Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

That might be a failing HDD. Nobody has said anything like that.

Unless none of them have it on PS4.

Seemed to run fine when I was playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Palpek posted:

Half of the people say it's mediocre and uninspired, half say they're having some fun but nobody really said it's amazing. I'm guessing you can like it if it clicks with you but it's in no shape or form amazing or close to being as good as the first trailers made it look. At least that's what I'm reading from the comments, I'm waiting for more opinions when it officially releases on PC.

I know how much you value my opinion palpek since i have excellent taste in both videogames and men and I will say concretely that this game is rad and cool even without the multiplayer yet which is gonna be the raddest and coolest part.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I don't know about anyone else but these chess puzzles are great. Takes me back to when I was a little nerd taking chess classes.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

dreffen posted:

Is GMG doing steam codes or uplay codes? Does anyone know?

Buying the game anywhere other than directly through Steam will get you a Uplay code.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
If anyone want to see some PvP, the german streamer http://www.twitch.tv/messirolive is doing a lot of PvP stuff. The modes that are for more players usually don't have more than 2-3 people(probably because it still isn't technically released), but the 1 on 1 invasions work great.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.
Has anyone shown the supposed 8-player free-roam multiplayer yet? I'd like to know definitively what kind of compromises they made to make it run decently or whatever.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Moartoast posted:

Has anyone shown the supposed 8-player free-roam multiplayer yet? I'd like to know definitively what kind of compromises they made to make it run decently or whatever.
Also, has anyone established what happens when you're in free roam multiplayer and start a normal mission?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Aphrodite posted:

That might be a failing HDD. Nobody has said anything like that.

Unless none of them have it on PS4.

It is weird, i am playing now since my roommate has gone to work. All the issues are seemingly gone, and the game seems to be running like butter. :iiam:

How am i supposed to complete the escape the police and drop the car off missions? After i escape the police, (which is pretty drat hard to do), i can never drop the car off due to the yellow search circles that basically spawn directly over the car drop off point.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

UberJumper posted:

It is weird, i am playing now since my roommate has gone to work. All the issues are seemingly gone, and the game seems to be running like butter. :iiam:

How am i supposed to complete the escape the police and drop the car off missions? After i escape the police, (which is pretty drat hard to do), i can never drop the car off due to the yellow search circles that basically spawn directly over the car drop off point.

Tried using a blackout?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I started a online tailing mission and the guy I was tailing being chased by cops and was doing a good job raising bridges and putting up bollards, to bad for him I was right there with the cops chasing him, reversing everything he did.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Hakkesshu posted:

Buying the game anywhere other than directly through Steam will get you a Uplay code.

Alright that's what I figured, hoped maybe I'd be wrong though. Not that big a deal anyway.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

hopterque posted:

I know how much you value my opinion palpek since i have excellent taste in both videogames and men and I will say concretely that this game is rad and cool even without the multiplayer yet which is gonna be the raddest and coolest part.
Ok, I believe you. I consider the consensus now to be that the game is real good.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've went from on the fence to really excited for this game over the last few days. I'm sure some of the usual Ubisoft open world stuff that I don't like will be present, but there are enough videos out there that make me think it's going to be a lot of fun and the graphics really do look drat pretty.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Hacking into routers so you can play with webcams is fun.

Until right after you hack some money the couple on bed start crying about the guy's cancer and a baby on the way.

I have nearly $200k, let me open their account and make a deposit. :smith:

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Does anyone know when the reviews are going to be up?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

Until right after you hack some money the couple on bed start crying about the guy's cancer and a baby on the way.

I'm shocked you can't do this. It'd make an easy 'Good guy points!' thing..

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

Capn Beeb posted:

I actually kind of feel like you should be able to do stuff like this, and without it rewarding you in any way. It would be a great way to tie into the whole moral ambiguity thing where you choose how much you care about otherwise meaningless collections of polygons.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Moartoast posted:

I actually kind of feel like you should be able to do stuff like this, and without it rewarding you in any way. It would be a great way to tie into the whole moral ambiguity thing where you choose how much you care about otherwise meaningless collections of polygons.

I demand a Robin Hood outfit.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

de_dust posted:

Does anyone know when the reviews are going to be up?

Tuesday morning, I think?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Yeah, Tuesday morning seems to be the time.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

IGN is already preparing the ground for it: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/25/whats-your-favorite-watch-dog

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
wow, IGN is really bad isn't it?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Has anyone ever had a picture of Enrico Dandolo of the Republic of Venice as a Doge picture? :haw:

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
What's all this IGN stuff in this thread?

What have they done?

^^^Apart from the way it went all buzzfeed in that article ofc.

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.
I was hoping Watch Dogs would be good but it's really exceeded my expectations by far and the only thing I have disliked so far is the floaty driving but I have gotten used to it. Have it on the PS4 and and I think it's taking about 25GB space on the HDD which isn't bad, load times are good and rare anyway.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Broken Cog posted:

Tried using a blackout?

What is a black out?

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.

UberJumper posted:

What is a black out?

Think you craft the item for it and it'll knock out the city's power.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Obsidius posted:

Think you craft the item for it and it'll knock out the city's power.

Yup, it's a craftable item that lets you temporarily black out the city and blind everyone for fifteen seconds. You can't hack anything when there's no power, though. You can also get a blackout by blowing up large power transformers--either hack them or chuck an explosive their way.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Jamming comms works just as well, takes less resources, and doesn't completely loving neuter you while it's in effect.

Also helpful for stopping people calling the cops, or gangsters calling their friends.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
How big is the Season Pass in terms of disk space? Just wondering because of bandwidth limits.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zohar posted:

How big is the Season Pass in terms of disk space? Just wondering because of bandwidth limits.

The Pass itself doesn't occupy anything. On a console it's like 100kb to add an account flag. On PC I don't think it downloads anything at all.

Until the game's out there's no way to know how large that DLC pack it comes with is though.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

zen death robot posted:

So it's "DLC" that's actually shipped with the game or what?

No the season pass is for the single player campaign with that other character that's gonna come out later.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
So is the ps4 version being available a widespread thing or just a few places breaking the ship date again?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

zen death robot posted:

So it's "DLC" that's actually shipped with the game or what?

If you're referring to the season pass, it's an account flag that allows you to download all of the DLC they'll be releasing for one price (the price of the season pass). It's basically a preorder.

As for on-release DLC, it'll probably just be a small file you download (or just an account flag) allowing you to access whatever special missions they have already on the disk.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Falcon2001 posted:

So is the ps4 version being available a widespread thing or just a few places breaking the ship date again?

I'm pretty sure it's broken shipping dates, specifically for people who order online. Here in the UK at least Monday is a bank holiday so a lot of places posted them out Friday instead of Monday like they normally would so they turned up yesterday.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

It's no forza 4 but driving around in the cockpit mode is loads of fun, especially when you're trying to hide from the cops, at which point the game suddenly becomes Drive.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Do motorcycles have a first person view?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Daztek posted:

Do motorcycles have a first person view?

Yes, but it's a bumper view instead of a cockpit.. so no handlebars or anything. Using it makes riding bikes really easy.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I got an Nvidia card with a Watch Dogs voucher that I've redeemed recently, but it isn't showing up in my Uplay library. Anyone had any experience with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eonwe posted:

I got an Nvidia card with a Watch Dogs voucher that I've redeemed recently, but it isn't showing up in my Uplay library. Anyone had any experience with this?

Those don't show up until day of.

• Locked thread