Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Kin posted:

I've not seen anyone mention scampi fries yet. They're like little bags of crack, plus not half filled with air like most other bags of crisps.

That's because the air is inside the scampi fry :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
One of Le Monde's correspondents reckons that UKIP got 22% of the euro vote: https://twitter.com/ArLeparmentier

If that's accurate, they waaaay underperformed their polling.

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

Private Eye posted:

Anyone who spoiled their vote in my ward very nearly let in a kipper.

Labour ended up beating the kipper to the seat by 8 votes. Thankfully I persuaded most of my family to vote labour to keep UKIP out. It's me, I saved my ward.

"Beat the racists with the also racist wedge"

Alecto
Feb 11, 2014

LemonDrizzle posted:

One of Le Monde's correspondents reckons that UKIP got 22% of the euro vote: https://twitter.com/ArLeparmentier

Oh my, that would be loving glorious. That's almost 10% below what they should be getting.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

LemonDrizzle posted:

That can't be right: that's way below even their lowest opinion poll percentage. I wouldn't complain if its right, though!

It'll still be spun in a pro-UKIP way though: but they should have done much better. If it is right: then the question becomes who wins overall: you might get the Tories leading since I can't see Eurosceptic voters voting for Labour...

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I'm probably bourgeois as hell but I'm eating the mustard flavour Tyrells pork crackling with a pint of ale and I'm reminded why England loving rules.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

LemonDrizzle posted:

How much did they get at the last Euro election?

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Quote-Unquote posted:

I'm probably bourgeois as hell but I'm eating the mustard flavour Tyrells pork crackling with a pint of ale and I'm reminded why England loving rules.

They make pork crackling in flavours other than pig now? This world is doomed :(

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

How much did they get at the last Euro election?

17% - so they are way up on last year: but not by a huge margin. Some of the polls had them in the low 30s; I've always though the high twenties though...

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

SybilVimes posted:

They make pork crackling in flavours other than pig now? This world is doomed :(

It's proper English mustard. Pig and mustard is the correct combination

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Quote-Unquote posted:

It's proper English mustard. Pig and mustard is the correct combination

Some bizarre Britain First meme is being whipped up as we speak.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Quote-Unquote posted:

Jesus H Christ, how can you see to post? Those things are absolutely eyewatering.

After five hours counting votes, I am sitting in a sports centre waiting for the results to be called so I can go home. I believe we may want to consider if fascist tyranny doesn't have some positive points that we have hitherto overlooked.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jedit posted:

Jesus H Christ, how can you see to post? Those things are absolutely eyewatering.

After five hours counting votes, I am sitting in a sports centre waiting for the results to be called so I can go home. I believe we may want to consider if fascist tyranny doesn't have some positive points that we have hitherto overlooked.

A fascist tyranny would keep you waiting forever, or possibly throw you out of a helicopter into the sea.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Turnout up a bunch in Scotland: perhaps having UKIP being a thing has encouraged people to go and vote against them?

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

I've been slightly out of it for a week, but why the gently caress was Ed Milliband eating a sandwich national news?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

IceAgeComing posted:

Turnout up a bunch in Scotland: perhaps having UKIP being a thing has encouraged people to go and vote against them?

We'll have to wait for results, see who got those extra votes.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

namesake posted:

Some bizarre Britain First meme is being whipped up as we speak.

Bloody Dijon mustards coming over here and taking the jobs of our hard working nostril burning English mustards.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
So anyone else watching People In Suits Saying Things on BBC1? If so, take a drink every time Nick Robinson says "this will be psychologically important", when he means "not neccesarily important actually, but it'll sound like it means something if I say it enough".

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Quote-Unquote posted:

Bloody Dijon mustards coming over here and taking the jobs of our hard working nostril burning English mustards.

I actually slightly prefer dijon to english - multiculturalism works!

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

namesake posted:

We'll have to wait for results, see who got those extra votes.

BBC liveblog says the SNP got 3 MEPs, so either UKIP or the Tories lost out; almost certainly UKIP if the 22% figure nationwide is correct. Turnout comparatively high in the North-East and East Midlands as well: 31% and 33%, respectively.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

SybilVimes posted:

I like different mustards in different situations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

SybilVimes posted:

What is this country coming to?! Next you'll be saying that wasabi is better than horseradish.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I checked that Le Monde tweet, and that's 22% of the vote-share for all far-right parties, not just UKIP. Given that UKIP got 17% and the BNP 6% last time...

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Quote-Unquote posted:

What is this country coming to?! Next you'll be saying that wasabi is better than horseradish.

I've only had fake wasabi, which is usually made FROM horseradish, so... no comment.

e: on that subject though, why has all the prepackaged sushi stopped including any wasabi at all?

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
BBC is putting UKIP at 36.24%.

e: Or not, it's at 33% now. Not sure what it's meant to be showing.

vvv see below

QuantumCrayons
Apr 11, 2010

Zohar posted:

BBC is putting UKIP at 36.24%.

That's only for the current tallies. Fallen to 33.62% now, could fall even more, especially as the Scotland vote stills seems to be coming in.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

QuantumCrayons posted:

That's only for the current tallies. Fallen to 33.62% now, could fall even more, especially as the Scotland vote stills seems to be coming in.

Yeah, I see that now. Crisis over.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Labour take the North-East with 2 MEPs to UKIP's 1. BNP vote collapsed to 2%.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

BNP down 9% in the north east (to 2%).

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

LemonDrizzle posted:

Labour take the North-East with 2 MEPs to UKIP's 1.

So lib dems and BNP were annihilated in votes giving seats to labour and UKIP.

God that's not a win really.

Edit: UKIP spokesperson describes themselves as the common sense centrist party.

Death to centrists. Death to common sense.

namesake fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 25, 2014

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Looks like Nick Griffin has lost his seat

Some good news

Edit: Hasn't been announced yet but he put this up on twitter and Labour sources are spreading it around:

kustomkarkommando fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 25, 2014

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

^^^Ok that's actually good news at least.

kustomkarkommando posted:

Looks like Nick Griffin has lost his seat

Some good news

He's North West.

namesake fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 25, 2014

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

LemonDrizzle posted:

BBC liveblog says the SNP got 3 MEPs, so either UKIP or the Tories lost out

Good of them to post the result before we declared.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Jedit posted:

OK, what they said was "chatter among reporters is that..."

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Jedit posted:

The source for that is a tweet from the Scotsman referencing "talk among reporters". Not much to go on, really.
edit: lemondrizzle stop typing so quickly, drat it

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

East is declaring; UKIP 3, Conservatives 3, Labour 1.

Lib dem loses to UKIP.

Seems all the minor party votes are getting smashed this time around to UKIP or Labour.

namesake fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 25, 2014

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
East of England MEP count: UKIP 3 Tory 3 Labour 1

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Pissflaps posted:

I like different mustards in different situations.

a proper fiery english mustard has its place, as does dijon and american mustards.

Alecto
Feb 11, 2014

namesake posted:

East is declaring; UKIP 3, Conservatives 3, Labour 1.

gently caress me. This is going to terrible; the Conservatives should NOT have got a 3rd there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Why are they showing random UKIP guy when they didn't show random Labour guy earlier?

• Locked thread