Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
In that case they could have added a couple more trenchcoats in the game and an option to take that goddamn baseball cap off. Aiden looks ridiculous like some 50 year old guy wearing a Linkin Park t-shirt and ripped jeans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Honestly, why did they go with the trenchcoat? Modern rear end in a top hat hacker wannabees don't even wear them anymore I thought, it's more of a 90s thing.

It's not really a classic trenchcoat, though, it's this weird beltless, buttonless future-hipster thing. Clearly he wears it in the name of self-righteous badassery instead of trying to emulate noir fashion.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

keyframe posted:

In that case they could have added a couple more trenchcoats in the game and an option to take that goddamn baseball cap off. Aiden looks ridiculous like some 50 year old guy wearing a Linkin Park t-shirt and ripped jeans.

Uh, aren't there tons of different trenchcoats you can buy? I think you can also unlock some through achievments/challenges and beating the digital trips.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nCGPiFIhV4

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Is there any way to shoot out of a car? How are you meant to do the Criminal Convoy side missions otherwise? After you wreck them, they just get out the car and run. Chasing after them on foot means every other car in the convoy stops right next to you, everyone gets out, and then shoots you to gently caress.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Hakkesshu posted:

It's not really a classic trenchcoat, though, it's this weird beltless, buttonless future-hipster thing. Clearly he wears it in the name of self-righteous badassery instead of trying to emulate noir fashion.

I don't really get the instant hatred of all things trench coat beyond "Eww it's that thing dorks wear!" The default outfit looks pretty neat, though some of the alternate color ones like the pure white one look a bit silly. I got nothing really against the trench coat.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

keyframe posted:

I kinda think he looks like an older version of Nitz from Undergrads. Just some shlubby dude who's past his prime but still trying to be hip.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Gunder posted:

Is there any way to shoot out of a car? How are you meant to do the Criminal Convoy side missions otherwise? After you wreck them, they just get out the car and run. Chasing after them on foot means every other car in the convoy stops right next to you, everyone gets out, and then shoots you to gently caress.

You can't fire out of the car, but the convoys follow a set path that shows on your map that you can try to set up ambush points on. The other option is to chase after them and try to cause the main car to wreck and then just run him over.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The baseball cap is functional though, no? I always assumed he wore it to hide his identity from all the security cameras up high.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Palpek posted:

Trenchcoat is a staple of cyberpunk in every medium so it's not only because of those games. Imagine Blade Runner without a trenchcoat, they just really wanted to have it in the setting (not that they had to but it was an easy choice).

I guess but this would be way cooler for a dlc outfit

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

That white trench coat really does send this vibe.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Gunder posted:

Use IEDs or hackable items in the city to stop the convoy or kill your target. For convoys where you have to leave your target alive, you can block the road, shoot out the target's vehicle's tires, blow up his bodyguards' cars, or snipe his driver.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

This is so beautiful I'm putting it in the OP.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

e: gently caress

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Blackouts are great, learn to craft more of them. They only work at night, of course, but for about fifteen to twenty seconds nobody can see more than a foot in front of themselves.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Speedball posted:

Blackouts are great, learn to craft more of them. They only work at night, of course,

Or indoors. There's a late story mission where a Blackout is invaluable unless you want to start a potentially lethal gunfight.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Speedball posted:

Blackouts are great, learn to craft more of them. They only work at night, of course, but for about fifteen to twenty seconds nobody can see more than a foot in front of themselves.

Blackouts will be absolutely amazing in online invasions when the host is looking for you. :laugh:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just tried this out on my friend's PS4, I rode a motorcycle at full speed into an oncoming car and both vehicles just slammed to a halt.

Sweet physics.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

keyframe posted:

Blackouts will be absolutely amazing in online invasions when the host is looking for you. :laugh:

It works the other way around too--comm jammer can be used to give you more time if you're being invaded!

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Speedball posted:

It works the other way around too--comm jammer can be used to give you more time if you're being invaded!

I hope there is a limit to how often you can use those things in an invasion.

Bobtista posted:

I just tried this out on my friend's PS4, I rode a motorcycle at full speed into an oncoming car and both vehicles just slammed to a halt.

Sweet physics.

I don't have the time to record but every time I crashed to a vehicle or something else in high speed Aiden flew off like you would expect.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

keyframe posted:

I hope there is a limit to how often you can use those things in an invasion.

There's a limit to how many you can craft because it eats up resources. Jammers don't last more than a few seconds anyway.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
This is my currently most wanted game but after watching the IGN livestream of them playing it looked really bad. Granted they were just going through showing bits and pieces of everything it never really seemed to grab me like the previous trailers have. For those who are playing is the game actually really amazing and gently caress IGN?

My problem right now is I'm smack dab in the middle of my first wolfenstein playthrough and very few games can compare to the polish and badassocity of this game.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Wanderer posted:

Use IEDs or hackable items in the city to stop the convoy or kill your target. For convoys where you have to leave your target alive, you can block the road, shoot out the target's vehicle's tires, blow up his bodyguards' cars, or snipe his driver.

I just casually walk down the sidewalk, then go into focus mode and unleash with the full auto shotgun into the side of the vehicle, then haul rear end. If you're not acting shady, they won't respond to your presence, which lets you get pretty drat close to the target.

Meowbot posted:

For those who are playing is the game actually really amazing and gently caress IGN?

It'll pick up a few GOTY awards, but I imagine it'll end up being remembered the same way AC1 was. I'm about 15 hours in and I'm not bored yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

keyframe posted:

I don't have the time to record but every time I crashed to a vehicle or something else in high speed Aiden flew off like you would expect.

Plus it's not like GTA5 and other Havok games don't occasionally have things like that happen.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Meowbot posted:

This is my currently most wanted game but after watching the IGN livestream of them playing it looked really bad. Granted they were just going through showing bits and pieces of everything it never really seemed to grab me like the previous trailers have. For those who are playing is the game actually really amazing and gently caress IGN?

My problem right now is I'm smack dab in the middle of my first wolfenstein playthrough and very few games can compare to the polish and badassocity of this game.

Finish Wolfenstein, buy this when it's cheaper. I've put in a couple hours on PS4 now and aside from the physics problems the game is pretty meh. I don't know how to describe it, it just seems to be lacking a real hook. Outside of "you have to hack this to proceed with the mission" the hacks don't really do much, escaping the police is easier just driving away in the fastest car you can find (and wrestling with the terrible handling on anything that isn't a generic family type vehicle) than trying to do anything neat with the hacks.

I usually love open world games and I might pick this up in a steam sale when its £15 or in a bargain bin for PS4 in a year or so, but it definitely doesn't play as well as a £60 title should.

EDIT: Also is it just me being dumb or is there no melee other than the take down prompt when you are chasing a dude? Why can I go around shooting at people at random but can't throw a punch or whup a dude with that baton?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Aphrodite posted:

Plus it's not like GTA5 and other Havok games don't occasionally have things like that happen.

No but this is a Ubisoft game so we have to poo poo on it every chance possible.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4FcpJiBAX4

Have some physics~

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn6RF6rXmjk

Watch Dogs is truly the only game where physics glitches happen.

WraithMind
Jan 26, 2011
Good lord the butthurt in this thread.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Is GMG doing steam codes or uplay codes? Does anyone know?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Everything in this is either funny or fun looking.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Other games are also boring garbage, it doesn't matter if this one is as well. gently caress the haters, preorder while you still can!

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
My roommate got a PS4 copy this morning from Loblaws (They sell video games :wtc:). I watched him play a few hours from the corner of my eye, and spent a little bit of time of my own screwing around in the city.

If anyone is curious about the PS4 version:

- It runs horribly especially when it starts raining, or you are driving. GTA5 had some performance problems when driving around in the city, but this is just bad.
- Game has a bunch of frame rate issues in some areas that make no sense. One of the missions where you visit his sister (or is it ex wife?) house, the entire time in there the game looked like it was running at around 15 frames a second, and was chugging hard.
- I tried the spider tank mission, and when stuff starts happening the frame rate is unbearable and makes it extremely difficult to do anything.
- It looks pretty decent, at night, or when it is raining. During the regular day everything looks really flat.
- As of right now he is apparently stuck because after the third campaign mission, no other campaign mission pop ups have appeared.

But other than that the games city feels extremely alive, there seems to be a huge amount of stuff to do, and customization.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Meowbot posted:

For those who are playing is the game actually really amazing and gently caress IGN?
Half of the people say it's mediocre and uninspired, half say they're having some fun but nobody really said it's amazing. I'm guessing you can like it if it clicks with you but it's in no shape or form amazing or close to being as good as the first trailers made it look. At least that's what I'm reading from the comments, I'm waiting for more opinions when it officially releases on PC.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Palpek posted:

Half of the people say it's mediocre and uninspired, half say they're having some fun but nobody really said it's amazing. I'm guessing you can like it if it clicks with you but it's in no shape or form amazing or close to being as good as the first trailers made it look. At least that's what I'm reading from the comments, I'm waiting for more opinions when it officially releases on PC.

Pretty much this. I'm having fun playing it but at the same time I can't stop criticizing a lot of details that seem to amount to somebody's failed vision: "let's make this super realistic" *a few months later* "oh god this is hard to code, nevermind". It's definitely a ubisoft game.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
^^^^ Now imagine how bad it was when they delayed it

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

keyframe posted:

Aiden's terrible loving outfit that you can't change is quite possibly my only negative about this game.

Yeah the outfits are seriously bad. The Nemesis one is alright, but the rest are heinous.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

Palpek posted:

Yeah, speaking as someone who's really enjoying it, I still wouldn't say it's amazing. By AAA standards it feels at least a little refreshing in some regards, but it's still pretty obvious that it's acting as an elaborate proof of concept for a proper sequel. It's not absolute franchise fodder, and it's certainly not as bland and underwhelming as the first Assassin's Creed could get, but they're still finding their footing and playing it safe in a lot of areas.

Also, I can now confirm that rescuing civilians from broken-down cars during shootouts is still a thing, but it can only be triggered when in a confrontation with enemies, and I'm not quite sure what actually triggers it. Still, gives you a bit of good rep and some XP, so that's neat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

UberJumper posted:

My roommate got a PS4 copy this morning from Loblaws (They sell video games :wtc:). I watched him play a few hours from the corner of my eye, and spent a little bit of time of my own screwing around in the city.

If anyone is curious about the PS4 version:

- It runs horribly especially when it starts raining, or you are driving. GTA5 had some performance problems when driving around in the city, but this is just bad.
- Game has a bunch of frame rate issues in some areas that make no sense. One of the missions where you visit his sister (or is it ex wife?) house, the entire time in there the game looked like it was running at around 15 frames a second, and was chugging hard.
- I tried the spider tank mission, and when stuff starts happening the frame rate is unbearable and makes it extremely difficult to do anything.
- It looks pretty decent, at night, or when it is raining. During the regular day everything looks really flat.
- As of right now he is apparently stuck because after the third campaign mission, no other campaign mission pop ups have appeared.

But other than that the games city feels extremely alive, there seems to be a huge amount of stuff to do, and customization.

That might be a failing HDD. Nobody has said anything like that.

Unless none of them have it on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Moartoast posted:

Also, I can now confirm that rescuing civilians from broken-down cars during shootouts is still a thing, but it can only be triggered when in a confrontation with enemies, and I'm not quite sure what actually triggers it. Still, gives you a bit of good rep and some XP, so that's neat.

I'm suspecting it happens when the vehicle is hit in the engine area, if the shots are hitting the rear of the vehicle they just loving book it out of there.

• Locked thread