Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Good Lord, it took almost 4 minutes for him to finally stop rambling and get to his "idea" which basically consists of "please notice me, Bazza-senpai!". In the mean time, you can hear his bird begging for release and his mom vacuuming in the background.

Not even that, HE'S loving CAMPAIGNING TO GET USED AS A SELF INSERT. After insulting the creator, the show and the fans. Just...gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

TOH posted:

Oh god this guy. Yeah, we all know of him. Sadly to say, I've listened to the whole thing.

Yeah that was a weird night.

Also you all should skip around to where he criticizes the ranking system. That was just... odd.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

PoptartsNinja posted:

I didn't want to interrupt The Night's discussion, but now that that's wound down I updated Metal Sonic's CAW.

Because I was an idiot and put the back turbine UNDER his clothes. :doh:

This is so loving good, holy poo poo. Are you the next Supernormalstep???

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The only bad thing is he'd have to always come in second to let What I'm Made Of keep playing.

...or wait, that's not bad at all.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Captain Invictus posted:

This is so loving good, holy poo poo. Are you the next Supernormalstep???
It's a good CAW but it isn't a revolutionary and mind blowing CAW like you guys are making it out to be.

TheEggsBenedict fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 23, 2014

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

TL Note: Keikaku means Moo

TheEggsBenedict posted:

It's a good CAW but it isn't a revolutionary and mind blowing CAW like you guys are making it out to be.

Except it isn't that good of a CAW really. It's average. Hell, I could make a better Metal Sonic.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

NTRKouhai posted:

Except it isn't that good of a CAW really. It's average. Hell, I could make a better Metal Sonic.

Fuckin' do it then!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

NTRKouhai posted:

Do ou ever have anything positive to say

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

NTRKouhai posted:

KOUHAI MAKE THE METAL SONIC

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

NTRKouhai posted:

:toxx: Put your money where your mouth is or get out.

edit: you seem to be a gimmick/alt account exclusively for posting in this thread and one other wrestling thread. Weird.

TheEggsBenedict posted:

I was half-joking, I think it's really loving good and I said the SNS thing because he's been making so many great CAWs recently. He made Kerrigan and Bionic Commando, don't forget.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 24, 2014

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Such hostility.

There are a lot of good CAW makers and it's a touch boggling how only one ever seems to be the focus of this thread. Like, a TOXX to make a CAW is sorely underestimating other CAW makers.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't think people would be as hostile to him if he wasn't a negative nancy whose entire post history is almost exclusively in this thread

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't think people would be as hostile to him if he wasn't a negative nancy whose entire post history is almost exclusively in this thread

I'm glad you love me enough to check all of my posts.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

NTRKouhai posted:

I'm glad you love me enough to check all of my posts.

Make the Metal Sonic.

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

Hobo Siege posted:

Make the Metal Sonic.

No point in making it when it'll be instantly shat on because it wasn't made by PopartsNinja. Not gonna fall for it.

But I don't want this thread to derail about me, so how about that WVGCW? I liked it.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

NTRKouhai posted:

No point in making it when it'll be instantly shat on because it wasn't made by PopartsNinja. Not gonna fall for it.

But I don't want this thread to derail about me, so how about that WVGCW? I liked it.

Make the Metal Sonic Kouhai.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Guys, it's not worth getting worked up over. I make CAWs for fun, that's the beginning and the end of it. If my CAWs get used, great. If they never do, I don't mind because they were fun to make.

Metal Sonic got made because the Arena group was talking about their various "Edgehog" Original-Hedgehog-Do-Not-Steals, and I thought it'd be fun to make Metal Sonic. And it was (even if I did put the back turbine under his clothes :argh: )

I am also a goon and enjoy participating in goony things, like this thread. Which is why I post my CAWs here. I'm absolutely not on the same level as SNS, but his work is inspiring for me.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Superstring posted:

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

Superstring posted:

Make the Metal Sonic Kawaii, Kouhai.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Thank you!

The social link rank up was magical. :allears:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Cran posted:

Such hostility.

There are a lot of good CAW makers and it's a touch boggling how only one ever seems to be the focus of this thread. Like, a TOXX to make a CAW is sorely underestimating other CAW makers.

No one else posts CAWs in this thread! If they did, we'd probably talk about them and how good they are too.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Go RV! posted:

No one else posts CAWs in this thread! If they did, we'd probably talk about them and how good they are too.

Like Kouhai's Metal Sonic, for instance.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
But will Kouhai's CAW of Sleepwise be able to fight Fedora McTriplechins at Endgame 8?

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I'm not saying it's related, but I just noticed that NTRKouhai's account was made after the Sleepwise non-eating glass incident. Mysterious!

Cran
Mar 23, 2011

Go RV! posted:

Ehh, fair enough. It doesn't help that most of the CAW-makers, even if they're goons, typically hang their CAWs at the VGCW forum anyway. And people like me just about never post our CAWs because :effort:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Hey, I occasionally post CAWs here as well! (They're terrible.)

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

Shock Trooper posted:

I'm not saying it's related, but I just noticed that NTRKouhai's account was made after the Sleepwise non-eating glass incident. Mysterious!

You got me.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I've made like three because I only make a CAW for a character I really like. So I've got NMH1 Travis Touchdown, Cody Travers (as seen on VGCA ARENA!), and Rolento, who only shows up for ARENA practice matches and has that dumb shoulder art clipping BS. Not very impressive compared to Cyber Sub-Zero or whathaveyou.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
My life is just ridiculously overengineered and I have a bad habit of obsessing about a couple of dynamics, so my CAW work is slow. That said, I'm mostly done with a fairly decent Kaine that I hope to have ready for show-off in the next week or so.

TyrantSabre
Nov 4, 2009

Get close to the explosion.
On the topic of CAWs and those who make them, here's some more work on Vela. Not sure I'm actually a "CAW maker", except that sometimes I come up with something that's possible to show in public?

I swear, for the relative amount of time it took me to make up this logo and slap it on her vest, I could have done this about three months ago and gone on to do other things. Still, it was probably good of me to learn on my own that beating around the bush and looking for easy outs doesn't really cut it. In any case, obviously, I changed up the vest to incorporate the armor plates of Vela's JFG model. I messed with the color of her vest to make the inevitable boob censors look like part of the armor plating - it kinda works, although it's probably not noticeable at stream resolution and bitrates.

Also I shrank her hands based on Coolguy's advice. Maybe it looks better now? I didn't actually see the problem with the larger hands, but maybe that's why I'm not good at this yet. :shrug:

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

AW SON OF A BITCH

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Was last weeks show recorded? There's no link on the wiki.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.

Jackie D posted:

Was last weeks show recorded? There's no link on the wiki.

Right here.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hey folks, in little over half an hour the next episode of VGCW: ARENA goes live!

Here's (to my knowledge) the match card (which I believe one person has been replaced already from) for tonight's event.

quote:

Reyn Vs. Alfonso Vs. Kagamine Len Vs. Sting
Cody Travers Vs. The Engineer Vs. Teddie vs. Ganondorf
Jontron Vs. Big Bad Buddha (Original the Character: DONUT STEEL) Vs. Jughead Jones
WWE Superstar Zack Ryder Vs. Egoraptor (Non-Title)
Batman Vs. Bo Jackson Vs. Bigby T. Wolf Vs. Banon

Main Event: Winners of both matches 1 and 2 in a number one contenders match to determine who fights Koopalandinc at ARENA 6 for the title!

Cheer this Big Bad Buddha (who skipped last show to spend Mother's Day with his momma)!

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

Banon is the one who got replaced, unfortunately.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

New Arena entry video!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Policenaut posted:

New Arena entry video!

There's one piece missing to emulate the true arcade experience:

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I am so glad the AI doesn't lag, ahahaha.

(Also sadly no death to vocaloids in this one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Vocaloids will never die.

• Locked thread