Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
UKIP are going to dominate aren't they? We're hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Chipp Zanuff posted:

UKIP are going to dominate aren't they? We're hosed

not as hosed as we are.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
What's happening in Northern Ireland? The BBC aren't mentioning them at all as far as I can tell

edit: i looked it up myself, they're counting on Monday, ignore me

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Angepain posted:

What's happening in Northern Ireland? The BBC aren't mentioning them at all as far as I can tell

I don't think they declare until tomorrow.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Jedit posted:

I don't think they declare until tomorrow.

I heard that the Scottish Results are also being delayed till tomorrow as well due to something about the western isles not doing it on a Sunday. Not sure if this is true or not.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
They counted and sent their numbers in on Friday: but they aren't announcing the results for their local authority region until tomorrow because Wee Frees. The Scottish result should be tonight.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Y'all should come to the EU thread and drown your sorrows with the rest of us.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

ufarn posted:

Y'all should come to the EU thread and drown your sorrows with the rest of us.

We're practising for our coming independence from the EU.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

UKIP leading by 2% in Newark: but that's probably not good for them since they'll lose votes in a parliamentary by-election.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

The BBC are saying that from Aberdeen there has been a swing from the SNP to Labour: but also that "the Greens might beat the Lib Dems into fourth place"; which seems to imply that either the Tories or UKIP have had a horrible result in Scotland. It might also be a mis-statement, but I hope not!

Alecto
Feb 11, 2014

IceAgeComing posted:

The BBC are saying that from Aberdeen there has been a swing from the SNP to Labour: but also that "the Greens might beat the Lib Dems into fourth place"; which seems to imply that either the Tories or UKIP have had a horrible result in Scotland. It might also be a mis-statement, but I hope not!

I think he meant nationally, about the Lib Dems/Greens.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

If that's true it'll be UKIP, surely. And if the Greens beat UKIP then that'll mean that, barring some wild shift in the polls, the Greens will get that Scottish MEP they're shooting for. As that's the outcome I'm rooting for I will be now holding my hands over my ears in the corner and shouting "la la la, I can't hear you" for the rest of the evening, good night.

edit: I CAN'T HEAR YOU, Alecto

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

He said it right after the Aberdeen thing without a major tone shift or something: so if he did mean that it was a little confusing. That does make sense, though!

Alecto
Feb 11, 2014

IceAgeComing posted:

He said it right after the Aberdeen thing without a major tone shift or something: so if he did mean that it was a little confusing. That does make sense, though!

I might be confused, that would certainly be exciting.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

I'm sure "UKIP sixth in Scotland!" would be quite a big story so the BBC would actually talk about it.

..right?

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkBMAHUkibY

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

'It's a close result in Edinburgh. Labour takes it with 32,758 votes - just 37 more than SNP. Conservatives come third, with 27,554 votes.'

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Good news: Griffin has lost his seat.

Bad news: Ukip got 45% in Basildon. What the living gently caress Basildon? I have a horrible feeling Chelmsford will be one of the 20 - 30 seats Ukip are targeting next year. Simon Burns (Con, obv) only has a majority of 5,000.

If Scotland votes yes I'm claiming citizenship and emmigrating.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Does anyone know of an online resource where you can see the Euro results by LA area as they declare? The BBC don't have anything like that...

Labour winning in Scotland and a UKIP MEP apparently :smith:

Alecto
Feb 11, 2014
Sounds like UKIP are getting that Scottish MEP.

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

We'll take our chances...
Don't know where that guy is getting Labour winning in Scotland. SNP are still ahead but not as much as polls predicted. UKIP still on track for that 6th seat.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Nick Robinson still finding as many ways as possible to say "This wouldn't actually be a reflection of anything, but people will think it is and so I'm going to talk about them thinking it is, in a way that sounds like it actually is."

He puts it in a lot fewer words, to be fair.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Angepain posted:

He puts it in a lot fewer words, to be fair.

No he loving doesn't. :laugh:

That man loves run on sentences and padding more than I do.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

SNP 29% in Scotland; they need 30+ in order to get the third MEP :smith:

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Alecto posted:

Sounds like UKIP are getting that Scottish MEP.

Where are you hearing this from?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Oh dear, preliminary scottish results: SNP 29%, UKIP 10%. That would mean a 2/2/1/1 split of MEPs.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Good news: Griffin has lost his seat.

Bad news: Ukip got 45% in Basildon. What the living gently caress Basildon? I have a horrible feeling Chelmsford will be one of the 20 - 30 seats Ukip are targeting next year. Simon Burns (Con, obv) only has a majority of 5,000.

If Scotland votes yes I'm claiming citizenship and emmigrating.

You may be right (and its my city) but Chelmsford has been a really safe Tory seat forever. The difference between Basildon and Chelmsford is Chelmsford is much more of a commuter town, so it tends to skew more to Tory.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Chipp Zanuff posted:

BBC livestream: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27407926

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Chipp Zanuff posted:

All the results ?

Alecto
Feb 11, 2014
The %s the BBC just shwed for Scotland would give 2 SNP, 2 Lab, 1 Con, 1 UKIP.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
The Guardian are saying it's SNP, Labour, Tories, Ukip, Greens, Lib Dems. In that order.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

SNP 29% in Scotland; they need 30+ in order to get the third MEP :smith:

There are two ways for UKIP not to get the sixth MEP - one is the SNP getting a third seat, the other is the Greens getting a first seat by beating UKIP (currently greens are 2% below them across scotland, not sure which areas have declared yet). That means there's been a split in the tactical anti-UKIP vote, which could be trouble.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Man I wish BBC would give up with this floor map CGI nonsense. That Front National result in France is really, really depressing.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Trickjaw posted:

You may be right (and its my city) but Chelmsford has been a really safe Tory seat forever. The difference between Basildon and Chelmsford is Chelmsford is much more of a commuter town, so it tends to skew more to Tory.

Oh I agree, the difference between Chelmsford and Basildon is night and day and as much as I loathe Burns I expect him to hold his seat. I wonder if Ukip will mention "Lord" Hanningfield in their campaign literature.

[I'm frontKHAAAN! from Chelmsford, just had a name change.]

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

We'll take our chances...
It looks like the Greens have courted the lefty pro-independence vote from the SNP, leading to a split allowing UKIP to sneak in.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Grant Shapps' eyes are really weird and sunken.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Oh I agree, the difference between Chelmsford and Basildon is night and day and as much as I loathe Burns I expect him to hold his seat. I wonder if Ukip will mention "Lord" Hanningfield in their campaign literature.

[I'm frontKHAAAN! from Chelmsford, just had a name change.]

Oooh. Thats not playing fair. You might as well wear a burqa! Yes,Burns is a sniveling mustard, but so is Hanningfield. UKIP would be getting into pot and kettle if they targeted him, though.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Lugaloco posted:

Man I wish BBC would give up with this floor map CGI nonsense. That Front National result in France is really, really depressing.

If you don't love Jeremy Vine striding across Europe like some kind of haywire analytic colossus then maybe you don't get what makes election results great.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Bring back Peter Snow

...wasn't the cut in the EU budget forced by a Labour/rebel Tories wrecking amendment in parliament, and not done completely by the government?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I endorse a new D-Day landing, we are not fit to govern ourselves.

• Locked thread