cosmo was out of the story forever! How could you do this to me?!"

Gigi's foot slams into the side of the nerd's head, crushing it into the ground. She crouches down and whispers into the nerd's ear.

"U obviously haven't been reading my web comic have u?"

The nerd begins to wail.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

loving incredible

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Why does Cosmo have a bigger head than the mask s/he was wearing and the strongman s/he was imitating :confused:

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

The MST3K Theme Song posted:

Repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Ciaphas posted:

Why does Cosmo have a bigger head than the mask s/he was wearing and the strongman s/he was imitating :confused:

Bunny people are bunnies and bunnies are very squishy. They can squeeze into some pretty tight places.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

You don't just joke around with justice muffins. Cosmo you've crossed a line.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Popo posted:

Bunny people are bunnies and bunnies are very squishy. They can squeeze into some pretty tight places.

Ah. I thought there might have been Science® involved. :v:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Nahxela posted:

How did they not notice

Ciaphas posted:

I found out about this comic because of this thread (and some rip-off Kickstarter), and now I know I'm hanging out with the wrong crowd.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
You know what, this update is exactly what I wanted it to be...

Except now we get to see CC's face and having that happen so early to a character feels wrong to me. :v:

Edit: VVV :smith:

Adeline Weishaupt fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 25, 2014

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin
:stare:

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Man, people can be real creeps sometimes