Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

AndyElusive posted:

Whatever. I like gaming and I loathe other people’s drama, and I find that mixed gaming groups tend to have way more drama than male-only groups and that drama tends to make gaming groups explode, which is why I’ve run so many unfinished campaigns. The drama really gets in the way of the gaming. In fact, I’ve been getting way more into wargaming and getting away from RPGs just because there’s so much less drama with the almost entirely male wargaming scene.

Yeah, if not for all those drat girls around nobody would be offended by the rape jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Goddamn it ebay, let me win at least one tank auction without being sniped at the last second. :argh:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

SRM posted:

Do you have more pictures of the painted tokens? Those are really nice.

Sure thing:

I didn't paint all of them(it was a collaborative effort), but you can probably tell which one is my favourite!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

AndyElusive posted:

Whatever. I like gaming and I loathe other people’s drama, and I find that mixed gaming groups tend to have way more drama than male-only groups and that drama tends to make gaming groups explode, which is why I’ve run so many unfinished campaigns. The drama really gets in the way of the gaming. In fact, I’ve been getting way more into wargaming and getting away from RPGs just because there’s so much less drama with the almost entirely male wargaming scene.

drat those women and their drama.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Cooked Auto posted:

Goddamn it ebay, let me win at least one tank auction without being sniped at the last second. :argh:
I think you mean a last second Precision Shot :smug:

I was looking through my painting log and aside from one single model in November, I haven't painted an in-production model since August. God drat this bright blue rabbit hole I've found myself down.

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

Now that I've wiped most of the blood off it and photographed it, I'm going to have to interrupt people failing to spot dakka posts with this important looting in progress:

Obviously still a ton of building to do, let alone plates and rivets.

(Not pictured: Top secret deffrolla and drivers cab)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

These are pretty loving sweet, guys. Lemme tell you.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Where did those loving awesome busts come from?

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Lord Twisted posted:

They look like minis sans arms and legs mounted on plastic pawns. Neat idea.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Lord Twisted posted:

The 40k Talisman game.

SRM posted:

I think you mean a last second Precision Shot :smug:

And those fuckers have a lot better luck with the dice than I ever have. I want to feed my armor addiction in some fashion.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

LordAba posted:

I could only make it 4 minutes in. Anyone want to summarize?

What Rulebook Heavily said. After many jump cuts the game ends after four hours, even the trust fund kid "narrating" the "game" sounds exhausted. No one is laughing anymore because it's dumb and not funny. The only reason the game didn't end sooner with Daemons player tabling the guy outright is that he summoned lots of Daemonettes instead of Horrors that would have shot the Space Marines off the table. And he was bad at the game.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Slimnoid posted:

drat those women and their drama.

What really gets my dander up is the way people like Slimnoid always twist the argument around so that everyone who disagrees with them is a horrible, sexist monster. The self-righteousness really aggravates me, especially when they're being so self-righteous over something that is so bleeding trivial. Playing Warhammer is not a human right. It's a thing one does when one is hanging out with one's mates. There's nothing wrong with hanging out with one's mates. And if you somehow change the gaming scene so it's not mostly composed of guys hanging out with their mates, then it's not like guys are going to stop hanging out with their mates with no women around. They'll just being doing it somewhere else, and doing something else that women aren't interested in, until people like Slimnoid take issue with that as well.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Reading through the rule book. It is laid out really well, and the pictures of the models add a lot to the various rules that you're reading about (a page of Grey Knights in battle opposite the opening page of the psyker rules, etc.). A page for every unit type and psyker power, it's just nicely laid out. Bookmarking the pages will be pretty easy. It would have been nice if the new or changed rules were underlined or something.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AndyElusive posted:

There is a girl in my shop right now, so of course one of the group comes up to me and says "I'VE NEVER SEEN A [i]GIRL[/i} LIKE THAT BEFORE". I almost walked out.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
So I was one of the people who emailed Frontline previously about that whole daemon thing and actually requested a Battle Report ,here's some interesting things first he handicapped himself IE he didnt do the game breaking summon daemons that can summon the only models he summoned was Daemonettes, he could have summoned Fleshhounds, Screamers etc.. he got 1 Possession.

He specifically handicapped himself by not allowing Pink Horrors to summon, also Fateweaver is kind of useless in that army as it doesn't really have the COMBO that the Screamerstar has.

Basically he could have done A LOT more and been a lot ore efficient but it's easy to second guess a Battlereport, but he didn't even play it to it's brokenness. Also, he stopped summoning some phases.

So yeah, he didn't even "break it" to its full potential. He spent the turns not sacrificing and just summoning one type of daemon pretty much.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

LordAba posted:

There is a girl in my shop right now, so of course one of the group comes up to me and says "I'VE NEVER SEEN A [i]GIRL[/i} LIKE THAT BEFORE". I almost walked out.

If some girls feel excluded...well, why should anyone care?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I got a couple of games in yesterday to try out the new rules. It was my Dark Angels vs. a friend's Raven Guard at 1,000 and then 1,500 points. I tried out a unit of 10 outflanking shotgun scouts in the first game and really liked them. I plan on taking them more often in the future. I'm still not really sure why I'd take shotguns over bolters since they can't charge the turn they arrive, but they look cool so whatever. I also took a librarian to try out the new psychic phase and found it to be pretty underwhelming. It didn't really help that I rolled some bad powers, but I seemed to get fewer through.

I took a couple of land speeder typhoons and something special happened to one of them. My opponent took a stormtalon and a stormraven in both games and, since I play Dark Angels, my anti-air consists of shooting blindly into the sky with heavy weapons and hoping something hits. In the second game, one of my typhoons shot down the stormtalon like it was nothing with a lucky immobilized result. The stormraven got stunned and lost two hull points in the same phase. The next turn, that same typhoon shot down the stormraven. Two aircraft kills in a game. That thing's getting some kill tallies. :black101: When it gets painted.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

AndyElusive posted:

:goonsay:

LabiaBadgerTickler
Feb 12, 2014

by Ralp

Moola posted:

If some girls feel excluded...well, why should anyone care?

Because girls aren't people.

So, I've a friend looking to get into this inspite of my best efforts to tell him otherwise. He's wanting to know which army works best with the new edition. Besides Nids.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

It doesn't help at all that you are using what sound like feminist arguments, and feminists are some of the most irrational, hate-filled people around.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Ok, I'll stop now, I'm very sorry.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

AndyElusive posted:

Everyone deserves to see this in its original glory. Way worse with the opening lines.

Terrible hobby, terrible people, etc.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Crossposting my necron sale!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3637494

Buy my robots!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Moola posted:

Ok, I'll stop now, I'm very sorry.

We all know your shitposting isn't gonna stop.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Soulfucker posted:

I didn't paint all of them(it was a collaborative effort), but you can probably tell which one is my favourite!
Was it the Callidus that has paint rubbed off her breast? :heysexy:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Pierzak posted:

Was it the Callidus that has paint rubbed off her breast? :heysexy:

I fixed that before uploading the pictures but goddamn :master:

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
Somebody requested these last night, so here they are.

Sole Sushi's vomarine:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Someone needs to rig up a vomit marine fountain.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Tadhg posted:

Somebody requested these last night, so here they are.

Sole Sushi's vomarine:

Awesome, thanks!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is that vomit magnetized?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

AndyElusive posted:

Is that vomit magnetized?

Ayup.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Thats a cool vomit marine.

I played a couple of games so far this weekend, one with some co-workers and one with my normal space wolves opponent.

Both games were pretty fun, but loving long. Both at 1500 points, the first was my ultramarines vs 750 points each of orkz and chaos marines. Took 4.5 hours, and was pretty swingy until my thunderfire cannon was killed and the rest of the ork boyz swept across my table half. My chapter master on a bike wiped out one large group and outran the second, but was a few inches short of linebreaker, so we tied at 8 points (mostly due to objectives).

The second game was the same army, but I called them alpha legion so I could have the librarian summon daemons, vs space wolves. This game took a lot longer since my opponent hadn't read through the rules yet so we spent a lot of time looking things up. We rolled the mission where you can score the other player's 'capture' objective cards, and I won 22-4 due to really good objective rolls. This game was also swingy with respect to who was removing move models each game turn, but I was up by ~10 vp by the end of turn 2. I rolled bad spells on the daemonology table, in that I don't own/didn't bring the right models (heralds and chariots), but I was able to summon in 10 fleshhounds over the course of the game with no perils. The summoning is fun, so I could see making a chaos marine army to summon in some backup, but given the models I own, I'd only plan on summoning in a couple of units of flesh hounds or bloodletters, and then if I get lucky turn into a bloodthirster and get into melee as fast as I can.

Lots of words, 40k is still as fun as it was last week, but probably only if you don't care about winning.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Hey, don't have a rulebook but can someone explain the chaos sorceror changes? Am I understanding right that if they're marked they get their god's primaris AND get to pick another school?

What's a good sorcerer load out, ignore gears and go for levels? Take 2x ML 2 psykers or 1x ML 3 and 1x ML 1? Ally with myself for 4 sorcs?

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Post 9-11 User posted:

Between scaring off my girlfriend and people screeching things like, "My Sergeant is gonna RAPE YOU with his POWER FIST!!!" I couldn't stomach showing up there anymore. :reject:

Jesus gently caress that is not OK. My group has been over using terrible "rape" portmanteaus and references for like a goddamned decade; my wife is way more chill with everyone as a result. Also:

Warhammer 40k 7th Edition - Is that vomit magnetized?

Edit: HURR DURR FEMINISTS BAD :frogout: Boy, have I got a subreddit for you.

Proletariat Beowulf fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 26, 2014

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

SRM posted:

"We can't stop here, this is bat flying manta ray country!"

Daily reminder that those flying manta rays are more capable of manning quadguns than Tyranid Warriors. I'm honestly surprised that GW haven't nerfed Tyranids in a FAQ yet but since it's been so long since a FAQ was last done, it looks like SitW and Dominion will still be old and busted for quite a long time.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

field balm posted:

Hey, don't have a rulebook but can someone explain the chaos sorceror changes? Am I understanding right that if they're marked they get their god's primaris AND get to pick another school?

What's a good sorcerer load out, ignore gears and go for levels? Take 2x ML 2 psykers or 1x ML 3 and 1x ML 1? Ally with myself for 4 sorcs?

You automatically get your gods Primaris for free, then you have to roll once on the chart then you can roll on other charts. Getting the free Primaris doesn't satisfy the requirement that you have to roll.

So you get a extra power basically. Unless you are unmarked then you can focus and get a free power for the focus bonus. I think that's pretty much how it works.

If you want to have fun, take everything in the army that has the Daemon special rule and then ally with Chaos Daemons cast Cursed Earth. Enjoy +1 to Daemon save if you are with in 12 of them.

You can do a lot of fun stuff now with Chaos Daemons and Chaos Space Marines.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 26, 2014

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm going to have to buy more plague bearers now aren't I?

I'm probably ok with that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It'd be a good idea. You can do a lot of funky things with Daemons now.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

It'd be a good idea. You can do a lot of funky things with Daemons now.

I've got 14 of the old metal ones I used in 5th with the old CSM dex. I try and run as many of my units as factors of 7 for papa N. So I might try and get my hands on 6 more of those and a box of the new plastics.

I don't think I should need more than 30... Such a shame I can't summon them in units of 7

Cataphract fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Cataphract posted:

I've got 14 of the old metal ones I used in 5th with the old CSM dex. I try and run as many of my units as factors of 7 for papa N. So I might try and get my hands on 6 more of those and a box of the new plastics.

I don't think I should need more than 30...

The juries still out on this one , but I think if you sumon a Daemon Squad with a instrument you automatically also get to bring in any unit that has the Daemon type in from reserve automaticlly, Obliterators are Daemons, so Are Bloodthirsters and Soul Grinders.. This can be done on the first turn... like I said it's funky.

• Locked thread